PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs Canes

patsdude114
01-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Well looks like tonight from warm-ups that Schiender is getting the start which isn't much of a surprise really but with that said boy would it be nice to get MacAuley going some how, unless we just know that isn't going to happen. (Which I think is the case)

D'Amico back in the lineup again which I'm thinking is not a bad thing at all based on his 1st 2 games back with the team. Maybe someone can answer this for me but is Wagner at the U17's as I don't think he has played since the xmas break & not sure why if he is with the team still, I know myself I love how the kid plays, big kid likes to hit & from what can see has some skill.

I heard around the rink earlier that Klimchuk isn't that close to returning after all, not sure the truth to it but heard this morning Klimchuk could hardly move due to his hip. Now this could just be some idiot who think's he knows a lot & likes to make it look like he has inside info or what not. So take this comment with a grain of salt, it may be true but it may be 100% false too.

dsquared
01-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Well Lethbridge is supposed to be the worst team in the dub. But you have to wonder after the last 2 games if Regina isn't the worst........

Bighat
01-01-2014, 05:27 PM
Worst home game of the year I'm totally peeved off, I wasted a day going to watch that garbage. No energy no effort total disinterest by the whole team. Schneider played amazing and not his fault on any of the 3 goals he gave up. Macaulay has to go and dyson Stevenson can be traded at this point of the season aswell. We need to make some moves just to get some energy back in that locker room.

patsdude114
01-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Scheinder is by far the better goaltender between the 2 we got on our roster, MacAuley as far as im concerned can be shown the door and put on the 1st bus back to Yorkton. That 5th goal that went in how on god's earth does a shot from along the wall on the rush unscreened find its way thru him???

If the Pats are gonna struggle the rest of the year id rather see us struggle with a 16yr old goalie playing the rest of the season then this plug of MacAuley.

Lang better make a trade either this evening or tomorrow at some point to wake this team up. We are not as bad of a team as we have played since the xmas break, we come out in the 3rd and basicly dominated them (dominated from about the 8mins left of 2nd til end of 3rd) we can play when we want to but there is something wrong with the flat starts lately that we cant dig ourselves out of.

RWAH
01-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Looks like the older guys are playing are making it easy for Chad Lang and want to be traded. Had some hockey personnel from Edmonton Oil Kings and Seattle sitting in the section were my seats are. Chad should sell early: if they continue to play like that their value decreases to were we can't get a bag of practise pucks. (JK) We do have to be sellers.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-01-2014, 06:03 PM
hahahahhahaahhahaa only the pats

RWAH
01-01-2014, 08:36 PM
as it is going: We get first draft pick

patsdude114
01-01-2014, 09:00 PM
as it is going: We get first draft pick

not a chance will that happen... we would basicly have to lose every game the rest of the way to have teams gain on us each and every game there are some real crap arse teams with 21pts 24pts & 25pts they would have to basicly play .500 hockey while we lost every game

chopper
01-01-2014, 10:24 PM
Hope Everyone had a Safe and Happy New Year!

__________________________________________________ _______________

I am stunned by the lack of interest and character some of our players are showing. Goaltending wise Schneider has got to be the guy. The MacAuley experiment has failed. Outside of Burroughs and Zagraggen I could care less if they move them all our d-men. Williams was back to his regular self -3 and is now -18. Yeah!
Gay, Hunt and Christopher are OK. After that package up 10 of them if you want. Leier -3, Stevenson -2 and these are our leading 20 year olds.

We have proven when we knuckle down we can play well, but 20 or 30 minutes a game won't cut it. We are a mediocre team playing .250 hockey since the break. There is something wrong or going on! Big crowd and people leaving mid point of the game. Better things to do. I certainly don't need any more convincing about where this club is realistically headed. Lang had better get his butt in gear since time is a wasting.

Swift Current just picked up Burns for a young player (Sloboshan at the U17's) and a couple picks 2nd and 3rd round. P.A. picked up Valcourt so the power guys are being snapped up. Move Stevenson while he still has some value. Stephenson and Leier should be dangled as well. Saw a rumor on a blog...Klimchuk to the Hitmen? Really who knows since he may stick with the Flames next year.

I've taken a playoff credit before and I am prepared to do it again. Move the assets for picks and young talents who will at least try, stack up draft picks, play Schneider, and hope for the best. Hand is gone and that further weakens our defence. Klimchuk is still hurt and some vets are playing like they would rather be somewhere else.

patsdude114
01-01-2014, 10:41 PM
Klimchuk's skating isn't good enough for the NHL he will be back in the WHL next season no questions asked. Its not like Klimchuk even comes close to dominating games in the WHL he is a project but a project that will make the show after some seasoning in the AHL.

With MH losing Shinkaruk for the season they may take interest in Stephenson to add that game breaking forward back into there lineup. A guy like Penner or Owre coming in exchange for Stephenson would be a nice return and if they could get Jensen as well somehow in the deal would be a great deal for the Pats.

The last 2 games Burroughs has been terrible, imo Burroughs was much worse then Williams since the break. I'm starting to wonder if maybe Dixon is the calming approachable guy in the locker room over Cameron and McGuigan, as there both real old school guys of lots of yelling & emotion. Without Dixon on the bench we have been just terrible...just alittle food for thought there

All I know is these past few games have been very hard to watch as a fan, & something needs to be done to shake things up and try to get this ship headed in the right direction again. We need assets and judging from the recent deals looks like roster prospects have been in play & that's exactly what the Pats need. Send MacAuley back to Jr. A and call up Fuhr for the rest of the year. Scheinder may not be able to carry the load for the rest of the year as a 16yr old but at least when he is between the pipes he battles and makes some great saves at key moments....exactly what you need from a goaltender. That breakaway save he made with the glove while sprawling was a great save along with that flying paddle save in the 2nd to give the bench some life.

chopper
01-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Klimchuk's skating isn't good enough for the NHL he will be back in the WHL next season no questions asked. Its not like Klimchuk even comes close to dominating games in the WHL he is a project but a project that will make the show after some seasoning in the AHL.

With MH losing Shinkaruk for the season they may take interest in Stephenson to add that game breaking forward back into there lineup. A guy like Penner or Owre coming in exchange for Stephenson would be a nice return and if they could get Jensen as well somehow in the deal would be a great deal for the Pats.

The last 2 games Burroughs has been terrible, imo Burroughs was much worse then Williams since the break. I'm starting to wonder if maybe Dixon is the calming approachable guy in the locker room over Cameron and McGuigan, as there both real old school guys of lots of yelling & emotion. Without Dixon on the bench we have been just terrible...just alittle food for thought there

All I know is these past few games have been very hard to watch as a fan, & something needs to be done to shake things up and try to get this ship headed in the right direction again. We need assets and judging from the recent deals looks like roster prospects have been in play & that's exactly what the Pats need. Send MacAuley back to Jr. A and call up Fuhr for the rest of the year. Scheinder may not be able to carry the load for the rest of the year as a 16yr old but at least when he is between the pipes he battles and makes some great saves at key moments....exactly what you need from a goaltender. That breakaway save he made with the glove while sprawling was a great save along with that flying paddle save in the 2nd to give the bench some life.

I agree we can't throw Schneider to the wolves. That glove save on the breakaway is the stuff scouts eat up. We can find a veteran guy to help him along. Maybe Fuhr, maybe Tremblay (we had him and he's going to the Oilers development camp), or someone else. We can make it work.

I would have no issues with Stephenson going to the Hat for a good roster player and a pick. Stevenson should bring what Valcourt or Burns brought. Leier about the same. We need 96 and 97's no doubt. We also need picks both to recoup what we've lost and to try and get a few more high end picks. I completely agree with you on Klimchuk's chances of sticking in the bigs, but the Flames may be intervening to some degree. As far fetched as it seems that rumour could have some traction. Never say never.

I agree Dixon is a little calmer but we also took some big lickings with him on the bench this season. Also after stomping Brandon 8-4 there wasn't too much wrong with what the coaches were doing that game. I think your like me scratching your head for an answer. The kids have been saying how much more they like Cameron's approach as opposed to Conacher's. I think that Dixon and his chaulkboard running the offence and PP, has more time to break down the nuances of the game for each line. I really like Cameron personally but your point about Dixon has merit.

Based on what we have seen and what has been discussed, we are likely at best a one round and out team. Losing Tye Hand puts additional strain on an already weak defence. I guess enough has been said about our starting goaltending. Really only 1&1/2 good forward lines, average to below average speed, and plagued with inconsistency. If we can agree for the most part on that, we have to be sellers. I loathe to think that Brandon and Saskatoon are going to rebuild before we will. They always sell assets for roster players and picks and usually rebuild very well and fairly quickly. Failing to take advantage of assets like the recent past has shown us, will put us further behind than we needed to be.

Bighat
01-02-2014, 10:27 AM
I have to disagree about klimchucks skating, as 2 scouts said to me I don't know why they talk about Morgans skating he is diseptively fast. He won't play for calgary next year not because of his skating but because calgary won't dress 5 teenagers (Edmonton) mess. We need to sell.

chopper
01-02-2014, 11:48 AM
I have to disagree about klimchucks skating, as 2 scouts said to me I don't know why they talk about Morgans skating he is diseptively fast. He won't play for calgary next year not because of his skating but because calgary won't dress 5 teenagers (Edmonton) mess. We need to sell.

I think Klimchuk needs to have another off the chart season in Jr. He started hurt and at times hasn't really looked himself. Now he has to come back from another injury. Even with skating work he needs to get bigger and have another big year in Jr. I hope it's here but who knows for sure. Stranger things have happened.

We've all witnessed our starting net minding and the porous defence. Heck we have more goals against than Moose Jaw. Our forward group has deficiencies. In my mind we move Stephenson and Stevenson. Stephenson is a bright light and will draw a lot of what we need. Stevenson will bring a big return if it's done soon. I still believe with Leier, Klimchuk and perhaps Hunt could be our first line. With what we get back from trades we could possibly put a decent second line together. If we were to re-purpose a couple good d-men we still might have a shot the playoffs. Realistically that's all we have now.

RWAH
01-02-2014, 11:49 AM
PD 114 I missed an LOL after my post about getting the first pick sorry I know we can't to # 1 but we will be in the lottery and could get to # 2 or 3.

chopper
01-02-2014, 04:17 PM
It is sometimes interesting to look at how teams manage assets:

Saskatoon wanted Burns so they gave Vancouver a 1st rnd pick in 2014. Vancouver got Benson last draft and they are in the mix for 1st overall again. If Saskatoon's ball pops up they get #1 pick again, in addition to their own. Portland did that a couple years in a row and was the catalyst to what they have now.

Saskatoon wanted Valcourt from Spokane so they gave up a 1st rnd pick in 2015. Spokane figures to get a high pick in 2015 in addition to their own. They traded Valcourt and still ended up top four in the conference and played .625 hockey.

Brandon having two first round picks last draft allowed them to trade up for Clague (horrible trade for Lethbridge). Having that asset propelled Brandon to a phenomenal draft.

Guys like Bonner, Speltz and McCrimmon don't make many mistakes. They take advantage of most people they trade with.

sbtatter
01-02-2014, 05:35 PM
It is sometimes interesting to look at how teams manage assets:

Saskatoon wanted Burns so they gave Vancouver a 1st rnd pick in 2014. Vancouver got Benson last draft and they are in the mix for 1st overall again. If Saskatoon's ball pops up they get #1 pick again, in addition to their own. Portland did that a couple years in a row and was the catalyst to what they have now.

Saskatoon wanted Valcourt from Spokane so they gave up a 1st rnd pick in 2015. Spokane figures to get a high pick in 2015 in addition to their own. They traded Valcourt and still ended up top four in the conference and played .625 hockey.

Brandon having two first round picks last draft allowed them to trade up for Clague (horrible trade for Lethbridge). Having that asset propelled Brandon to a phenomenal draft.

Guys like Bonner, Speltz and McCrimmon don't make many mistakes. They take advantage of most people they trade with.

Brandon have right to trade 1st round picks with the Blades this year, so if the Blades win the lottery, Bdn takes it, gives Stoon their (likely) mid round pick which Stoon then send to vancouver. This is the last piece of the Walker trade

RWAH
01-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Just for laughs for the Lethbridge/Brandon trade had a WHL scout say the WHL should have a rule that any GM must have two years experience before they can trade with KM. Give the rookies a chance to keep their team assets