PDA

View Full Version : Pats in AB to play CGY & EDM

patsdude114
01-21-2014, 12:10 PM
I'm curious to see what Regina Pats team shows up in these 2 games, we've played both teams well this year but also have taken beatings from them as well. This Pats team needs to find some consistency if they are going to have any sort of success moving forward & as the playoffs approach.

chopper
01-21-2014, 11:15 PM
I'm curious to see what Regina Pats team shows up in these 2 games, we've played both teams well this year but also have taken beatings from them as well. This Pats team needs to find some consistency if they are going to have any sort of success moving forward & as the playoffs approach.

Geez did we ever get a resounding answer to that question. Played a decent first but too many outside shots. Horrible second and average third. Calgary backed off and protected the win.

patsdude114
01-22-2014, 11:59 AM
The thing that is so disheartening about our team is that the good, the bad & the avg can all show up in the exact same game. Which was a prime example of last nights game, the 1st period we controlled the play out worked them but gave up a 5on3 PP goal (2nd penalty was the dread delay of game shotting puck into crowd on clear attempt) the 2nd period we stopped skating for whatever reason & CGY took full advantage of this & basically buried us in that period. The 3rd period was avg, CGY just locked it down like what was said above we got back to skating but it was too late anyways.

It sure would be nice to string together 3 solid 60minute efforts & prove to themselves & to their fans that this team can find that consistant play. What teaam shows up tonight????? Only 8hrs to find out

chopper
01-22-2014, 12:24 PM
The thing that is so disheartening about our team is that the good, the bad & the avg can all show up in the exact same game. Which was a prime example of last nights game, the 1st period we controlled the play out worked them but gave up a 5on3 PP goal (2nd penalty was the dread delay of game shotting puck into crowd on clear attempt) the 2nd period we stopped skating for whatever reason & CGY took full advantage of this & basically buried us in that period. The 3rd period was avg, CGY just locked it down like what was said above we got back to skating but it was too late anyways.

It sure would be nice to string together 3 solid 60minute efforts & prove to themselves & to their fans that this team can find that consistant play. What teaam shows up tonight????? Only 8hrs to find out

Your spot on about this. The obvious problem is that this type of play isn't good enough to win a playoff spot or one round of playoffs, against a good team. A bad week and we will be scrapping with PA and Red Deer for the right to play Calgary or Edmonton:laugh:

Small nuances to the game that changed it IMO.

(1) Zagraggen had the puck with "no pressure" but panicked and shot it over the glass. He's played for two years in that rink.

(2) Cameron got caught with Kammerer, Brooks, and Hansen up against Padakin's line (#1). They couldn't clear the zone and Mumby had to take a tripping penalty. He just can't get caught like that. The second he saw that line on he has to switch up somebody.

(3) 2-1 game and down a man when Stephenson takes an obvious two hander slash. They score and it's 3-1. He put personal frustration/anger in front of team success. He showed a total lack of leadership.

(4) Not one but two breakaways on the same PP...............:rolleyes:

chopper
01-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Well folks I watched it on my big screen like I do every game. It wasn't much better than the night before. We gave them 8 PP's like the night before and we lost like the night before. We deserved the calls no doubt. Outshot in the third period 19-4 and we looked like a Bantam hockey club. We couldn't get in on their d-men and when we did, we could win a battle against them. Their big forwards skated through and around our d-men at will. Most of our shots were from the perimeter all night. It wasn't pretty to watch. I don't know who would want to face Calgary or Edmonton in the first round! They are big, fast and talented. Even the glass half element has to take a sober look at where this team/organization really stacks up. Even securing a playoff spot will be a huge challenge.

patsdude114
01-23-2014, 10:01 PM
I didn't get to watch this game as I had other plans but doesn't sound like I missed much. Now watch this weekend we will go out & win both games against PG & RD and the Pats faithful will be all excitied again. Some of the posters on Phil's blog & on the Pats facebook page are just out to lunch at times, I would say more of the casual fan makes those posts (which is fine too)

As long as we don't finish 6th or 8th we will be fine for the 1st round, as the rest of the conference is very tight. 1st & 3rd will go to CGY & EDM & they will walk on their oppoents in the 1st round & prob even the 2nd round as well.

There is a lot of false hope with this Pats team but hey still makes it interesting

chopper
01-23-2014, 11:09 PM
I didn't get to watch this game as I had other plans but doesn't sound like I missed much. Now watch this weekend we will go out & win both games against PG & RD and the Pats faithful will be all excitied again. Some of the posters on Phil's blog & on the Pats facebook page are just out to lunch at times, I would say more of the casual fan makes those posts (which is fine too)

As long as we don't finish 6th or 8th we will be fine for the 1st round, as the rest of the conference is very tight. 1st & 3rd will go to CGY & EDM & they will walk on their oppoents in the 1st round & prob even the 2nd round as well.

There is a lot of false hope with this Pats team but hey still makes it interesting

They were crap last night and over the two games we were outscored 10-3. I don't know how much lipstick you would have to put on that pig to make it presentable. I hope they win but I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose both. Edmonton beat PG 7-6 just recently and Red Deer smoked PA 5-0 the other night. I guess we will see tomorrow night. It might be interesting to go back and read Phil's blog comments.