PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs Hitmen

patsdude114
01-10-2014, 05:27 PM
well on the day of the trade deadline Lang was busy bringing in 2 players & 2 future draft picks as well as moving out 2 roster players and 1 who left the team.

I doubt Wapple or McVeigh make it to Regina in time for the game tonight so 1 more night of our roster before trade deadline just minus Scheinder & Maguire.

My guess would be Krammerer will get back into the lineup tonight after his WJ experience. Hope he has came back a better player with alittle more confidence after playing against the best junior players in the world (who weren't in the NHL) would be nice if he could find a scoring touch in the second half of the year.

I'm very interested in watching Tambellini play his WHL debut he put up 1g3a against Saskatoon, as a 3rd round pick of the NYR he is a very nice pick up by CGY I'm surprised he just didn't play for Portland... the rich always seem to get richer what year does it take for the Pats to be considered the rich in the WHL?? 2020 maybe???

chalk_one_up
01-10-2014, 05:36 PM
well on the day of the trade deadline Lang was busy bringing in 2 players & 2 future draft picks as well as moving out 2 roster players and 1 who left the team.

I doubt Wapple or McVeigh make it to Regina in time for the game tonight so 1 more night of our roster before trade deadline just minus Scheinder & Maguire.

My guess would be Krammerer will get back into the lineup tonight after his WJ experience. Hope he has came back a better player with alittle more confidence after playing against the best junior players in the world (who weren't in the NHL) would be nice if he could find a scoring touch in the second half of the year.

I'm very interested in watching Tambellini play his WHL debut he put up 1g3a against Saskatoon, as a 3rd round pick of the NYR he is a very nice pick up by CGY I'm surprised he just didn't play for Portland... the rich always seem to get richer what year does it take for the Pats to be considered the rich in the WHL?? 2020 maybe???

He would have played in Portland, but sanctions got in the way. He'll have to get his cell phone in Calgary I guess :D.

The rich always do get richer hey? There has to be something to this. Like when a player leaves college, why is it Vancouver, Portland, Medicine Hat Calgary or Edmonton are always the benefactors? I guess we just don't have the $$$ to shell out to buy players in smaller markets.

patsdude114
01-10-2014, 06:18 PM
Well to be fair small market Brandon wheat kings did get peter quennville from NCAA as well after they traded for his rights but I'm about 99% sure only reason he went to brandon was to play with his younger brother john

Fight Guy
01-10-2014, 06:42 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Wapple and McVeigh were both in the line-up tonight. They got the news before noon, which leaves plenty of time to get in the line-up. I recall seeing players play the night of the deadline after being traded that afternoon, and that was when the deadline wasn't till later in the afternoon.

patsdude114
01-10-2014, 06:47 PM
Wapple is the backup tonight but McVeigh is not dressed

patsdude114
01-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Best game of the year by far, the Pats have proved they can play with the big boys this year but then we play against a lesser team & we struggle if we can find consistancy we could easily give SC a run for the division as they struggle with consistancy as well either way a 5th or 6th finish should be attainable.

MacAuley has finally put together back to back solid starts, 1st time since November, I hope Wapple can push him to be better each & every game. Scheinder waas good but at 16 he just couldn't push MacAuley the way he needs to be pushed.

We could actually have 3 good lines not 3 scoring lines but 3 lines that can be relied on, putting McVeigh as the #2 center & getting Chirstoffer back into the lineup. I would love to see D'Amico on the RW with Stephenson & Klimchuk, he has been playing great as of late & he seems to do things quicker then Gay does which Klimchuk & Stephenson need. Don't get me wrong Gay is good with still a lot of upside to him just don't think he is ready for top line minutes on a nightly basis.

Fight Guy
01-10-2014, 10:51 PM
We're really starting to see out of D'Amico what we did last season in training camp. It's nice that he's found his confidence and is fitting in well with the fast puck moving top lines. I'm really hoping McVeigh does what every other player the Pats have traded away that wasn't playing well does. Which is playing better on another team. Hoping playing with the top forwards on the Pats will see him be more productive on the score sheet. I'd imagine he'll be in the line-up tomorrow night.

Was hoping to see Schacher a bit more tonight, but looks like he is probably going to see less ice time until he gets a full week of practice in. Might play more tomorrow night, being against the Blades.

If the Pats knew how to play 50-60 minute games all season, they would easily be in front of the Broncos right now. The team knows how to do it, they just need to stick with it and play hard all the time. Hopefully a game like tonight will keep them motivated.

On a side note, I think Lang successfully did what we all mostly wanted, and that was a tinkering. It's still yet to see if the moves pay off, but I have a good feeling about McVeigh. The one player I didn't want to see going the other way in that deal though, was Schneider. He looked like he could have been a future star here. But as was said, he's too young and inexperienced to push MacAuley. Wapple was a good pick up. The Pats have been playing some good hockey again here and have 7 of a possible 8 points in they're last four games. Let's hope for some consistency from here on out.

Tonight was also a good game for a larger crowd to be at. The Pats knocking off the top team in the East might help some of those fans come back more often.

chopper
01-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Best game of the year by far, the Pats have proved they can play with the big boys this year but then we play against a lesser team & we struggle if we can find consistancy we could easily give SC a run for the division as they struggle with consistancy as well either way a 5th or 6th finish should be attainable.

MacAuley has finally put together back to back solid starts, 1st time since November, I hope Wapple can push him to be better each & every game. Scheinder waas good but at 16 he just couldn't push MacAuley the way he needs to be pushed.

We could actually have 3 good lines not 3 scoring lines but 3 lines that can be relied on, putting McVeigh as the #2 center & getting Chirstoffer back into the lineup. I would love to see D'Amico on the RW with Stephenson & Klimchuk, he has been playing great as of late & he seems to do things quicker then Gay does which Klimchuk & Stephenson need. Don't get me wrong Gay is good with still a lot of upside to him just don't think he is ready for top line minutes on a nightly basis.

Excellent game and the score actually flattered the Hitmen. Very sad to lose Schneider as he has the tools to be an all-star goalie in a year or two. Thought Maguire could have drawn more. He has 14 points which is only 3 fewer than Mcveigh. Don't forget we also got to give up a 3rd round pick. Lets see what MvVeigh can do with Leier as I think thats what they wanted for him. We should be able to assemble three decent lines. If the work ethic can be at 85% of what we saw tonight we should do OK. You hope that Chapman can bring the swagger Schneider had. WE will do fine if McVeigh and Wapple bring some contributions to our club. Time will tell but it stings to lose Schneider.

patsdude114
01-10-2014, 11:39 PM
You hope that Chapman can bring the swagger Schneider had.
Time will tell but it stings to lose Schneider.

Chapman was actually better then Scheinder in camp but being 15 there was only 1 option for him... I haven't looked for stats on Chapman lately but I guess I know what ill be doing later tonight or tomorrow now....

nevermind was a very quick search since I have the league he plays in, in my favorites.... he actually has better numbers then the starter & the only shutouts on his team

8-2-1 .927SV% 2.36GAA 2SO

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-11-2014, 07:07 AM
the pats always do this. For years. Every once in awhile they'll win against a contending team like this, or beat the team with the league's best player on it(especially it seems right after a trade is made)...but then they get blown out by lethbridge the next day or something and play an awful next 10 games or so.

Not to say this is a bad thing but I think when looking in the past for patterns, this isn't a sign of things to come.

Sttop
01-11-2014, 07:17 AM
McVeigh wasent on a checking line in pa . He always played with McNeill . He was always behind the play which didn't make sense because he wasn't good in his own end. He did put up decent points but mainly 2nd assist and empty net goals... Not really a fan here but don't want to many people getting there hopes up

patsdude114
01-11-2014, 12:14 PM
McVeigh wasent on a checking line in pa . He always played with McNeill . He was always behind the play which didn't make sense because he wasn't good in his own end. He did put up decent points but mainly 2nd assist and empty net goals... Not really a fan here but don't want to many people getting there hopes up

Come on sttop don't crush our dreams of him being the missing piece already at least be a gentleman and let us figure it out for ourselves lmao

chopper
01-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Chapman was indeed very good at camp. I liked him a lot and having two good guys only one year apart gave then some options.

SAJ is right that this team does play down to it's opposition much too often. The Pats have to learn that they way they played last night has to be the standard every game. Calgary didn't have last change but they worked hard, very hard. We have to learn to outwork our opposition badly like the great teams do. If we do that great things can happen. The Pats now know what they will now face in a playoff series once the shooting starts for real.

Sttop
01-11-2014, 01:02 PM
Come on sttop don't crush our dreams of him being the missing piece already at least be a gentleman and let us figure it out for ourselves lmao

Lol I ment to say he is probably a great team guy and skates like the wind. He will fit in fine on a 2nd or 3rd line. Just don't look for him to lead the play or anything. Look at the plus side , I think I could put up points playing with the Pats top 6 lol

patsdude114
01-11-2014, 01:35 PM
Lol I ment to say he is probably a great team guy and skates like the wind. He will fit in fine on a 2nd or 3rd line. Just don't look for him to lead the play or anything. Look at the plus side , I think I could put up points playing with the Pats top 6 lol

Well I hope McVeigh does produce him and Leier had a lot of chemistry last year in MH, here's hoping for Pat fans that they can rekindle that chemistry and give us 2 strong lines....

With that said though I have really like D'Amico as the 2nd line center between Leier & Stevenson in his 3 games centering that line D'Amico has 1g3a & hasn't looked out of place at all, he has a quick release and is a very strong kid. I wish the Pats had reassigned him to Jr. A after he came back from his injury last year, since he has came back from Jr. A after xmas he has been 1 of the best Pats on a nightly basis..... I would really like to see him on RW with Stephenson and Klimchuk though I think D'Amico does things quicker then Gay

RWAH
01-11-2014, 01:56 PM
Just suppose:

We catch Swift and end in first in the division. We get seeded (for the first round) as 2nd in the conference and play the 7th place team and get home arena advantage. After the first round seeding is by regular season points.

The last two games against Brandon could be very important.

Just suppose:

RWAH
01-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Agree with you PD114 MacAuley has played the last two games much better and more like he played in November. Here's hoping it continues.

My thought was we played a great games but in the 3rd period we were not aggressive enough on the for check. Calgary spent way too much time in our end. We did not start a for check inside the Calgary blue line. It looked like we were playing a trap but it could also be Calgary just stepped it up.

A dangerous strategy if it was just playing to protect the lead.

patsdude114
01-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Yes RWAH I agree with you with the trap/no forecheck comment, I'm not a fan of changing it up from what was working for you for the 1st 2 periods now with that said Calgary is a very good team & we didn't want to get caught in the offensive zone too deep as they are a very quick transition team. We do have to learn to plaay defense & what better way then to prove to the boys we can shut it down against the best teams in the league. Hopefully last nights game was a huge confidence builder.

RWAH
01-11-2014, 04:14 PM
We did that third period trap and protect the lead with PA and lost a 6 goal lead.

patsdude114
01-11-2014, 05:55 PM
We did that third period trap and protect the lead with PA and lost a 6 goal lead.

well it was a 5 goal lead but still unacceptable at this age level, hoping they learned there lesson from that game & they did hold on good against CGY which is nice to see in the end I just hate that dropping back and playing defense all period.

Got the game ordered tonight already looking forward to seeing how we look after a very strong performance last night

patsdude114
01-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Didn't expect the Pats to get up so early into this game but grabbing a 4-0 lead 10mins into the game & 5-0 lead after the 1st period let us roll all 4 lines & 7 Dmen for the rest of the night.

The Pats have no grabbed 9 of a possible 10 points in their last 5 games & are 1 point out of 1st in our division (2nd in conference) with SC losing tonight 3-0 to RD....

Wapple got the win for us tonight and McVeigh didn't dress again, prob easier to make him watch another game and get a full week of practice in before Friday's game against Kootenay. Wapple looked good when he was tested he stood no chance in hell on the Sanvido goal as Sinitsyn blew a tire and gave the Blades a 2-0

Our PK has been much better as of late I think we are 11for12 in our PK over the last 3 games now, still with those good numbers we are still sitting dead last in the PK just goes to show how bad the PK was in the 1st 1/2 of the year.

Things are looking up here lately alittle streak going now and the boys are no longer thinking about the trade deadline as the players themselves (Stephenson & leier mainly) have said it did effect them a lot. Keep it rolling boys cant wait til Friday night now

Fight Guy
01-11-2014, 09:52 PM
It was said in the pre-game that McVeigh has a minor upper body injury and is waiting until Friday against Kootenay.

RWAH
01-11-2014, 10:17 PM
I could not watch or listen to the game but good on the team with a great streak going.
Attendance: On Friday the Pats host the 1st place Hitmen, have the super fan (Hughes) in the building. They are a team that is playing aggressive offensive hockey and last have 2 players in the top 15 of the league, We draw under 4400. Stoon tonight with a team second from last in the conference almost 200 goals against, and last in the division but more than 4900 fans show up.
What is wrong with the Regina Fans.

chopper
01-11-2014, 10:31 PM
It was two points and now the Broncos can feel the wolves nipping at their heels. Good in the first, MIA in the second and half the third. I wonder what type of score we would see if they brought it for 60 against these lower tier clubs.

D'amico had another point. he is fast and physical and a bit of a nose for the net. Gay has better hands but his foot speed isn't there. I don't see him as a first or second line guy. Bringing in McVeigh has made them faster. It is an area that i have long felt the Pats could use more of.

Christopher has been away longer than it was initially thought. He is a valuable player for this team. I am however having some problems with Kammerer. I know he's a project etc., but I've been waiting for a breakthrough. I'm just not seeing it. Hopefully something by seasons end. Sinitsyn's situation could be up in the air depending on Dallas. Could be interesting at the import draft.

patsdude114
01-11-2014, 10:33 PM
We draw under 4400. Stoon tonight with a team second from last in the conference almost 200 goals against, and last in the division but more than 4900 fans show up.
What is wrong with the Regina Fans.

I think for the most part people are just sick and tired of supporting the Parker's no matter if Brent isn't here or not the Parker's have over stayed their welcome with a lot of fans here & people are finding other ways to spend their entertainment money.

No matter how much Vanstone praises the Pats in the paper it will not matter in attendance figures imo I know a few people alone who have no interest in going to games anymore until the Parker's sell, im sure we all know a few people who don't want to support the team anymore if the Parker's are still owning it

patsdude114
01-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Good in the first, MIA in the second and half the third. I wonder what type of score we would see if they brought it for 60 against these lower tier clubs.

I don't think it was so much the Pats going MIA it was more just the Blades starting to play hockey, they may be not the most skilled team but they do work hard, they haven't been blown out much this season... give the Blades abit of credit. Yes im sure the Pats let off the gas alittle, does it really matter if you win by 4 goals or 4+ goals? it was a game where everyone was able to play & everyone did play like I said above we rolled all 4 lines and used all 7 Dmen in this game on a regular basis.

D'amico had another point. he is fast and physical and a bit of a nose for the net. Gay has better hands but his foot speed isn't there. I don't see him as a first or second line guy. Bringing in McVeigh has made them faster. It is an area that i have long felt the Pats could use more of.

Im really loving D'Amico's game a lot lately he brings it every game, I agree with the Gay comments he does have great hands but his skating is abit of an issue to keep up with the 2 on his line a guy like D'Amico I think could do alittle more of the dirty work then what Gay is capable of... by no means am I knocking Gay he has been a solid player for us this year just don't think he is ready for #1 minutes on a regular basis.

Christopher has been away longer than it was initially thought. He is a valuable player for this team. I am however having some problems with Kammerer. I know he's a project etc., but I've been waiting for a breakthrough. I'm just not seeing it. Hopefully something by seasons end. Sinitsyn's situation could be up in the air depending on Dallas. Could be interesting at the import draft.

I for 1 can not wait til Christoffer gets back into action I would expect him to be ready to go by next weekend. As for Krammerer yes he is a euro but I think a lot of people forget that he is only 17yrs old, older euro's struggle with our game over here leat alone a young 17yr old who is only 155lbs, Lang said all along that Krammerer was going to be a project player when they drafted him and nothing has changed about that, he hasn't hurt us by any means...

RWAH
01-11-2014, 11:16 PM
I will admit that Brent Parker stayed too long and was not good enough on the hockey side. He did however do what he thought was best for the team.

One must remember what it was when they purchased the team. a season ticket base less than 1000. a PL with the skill level of a midget team. and little corporate sponsorship. Now Brent had very poor and public relations with the EX building lease, paid parking, etc

That is all in the past. The team now has a respectable PL. A larger season ticket base, Cooperation between them and the EX . and mostly good people on the hockey operation side. The team is a good community members and supporter.

To not go to games because Russ Parker and his wife own the team. They must be wearing blinders and can not see the total picture

Bighat
01-12-2014, 11:17 AM
A lot of people aren't going to the games because of the parking situation and the grappy parking lot, or lack of snow removal. Why in the world would you build the football stadium their.

patsdude114
01-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Its a great location for the football stadium but yes I agree with the current mess they have the parking lot in that could be a very valid reason as well. I have always thought to myself what a fun time it would be to try & get out of that lot if we did get 5000+ for a game but in the end nothing could be worse then trying to get out of an event/game up in saskatoon.

chopper
01-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Everybody has their own pet peeve when it comes to going to games. The biggest single factor to poor attendance is "WNNING". For about 20 years this team hasn't gone past the second round of the playoffs. A couple of pennants, lots of first round exists, and in the last several years lots of missed playoffs. That can't be defined as elite or dynasty. Portland, Kelowna, and Edmonton have that honour. Until we get to that level and stay there for four or five years, nothing will change much. You will never win a league championship until your in the 100+ point range. If you build it they will come!

Bighat
01-12-2014, 06:16 PM
I have to strongly disagree with it being a perfect location, too many busy facilities on the same property, trains trains and more trains zero parking and horrible in and out traffic flow. The 80's when we were winning 40 games every season the place was full, even the early 2000's there were 5000 at every game. The league is a little watered down and the play shows it attendance is down in every rink in the dub. We need to get rid of 2-3 teams and get teams deeper in talent or kids (adults) play too much xbox.

patsdude114
01-12-2014, 06:47 PM
I have to strongly disagree with it being a perfect location, too many busy facilities on the same property, trains trains and more trains zero parking and horrible in and out traffic flow.

Why is it only in Saskatchewan do people care about parking? have you ever been to a NFL football game before or even seen pictures of the parking around there stadiums? There is hardly any, there is a reason why cause they want people taking the public transit to these events to limit the traffic in the area's.... also how is it any different then where Taylor Field is already? people park in the Co-operator's parking lot and the Brandt Center parking lot already so how is that going to be any different from when the stadium is complete?

Also about the train comments incase you haven't noticed there is 2 underpasses within walking distance of where the stadium is going to be built, on Albert St & Lewvan Dr so that is a non issue. Elphinstone St is not meant for the heavy traffic of these events it never has been never will be... Ive also heard some real changes coming for when the the new stadium is built involving traffic I don't know if you have ever been to Edmonton for a football game or not but you cant get anywhere close to the football stadium in a car/truck cause the city police block it all off, only city transit or cabs can get access past those points.. ive heard that's what the city of regina police are putting in place for the new stadium & may come into effect even sooner as a trail run....

Saskatchewan is so far behind in the times and its the old guy mentality that slow's this province down.

Fight Guy
01-12-2014, 07:21 PM
If parking is keeping fans away from Pats games, then that is just sad. It doesn't keep fans away from the Riders, where it is chaos trying to get anywhere around the stadium after a game. Like PD114 said, other cities close off an area around the venue, and you have to walk. People complaining about the stadium location are just pissed off a new stadium is being built in the first place. The new location is literally three blocks away, down the 10th Ave. It's going to be pretty well the same as before. Once Taylor Field land is redeveloped, it might cut down on space, but that won't stop the fans from coming. What if it was built on Dewdney, like the original plan?? Parking would be even worse! Also, it's not like they are going to book a number of things on a Rider game day. There are 10 pre/reg season games a year. The place will be shut down during Rider games, other than game day attractions, which we could see end up in other buildings on site.

Enough about the stadium though. Everyone who is for it, all know that there are number of people who aren't, and both sides will never get one another to see eye to eye. It's the Sask mentality. Hell, people want expensive renovations done to 80 year old schools when a brand new school can be built and serve it's purpose for many more years than structural renos will last. I understand people like the history behind things and don't want to see it disappear, but sometimes new better.

We're also in a province where booze can now be legally served during wet t-shirt contests and striptease performances. No nudity though. Better lock up you're daughters because according to older Sask residents, strip clubs and alcohol are going to lead to rape!! When in actuality, it will probably reduce the chance of rape.

The Pats attendance?? ...poor teams and lack of interest. Plain and simple. Like chopper said, the teams have been piss poor for the past couple decades. The only seasons we saw high attendances were years when they sold the farm and brought in good players. The last year we saw decent crowds was when Ebs was still around, and those crowds weren't even that good. If people come out and see the Pats play good hockey and put some solid wins together in front of these people, they will want to come back. And if that happens, chances are the crowd will be younger and hopefully not give a crap about the old people who don't like cheering at games. Fans want to see good teams win games. Until the Pats can prove this to the fans that have left or non fans, it's not going to get any better. I could be wrong, but these last few years where we only made the playoffs once, is the worst stretch in Pats history. The fans didn't come out when the Riders sucked 15-20 years ago. Now they've been in the upper echelon of the league for the past seven or so seasons, and the place is hard to find decent tickets together.

There were fans who were won back by the Hitmen game the other night. Fans who haven't see the Pats this exciting in years. If they continue to play well here, the attendance will begin to rise again. Russ may still be an issue for some, but that doesn't mean new fans can't come and enjoy the team.

I'm not sure if everything I've said makes sense at points, but that's just a good old fashioned ramblin!

Bighat
01-12-2014, 07:59 PM
I've been too lots of games in the states and I take the subway to the games and yes it's quick and painless. Problem with regina is we don't have efficient transportation. Parking is simply reduced by building the stadium where people already park. As for trains the subways are not in play. While we're at it put a roof on it and then it's a year round facility. Oh well it's being built where they want and I'll go to rider games and pats games. The location takes the old superstore out for parking. I guess we can park at rambler park and walk over lots of room their.

patsdude114
01-12-2014, 08:01 PM
I've been too lots of games in the states and I take the subway to the games and yes it's quick and painless. Problem with regina is we don't have efficient transportation. Parking is simply reduced by building the stadium where people already park. As for trains the subways are not in play. While we're at it put a roof on it and then it's a year round facility. Oh well it's being built where they want and I'll go to rider games and pats games. The location takes the old superstore out for parking. I guess we can park at rambler park and walk over lots of room their.

my last post reguarding the stadium as this is not the place for it but the old superstore is still a heck of a lot closer then Rambler Park is