PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Trade Deadline

lethbridgefan83
01-09-2014, 12:09 PM
Boes to Portland for the Rights to Shane McColgan, Steven Aldridge and a 2nd Round Bantam Pick 2014

jkanes
01-09-2014, 12:15 PM
So in total, we traded (D) Clague for (G) Skinner, (F) Alldridge, (F) McColgan, and a 2nd rounder...

Rye
01-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Back to the place where it all began. Been waiting for this announcement all week!

lethbridgefan83
01-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Sure its the First of many trades before tomorrow..
I would imagine that up for grabs would be:
Wong
Maxwell - Traded to Seattle
Ramsay
Sheen
Derko? (I heard that his injury may be a season ender though)
Walters
Bell
Erkamps (Another name I have heard being discussed, but not sure how much I beleive it)

I would think untouchable would be:
Estephan
Duke
Watson

Everyone else would probably fall into if the right offer comes along group.

Current Upcoming 20 YO would be
Maxwell
Sheen
Walters
Bell

I would think that its highly unlikely that McColgan reports, unless his agent thinks he is going to be playing 1st line minutes so he can get a look by a pro team.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
01-09-2014, 01:18 PM
Who is going to play in goal for the Canes? Do we bring Tai back? Another trade for a goalie yet to happen? Is Hogue really a WHL caliber goalie (NO)? Who would be his back-up?

shushu
01-09-2014, 02:22 PM
BR got a good return for boes to say the least..finally we don't have to hear the whining about how clague was given away for free.....

jkanes
01-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Russ Maxwell to Seattle for '93 (F) Seth Swenson, '96 (F) Michael Holub, & 4th round pick in 2014.

Meanwhile, Seattle now has 4 19yr old Former Canes...

Goodluck to Maxy in Seattle.

lethbridgefan83
01-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Hurricanes trade Russell Maxwell to Seattle for Seth Swenson, Michael Holub and a 4th round pick.

Derek Sutton
01-09-2014, 05:50 PM
So its not enough to have players leave the team, now Robson is trading for players that have walked out their teams, this really does nothing to address the leadership issues. Both Mclogan and Holub have quit already this year. It appears Robson is taking whom ever off the scrap heap to help other teams clear roster spots.

Robson has picked up two draft picks for Boes and Maxwell, none of the other players will have any sort of impact here, should any of them even report. Swenson may take up a roster spot for the rest of the season but Alldrige? Robson will say he is a late bloomer yadda yadda yadda, tell lies about how good of a player Holub is....

I think both of these trades are decent return for the two players, but I hope most see it, and Robson admits it, that the 2nd and 4th round picks are the only thing of any value that the team got.

shushu
01-10-2014, 01:54 AM
that we traded an average 20 years old goalie, and a 5'8 19year old that wont be back next year...I love russ but he aint conner rankin...and as for the new kids coming in i'm happy that robson pick these kids up and see if they develop or not, it gotta be tough to crack portlands/ seattle lineup...look at yak/sam there the checking line..the one thing I wish for is that they would take some of the high pick and couple them up with a older player and bring in younger PROVEN TALENT so we don't have to find out 3 years down the road their drafting skills haven't improved much.....

chalk_one_up
01-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Sounding like Ramsey to Seattle.