PDA

View Full Version : Trade deadline talk

patsdude114
01-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Well from reading on here & even on roddy's & phil's blog the fans (even though prob all us same people on here as there blogs) are that the fans want us to be sellers now after a terrible start to the 2nd 1/2 of the year... so with that said lets get the ball rolling here....

With Portland releasing 20yr old Shane McColgan today does that open the door to get the Leier cousins on the same team for a championship run? So Boston Leier to PORT for??? I think all they lost was just there 1st rd picks from the league busting their arses last season but we wouldn't get a 1st rd pick back in return anyways, but a 2nd and a roster prospect player maybe? Guys that are of some interest to me anyways are Ethan Price, Keegan Iverson, Dominic Turgeon, Keoni Texeira & Colton Veloso (who is on a callup during the WJs and is from wpg) In general though the Hawks had some very weak 20yr olds this season they still got ex-Pat Adam Rossignol (8 big pts in 25gp) Haar is pretty solid though.

Another option for the Pats could be Dyson Stevenson to Seattle as they have a 20yr old spot open as well. Maybe a guy like Ryan Gropp (who I mentioned before) & instead of a pick a '98 kid from Saskatoon in Kaden Elder... although im not really sure how serious SEA is about buying as they don't really have a legit #1 goalie there to make a run against teams like Port/Kel/Vic/Evt but with that said don't watch Seattle enough to truly know how good this Danny Mumaugh really is he played a very good game against the Pats when we were though.

As to where Stephenson could end up that is a tough 1 to say right now, maybe Victoria would be looking to add an impact 19yr old. Its the last year euo goalies are allowed in the league & there goalie Patrik Polivka is having a very strong season with a .921SV% 2.43GAA 5SO they could feel its there year to make a serious run & may think they are only a player away from doing that.

For some reason I have this feeling that Braden Christoffer will be dealt, he would be a great depth player for a contending team. He brings energy, physical play, will drop the mits & has a scoring touch. Just think a team may be interested in him, his return wouldn't be that great for us but could maybe land a 18yr old for him.

These are just my thoughts I have no idea who teams may be willing to trade to possibly land guys like Leier, Stevenson, Stephenson... the players listed above are just guys I would like to see come our way is all.....realisticly none of them may not even be moved as they are building blocks for their current team

Bighat
01-02-2014, 04:39 PM
Not the last year euros can play they just can't be drafted anymore, so when there gone there gone.

patsdude114
01-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Not the last year euros can play they just can't be drafted anymore, so when there gone there gone.

I could be wrong but I was pretty sure I read that it was the last year no matter what euro goalies can play in the CHL

chopper
01-02-2014, 06:01 PM
PD114 - those are some real good observations. Gropp would be a nice acquisition if they would do it. Ethan Bear, Wardley and Douglas are possibles perhaps. McKecknie and Yakubowski have a combined 9 points since they arrived, and I've read on some threads Seattle may be less than happy.

Portland has some talent to spare but few draft picks. Interestingly the picked Carter Cziakowski in the 6th round and Skyler McKenzie in the 8th round. Both players made the Alberta gold medal U16 team, Cziakowski is considered good stuff.

Edmonton just added Orban out of Vancouver for a 2nd round. With Calgary ahead of them and adding Winther, they still might be looking for more. A name like Brett Pollock would be nice.

Kootenay just added King a d-man but are reported to be looking for more scoring. Bozon has been well...meh! Little to give back but maybe Jared Legion and a draft pick may be in play.

Like you stated Medicine Hat needs some offensive help and they have some attractive assets.

Both Swift Current and P.A. could still be in play for the likes of Stephenson, and both have their 1st round picks available.

Spokane and Kelowna rarely deal. Victoria and Everett might.

The Orban trade is interesting in that Vancouver feels with their system play and lineup they will easily hold on to a playoff spot without Orban. Kamloops and PG aren't likely to make a push.

I agree Christopher could be trade bait. He is feisty and has 20 points or so. He would also be a 20 year old next season. Is he impact enough to take one of the spots? Perhaps he could be wrapped into a deal for Erkamps. With the arrival of Mortlach and Harrison perhaps Mumby could be in play for a bigger more experienced d-man.

As has been discussed, there might not be any movement due to the building blocks. I for one don't see a lot of blocks that really excite me. Few drafted and evidently no one on CS's radar. If we hold and fail to make the top 8 the screams will be loud and long. If we make a spot and bow out in 5 games like last time there will still be disgruntled fans saying we let another opportunity slip away.

Lang is usually ahead of the curve in deals. With this lag it suggests maybe he doesn't want to deal out, or perhaps he can't. Lets not forget ownership still calls the shots and may be be happy with two playoff gates, providing attendance reaches expectation. It's the walk-ups that put you over the top.

chopper
01-02-2014, 06:46 PM
PD114 - those are some real good observations. Gropp would be a nice acquisition if they would do it. Ethan Bear, Wardley and Douglas are possibles perhaps. McKecknie and Yakubowski have a combined 9 points since they arrived, and I've read on some threads Seattle may be less than happy.

Portland has some talent to spare but few draft picks. Interestingly the picked Carter Cziakowski in the 6th round and Skyler McKenzie in the 8th round. Both players made the Alberta gold medal U16 team, Cziakowski is considered good stuff.

Edmonton just added Orban out of Vancouver for a 2nd round. With Calgary ahead of them and adding Winther, they still might be looking for more. A name like Brett Pollock would be nice.

Kootenay just added King a d-man but are reported to be looking for more scoring. Bozon has been well...meh! Little to give back but maybe Jared Legion and a draft pick may be in play.

Like you stated Medicine Hat needs some offensive help and they have some attractive assets.

Both Swift Current and P.A. could still be in play for the likes of Stephenson, and both have their 1st round picks available.

Spokane and Kelowna rarely deal. Victoria and Everett might.

The Orban trade is interesting in that Vancouver feels with their system play and lineup they will easily hold on to a playoff spot without Orban. Kamloops and PG aren't likely to make a push.

I agree Christopher could be trade bait. He is feisty and has 20 points or so. He would also be a 20 year old next season. Is he impact enough to take one of the spots? Perhaps he could be wrapped into a deal for Erkamps. With the arrival of Mortlach and Harrison perhaps Mumby could be in play for a bigger more experienced d-man.

As has been discussed, there might not be any movement due to the building blocks. I for one don't see a lot of blocks that really excite me. Few drafted and evidently no one on CS's radar. If we hold and fail to make the top 8 the screams will be loud and long. If we make a spot and bow out in 5 games like last time there will still be disgruntled fans saying we let another opportunity slip away.

Lang is usually ahead of the curve in deals. With this lag it suggests maybe he doesn't want to deal out, or perhaps he can't. Lets not forget ownership still calls the shots and may be be happy with two playoff gates, providing attendance reaches expectation. It's the walk-ups that put you over the top.

PD114, I misread your last line. The incoming players if that were the case are indeed all building blocks for their respective teams. Because of Portland's predicament they have no picks to spare. A guy like Leier who may be a 45-50 goal man won't come cheap. Probably two roster players at the least.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-02-2014, 08:53 PM
or we get a goalie that can stop a volleyball instead of pawning off anyone with value like we actually are friggin lethbridge.

You guys should tape up your ankles because this team has potential. Its just a bad stretch, and quite frankly even if the goaltending improves a bit, it is still the team's weakness.

chopper
01-02-2014, 10:00 PM
or we get a goalie that can stop a volleyball instead of pawning off anyone with value like we actually are friggin lethbridge.

You guys should tape up your ankles because this team has potential. Its just a bad stretch, and quite frankly even if the goaltending improves a bit, it is still the team's weakness.

When it comes to the Pats over the past decades, if I had a buck for every time I've heard the word potential I'd be a bloody millionaire. That word makes me sick. I seen it over the late 80's, all of the 90, 2000's, 2010, onto where we are today. I seen numerous GM's and coaches use that word and it all adds up to a steamy pile of BS plain and simple! What it hasn't translated to is a conference or league championship, not even close. The thing about the word potential is potential to do "what?". There are some out there who are totally satisfied with this perpetual flirtation with .500. I am not one of those. I've supported them for decades waiting for them to return to excellence, but it gets harder every year.

Right now we're a .500 team with a bunch of holes. We're not deep enough to win much. It's time fix the holes and assemble the kind and numbers of "talent" we're going to need to become championship calibre. That means sell and move on.

sbtatter
01-02-2014, 10:54 PM
What is Steel's latest injury he suffered at the Mac? If it makes you feel any better, Nolan Patrick is also out with another shoulder injury....

patsdude114
01-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Normally SAJ I agree with like 99% of your comments but have to disagree with the last comment. Yes the team may have potential but even getting a goalie wouldn't translate in even a 2nd place finish in our division we would still be a 7th or 8th place finish maybe & a big maybe a 6th place finish.

We won't get Stephenson back next year as I'd say there is a 85% chance he goes to the AHL that isn't a good enough chance for us to keep him around for a chance at a stud of a 20yr old. So keep him for what a couple home playoff games & lose him to the pro's & get nothing for him to help us in the future. Like chopper I have seen this movie before infact I own a few copies of it & don't want anymore.

We still maay make the playoffs even with a sell off & get the same amount of games in playoffs so where is the advantage here? I just don't see it & yes that is my opinion which I'm entilted too just like you are as well :)

I have this feeling after tomorrow night when Klimchuk is expected back that things will go good & the fans will make an 180 degree turn on the direction we neeed to take but I'm not going to change my opinion.

chopper
01-02-2014, 11:23 PM
What is Steel's latest injury he suffered at the Mac? If it makes you feel any better, Nolan Patrick is also out with another shoulder injury....

Nobody wants to see any kid hurt and all we can hope is that they both fully recover soon.

If memory serves me right Steel had a shoulder issue before and got back just before the Mac's. I don't know what his current issue is but unless these shoulder issues are dealt with they can linger. Steel needs to spend a lot of time in the weight room building up his upper body and putting on 10 lbs.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-02-2014, 11:34 PM
When it comes to the Pats over the past decades, if I had a buck for every time I've heard the word potential I'd be a bloody millionaire. That word makes me sick. I seen it over the late 80's, all of the 90, 2000's, 2010, onto where we are today. I seen numerous GM's and coaches use that word and it all adds up to a steamy pile of BS plain and simple! What it hasn't translated to is a conference or league championship, not even close. The thing about the word potential is potential to do "what?". There are some out there who are totally satisfied with this perpetual flirtation with .500. I am not one of those. I've supported them for decades waiting for them to return to excellence, but it gets harder every year.

Right now we're a .500 team with a bunch of holes. We're not deep enough to win much. It's time fix the holes and assemble the kind and numbers of "talent" we're going to need to become championship calibre. That means sell and move on.

Most of those holes are in the crease, if you ask me. A small improvement in net could benefit present and future.

Im not expecting a memorial cup appearance or anything, and yeah this team isn't that special but I think its important to get some playoff experience. We have a lot of home games remaining in a weak conference, its still world juniors, and we are getting injured players back. Recent troubles notwithstanding, I think there is p*******(censored for your benefit) to climb a bit and maybe get a favorable matchup.

I mean, how do we expect to achieve this culture of success if all we do is pull a prince George every deadline and mail it in? We have to try. Experience is just as important as stockpiling youth, and you cant have success without both.

Although I think Lang is leaning towards moreso selling, an open mind at the deadline is all I ask. Let the offers and market help dictate what our next course of action shall be.

chopper
01-03-2014, 12:31 AM
Normally SAJ I agree with like 99% of your comments but have to disagree with the last comment. Yes the team may have potential but even getting a goalie wouldn't translate in even a 2nd place finish in our division we would still be a 7th or 8th place finish maybe & a big maybe a 6th place finish.

We won't get Stephenson back next year as I'd say there is a 85% chance he goes to the AHL that isn't a good enough chance for us to keep him around for a chance at a stud of a 20yr old. So keep him for what a couple home playoff games & lose him to the pro's & get nothing for him to help us in the future. Like chopper I have seen this movie before infact I own a few copies of it & don't want anymore.

We still maay make the playoffs even with a sell off & get the same amount of games in playoffs so where is the advantage here? I just don't see it & yes that is my opinion which I'm entilted too just like you are as well :)

I have this feeling after tomorrow night when Klimchuk is expected back that things will go good & the fans will make an 180 degree turn on the direction we neeed to take but I'm not going to change my opinion.

Here is quote from the Dec 27th LP by Chad Lang:

“I just think whether we move assets or acquire additional assets, the priority is still to make the playoffs. I think we can do a combination. We probably could move an asset and gain some compensation that helps us for us next year and still have the ability with this group to make the playoffs.”

PD114 this is pretty much what you have been saying and I agree with that take.

We haven't been sellers for some time. The last valuable asset we moved was probably Harding. We typically buy when we should sell, and we all know what I'm talking about. Buying Marincin from PG was a waste of a 1st round pick. He wasn't special in the regular season and disappeared in the playoffs. No if anything we are too frequently buyers as opposed to sellers. We do not in any way resemble how PG operates. Maybe we should have.

Occasional playoff rounds are vastly overrated. In 07-08 we made the playoffs but missed the next four years. How did that help our young players? We made one round in 11-12 for 5 games and what did that do for our young players? Missed the playoffs the following year. It's a myth is all. When you've finally gone deep into the playoffs and your organization is on the upswing players know what it takes and it becomes helpful.

Can anyone tell me who we favourably match up against other than MJ or Saskatoon? Most of our points have come from teams below us in the first half. In the 2nd half we face tougher opposition albeit at home BUT we've kinda sucked at home. We have played poorly against the teams we need to beat so one needn't worry about match ups.

Tomorrows game means nothing since we have Brandon, Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, PA, Kootenay right after that. A win tomorrow means nothing and should have no bearing on what needs to be done. Saskatoon just beat Swift Current so this one isn't a gimmes either. I posted Lethbridge was playing well and would be tough. I am one of the few who believed it. It shouldn't alter what good management of assets needs to be.

patsdude114
01-03-2014, 08:50 AM
We made one round in 11-12 for 5 games and what did that do for our young players? Missed the playoffs the following year. It's a myth is all. When you've finally gone deep into the playoffs and your organization is on the upswing players know what it takes and it becomes helpful.

I have to disagree with you on this one, yes we missed the playoffs the following year but with all the injuries we had even aa top franchise like Kelowna wouldn't of done much better. Playoff experience is extremely valuable in a players development, ask any scout, GM, Head Coach they will all say the same thing. Players like Burroughs, Klimchuk & Stephenson all got a taste of what it takes to move onto the next level of their development. The intensity it takes to win at that time of the year can never be duplicated unless your actually in that situation. You may not agree that a few playoff games does nothing for a players development but I highly disagree with you on that one & I'm damn sure virtually every single coach at this level would disagree with you as well.

I also don't think Schiedl would of had the season he had last yeaar without that taste of playoff hockey & what it actually takes to move onto the next level which he has accomplished by playing in the AHL

RWAH
01-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Here is mt 2 cents. Playoff experience is valuable only if the team makes the playoffs for a few years in a row. the majority of these players are in ther league for 3 or 4 years. We all know that the majority of the team is 18s and 19s so to make the playoffs, then miss, then make them again only 3 of those players remain on the team as 20s. With this senerio the 16s on the team the first play year they see more suit time than ice time. Even dressed it is probibly 6 shifts a game or 4 to 5 min. of ice time. They will experience the added hipe, the full and loud arenas and playing the same team repeatedly
Looking at the Pats, as all have said on the blog, we need to up grades our 17s (96) group, IMO with out that we will be hard pressed to make the playoffs next season
I am still in the sell camp get 2 quality 17s and 2 2014 draft picks1st or 2nd round and we could still get in the playoffs for one round as we could not handle Edm, Cal, Med Hat,Swift, or any of the teams that are top 4. Our play off experience is 4 or 5 games and out. Not as valuable as winning a round.

sbtatter
01-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Nobody wants to see any kid hurt and all we can hope is that they both fully recover soon.

If memory serves me right Steel had a shoulder issue before and got back just before the Mac's. I don't know what his current issue is but unless these shoulder issues are dealt with they can linger. Steel needs to spend a lot of time in the weight room building up his upper body and putting on 10 lbs.

Agreed, too bad these 15 year olds are suffering these injuries before they even make it to the dub. I'm really interested to see who turns out to be better between these 2. Looks like Steel has higher skill but not very big, Patrick has the size but not such elite skills......

chopper
01-03-2014, 10:57 AM
I have to disagree with you on this one, yes we missed the playoffs the following year but with all the injuries we had even aa top franchise like Kelowna wouldn't of done much better. Playoff experience is extremely valuable in a players development, ask any scout, GM, Head Coach they will all say the same thing. Players like Burroughs, Klimchuk & Stephenson all got a taste of what it takes to move onto the next level of their development. The intensity it takes to win at that time of the year can never be duplicated unless your actually in that situation. You may not agree that a few playoff games does nothing for a players development but I highly disagree with you on that one & I'm damn sure virtually every single coach at this level would disagree with you as well.

I also don't think Schiedl would of had the season he had last yeaar without that taste of playoff hockey & what it actually takes to move onto the next level which he has accomplished by playing in the AHL

Your entitled to you opinion and I respect that! I however completely and utterly disagree with it! I sat with a Central Scouting scout for years, I have been a WHL scout for two teams. I still have coffee from time to time with a grand old WHL scout, and I personally know ex-gm's in this league This topic has been discussed many times and there is no consensus to support that position. I like to base things on facts. It's all about a culture of winning and many have never witnessed that with the Pats, however I have! I was in the rink the last time they played in a League final. You mention Scheidl but that's more of an anomaly. You must have forgotten guys like Eberle and Mitchell from the 07-08 team who never seen playoffs again, even though they were the leaders who should have benefitted according to your opinion.

Kelowna goes deep into the playoffs nearly every year because of an abundance of talent, coaching, good management plus the culture of the organization is winning and players benefit from that. Portland missed the playoffs (dead last) from 06-09. They made the playoffs in 2010 and haven't looked back. They have a culture of winning and play deep into the playoffs. That breeds the culture. Medicine Hat has it, Calgary has it, Kootenay have it etc. Until you change the culture and how the team is managed for success, there is no correlation between occasional foray's into the playoffs and future success. The league is littered with examples of that. I could give you dozens of examples. Of course this is only my opinion.

Point to the post is that some think that by hanging on to assets to make a round of playoffs; is more valuable than moving them to bring in the young talent needed. The talent to help what we have and to build this highly talented team we desire that is able to go three rounds, and be recognized as an up and coming powerhouse. Based on one round of playoffs I have never agreed and never will to failing to act. I simply don't understand it. Sadly I have doubts I will ever see a powerhouse here in Regina before I die. A lot of 30 somethings will turn into 50 year old men still waiting. As long as we're .500 and make the occasional playoff appearance that's pretty good I guess.

chopper
01-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Here is mt 2 cents. Playoff experience is valuable only if the team makes the playoffs for a few years in a row. the majority of these players are in ther league for 3 or 4 years. We all know that the majority of the team is 18s and 19s so to make the playoffs, then miss, then make them again only 3 of those players remain on the team as 20s. With this senerio the 16s on the team the first play year they see more suit time than ice time. Even dressed it is probibly 6 shifts a game or 4 to 5 min. of ice time. They will experience the added hipe, the full and loud arenas and playing the same team repeatedly
Looking at the Pats, as all have said on the blog, we need to up grades our 17s (96) group, IMO with out that we will be hard pressed to make the playoffs next season
I am still in the sell camp get 2 quality 17s and 2 2014 draft picks1st or 2nd round and we could still get in the playoffs for one round as we could not handle Edm, Cal, Med Hat,Swift, or any of the teams that are top 4. Our play off experience is 4 or 5 games and out. Not as valuable as winning a round.

Good post RWAH......................you totally get it! Once you reach elite status you will go deep in the playoffs, players understand, a culture is developed and excellence continues.

chopper
01-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Agreed, too bad these 15 year olds are suffering these injuries before they even make it to the dub. I'm really interested to see who turns out to be better between these 2. Looks like Steel has higher skill but not very big, Patrick has the size but not such elite skills......

With 15 year old it's almost impossible to tell. The one thing I can tell you is that skating is more and more the order of the day both in the Dub and NHL. Ideally 6'3" - 200 and skate like the wind. I'll take 20 of em..LOL

I think both kids will bring what their respective teams need. I can say I really like young Clague. You absolutely stole a gem.

sbtatter
01-03-2014, 12:02 PM
With 15 year old it's almost impossible to tell. The one thing I can tell you is that skating is more and more the order of the day both in the Dub and NHL. Ideally 6'3" - 200 and skate like the wind. I'll take 20 of em..LOL

I think both kids will bring what their respective teams need. I can say I really like young Clague. You absolutely stole a gem.

i think sometimes wingers don't realize how effective they can be just by skating hard around a d-man. With the newer rules regarding hooking, holding, a d-man has very little protection against a forward skating fast around him. A quick pass to your center, then skate hard past the dman entering the zone to the front of the net will end up in a penalty a high percentage of times, unless you're going by a good skating d-man like Morrissey, Pouliot, Jones etc who can skate with the winger....
Clague looks like the real deal, so does Kaspick.

chopper
01-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Well from reading on here & even on roddy's & phil's blog the fans (even though prob all us same people on here as there blogs) are that the fans want us to be sellers now after a terrible start to the 2nd 1/2 of the year... so with that said lets get the ball rolling here....

With Portland releasing 20yr old Shane McColgan today does that open the door to get the Leier cousins on the same team for a championship run? So Boston Leier to PORT for??? I think all they lost was just there 1st rd picks from the league busting their arses last season but we wouldn't get a 1st rd pick back in return anyways, but a 2nd and a roster prospect player maybe? Guys that are of some interest to me anyways are Ethan Price, Keegan Iverson, Dominic Turgeon, Keoni Texeira & Colton Veloso (who is on a callup during the WJs and is from wpg) In general though the Hawks had some very weak 20yr olds this season they still got ex-Pat Adam Rossignol (8 big pts in 25gp) Haar is pretty solid though.

Another option for the Pats could be Dyson Stevenson to Seattle as they have a 20yr old spot open as well. Maybe a guy like Ryan Gropp (who I mentioned before) & instead of a pick a '98 kid from Saskatoon in Kaden Elder... although im not really sure how serious SEA is about buying as they don't really have a legit #1 goalie there to make a run against teams like Port/Kel/Vic/Evt but with that said don't watch Seattle enough to truly know how good this Danny Mumaugh really is he played a very good game against the Pats when we were though.

As to where Stephenson could end up that is a tough 1 to say right now, maybe Victoria would be looking to add an impact 19yr old. Its the last year euo goalies are allowed in the league & there goalie Patrik Polivka is having a very strong season with a .921SV% 2.43GAA 5SO they could feel its there year to make a serious run & may think they are only a player away from doing that.

For some reason I have this feeling that Braden Christoffer will be dealt, he would be a great depth player for a contending team. He brings energy, physical play, will drop the mits & has a scoring touch. Just think a team may be interested in him, his return wouldn't be that great for us but could maybe land a 18yr old for him.

These are just my thoughts I have no idea who teams may be willing to trade to possibly land guys like Leier, Stevenson, Stephenson... the players listed above are just guys I would like to see come our way is all.....realisticly none of them may not even be moved as they are building blocks for their current team

Getting back on the topic PD114 posted I am genuinely surprised at how little action there has been League wide. At last count I think there have been only four deals. Saskatoon has been a bit picked over but MJ, Lethbridge, PG and Kamloops have some useable players, if not impact.

In the East I see Calgary, Edmonton, PA, Kootenay, and Swift Current having made deals. It looks like PA may have done a bit more, but the others also feel they have strengthened. That leaves Medicine Hat, Red Deer, Brandon, and the Pats not doing anything yet. How do you get what you need and where do you get it from, and how much$. It's a question mark about which of the nine contending teams will falter. Is it a planned decision or will one simply falter.

I have to think that those that have are asking too much. I know a lot of GM's are taking a hard look to see what they need if anything, to get to the dance. I am starting to get the sense that maybe there won't be as many deals as anticipated. While I feel we need some serious help in some age groups, I not convinced that's going to happen to the extent needed.

Bighat
01-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Watch the scratches at tonites game there's some deals brewing

sbtatter
01-03-2014, 06:10 PM
Watch the scratches at tonites game there's some deals brewing

Excellent, keep us all updated when you can tell us more please!

patsdude114
01-03-2014, 06:44 PM
From the warmup's anyways there was no one out of the ordinary not on the ice & no 1 extra took the warmup but guess you just never know.

Klimchuk in lineup tonight maybe that will help bring some energy back into the room. Either way I don't think you can look too far into a win tonight (if we do) I mean looking at standings alone we should be beating saskatoon so imo it is expected with or without klimchuk. Its not changing my mind of needing to sell off a player or 2

patsdude114
01-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Well I guess I proved myself wrong as Christoffer is not dressed, although even if he was traded I doubt the return would be worth writing home about.

Love proving myself wrong

sbtatter
01-03-2014, 07:11 PM
Well I guess I proved myself wrong as Christoffer is not dressed,
Love proving myself wrong

We all do it man!!!

chalk_one_up
01-03-2014, 07:20 PM
Scratches:

2 Hand
21 Kammerer
23 Christoffer
27 Wagner
28 Mortlock
55 Reagan

patsdude114
01-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Scratches:

2 Hand (done for year with concussions)
21 Kammerer (WJs)
23 Christoffer (healthy)
27 Wagner (healthy don't play much)
28 Mortlock (healthy recent call up be xmas)
55 Reagan (U16s)

Filled in the blanks above

patsdude114
01-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Cameron has left the bench 3 times so far in the 1st period each time has been gone for about 1min not sure what's up with that if its in contact with Lang above or if he is sick or somethng

Fight Guy
01-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Jensen goes to Moose Jaw for a 3rd and a 6th in 2014 and a conditional 6th in 2016.

patsdude114
01-03-2014, 10:37 PM
Good deal for MJ especially since in the coming days Brown will be traded. Jensen would of been a perfect fit in Regina, I feel like Lang is taking his sweet arse time in pulling any deal.

Bighat
01-03-2014, 11:10 PM
Mumby didn't get 1 shift. We need a goalie bad. Time to sell, some fans found this game entertaining we just played a horrible team.

patsdude114
01-04-2014, 12:34 AM
Mumby didn't get 1 shift. We need a goalie bad. Time to sell, some fans found this game entertaining we just played a horrible team.

What game were you watching?? Mumby played a lot just not as much in the 3rd period is all (like normal) for a guy who didn't get 1 shift how does he get a -1 rating?

patsdude114
01-04-2014, 12:40 AM
No clue to any truth (prob more less just people loving to start rumours) but I heard a couple people talking about Chandler Stephenson & Boston Leier to Edmonton Riley Kieser, Brett Pollock (who I highly doubt will be traded) 1st rd pick & 2nd rd pick

Does sound promising from a Pats perspective though if there is any traction to this trade at all but I highly doubt it....

chopper
01-04-2014, 09:40 AM
No clue to any truth (prob more less just people loving to start rumours) but I heard a couple people talking about Chandler Stephenson & Boston Leier to Edmonton Riley Kieser, Brett Pollock (who I highly doubt will be traded) 1st rd pick & 2nd rd pick

Does sound promising from a Pats perspective though if there is any traction to this trade at all but I highly doubt it....

Sounds similar to ones I heard. Christopher's name was bantered about and there is strong belief that a roster d-man will move in a 2 for 1 to get another d-man.

Bighat
01-04-2014, 10:26 AM
I guess that's a good thing that I didn't notice mumby lol.

patsdude114
01-04-2014, 12:04 PM
I guess that's a good thing that I didn't notice mumby lol.

Its never a bad thing if we don't notice a player, just means they are playing within there limits & not turning pucks over

witness
01-04-2014, 12:42 PM
Just some of my thoughts.

I have thought that there is an improvement in the play of Brooks and Williams. I am not quite ready to give up on Brooks. I think he has some high skill ability, is just slow to adjust to the speed and the bigger players. Chandler looks better with Klimchuk back. It is frustrating to never get the puck back (not a big Maguire fan).
Lang has a plan in place from the beginning of the season. He still has every intention of following it. I have heard from a couple of sources that Chandler is in play, Leier is not (unless a team will overpay). But, I have no inside information other than that.
I don't think they will build on the 17 age group. Over all, I don't think that age group is strong, so teams will most likely hold onto promising players. I think the Pats will need to strengthen the 18 & 16's. If there is a possibility of a promising 15, then take it. That 15 year old draft was pretty deep.
I don't dislike this team and it doesn't need overhauling. But, the reality is if the elite teams are willing to part with a 1st rounder and a promising roster player for your star, you have to consider it.

patsdude114
01-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Just some of my thoughts.

I have thought that there is an improvement in the play of Brooks and Williams.

I have to agree with you on this 1 as well, especially in Williams play, he is following the same path as last year he was below avg for the 1st part of the year last year (but that was to be expected he was only a rookie) & then the 2nd 1/2 of the year he kind of took off. He has really been playing well as of late using his body more, he is a very strong kid for his size. The coaching staff gives him the green light to lead any rush so obviously the coaching staff see's something that the avg fan doesn't see. Its amazing what a few goals will do to a players confidence

Bighat
01-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Nothing yet we'll have to see the scratches tonite, not likely to trade anyone that makes the trip till tomorrow.

chopper
01-04-2014, 06:31 PM
Nothing yet we'll have to see the scratches tonite, not likely to trade anyone that makes the trip till tomorrow.

I think a lot of trades are like dominoes between different teams. Teams are often dealing a number of other teams for various things they need. If one deal works out then they can pull the trigger on another. Heck there can even be multiple team deals. Once the first major domino falls it's a good bet there will be others following shortly thereafter.

Around the rink and on the blogs there is a lot of smoke. They say where there's smoke there's fire. It is quite possible it may be just smoke, in which case we may only a couple of minor deals. However the sense I got last night was that something more significant was going happen.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-04-2014, 06:41 PM
We haven't been sellers for some time. The last valuable asset we moved was probably Harding. We typically buy when we should sell, and we all know what I'm talking about. Buying Marincin from PG was a waste of a 1st round pick. He wasn't special in the regular season and disappeared in the playoffs. No if anything we are too frequently buyers as opposed to sellers. We do not in any way resemble how PG operates. Maybe we should have.

Occasional playoff rounds are vastly overrated. In 07-08 we made the playoffs but missed the next four years. How did that help our young players? We made one round in 11-12 for 5 games and what did that do for our young players? Missed the playoffs the following year. It's a myth is all. When you've finally gone deep into the playoffs and your organization is on the upswing players know what it takes and it becomes helpful.
I don't think they are overrated. Playoffs should always be the priority because everybody(even the pats) has a chance. You know what happens when teams bide their time like that? they become basement dwellers like the lethbridges or Prince Georges on the league. Those team pretty much sell every year and still have the same product, which happens with no experience(which I think a guy like Leier has, and it will also reflect in the playoffs).

Its less about consistent rebuilding, and more about getting that right high pick and that right time. Like drafting nugent Hopkins or something like that.

or who knows? maybe Sam Steel.

And in 2008, most people would agree the safest course of action would have been to trade Eberle and Teubert, and not doing so set us back moreso than deals for rentals that we picked up in an effort to solidify a playoff run. I don't see this year as quite the same caliber of a situation, but if the market becomes a seller's one, I wont be angry or anything.

Can anyone tell me who we favourably match up against other than MJ or Saskatoon? Most of our points have come from teams below us in the first half. In the 2nd half we face tougher opposition albeit at home BUT we've kinda sucked at home. We have played poorly against the teams we need to beat so one needn't worry about match ups.

Tomorrows game means nothing since we have Brandon, Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, PA, Kootenay right after that. A win tomorrow means nothing and should have no bearing on what needs to be done. Saskatoon just beat Swift Current so this one isn't a gimmes either. I posted Lethbridge was playing well and would be tough. I am one of the few who believed it. It shouldn't alter what good management of assets needs to be.

The competition in the conference has been more or less pretty even. As a healthy team(and maybe a change in net imo) its hard to say. No matter what we have on the roster, the pats often tend to bring their best game towards the opponents higher in the standings.

Unless we get PA. For some reason we cant beat them. But even if we play mediocre, many teams will decline in the standings with their west roadtrips and a disproportionate amount of road games where teams are more close to being playoff ready.

patsdude114
01-04-2014, 09:19 PM

You and your scratches lmao im starting to think your that stupid Bob guy on rody's blog

chopper
01-04-2014, 09:28 PM
SAJ - your points are well taken. I guess what I get from the reply is that you are ok either way, whether they buy or sell. Again that's understandable. I just don't feel that the occasional trip to the playoffs provides us with much, and as fans we should want more - much more. Once we are good enough to go deep in repeated years, that when playoffs experience really matters and a culture is born.We really haven't looked at moving assets to strengthen our group going forward for some time. By that I mean our overall depth and talent. If I have to wait another year or two, I've been there before.

I just got finished watching two periods of pretty uninspired hockey and again seeing us down 3-0. Not much drive and not much aggression. Those are things you don't need talent for. Just watching our lines as compared to Brandon's and in my mind they are measurably better than ours. Playing the way we are I just don't know what we can actually accomplish.

Guess I'll go back and watch the balance of the third. Hope it don't get any worse.

patsdude114
01-04-2014, 10:05 PM
to my surprise the Pats actually played a very solid 3rd period, really took it to Brandon most of the period but again not playing 60mins of hockey costs us the game in OT

Its amazing what alittle confidence has done for Williams, now has 6goals in his last 9 games which is pretty good for a defenseman still a minus 4 in those 9 games but it would be very hard to find many plus players over those same 9 games for us. I have never been 1 to look too far into the +/-stat as its not just 1 player that causes a goal to be allowed or a goal for, its the whole unit of 5 on the ice.

chopper
01-04-2014, 10:26 PM
to my surprise the Pats actually played a very solid 3rd period, really took it to Brandon most of the period but again not playing 60mins of hockey costs us the game in OT

Its amazing what alittle confidence has done for Williams, now has 6goals in his last 9 games which is pretty good for a defenseman still a minus 4 in those 9 games but it would be very hard to find many plus players over those same 9 games for us. I have never been 1 to look too far into the +/-stat as its not just 1 player that causes a goal to be allowed or a goal for, its the whole unit of 5 on the ice.

William is golden right now.When the team seen Dyson selling out and blocking a cannon, they bought in. Every point is valuable these days. It's too bad they had problems in the second. What a bush league call at the end. For as long as I can remember they have kissing McCrimmons butt in Brandon. Even the Brandon broadcast team felt it was cheesy. When you see what was let go, that was a real bad call.

patsdude114
01-04-2014, 10:45 PM
yep gotta love it when the other teams PBP guys say its a weak call and that Stephenson couldn't of done nothing to avoid the goalie since Pulock took him into the goalie... this league is bush league for reffing reminds me a lot of the CFL

Bighat
01-04-2014, 10:59 PM
Not bob and I don't appreciate you calling me stupid, watching the scratches is a legitimate way to get insight on trades. The first 2 goals weak again, problem we have now is I think MH might be sellers now and this gives the pats a chance to jump a spot in the standings. We either have to bring in 4-5 players or trade away 2-3, if we buy we'll be bottom dwellers for the next 2 seasons. I feel we need to sell just to stay with Brandon for the next few years.

RWAH
01-04-2014, 11:01 PM
SAJ: look at the league history and it is not "anything can happen in the playoffs". In the last 20 years only once did a team lower than 3rd play in the league championship. That once (and it test my memory) was Kootenay in 4th place only 3 points out of 2nd in 2009/10.
To say the conference is close is a misguided statement as the top three (Cal. Edm and the Hat) are head and shoulder above the rest. The remaining 6 are close but to trade assets get in the play offs in 5 through 8 is a waste. That is what we have been doing for 20 years (trading when we should be holding and holding when we should be selling) all we have is 20 years of mediocre hockey.
The US swing: only PA and Moose Jaw have that left and the US teams play at the Alberta arenas. The Alberta teams don't make long trips to the BC clubs as they are close enough that it is not necessary.
Coach Cameron and his assistants have the team playing an offensive aggressive style. Our 2012 and 2013 drafts were better than the five before that and the young talent either roster or list players has improved. Now is not the time to buy so we can play Edmonton or Calgary od Medicine Hat in the first round.
IMO we should be selective selling and we all know what we need : more size on D and better talent pool of the 17s

chopper
01-04-2014, 11:39 PM
When things are this tight a bad goal, bad decision, bad call or bad bounce can change a game. Geez hate to rag on MacAuley but I thought the 1st goal was pretty weak. Christopher has been one of our more effective players - why out 2 games?
The Pats have gone 2-2-1 in their last five. Does that change the dynamic of what they might do? I tend to think that a couple wins or losses won't impact a trade that is in the works. Will something be announced after the weekend or will Lang wait until after the Red Deer game? There is always a couple "shock" days so I have a hard time believing he would wait until the 10th to make a major announcement with Calgary coming in. But again stranger things have happened.

chopper
01-04-2014, 11:47 PM
As a side note have you guys noticed that Seattle has taken two beat downs in Alberta 5-1 in Red Deer and 7-0 tonight in Edmonton. Seattle people have been in our building recently. I wonder if they're looking for offence?

patsdude114
01-05-2014, 01:36 AM
Not bob and I don't appreciate you calling me stupid, watching the scratches is a legitimate way to get insight on trades.

Read my quote again if your not bob im not calling you stupid am I??? If there was a trade prior to game you would hear about it during the pregame show, very rarely do trades happen during the game where a player gets pulled out, happens either before game or after game 99% of the time

You and your scratches lmao im starting to think your that stupid Bob guy on rody's blog

Bighat
01-05-2014, 10:41 AM
Not saying a trade happening during the game, it's a good indication that a deal is brewing for that player and they don't want to risk injury.

chopper
01-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Not saying a trade happening during the game, it's a good indication that a deal is brewing for that player and they don't want to risk injury.

The Pats scratches on Saturday were Tye Hand, Maximillian Kammerer, Braden Christoffer, Austin Wagner, Nathyn Mortlock and Brady Reagan.

Hand - sick and gone hone
Kammerer and Reagan - International duty
Christopher, Morthlock, and Wagner - remaining three

The strange one is Christopher who has been a regular all season but has been sat out two games in a row. I'm wondering if it might have more to do with auditioning other players and they needed a roster spot. They already know what he can do. Mortlock and Wagner are young guys That i doubt they would move. That is unless it was for fill ins for a much larger package with similar coming back. The one constant in trades is that anything can and often does happen:)

Bighat
01-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Chopper I'm just saying if a regular gets scratched something could be brewing. When I say watch the scratches it's for something irregular ie pa and toon before there games.

chopper
01-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Chopper I'm just saying if a regular gets scratched something could be brewing. When I say watch the scratches it's for something irregular ie pa and toon before there games.

Absolutely it could be.

patsdude114
01-05-2014, 02:27 PM

Basicly its looking way to far into the little things really but hey whatever floats your boat I guess...if it gets your mind going into over board so be enjoy thinking about the scratches.

All im saying is its alittle over kill to think like that, unless a deal is basicly all done just minor details teams wont sit out there top players for something that COULD be done, especially with how we have been struggling.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-05-2014, 03:04 PM
dude its pretty basic and happens all the time. If there's an odd scratch of a player this close to the trade deadline, it is usually because they've been traded. Why else would they not dress?

chopper
01-05-2014, 03:05 PM
None of our top players have been sat out. While there may be ongoing negotiations, nothing was completed. Once a trade is completed, the new team owns the asset and the player is supposed to report. It is a bit surprising that Christopher has sat out two games. He is a key part of the team, and having him in makes them a better team.

Bighat
01-05-2014, 03:17 PM
dude its pretty basic and happens all the time. If there's an odd scratch of a player this close to the trade deadline, it is usually because they've been traded. Why else would they not dress?

Exactly thank you, and it lets the gm inside us getting thinking.

patsdude114
01-05-2014, 03:38 PM
haha I know it happens I never said it didn't happen now did I???

the flu bug has been going around with the Pats it wouldn't surprise me 1 bit that Christoffer caught what D'Amico had, you don't sit a guy out for 2 games just cause his name may of came up in trade talks, until there is actually a firm offer & that its been accepted there is no reason at all to scratch him due to a 'trade convo involving him' if that was the case im sure Stephenson, Leier & Stevenson wouldn't of played a game since the xmas break has ended lol you cant run your team on 'what ifs & maybes'

like I said before just looking way to far into things is all.... it wont surprise me 1 bit though if Christoffer gets traded though, as I said it when this thread was created

patsdude114
01-05-2014, 04:32 PM
i asked Phil on his blog if Christoffer had the flu due to his last 2 games being scratched & this is his reply

No Christoffer is injured. Shoulder not too serious though is my understanding. Might play Wednesday

Bighat
01-05-2014, 06:09 PM
Never said Christopher was on the block, now you sound like a cocky teenager. All we're saying is we're watching the scratches not saying so and so is scratched he's traded. We all know you don't sit players because they might get traded, we're just referencing scene aeros that might happen. I guess we can't have any fun with this.

chopper
01-05-2014, 06:14 PM
i asked Phil on his blog if Christoffer had the flu due to his last 2 games being scratched & this is his reply

No Christoffer is injured. Shoulder not too serious though is my understanding. Might play Wednesday

Question asked and answered. Thought injured players were supposed to be reported as such. Oh well.

Laurencelle traded to Seattle. Minor deal for a kid out of Winnipeg who was supposed to be an offensive threat. Most deals so far appear to be rather piddly.

RWAH
01-06-2014, 06:32 PM
Hey posters check out Alan Calder's blog "Small thoughts at large" good incite

patsdude114
01-06-2014, 07:01 PM

Do u got a link to the site? Hauling snow tonight & not the easiest thing to search for while driving

nivek_wahs
01-06-2014, 07:38 PM
Do u got a link to the site? Hauling snow tonight & not the easiest thing to search for while drivinghttp://smallatlarge.blogspot.ca/

patsdude114
01-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Thanks kev hope your feeling better now as well :) happy new year long time poster

RWAH
01-06-2014, 07:40 PM
Hope this works
http://smallatlarge.blogspot.ca/
slower typer

patsdude114
01-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Thanks guys :)

Was a great read forsure, agreed with virutally everything he said, I also thought that Seattle would be more interested in Boes then adding a 20yr skater. Seattle has been getting lite up lately & Boes would help them a lot & could help groom that Muhamad (I know I spelt that wrong) kid for next year for the T-Birds.

chopper
01-06-2014, 08:38 PM

Caldwell's blog is very good as is Greg Drinnan's. Caldwell has been talking about getting out of the biz. I hope he doesn't. He talks of a lot of the same things discussed here.

Stephenson's name is linked to Victoria and Leier's name is linked to Edmonton as players who would meet their needs.

He puts Kootenay, Red Deer, PA, Regina and Brandon as on the bubble. PA and Kootenay have added pieces already and he refers to them now as buyers. Brandon acquired Pilon in a big splash so at best they're nibblers. That pretty much leaves Regina and Red Deer as the two left who haven't been active.

Pat Chat tells fans to come out on Friday and possibly welcome a new face (singular). That may just be literary licence or a pre-cursor of things to come. Unless it's Bartosak one player wouldn't help much:) IMO In order to get enough assets to make it worthwhile we would have to move two of the big four.

Any thoughts or feelings on how this is going to play out?

Trav
01-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Thanks guys :)

Was a great read forsure, agreed with virutally everything he said, I also thought that Seattle would be more interested in Boes then adding a 20yr skater. Seattle has been getting lite up lately & Boes would help them a lot & could help groom that Muhamad (I know I spelt that wrong) kid for next year for the T-Birds.

Seattle has Logan Flodell waiting in the wings. Some Tbird fans think he's better then the two goaltenders they have rite now

RWAH
01-07-2014, 01:51 PM
From Pats site
Regina, Saskatchewan – Regina Pats Senior VP and General Manager Chad Lang announced today the team has acquired 18-year old defenceman Isaac Schacher from the Victoria Royals in return for 5th Round WHL Bantam Draft Selections in 2015 and 2016.

Schacher (6’4”, 215 lbs) played in 35 games for Victoria this season while registering seven points
(1G, 7A), 23 penalty minutes and a plus 13 rating. Last season, the Kimberly, B.C. native split time between the Royals (10 GP – 1A) and the KIJHL’s Kimberly Dynamiters (46 GP – 15G – 24A – 39PTS).

“We are happy to add a player of Isaac’s stature to our lineup. Schacher will provide depth and add size to our back-end,” said Chad Lang. “With the departure of Tye Hand, we felt it was important to add a big defender to our roster.”

The WHL Trade Deadline is on Friday, January 10th at 12:00 p.m. MST. Visit ReginaPats.com for the latest news on the Pats, game previews and game recaps.

Good trade, Big d-man plays physical and a plus rating.
This is a good tweek trade. I think there is still more to come.

sbtatter
01-07-2014, 01:54 PM
From Pats site
Regina, Saskatchewan – Regina Pats Senior VP and General Manager Chad Lang announced today the team has acquired 18-year old defenceman Isaac Schacher from the Victoria Royals in return for 5th Round WHL Bantam Draft Selections in 2015 and 2016.

Schacher (6’4”, 215 lbs) played in 35 games for Victoria this season while registering seven points
(1G, 7A), 23 penalty minutes and a plus 13 rating. Last season, the Kimberly, B.C. native split time between the Royals (10 GP – 1A) and the KIJHL’s Kimberly Dynamiters (46 GP – 15G – 24A – 39PTS).

“We are happy to add a player of Isaac’s stature to our lineup. Schacher will provide depth and add size to our back-end,” said Chad Lang. “With the departure of Tye Hand, we felt it was important to add a big defender to our roster.”

The WHL Trade Deadline is on Friday, January 10th at 12:00 p.m. MST. Visit ReginaPats.com for the latest news on the Pats, game previews and game recaps.

Good trade, Big d-man plays physical and a plus rating.
Same price Victoria paid for Jack Palmer. I'd venture that Schacher is better than palmer.....

RWAH
01-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Just looked at Vic's site and Schacher has some play off experience from 2012/13 another plus

patsdude114
01-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Don't know a single thing on this Schacher kid but his size looks very appealling hopefully he has some toughness to go along with his size.

RWAH
01-07-2014, 05:36 PM
The Wild returned Matt Dumba to Junior. Not a big surprise but made Portland a lot stronger

sbtatter
01-07-2014, 05:58 PM
The Wild returned Matt Dumba to Junior. Not a big surprise but made Portland a lot stronger

It made them stronger if Dumba carries a good attitude, but if he's like he was last year, it won't end well. That guy is waaaay over rated even without the attitude issues. And the new officiating penalizing all hits hasn't helped him any has it.

patsdude114
01-08-2014, 12:16 PM
So in today's LP Lang had said

"When it's all said and done people can come and look at my computer, my cellphone, whatever, to see what offers we've been getting on the names that people think were getting. I can honestly say I've had two offers- two offers that don't meet what we're needing when you look at what players of their stature have gone for"

I was wondering if 1 of us asked to see these deals what he would say??? Lol he called it out in LP would he go back on his word

sbtatter
01-08-2014, 12:22 PM

"When it's all said and done people can come and look at my computer, my cellphone, whatever, to see what offers we've been getting on the names that people think were getting. I can honestly say I've had two offers- two offers that don't meet what we're needing when you look at what players of their stature have gone for"

I was wondering if 1 of us asked to see these deals what he would say??? Lol he called it out in LP would he go back on his word

Get down to his office and say "I'm here to see the trade offers"!!

patsdude114
01-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Get down to his office and say "I'm here to see the trade offers"!!

I see him every night at the Pats game as his wife (who btw is freaken a goddess) sits in the same section as me, althought I haven't seen her at the games since the xmas break.... maybe just maybe tonight ill ask to see these offers, just to see what his response will be

chopper
01-08-2014, 12:51 PM

Good post! The thing is we will never know. That sounds eerily similar to what Parker said when Eberle/Tuebert weren't moved. Evidence came out later that there indeed were significant deals on the table. None of us are in the war room so we simply can't confirm or deny..LOL.

So if I understand right, the Pats are thinking of holding on to all of the assets and try to make a playoff spot? Something that is in no way a reasonable certainty?

The adding of one d-man if thats all there is, seems like a big letdown for people on both sides of the issue.

patsdude114
01-08-2014, 01:07 PM
So if I understand right, the Pats are thinking of holding on to all of the assets and try to make a playoff spot? Something that is in no way a reasonable certainty?

The adding of one d-man if thats all there is, seems like a big letdown for people on both sides of the issue.

Well Lang also said they want to try to add another center & another Dman as well...without having the article infront of me at the moment I believe he said something with a fair price on these types of players too (not the exact wording by any means but more or less the same idea)

I think he is more less looking to add a center that could become our #1 center next season, we really lack depth in the center spot, Leier isn't even a centerman but has been doing a fairly decent job as a center but he is way more effective as a winger. Also don't even get me started with using Hansen at center especially on the PK, that drives me freaken nuts as watch tonight how many times on the 1st PK unit Cameron sends out Hansen to take the 1st faceoff, which he loses 95% of the time.... its just giving them the puck for possession time like Cameron likes to watch his team fish the puck out of the back of the net on the PK

chopper
01-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Well Lang also said they want to try to add another center & another Dman as well...without having the article infront of me at the moment I believe he said something with a fair price on these types of players too (not the exact wording by any means but more or less the same idea)

I think he is more less looking to add a center that could become our #1 center next season, we really lack depth in the center spot, Leier isn't even a centerman but has been doing a fairly decent job as a center but he is way more effective as a winger. Also don't even get me started with using Hansen at center especially on the PK, that drives me freaken nuts as watch tonight how many times on the 1st PK unit Cameron sends out Hansen to take the 1st faceoff, which he loses 95% of the time.... its just giving them the puck for possession time like Cameron likes to watch his team fish the puck out of the back of the net on the PK

I just found the article and your right he did go further and expand on his wish list..LOL. I read on Rod's Blog the name Aspen Sterzer. I am nor familiar with him but by looking at his numbers, this was his breakout season, much like Scheidl did. Another name I've thrown out to you before is Russ Maxwell. Do you think he would be a fit and back as a 20 yr old? He might be cheaper than Sterzer. Got any ideas on another big d-man? I'm liking Wardley if the T-birds would part.

There are a lot of bodies on the roster by adding Schacher. If they add two more they will have a real gut of players. It would be nice if a couple of roster players could be moved for the necessary pieces.

chopper
01-08-2014, 02:05 PM
I just found the article and your right he did go further and expand on his wish list..LOL. I read on Rod's Blog the name Aspen Sterzer. I am nor familiar with him but by looking at his numbers, this was his breakout season, much like Scheidl did. Another name I've thrown out to you before is Russ Maxwell. Do you think he would be a fit and back as a 20 yr old? He might be cheaper than Sterzer. Got any ideas on another big d-man? I'm liking Wardley if the T-birds would part.

There are a lot of bodies on the roster by adding Schacher. If they add two more they will have a real gut of players. It would be nice if a couple of roster players could be moved for the necessary pieces.

On a PK if you win the faceoff you kill 30 seconds. It absolutely crucial to a good PK, and lets face it ours needs a heap of work.

patsdude114
01-08-2014, 02:54 PM
I think the trading ball has finally been dropped.....4 trades in the last day & a half

a few notable trades here are...

TO REGINA
Isaac Schacher
TO VICTORIA
5th rd '15
5th rd '16

TO PRINCE ALBERT
Brennan Riddle
3rd Rnd '15
TO CALGARY
2nd Rnd '14
4th Rnd '15

TO SASKATOON
MacKenzie Johnston
Tyler Dea
3rd rd '15
5th rd '15
TO PRINCE ALBERT
Graeme Craig
7th rd '14
5th rd '16

TO CALGARY
Adam Tambellini
TO PORTLAND
1st rd '14

chopper
01-08-2014, 03:02 PM
Yup, and PG just added another d-man.

patsdude114
01-08-2014, 03:09 PM
If TC is moving players out would love it Lang could land either
Hubic 6'3 185 Regina kid Dman
Hamonic 6'4 210 Dman
Rankin 6'0 200 LW/C

neither player is drafted and all 3 would be quality 20yr olds (maybe Hubic not so much)

Also yes Russ Maxwell would be a good center that Lang could pick up, his price I don't see being very steep at all but I guess a lot depends if LETH see's him as a 20yr old for next year.

chopper
01-08-2014, 04:25 PM
If TC is moving players out would love it Lang could land either
Hubic 6'3 185 Regina kid Dman
Hamonic 6'4 210 Dman
Rankin 6'0 200 LW/C

neither player is drafted and all 3 would be quality 20yr olds (maybe Hubic not so much)

Also yes Russ Maxwell would be a good center that Lang could pick up, his price I don't see being very steep at all but I guess a lot depends if LETH see's him as a 20yr old for next year.

Ya I like all of the names you mention from TC. They are in a playoff spot and have a .500 record so even if they sell a bit they will still make the playoffs. PG and Kamloops will be out. PG now has a bunch of d-men and it would be nice if the put McNulty on a plane to us..LOL Right now if we were putting money on it, we might have to bet against any major moves. If that's the case he will have to be very crafty to find a top six centre at a price he can afford. His shortage of picks in 2014-15 ties his hands somewhat. if he could wrap up a package of expendable roster players and maybe a 2016 pick for a d-man and centre, it would sure help. If there was someone to work with.

patsdude114
01-08-2014, 04:40 PM
If that's the case he will have to be very crafty to find a top six centre at a price he can afford. His shortage of picks in 2014-15 ties his hands somewhat. if he could wrap up a package of expendable roster players and maybe a 2016 pick for a d-man and centre, it would sure help. If there was someone to work with.

I know for a fact Lang still likes Forsberg a lot and being 18yrs old he still fits in how Lang wants to build his roster. Forsberg does have skill and doesn't have a lot of skill to play with in PG, not saying Forsberg would fit into how we play but its possible.

I really could see Lang making a trade for Forsberg & a Dman from there say something that could look something like this..... (not a trade by any means just throwing something fun out there)

TO REGINA
Alex Forsberg
Marc McNulty
TO PG
Geordie Maguire
Adam Brooks &/or Griffin Mumby
Liam Finlay (maybe his rights to a BC team would make him come to the league)
& some sort of a 3rd or 4th rd pick in the next 2 yrs or so

Like you said we don't have many picks to be using especially for this year so would have to due with what we have mainly on our roster.

sbtatter
01-08-2014, 04:53 PM
I know for a fact Lang still likes Forsberg a lot and being 18yrs old he still fits in how Lang wants to build his roster. Forsberg does have skill and doesn't have a lot of skill to play with in PG, not saying Forsberg would fit into how we play but its possible.

I really could see Lang making a trade for Forsberg & a Dman from there say something that could look something like this..... (not a trade by any means just throwing something fun out there)

TO REGINA
Alex Forsberg
Marc McNulty
TO PG
Geordie Maguire

Like you said we don't have many picks to be using especially for this year so would have to due with what we have mainly on our roster.

PG wouldn't be that generous would they? Maguire sucks, well, in this league he sucks but i bet he scores some goals at the CIS level!!

Bighat
01-08-2014, 04:54 PM
We will be trading our assets, the deals get sweeter as the deadline approaches. All it's going to take is for 1 team to really improve and the rest of the contenders will come a calling. I'll ask chad tonite if I can see the trades, I bet he's telling the truth why start high it's a feeling out process.

patsdude114
01-08-2014, 05:41 PM
PG wouldn't be that generous would they? Maguire sucks, well, in this league he sucks but i bet he scores some goals at the CIS level!!

haha Maguire hasn't been that bad of a player at all this season actually. He has shown he can score when given the chance but like I said it was all just a made up trade I think if Finlay would commit to a BC team he would be the center piece of the whole trade, that kid can skate and has some mad skills really wish he was committed to coming to play in the prairies.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-08-2014, 07:15 PM
in this league, perception is reality. If Lang makes it out like he has more leverage than he does, he will get better deals...like people have mentioned.

Whether he wants to sell or not though might be dictated by the market. In an ideal world, Id like him to buy a little just to reinforce the product for some playoff experience, but if he gets a good offer for say Chandler or Dyson, theres nothing wrong with going for that either.

...or getting a goaltending that detect a curling rock from flying between the wickets. That'd be a nice luxury to have.

chopper
01-08-2014, 10:50 PM

TO REGINA
Alex Forsberg
Marc McNulty
TO PG
Geordie Maguire

I like this scenario...A LOT. We get that top 6 forward Lang covets as well as a good d-man with an edge. PG has 11 of them now and they can't all play.Leier really needs a set up man badly and we haven't found that right one for him yet. Maguire has some value as do Brooks and Mumby. Liam Finlay is a big gamble but jet might stay in BC for major Jr.

That would also address our draft pick situation and move a few players from an already inflated roster. This would be a good deal for both teams.

chopper
01-09-2014, 11:26 AM
How can anyone compete with Calgary or Portland? Calgary make a trade for Adam Tambellini giving a 1st round pick to an already stacked Portland team. Tambellini comes out of US college and promptly scores four points in his first game for Calgary. Additionally I don't think Winther has played a game for them yet...sheesh. IMO these teams as well as the like of Kelowna always seem to be a cut above the rest. It's like the scouting, management etc always seems to be a step ahead of the curve. The rich get richer it seems.

patsdude114
01-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Last night I had alittle conversation with Volek congratulated him on his WJ appearance and such and today is traded for the 2nd time of his WHL career.

TO RED DEER
4th rd '15
3rd rd '16
TO VANCOUVER
Volek

I really do feel that Volek showed a character flaw when he wouldn't report to the Pats after his rookie season and started to play in Sweden til we traded him to Red Deer, I think it hurt his development. He blamed the Pats for him not getting drafted in the systems we played, I think he needs to look at himself in the mirror as he is just another avg euro who is playing in the WHL

chopper
01-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Last night I had alittle conversation with Volek congratulated him on his WJ appearance and such and today is traded for the 2nd time of his WHL career.

TO RED DEER
4th rd '15
3rd rd '16
TO VANCOUVER
Volek

I really do feel that Volek showed a character flaw when he wouldn't report to the Pats after his rookie season and started to play in Sweden til we traded him to Red Deer, I think it hurt his development. He blamed the Pats for him not getting drafted in the systems we played, I think he needs to look at himself in the mirror as he is just another avg euro who is playing in the WHL

I'm with you on the flaw thing. It bothered me last year when he failed to report back. We needed another offensive threat and Lang was counting on him. If he had come back and worked his tail off, it might have tipped the scales and allowed us to make the playoffs. Instead he goes to Red Deer and with him they make the playoffs. It makes you go Hmmmm.:hmmm:

Robson out of Lethbridge came out of the Boes trade pretty well. That was the elephant in the room in the Bridge City. Not popular there after losing the chance to take Clague.

I'm wondering if Calgary getting Tambellini has changed the balance of power in the Central maybe making Medicine Hat and Edmonton more interested in buying. Maybe it changes the thought process of some the western clubs. ?

patsdude114
01-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Alldridge I find it alittle mind blowing that playing on an offensive powerhouse like Portland and him having 0points in 24games makes me question just how good he may be, big kid yes but what else does he really bring.....im going on age, size and stats alone I haven't seen him play enough to even give a true opinion

Bighat
01-09-2014, 01:03 PM
I heard from a good source last nite that the Regina Pats have been sold. Announcement to follow trade deadline. Well let's hope that this is true.

patsdude114
01-09-2014, 01:14 PM
I seen the comment Russ Parker made to Vanstone in the paper today about how enjoyable the game was to watch and then followed up right after with "where was everyone to watch"

I think he knows inside that this city is sick and tired of supporting them (The Parker's) if Brent hadn't been the GM for so damn long maybe people would have a different thought process towards them, but he hung around way to long easy 12yrs way to long. I am very sure selling the team to new owners will bring the fans back out especially those who refuse to support the Parker's anymore, I know myself I know 10-15 people who will not support the Parker's anymore so how many more are actually out there

chopper
01-09-2014, 03:29 PM
I heard from a good source last nite that the Regina Pats have been sold. Announcement to follow trade deadline. Well let's hope that this is true.

The thought crossed my mind that if indeed the Pats were sold, it conceivably could have an impact on how little Lang has done so far. Think about it; nearly every contending team in the eastern conference has made a reasonably big splash. The Pats have not. Could it be that an outgoing owner might want a few home game receipts to offset costs and maybe put a little in the jeans? Could it be that direction was given is to stand pat and try to make playoffs? Just random thoughts.

From signals being put out there, the likelihood of selling much at this point appears slim. With a home game tomorrow a trade for a top 6 forward and another d-man should have been done by now. Particularly if it would involve roster players. Although it's been strangely quiet league wide with only two trades up on the trade tracker. But again with most contending teams strengthening up, the Pats appear to be falling behind in that regard.

I could wrong about the situation but with less than 24 hours till close, if anything happens it will have to be a deadline deal.

patsdude114
01-09-2014, 03:41 PM
theres been a few trades today...

TO SEATTLE
Russel Maxwell
TO LETHBRIDGE
Michal Holub
4th rd 2014

TO PORTLAND
Corbin Boes
TO LETHBRIDGE
Steven Alldridge
Shane McColgan
2nd rd 2014

TO VANCOUVER
Domink Volek
TO RED DEER
4th Rnd '15
3rd Rnd '16

The Pats should be doing something but god you would think Lang would do something already before anyone worth while is gone.... or teams fill up there team needs and we cant move the guys who have value to us

chopper
01-09-2014, 04:05 PM
theres been a few trades today...

TO SEATTLE
Russel Maxwell
TO LETHBRIDGE
Michal Holub
4th rd 2014

TO PORTLAND
Corbin Boes
TO LETHBRIDGE
Steven Alldridge
Shane McColgan
2nd rd 2014

TO VANCOUVER
Domink Volek
TO RED DEER
4th Rnd '15
3rd Rnd '16

The Pats should be doing something but god you would think Lang would do something already before anyone worth while is gone.... or teams fill up there team needs and we cant move the guys who have value to us

I am totally with you on that one. With everyone around us powering up, what is it we are gunning for? The East Division crown or a playoff spot? If we do nothing neither could happen. Maxwell was a guy I liked and his price reasonable. I am completely at a loss on this one. Completely! The deals we need to make can only be described as mid-range type deals, yet we seemingly can't get that done. There is still some opportunity but time and players are running out.

patsdude114
01-09-2014, 04:52 PM
The Western Hockey League trade deadline is less than 24 hours away. Friday afternoon at 1 PM is the time when all deals must be filed to the league for approval. The Pats are in the thick of the talks ahead of the final horn and I had a chance to sit down with Senior VP and GM Chad Lang to talk about the final few hours leading up.

On what he expects before Friday with so many deals already having been done.

"As you've seen there have been a number of transactions in the league, the majority of those involving 20 year olds and guys looking to acquire 20 year olds. Unfortunately there wasn't fits there for our hockey club. As I indicated going into it we really like our three 20 year olds, for us to do anything in that way would have to either be a significant upgrade for our team right now or in the future. We are still fielding calls and we will see what the next 24 hours brings."

Are you approaching the deadline in a way that you want to add to this team?

"Well we've always said from day one that we will continue to try and tinker with the lineup and fill some gaps if there is that possibility but when you look around the league and the lack of depth around the league it makes it tough. There's few sellers on the market, there's a lot of guys trying to buy or add some depth to their lineups. Again if something comes in the last wee hours that wows us that we cant refuse then definitely we will consider it. But as we move forward into today and tomorrow we will continue to evaluate some of the players on the table and see if they can help our hockey club."

Have you had offers for some of the older guys?

"I can honestly says I have had dialogue with two teams regarding a couple of our older players. We had an offer provided to us including a couple of draft picks but not picks and yet not picks of any magnitude. When you start talking about those types of players and I think the standard has been set in the league with 1st round picks being moved but we have not been offered a 1st round pick, nor a 2nd round pick. I'm not moving those players out of our roster just for the sake of a pick. It would have to be a player that can step in and contribute and help us int he future."

On his confidence moving forward if no trade materializes.

"We haven't had the second half start that we wanted and yet there's a number of factors that play into that. But were not going to make excuses, we know as a hockey club in order for us to have success we need to play 60 minutes and we need everybody contributing. I thought last night that it showed when our teams playing we can have good results. We got secondary scoring from guys and I thought we moved the puck exceptionally well and played with speed. At the end of the day its not from a lack of trying to add to this team or to upgrade this team. We have spent numerous hours int he office dealing with teams and you need a dance partner. if that dance partner comes in the next 24 hours then we will aggressively pursue it but if it doesn't there's not a lot we can do. We have explored options, we've explored some different things but I've always said it has to be a fit for our hockey club this year and into the future."

The WHL Trade deadline is 1PM Regina time Friday, keep it locked here and on 620 CKRM for all the coverage.

I like it that he isn't willing to move a player just for the sake of getting a draft pick, if its not a quality draft pick there is no reason to even make a trade. My opinion if were not getting a 1st round pick and a quality prospect for Stephenson there is no reason at all to even consider trading him.. Same goes for Leier/Stevenson if there isn't deals on the table as the same as other 20yr olds like a 2nd round pick and a 17 or 18yr old roster player there is no reason to trade him either.

chopper
01-09-2014, 05:46 PM
We have some of the top 20 year olds in the League. One approaching the top 10 in scoring. If there isn't a 1st round (or two 2nd round) + a young roster player in play, then of course there is no point or value in moving them. They are more valuable to the club.

I felt strongly for the past few days that none of the top four would be moved. I also felt after the Marincin debacle Lang would be reluctant to buy big. Based on last year he decided to stand pat after acquiring Samoridny. It's worth noting to where we finished and where Samoridny is now. We didn't strengthen our club one bit.

Accepting we will not be sellers, we haven't even been moderate buyers. Lang has repeatedly said he wants another d-man and a top 6 type forward. He may have to go out of his comfort zone to get those guys. Roster names like Maguire, Brooks, Christopher, Mumby, could be in play for deals we need to make. You have to give to get. I think there would be takers.

With PA, Swift Current, and Brandon (Pilon deal) powering up, we're the only team that hasn't. Unless they move Bartosak and others, it could end up being a fight between us and Red Deer for the final spot. Bartosak vs MacAuley is a match up I wouldn't want once Brent whips them into shape..

chopper
01-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Just noted Red Deer has picked up Aspen Sterzer for Bellerive. Bellerive wasn't producing too much, however Sterzer is producing and is good defensively as well. It looks like Red Deer is stiffening up for a bit of a run as well.

Bighat
01-09-2014, 06:02 PM
Red deer stole that deal away from us. We need to make some moves. Buy buy buy buy no sell sell sell. Just do something.

chopper
01-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Red deer stole that deal away from us. We need to make some moves. Buy buy buy buy no sell sell sell. Just do something.

Yup:)..something happened on the way to the trade deadline. Red Deer got better. Pretty soon there will be nothing on the board, if there isn't already. Lost a 3rd round pick for Pilton, and we couldn't trade him for a bag of pucks. No picks available to make deals.

I truly don't see much if anything happening. If it doesn't involve roster guys then ...zippo!

RWAH
01-09-2014, 08:35 PM
the scouts from Edmonton have been in the Brant Centre lately and I think now that Calgary got Tambilini (spelling) Edmonton may still want to upgrade their o-fence so a deal could still be completed. If its Leier going that way "Riley Keiser would come our way. Edmonton has lost their 2nd pick in 14 and their 6th in 15. As Chopper said need to exchange the 20s plus a young gun rooster player and a 1st or 2nd round pick. I'm sure they have been talking, the pot may improve to a point were a deal can be completed

Sttop
01-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Rankin would have been a nice fit

chopper
01-09-2014, 10:00 PM
Rankin would have been a nice fit

Rankin would have been excellent. I think the same could have been said for Sterzer and Maxwell. Surprisingly we didn't land any of them.

Christopher has 2 points less than Bellerive but is far tougher and a better package. I have a hard time believing we couldn't have put a package together featuring him.

Nothing, nada, squat, zero, zippo, empty....take your choice. Outside of a #5/6 depth d-man we have done the square root of nothing to date. It's disheartening even if we were only looking to tweak the lineup. The pieces we needed to ensure a playoff spot haven't arrived so far. I am highly doubtful they will. Be a buyer/seller/trader but do something. Doing nothing is the worst possible option. All it does is prove management has no vision to the future, short term or long term. It signals they are happy with this entrenched mediocrity. Doing nothing will likely result in similar results as last year from Jan 10th onward.

Bighat
01-09-2014, 11:07 PM
If we end up doing nothing at the deadline this team will suffer next year to the point we could finish in last place.

patsdude114
01-10-2014, 11:07 AM
If we end up doing nothing at the deadline this team will suffer next year to the point we could finish in last place.

I really don't think we will/would finish last just cause we don't make any moves this year at trade deadline. We still have a solid group of '95s returning lead by Klimchuk, Burroughs & baring any trades today or in offseason Gay, Hunt, Williams, Schacher, Hansen (who has been a very realiable player for us) Macguire. Every team goes thru turn overs & looking for the next group of 19 year olds ready to take on bigger roles.

Our 20yr old group may be weak next year but there are teams out there like Seattle who have 10- 19yr olds where I'm sure Lang will upgrade by a trade as most 20yr olds go for very cheap during the offseason & begining of the year. Right now our 20yr olds for next year are Stephenson (if he don't go pro which I'm sure he will) Christoffer, D'Amico, Sinitsyn (if Dallas keeps his rights they may want him back in junior as prior to this year has only played 15ish games over 2 season) & MacAuley (don't want him back though). We started this season with a ton of 19yr olds & now we really only have 2 guys imo that would have a chance at 20yr old spots next year. Christoffer & D'Amico neither guy are going to blow you out of the water I think they both need solid very strong second half's to be even considered as 20yr olds next season.

chopper
01-10-2014, 11:35 AM
I really don't think we will/would finish last just cause we don't make any moves this year at trade deadline. We still have a solid group of '95s returning lead by Klimchuk, Burroughs & baring any trades today or in offseason Gay, Hunt, Williams, Schacher, Hansen (who has been a very realiable player for us) Macguire. Every team goes thru turn overs & looking for the next group of 19 year olds ready to take on bigger roles.

Our 20yr old group may be weak next year but there are teams out there like Seattle who have 10- 19yr olds where I'm sure Lang will upgrade by a trade as most 20yr olds go for very cheap during the offseason & begining of the year. Right now our 20yr olds for next year are Stephenson (if he don't go pro which I'm sure he will) Christoffer, D'Amico, Sinitsyn (if Dallas keeps his rights they may want him back in junior as prior to this year has only played 15ish games over 2 season) & MacAuley (don't want him back though). We started this season with a ton of 19yr olds & now we really only have 2 guys imo that would have a chance at 20yr old spots next year. Christoffer & D'Amico neither guy are going to blow you out of the water I think they both need solid very strong second half's to be even considered as 20yr olds next season.

Finishing last? Who knows for sure but I do know we won't be deep anywhere next year. There is a difference between being deep and being deep in talent! Finishing in the bottom four is a distinct possibility though next season. The biggest setback in addition to a weak carryover is that we are short 3rd and 4th round picks for 2014 and its not a whole lot better in 2015. There are four players who will almost certainly be gone in three months. We will AGAIN not receive anything for them. Is it better to miss the playoffs this year or next year?? The more I read Lang's interview the more unanswered questions there seem to be. He says there hasn't been too much interest (I'm calling BS on that) but even if, has he put it out there that these guys could be available? As a long time fan etc, I find it difficult to believe we couldn't have matched deals that were done. Was there NO reasonable way he could have acquired a centre and another d-man?

Either buy or sell, but to do nothing is unforgivable. It ensures the turnaround of this franchise will again be delayed by an additional couple more years. It's frustrating and maddening as hell. Saying to the fans we have a .500 club and we like it that way and plan to go on forever that way. We're not doing anything to help us this year and we're not doing anything to help us in the years to come. I hope the rumour of ownership change is true. I think we will need more profound changes once that occurs.

chalk_one_up
01-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Pats acquire Wapple. Not sure for who or what.

chopper
01-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Pats acquire Wapple. Not sure for who or what.

Haven't seen that on any site but if it were true, it would make all us posters pretty happy. It would bring down our collective stress level. What happens MacAuley?

chalk_one_up
01-10-2014, 11:58 AM
Haven't seen that on any site but if it were true, it would make all us posters pretty happy. It would bring down our collective stress level. What happens MacAuley?

Daniel Wapple's Twitter.

Fight Guy
01-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Probably won't hear much else till after the deadline passes. If we're lucky, just before.

witness
01-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Have seen it on a couple of twitter accounts now. Latest Rod Peterson's.

chopper
01-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Daniel Wapple's Twitter.

Assuming that deal has gone down, they will have to move MacAuley pretty quickly. Hopefully in a package for a forward, say Tanner Eberle:)

Good find chalk-1-up

chalk_one_up
01-10-2014, 12:10 PM
Assuming that deal has gone down, they will have to move MacAuley pretty quickly. Hopefully in a package for a forward, say Tanner Eberle:)

Good find chalk-1-up

I'm not so sure they will move MacAuley. Maybe Wapple is the insurance. I would assume Schneider gets demoted. I could be wrong.

Winning
01-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Who'd thunk it?? Trader Lang gets a Marginal goalie a Marginal forward for a unproven goalie. Should have got more for Maguire.......tho impressed he got a fifth rounder for McCoy. Saw-off in the end.....don't think things will change. If new ownership is more than just a rumour Lang and Cameron better call a realtor.

patsdude114
01-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Haha I think over over value Maguire he is an extremely soft player, yes he has some skill but he loses virtually every battle he gets in, the McCoy deal yes I'm surprised we got what we got but in the end we still have a very good hockey team here & got a 2nd line center who will be a 20yr old next season. Don't forget that McVeigh was a 2nd round pick who had 40+points last season but has been playing in a checking role this year on a deep MH team.

Lang & Cameron are going no where, Cameron is the best coach we have had here in the last 10yrs hands down

Winning
01-10-2014, 10:00 PM
Don't count on it.

patsdude114
01-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Did something happen in the Maguire deal? did anyone hear?

Maguire is now back on the Pats roster on both the WHL page & the Regina Pats website, along with not on the roster on SC website or on the WHL page....could just be some error's with the internet (like that wouldn't happen) or did the fax machine get jammed at the WHL office and it didn't process? lol

might be looking into it alittle too much but just seems odd is all

nivek_wahs
01-12-2014, 04:13 PM
Did something happen in the Maguire deal? did anyone hear?

Maguire is now back on the Pats roster on both the WHL page & the Regina Pats website, along with not on the roster on SC website or on the WHL page....could just be some error's with the internet (like that wouldn't happen) or did the fax machine get jammed at the WHL office and it didn't process? lol

might be looking into it alittle too much but just seems odd is allI'm not sure.... but the Broncos Twitter feed had him as a scratch last night:

SC Broncos (@SCBroncos) tweeted at 6:20 PM on Sat, Jan 11, 2014:
#SCBroncos Scratches: Spagrud (inj), Maguire, Honka, Harris (inj

Fight Guy
01-12-2014, 04:16 PM
He's on the Broncos roster as number 14. Though I too still see him on our rosters. Probably just a screw up.

Fight Guy
01-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Well, I don't see him on the Bronco roster on the regular site. On the mobile site, he's on the roster as number 14. Huh...that's odd, lol.

patsdude114
01-12-2014, 04:36 PM
im sure its just a screw up but still makes a guy wonder lol like failed a fitness test or something from the broncos lol

witness
01-12-2014, 04:43 PM
I was thinking that he wasn't going to report, so the trade was nullified

chopper
01-12-2014, 05:06 PM
I was wondering if something might have happened with McCoy as well. On Kelowna's sight he has be red X'd off the roster. I would expect both of those trades were conditional to reporting as most are.

Fight Guy
01-12-2014, 06:47 PM
That doesn't seem right. Is that not the other teams gamble if a player who is traded does not want to report?? I could be mistaken, but haven't the Pats been burned on similar situations, when no one wanted to play for the Pats?? What happens if there's a multi-player deal, and one player doesn't want to report? Is the deal re-worked after it has already been processed and players have switched towns?? I don't think picks are conditional if a player doesn't report. Unless there's a chance a player won't report, and the pick is disclosed as conditional.

patsdude114
01-12-2014, 06:48 PM
imo it doesn't even matter if the picks are conditional or not they are such late round picks that they don't overly matter much at all

nivek_wahs
01-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Well if it makes any difference Maguire tweeted this:

Geordie Maguire (@StuMaguire) tweeted at 4:00 PM on Fri, Jan 10, 2014:
Just wanna thank the @WHLpats for everything this past year. Really tough saying goodbye to an awesome group of guys, gonna miss everyone!

Then this:

Geordie Maguire (@StuMaguire) tweeted at 4:03 PM on Fri, Jan 10, 2014:
But on another note, real excited for the fresh start with the @SCBroncos

Fight Guy
01-12-2014, 07:27 PM
imo it doesn't even matter if the picks are conditional or not they are such late round picks that they don't overly matter much at all

This is true, which is why low picks would be exchanged. You're taking a chance on a player who wasn't producing somewhere else. But ya never know. One of those low picks could be a pleasant surprise, like Ebs.

I'm just trying to say, that if a player doesn't report somewhere, it doesn't make the return conditional, unless it's disclosed as conditional. Other wise, that would just open a whole bag a problems for a number of teams.

patsdude114
01-12-2014, 07:29 PM
yep fully agree fight guy