PDA

View Full Version : Blades trade Craig to PA..

Trav
01-08-2014, 02:10 PM
http://www.saskatoonblades.com/article/blades-continue-rebuild-acquire-picks-and-players-from-raiders

Get Tyler Dea, MacKenzie Johnston and picks back.

The Saskatoon Blades and general manager Lorne Molleken are extremely pleased to continue the transition to a younger hockey club by announcing a trade with the Prince Albert Raiders.

The Blades have traded captain Graeme Craig, a 7th round pick in the 2014 WHL Bantam Draft and a 5th round pick in the 2016 WHL Bantam Draft to the Prince Albert Raiders. In return, the Blades receive 1993-born defenceman MacKenzie Johnston, 1995-born defenceman Tyler Dea, a 3rd round pick in the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft and a 5th round pick in the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft.

"We continue the process of getting younger as a hockey club and adding pieces to this rebuild," said Blades general manager Lorne Molleken. "Tyler Dea is a good young defenceman with size, who can step right into our lineup and contribute. MacKenzie Johnston is a veteran in this league, we like the leadership that he brings and he feel that he will be a good character guy in our dressing room."

Dea is in his 1st full WHL season, having appeared in 11 games with the Raiders so far during 2013-14. He's posted a pair of assists, a +1 rating and 2 PIMs. The St. Albert, Alberta product stands 6'4 and was a 6th round selection by the Raiders in the 2010 WHL Bantam Draft. Last season in M-AAA he was an all-star while posting 16 points and 18 PIMs in 32 games with the St. Albert Raiders.

Johnston is in his 5th full WHL season, appearing in 38 games between the Raiders and Kelowna Rockets this season. The 6'2 product of Swift Current, Saskatchewan has put up a goal and 13 points to go along with 8 PIMs in 2013-14. Overall, he's appeared in 269 career regular season WHL games, putting up 46 points and 83 PIMs.

"Trading your captain is never an easy process," added Molleken. "Graeme has been a true leader as a member of the Saskatoon Blades. He's a true pro and a young man with great character. He's meant a lot to this team and to our community. We want to wish him all the best with the Raiders."

The Saskatoon Blades would like to thank Graeme Craig for his time with the organization and would also like to extend a warm welcome to both Tyler Dea and MacKenzie Johnston.

Both new players are expected to dress tonight against the Calgary Hitmen. You can find your tickets for the game by clicking here.

ofhdhdy
01-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Good too get rid of every twenty too get these better/extra draft picks. it's gotta suck for these 20's coming back, going from play-off teams too this team which obviously has no chance now.

Rye
01-08-2014, 10:28 PM
See ya later Revel

curwie
01-08-2014, 11:06 PM
See ya later Revel

Lots of guys saying this lately. Wonder if Lorne pulls the trigger? Personally, I don't think they give up on him so quick. Next years draft will be interesting with 3 second round picks.

Wow Matt dealt to Kamloops!

ofhdhdy
01-09-2014, 02:00 AM
So, does anyone know anything about these two guys we got back in the Revel deal?

Nook
01-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Complete rebuilding. More than I could've ever imagined.

I'm not trying to start rumours, but it would've surprise me if Revel wanted to go play closer to home. I don't get why the Blades would've traded him unless there was an underlying reason.

Excited for the new additions though.

Trav
01-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Not really surprised by the trade of Revel. I was kinda surprised to see Revel not get bumped up to the first line after Burns and Valcourt were moved, figured he'd have a shot.

It's made me wonder if something was going on behind the scenes to.

I personally think the Blades did good in the deal, get hopefully a young D-man that will help with the rebuilding of the defense with Nogier back next season. Hopefully he'll report.