PDA

View Full Version : cold reality

wango tango
12-15-2013, 10:20 PM
13 points out of a playoff spot. they'd have to win 7 more games than the 8th place team to make it. they almost have to win every game of the second half. time to think realistically.

who has value saskatoon can trade to get some picks or players not for this season, but a year or two down the road?

#1 burns. i'll be surprised if someone from the western conference doesn't try and get him by the deadline.

#2. valcourt. big. strong. leader. experience. again wouldn't be shocked if a western conference team isn't calling.

#3. scherbak. not going to happen.

#4. revel. might get dealt, if it's to a bc division team.

#5. nogier. not going to happen.

#6. craig. don't know how much demand there is for a 20 year old dman.

that's really it for guys who other teams might want. the older guys have been playing so much, the younger players don't have confidence, or experience. and after the top line of scherbak-burns-valcourt there is no scoring. if you thought the team has been struggling lately, wait till burns and valcourt get traded.

so what realistically do burns and valcourt bring in return? maybe a second round pick?

going to be some very lean and tough times ahead the rest of this season, and probably for the next two seasons to follow. hopefully there are some quality scoring prospects who can help speed up the rebuild in the system.

patsdude114
12-16-2013, 04:09 PM
I could see Burns getting dealt as he would be an upgrade over a lot of 20yr olds in the league but Valcourt not so much he is just another avg 20yr and they come a dime a dozen in the league now a days. Yes he is big and strong and what not but unless a team gets a serious injury to a 20yr old I doubt he gets moved

wango tango
12-16-2013, 10:28 PM
valcourt is top 25 in whl scoring, more than a point a game player. has a positive +/-, on a team that has a dreadful goals against. a leader on and off the ice. big, strong. isn't afraid to mix it up, if asked. goes to the hard areas in front of the net and in the corners. and has over 30 playoff games experience both in saskatoon and spokane. all of that makes him more than, "just another avg 20yr."

i'm guessing there'll be a us division team who'd be happy to add valcourt before the trade deadline. molleken has also shown he's not afraid to trade within the division if it means getting what he thinks is a better deal.

burns is definitely the more valuable of the two, and one of the best 20 year old players in the whl this year. what team in the western conference has 20 year old forwards whose play could be improved upon? kelowna? portland i think is out now after trading for dumba. they don't have any picks left to trade. everett? would burns be an upgrade on hayer? victoria is burns an upgrade over nelson or walker? seattle has an open 20 spot, so the blades wouldn't have to take a 20 back.

JMoney1988
12-17-2013, 05:52 PM
I was looking at the blades schedule going into the second, does it ever look brutal:
3 games in 4 nights- Jan 1st, 3rd and 4th
4 games in 5 nights- Jan 7th, 8th, 10th and 11th

4 games in 5 nights- Feb 4th, 5th, 7th and 8th

4 games in 5 nights- Mar 11th, 12th, 14th and 15th

Not making any excuses, but that is a brutal for a young team.......

Trav
12-17-2013, 06:15 PM
I was looking at the blades schedule going into the second, does it ever look brutal:
3 games in 4 nights- Jan 1st, 3rd and 4th
4 games in 5 nights- Jan 7th, 8th, 10th and 11th

4 games in 5 nights- Feb 4th, 5th, 7th and 8th

4 games in 5 nights- Mar 11th, 12th, 14th and 15th

Not making any excuses, but that is a brutal for a young team.......

Retarded...I know the Blades aren't the only team that has to go through that, no team should have to though. I think the league is trying to cut travel costs and is definitely going over board.