PDA

View Full Version : Favorite All-Time Rocket

kelownakarl
01-22-2005, 02:55 PM
So Rockets fans who is your favorite all-time Rocket?

I would have to say Travis Moen. The kid came to play night in and night out. Never took a shift off. The same style that has got him to the NHL level and made him an effective role player.

mccabe23
01-22-2005, 03:20 PM
My pick would be Carsen Germyn. I loved watching him play. He had talent, a good shot and tough for his size. He backed down from nobody and played hard all the time.

As for my favorite CURRENT Rocket......Kyle Cumiskey! What a hell of a skater!

kelownakarl
01-22-2005, 03:33 PM
Ahh current is good too. I would have to say Brett Palin. Guy is a rock on D and a good leader and mentor for the young players on the team!

Squig
01-22-2005, 06:41 PM
Scott Parker....nuf said

pgcougarfan
01-22-2005, 07:31 PM
it's between Quinn Hancock & Joel Kwiatkowski for me (:

Kassian
01-22-2005, 08:00 PM
Scott Parker....nuf said

I have to agree there. :D

Jovorock
01-23-2005, 08:56 AM
There have been so many, I can't decide between Parker and Cutter.

Other notiables, JD, Hannan, Moen, Germyn, Wade to name a few.

Robster
01-24-2005, 02:17 AM
> :) So Rockets fans who is your favorite all-time Rocket?

Scott Parker......The fans used to laugh whenever he came onto the ice , in the beginning he could hardly skate, and couldnt fight. Skrlac used to openly taunt him until he finally broke Skrlacs jaw.....Look how far he's come since those days.

My second is Cutter, not only was he honest, he was a giant killer.
Who will ever forget the absolute pasting he unleashed (as a rookie) upon a much older and more experienced AJ Baines in the Loops.

Magic moments!

Teaps
01-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Current.......Comeau...LOL...Thats a bias of course....but in all seriousness...I'll have to say Current is Westy...

and of all time......hmmm

Mosie! How can anyone disagree that he has been the most inspirational player for this team of all time. Never quits, comes out every shift like it's his last, and holy **** can he move on the ice. Weaving in and out of players like a needle to fabric. Not to mention he is a Very well spoken person.

Notables: Cutter, Parker, Guard, McLeod, Shultz and Chucky Kobasew

kelownakarl
01-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Here is an idea for you all to ponder.... Let me know what you think.

Maybe I can do a fan poll type of thing here for fans favorite top 10 (or more) all-time Rockets. Like do a poll for #1, list off about 10 names, fans have say 3-4 days or whatever to vote, then close the poll and move on to #2.... what do you all think? his way we can get a nice list of everyones top 10 all time players.

mccabe23
01-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Excellent idea! Looking forward to it, Kelownakarl!

Teaps
01-24-2005, 11:33 PM
Go for it Karl...Would be awesome

k-town dangler
01-25-2005, 02:58 PM
My favorite would have to be Kiel Mcleod. I'll admit he didn't have the heart of a guy like Cutter, but when he decided to come and play I just loved to watch him. Huge punishing hits, and one of the hardest and quickest wrist shots I've seen since the Rockets have been here. When he brought his A game he looked like a man playing amongst boys.

A close second would be Cutter and Parker.

J23
01-25-2005, 06:34 PM
My all time favorite Rocket would be: a toss-up inbetween Travis Moen and Ryan Cuthbert.

My favorite CURRENT Rocket would be: hmmmm, Troy Bodie or Craig Cuthbert (I can't help but like a kid who is EXACTLY like his older brother! haha) :)

Jovorock
01-27-2005, 09:38 AM
My favorite would have to be Kiel Mcleod. I'll admit he didn't have the heart of a guy like Cutter, but when he decided to come and play I just loved to watch him. Huge punishing hits, and one of the hardest and quickest wrist shots I've seen since the Rockets have been here. When he brought his A game he looked like a man playing amongst boys.

A close second would be Cutter and Parker.
Kiel at times could dominate, but even now he isn't making a big name for himself in the AHL. Rumors still have it that his groin is a problem, just like it was a problem while he was sitting out for the Memorial Cup run a couple years ago.

kevanie97
01-29-2005, 12:22 AM
Kiel at times could dominate, but even now he isn't making a big name for himself in the AHL. Rumors still have it that his groin is a problem, just like it was a problem while he was sitting out for the Memorial Cup run a couple years ago.

He didn't miss the M-Cup run because because of a groin injury Jovo, he missed it because of Mono.....and thats the facts.

kelownakarl
01-29-2005, 12:47 AM
He didn't miss the M-Cup run because because of a groin injury Jovo, he missed it because of Mono.....and thats the facts.

True fact!

Jovorock
01-30-2005, 09:08 AM
Ya right keep believing that kev.