PDA

View Full Version : Burns traded

BigCat20
01-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Burns to swift, not sure who comes back!

Trav
01-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Burns isn't in the Blades lineup today so your probably right bout him being traded but I would be surprised if it's to the Broncos just cuz they got three good 20'sunless one of them is getting moved. My feeling is, it's to a western team.

BigCat20
01-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Heard sandivo(sp) & another guy

Trav
01-01-2014, 02:29 PM
Sanvido isn't in the lineup either for the Broncos and he to was mentrioned as being in the lineup prior to the game. Interesting to see the details of the trade.

BigCat20
01-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Wonder if something else is in the works with the broncos. See Lorne talking a lot in upper level with the broncos asst gm! Maybe 2nd player not yet decided???

Trav
01-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Done deal...

http://saskatoonblades.com/article/blades-swing-deal-with-broncos

Blades receive Connor Sanvido, 16 yr old forward Wyatt Sloboshan, Broncos 2nd round bantam pick in 2014 and a conditional 3rd round pick in 2015 for Burns and a 7th round pick in 2014.

Very nice return for the Blades. Sloboshan looks like a pretty legit prospect, playing for team west at the U17's rite now. It's possible that he might go the college route and thats why the 3rd round conditional pick was attached. He's a local boy though so hopefully play at home will attract him.

patsdude114
01-01-2014, 05:55 PM
that's a very good return on Burns forsure the Blades have done good with there trades so far

wango tango
01-01-2014, 09:39 PM
a good point was made elsewhere the blades had to trade first round picks, what are going to turn out to be very high first round picks, for players like valcourt, burns, walker, etc. and when now dealing away these same players are getting good return for them as 20's in what will now be, at best, lower 2nd round selections.

blades scouting/drafting has produced pretty decent defensive and goaltending prospects over mollekens term as gm. the failing has been to draft and develop top level offensive talent at forward.

hopefully some of these picks and prospects can overachieve and help to speed up the rebuilding process. if not it is going to be a long and maybe painful time in the darkness. a time i can see ownership not being happy with, after spending big $$$ to get the team.

very important time. i hope new ownership has the patience to do the right thing. not push the panic button and potentially make the rebuilding process even more difficult.

Trav
01-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Molleken probably knows he can't make any more mistakes or else he'll be gone.

I think the ownership group will be patient though I don't think they'll wait 4-5 years to go back to a 1st-3rd place team in the division.

sbtatter
01-02-2014, 07:57 AM
Molleken probably knows he can't make any more mistakes or else he'll be gone.

I think the ownership group will be patient though I don't think they'll wait 4-5 years to go back to a 1st-3rd place team in the division.

They have no choice but to wait though hey? The players drafted in 2nd round this year can play as 16 year olds in 15/16, start being impact player at 18 in 17/18. So they will need to be patient until at least 17/18, likely 18/19 when they start having the initial 1st round draft picks as 18 year olds.

Trav
01-02-2014, 08:23 AM
Well remember the 7 win season? The following season they did pretty good. If the current young players improve next year they should b a better team. I don't think it's going to take five years to get back to being a top three team in the division.

sbtatter
01-02-2014, 10:32 AM
Well remember the 7 win season? The following season they did pretty good. If the current young players improve next year they should b a better team. I don't think it's going to take five years to get back to being a top three team in the division.

Yeah, I mis-read your post sorry. I was thinking top 3 conference, not top 3 division, my bad. Maybe 2 to 3 years to be top 3 division.

wango tango
01-02-2014, 02:47 PM
is molleken done now? another deal or two to come before the deadline?

what's possibly left to deal? revel? stovin? somebody else?

anyone with a wild guess?

nothing that would get the team back a 1st round pick, is there? because i don't see them trading scherbak. and really he is the only player who'd maybe get a 1st back.

sbtatter
01-02-2014, 03:40 PM
is molleken done now? another deal or two to come before the deadline?

what's possibly left to deal? revel? stovin? somebody else?

anyone with a wild guess?

nothing that would get the team back a 1st round pick, is there? because i don't see them trading scherbak. and really he is the only player who'd maybe get a 1st back.

I heard you can't trade 1st year Euro's, wonder if that's true? Revel, wouldn't you build around him rather than sell him?

wango tango
01-02-2014, 04:11 PM
I heard you can't trade 1st year Euro's, wonder if that's true? Revel, wouldn't you build around him rather than sell him?

i know you cannot trade picks in the euro draft. don't know about 1st year euro players though.

and yes revels speed and skill is something to build around. i'm only thinking of players remaining in the lineup who might be valuable to another team. maybe a western conference team would like revel. pure speculation only.

SectionNDeserter
01-02-2014, 04:29 PM
You can no longer trade import picks, or the player selected with the pick in his first season with the team.

franchise
01-02-2014, 04:35 PM
has potential. And I think that might be all he has. Just doesn't support as a center should. He makes the odd play that shows talent but the wrong talent. He is a winger. He plays the game standing still way too much to ever have an impact at center. If you are 6'3" fine; but he is far from that. This team needs a center with some size to build around, not a winger masquerading as a center with no size.

Trav
01-02-2014, 05:41 PM
I think there's going to be a couple more deals made, Molleken doesn't appear to be done.

I've been a bit disappointed with Revel, thought he'd be contributing more just cuz everyone has been high on the kid since he was 15. Now maybe the pressure has gotten to him I dunno but if a team makes a good offer, I'd consider it if I'm Molleken.

Stovin could be gone, I think he could draw a prospect or a decent pick. Clayton probably not much interest there. I mention those two cuz their 19.

wango tango
01-03-2014, 02:50 PM
You can no longer trade import picks, or the player selected with the pick in his first season with the team.

thanks sectionn i knew you couldn't trade the picks, wasn't sure about the player after selected though.

SectionNDeserter
01-03-2014, 08:27 PM
thanks sectionn i knew you couldn't trade the picks, wasn't sure about the player after selected though.It really messed up Everett this season, because they managed to snag two very good imports in the draft, and then Mueller was returned, and they had either the option of releasing one of the fantastic imports they drafted, or trading their star defenseman.