PDA

View Full Version : Season thus far

Harvest
12-15-2013, 07:48 PM
The season in general has been pretty decent to this point.
The good points-
Gawdin and debrusk have really impressed this year.
Honka has been a pleasant surprise with how offensively gifted he is
Bow has been making a strong case to be a starter already
Lernout and merkley have both come along very nicely this year
In general the talent level is up from where it's been over the last couple of years
Better skating team with lots of young depth

Bad points
Where has the hitting gone? We have zero forecheck and have forgotten hockey is a contact sport.
No legitimate toughness. Bunch of lightweights but no heavy hand to keep others in check.
Martin has been terrible in his own end and his offensive side has not been enough for this to be overlooked
Cave has been extremely inconsistent over the last month. Had a great role model last year.
Sanvido needs to get back to what was successful for him at the start of the year
Heatherington could maybe realize he's a big guy and start to hit someone
Forecheck!
The broncos have played some badly beat up teams and have not been closing out games. This must change in order to stay ahead in the weak east division. Regina is coming on strong in a division where the rest of the teams are pretty weak.
Shawn Mullins coverage of the team. I know your going to have to view the team with a bias in that job but common. And can we ever know what's wrong with players?
Poor attendance. No idea why we can't get fans out for a winning product.
Broncos will need to add some size and grit at the trade deadline in order to have a playoff run. Overall the team is headed in the right direction but will need to correct some areas to move ahead like they want

Toswammi
12-15-2013, 10:15 PM
The season in general has been pretty decent to this point.
The good points-
Gawdin and debrusk have really impressed this year.
Honka has been a pleasant surprise with how offensively gifted he is
Bow has been making a strong case to be a starter already
Lernout and merkley have both come along very nicely this year
In general the talent level is up from where it's been over the last couple of years
Better skating team with lots of young depth

Bad points
Where has the hitting gone? We have zero forecheck and have forgotten hockey is a contact sport.
No legitimate toughness. Bunch of lightweights but no heavy hand to keep others in check.
Martin has been terrible in his own end and his offensive side has not been enough for this to be overlooked
Cave has been extremely inconsistent over the last month. Had a great role model last year.
Sanvido needs to get back to what was successful for him at the start of the year
Heatherington could maybe realize he's a big guy and start to hit someone
Forecheck!
The broncos have played some badly beat up teams and have not been closing out games. This must change in order to stay ahead in the weak east division. Regina is coming on strong in a division where the rest of the teams are pretty weak.
Shawn Mullins coverage of the team. I know your going to have to view the team with a bias in that job but common. And can we ever know what's wrong with players?
Poor attendance. No idea why we can't get fans out for a winning product.
Broncos will need to add some size and grit at the trade deadline in order to have a playoff run. Overall the team is headed in the right direction but will need to correct some areas to move ahead like they want

Hmmm

Having a "heavyweight" is overrated these days. Disagree there.

Martin has been fine. The offense is still there, just not the shot. Amazing first pass though.

Cave has been exactly as advertised imo, it's what I expected

Sanvido has a great shot, just needs to create ot more.

Heather plays 28minutes a night, and has been more physical then any point.

Not impressed with Smook yet, number six d for me with Harris included.

I agree with your pros. All great points.

I think the absence of Gordon and even Harris are huge. Lamb needs to hunt for a scoring forward, I would even have next years first on the table so long as it builds the 14-15 team. I think some solid pieces to be great are in place for next season.

Harvest
12-16-2013, 12:58 AM
I mean a heavyweight that can play. I don't know what your heather comment is but if your saying he's been physical I haven't seen it besides the dieno hit. Martins young so he has forgiveness on his side. Ya love to see one more legit forward and then have a rookie line with leth gawdin debrusk

JMoney1988
12-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Well considering where our team is in the standings and our arena is pretty out of the city, we have been averaging close to 4000 per game, I noticed you guys only average 1900? Is your ticket prices to high or do fans not want to come out and if so, where is your building located?

Toswammi
12-16-2013, 10:40 PM
Well considering where our team is in the standings and our arena is pretty out of the city, we have been averaging close to 4000 per game, I noticed you guys only average 1900? Is your ticket prices to high or do fans not want to come out and if so, where is your building located?

Its Swift Current, locals are 10 minutes from the arena at worst.

Toswammi
12-16-2013, 10:41 PM
I mean a heavyweight that can play. I don't know what your heather comment is but if your saying he's been physical I haven't seen it besides the dieno hit. Martins young so he has forgiveness on his side. Ya love to see one more legit forward and then have a rookie line with leth gawdin debrusk

Perhaps differing opinion on playing physical

patsdude114
12-19-2013, 11:56 PM

ive always wondered why not have tickets abit cheaper to put more butts in seats which will increase the chance of the concession rake plus the whole idea that the rink looks fuller which would hopefully mean a louder building (except in regina we sit on our hands)

attendance doesn't usually pick up until after xmas which makes sense as playoff races heat up and the young kids get better as the season wears on so the overall hockey should improve to watch. Also the terrible scheduling this year hasn't helped 1 bit, im not sure how it is for you bronco fans but I know the pats vs warriors don't even have a home and home this year, 1st time I have ever seen that since ive started going to games when I was 6...this whole new computer generated schedule has really lacked with having prime interest of teams in on nights when attendance should be good... Example Friday Night be a better draw between Pats vs Broncos then the Raiders would be, hell Friday Night used to be MJ now we get MJ on a stupid Wednesday night.

The promoting of games has went down a lot this year imo there is just nothing to get excited about as a fan to go to the games lately. Yes the Pats for example are playing there most entertaining hockey since Derkatch was our coach but without good game promoting no 1 shows up