PDA

View Full Version : REG/MH Trade

chalk_one_up
01-10-2014, 12:33 PM
http://www.reginapats.com/article/pats-complete-multi-player-deal-with-medicine-hat

To Regina:
Logan McVeigh
Daniel Wapple

To Medicine Hat:
Nick Schneider
2016 3rd round pick

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-10-2014, 12:49 PM
a little bit of risk involved here. McVeigh has shown periods of potential, but hes been bounced around a bit for awhile now....and Wapple was once highly touted but is he essentially what Schneider would be a year or two ahead of schedule or another bandaid like Macauley?

Either way, I like the trade. We get better without compromising much at all for later seasons.

patsdude114
01-10-2014, 01:15 PM
McVeigh does help us down the middle as a 2nd line center and Wapple will push MacAuley and im sure will take over the reins soon enough as our #1 guy.

Im not 100% sold on this trade though, Scheinder has looked very good for us as a 16yr old goalie and him & Chapman I think would of been a great tandem in the future. I get that you gotta give something up to get something but im just not sold on this trade as of yet. If McVeigh can finally live up to his potential then im all for it but as of now he just hasn't met his potential.

RWAH
01-10-2014, 01:36 PM
PD114 i'm with you unsure if this is a help. I like adding McVeigh but he needs to buy into the team and live up to his potencial. Going back to a comment coach Cameron made that possible the decline in MacAuley's play was fatique the Wappel trade will help. He could become the #1 guy and at the very least he can play more games than Schneider. Schneider (not knocking him, he is only 16) the last 2 starts , he could not play a complete game. Wappels GAA and SV% numbers are better than MacAuley's.
Last thought is our roster is now 26 players. Is there a maximum number in the league?

witness
01-10-2014, 01:37 PM
I hate to see Schneider go. I thought he could be a big building block for the future.
I like McVeigh and have since he was a 16 year old in PA. MH had him in a checking role. Maybe why his points are low. But, I think he is a solid player and should be considered for a 20 next year.

If my memory serves me correct about Wapple, he is hot and cold. When he is hot, he has the ability to steal games (just what the Pats need). Hopefully, he can be more consistent with the Pats.

This trade makes the Pats better this year and next year.

patsdude114
01-10-2014, 01:41 PM
Im not sure on the total numbers for the league rosters but I think we will see Dane Schioler being reassigned back to Jr. A

McVeigh is a founder 2nd round pick of Kamloops maybe he just hasn't had the opportunity in defensive minded coaching systems (most recent PA & MH) was McVeigh the centerman for Leier last season? as McVeigh did put up 43pts (19goals) last season as a 18yr old, he has kind of fallen back abit this year in his production but from another forum board the Tiger fans were saying he was just a 3rd line center this season which would result in less production.

witness
01-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Maguire's name has been taken off of the Pats roster on the WHL website

patsdude114
01-10-2014, 01:55 PM
& added to Swift Current's roster

patsdude114
01-10-2014, 01:59 PM
McCoy traded to KEL for a 5th rd pick in 2016

Maguire to SC for 6th rd pick in 2015

Trav
01-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Maguire for a 6th seems kinda low. Wouldn't have minded if the Blades gave up for a 6th for him.

RWAH
01-10-2014, 02:40 PM
That gets our Num. to 24. Nice to get the number down and get some draft picks but they are late rounds.

trucker
01-10-2014, 02:59 PM
What kind of player are the Broncos getting in MacGuire?

RWAH
01-10-2014, 03:44 PM
had some big offensive numbers in Midget but the Pats never saw that. Good grinder, uses his size well, wins his share of battles on the boards certainly will not hurt your 3 or 4 line and has enough touch to score a few goals.

trucker
01-10-2014, 03:47 PM
What's the reason you think, that Lang gave him to us for only a 6th round pick? Seems like a pretty decent deal for the Broncos?

patsdude114
01-10-2014, 03:57 PM
imo Maguire is soft along the boards (like most kids now a days) he has some offensive flare to him but I think he is more of a project then anything else. He skates well I think he would be a good 3rd line guy for you guys this year and next year would easily be on your 2nd line

witness
01-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Maguire has decent hands, size and skating ability.

Good grinder, uses his size well, wins his share of battles on the boards

OK RWAH, I don't know if we are watching the same player, but he wins zero battles along the boards. As a matter of fact, last game, he managed to lose a battle against himself and coughed up the puck in the neutral zone.

In the past month the Pats gave him every opportunity to contribute. Gave him first line minutes with Chandler during Klimchuk's injury. In my eyes, he was noticeably unimpressive.

Good on Lang for getting something for him. With the players acquired today, there would not be a spot for him on the top three lines. Maguire would just be taking ice time away from Wagner, Zimmer and Schioler.

If Maguire could ever put it together, he does have some skill. He just lacks on the 'want'.

Winning
01-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Who'd thunk it?? Trader Lang gets a Marginal goalie a Marginal forward for a unproven goalie. Should have got more for Maguire.......tho impressed he got a fifth rounder for McCoy. Saw-off in the end.....don't think things will change. If new ownership is more than just a rumour Lang and Cameron better call a realtor.

PS: looks like they won't have to worry about Schioler's icetime; back to Portage. Too bad, only saw MH game but was really impressed, good vision, physical, and scored......needs to work on speed.

patsdude114
01-10-2014, 10:01 PM
Schoiler needs to work on a lot more then his skating, hopefully he comes back at next year's training camp a much better player after getting a taste of the WHL & what it takes on a regular basis to play game in & game out. If he doesn't he will be dropped off the 50PL before October to make room for another guy who is progressing.

Winning
01-10-2014, 10:07 PM
As I said, only saw MH game. That's what I saw there.

Bighat
01-10-2014, 10:51 PM
Swift will drop McGuire before playoffs, he's too 1 dimensional not a good playmaker and horrible in his own end.

Fight Guy
01-10-2014, 11:06 PM
All I ever noticed out of him was that he was good when he has complete control of the puck when entering the zone and has good hands when around the net, but more often than not, fails to finish. He can dangle around a couple defenders, but if he gets stopped by one, the puck will be turned over.