PDA

View Full Version : need 4 points

RWAH
01-31-2014, 11:46 AM
Here is a weekend we need 4 points. We can not take these games lightly the division and or canference is too tight. A 2 or 3 game loosing skid and you could be out of the playoffs.
The last 3 weeks of the schedule will be BIG (9 conference games)
Tonight Brandon is in Calgary and Med Hat is in Swift heres hoping for a little help please

patsdude114
01-31-2014, 01:47 PM
Anything less then 4points will be considered a failure in my eyes and I'm sure in the coaching staff's eyes as well...Im sure tonight Wapple will get the call between the pipes, I think he gives off more energy for the rest of the team, as he is an athletic goalie compared to a puck blocker like MacAuley. Wapple tends to make saves look bigger then they need to be just due to his style but it gives energy to the bench.

I'm sure after this weekend games (if we win them both) Vanstone will be talking about how great of a team the Pats are and why are there so many empty seats in the rink....news flash Vanstone we only look like a great team when we play MJ & SAS when we play teams in around us in the standings its hit and miss how we look

RWAH
01-31-2014, 10:13 PM
1 win 1 to go
This makes at least 3 and maybe 4 games in a row that Zimmer and Wagner have not been dressed? All the players need ice time not suit time, if they don't dress tomorrow that will be more than two weeks between games. I like the coaches we have and the up tempo style they have the team playing but I sometime question their management of the roster (or is that Rooster)(inside joke) and the revolving door on lines.

patsdude114
02-01-2014, 12:02 AM
I knew with the addition of McVeigh it would cut back the ice time/games for Zimmer & Wagner then throw into the mix that Brooks has actually really picked up his game a lot since the xmas break and on top of all that D'Amico was brought back into the fold Hansen has been 1 of our most consistent players all year long. Your not going to sit down any of our top 6 forwards plus throw in Christoffer's name, we have a lot of quality depth yes they may not be elite but the depth is there and the players mentioned above used to be the players in and out of the lineup but now have found there game.

I would be very curious to see just what kind of numbers Trombley could put up on a 1/2 decent team. He was very good tonight and the score was 6-0 the score was very favourable for the Blades too could of easily potted 10 if it wasn't for Trombley making some great saves

chopper
02-01-2014, 11:52 AM
I knew with the addition of McVeigh it would cut back the ice time/games for Zimmer & Wagner then throw into the mix that Brooks has actually really picked up his game a lot since the xmas break and on top of all that D'Amico was brought back into the fold Hansen has been 1 of our most consistent players all year long. Your not going to sit down any of our top 6 forwards plus throw in Christoffer's name, we have a lot of quality depth yes they may not be elite but the depth is there and the players mentioned above used to be the players in and out of the lineup but now have found there game.

I would be very curious to see just what kind of numbers Trombley could put up on a 1/2 decent team. He was very good tonight and the score was 6-0 the score was very favourable for the Blades too could of easily potted 10 if it wasn't for Trombley making some great saves

I agree you can't sit out your older guys, especially down the stretch when your in a battle to make the playoffs. Hanson has started working much harder and smarter. D'Amico has been playing lights out so sitting the young guys is a product of vets playing well. Let's face it; our 16 year olds are not impact or elite players to where we need them in the lineup. It's hoped that next season they turn into valuable 17 year olds, but that remains to be seen next season.

Last night's game is in the book so it's on to tonight's game. We need to bring as good or better effort as you know MJ is tired of losing. However good teams beat teams below them.

Disappointed with the officiating again. It looked like they were trying to officiate by the score. Klimchuk got a couple phantom penalties he was very upset over. In the 1st period they ignored a hook on Klimchuk that could have dangerous as he went head first into the boards. Shymyr called a penalty shot on a call that absolutely didn't call for one. He never signalled it at any point. It caught everyone off guard as it simply wasn't the right call. Cameron was very upset at their work and was as agitated as I've seen him in a while. Saskatoon got away with a couple of spears that Cameron was hot over.

patsdude114
02-01-2014, 12:43 PM
As soon as the hook was made I said right away penalty shot, it was the right call & he did point to center ice right away but when he did there was like 6 players infront of him when he pointed so I'm sure not many people saw him point to center. Mumby took away a scoring chance after the guy got inbehind him for a breakaway that is a penalty shot every time. I agree they missed the hook on Klimchuk in the 1st period & he wasn't happy about it, I don't remember his 1st penalty much but his 2nd was a high stick which was a no brainer.

RWAH
02-01-2014, 01:40 PM
I some what agree the depth vets have been playing well but if your 16s are to be better 17s next season they need playing time this season. It is less risky to play those 16s against the bottom teams in the league (Stoon and MJ) than against Cal and Edm.
Also if you get some injuries in the final weeks you will be forced to play your 16s in a pressure situation and ice time now would help then then.

Looking at the schedule we have 20 games remaining 13 home and 7 road with only one against the west conference, 7 games against the eastern conference west division and 12 in our division.

patsdude114
02-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Having the 16s sit for a few games in a row is not a bad thing, although I do agree that they should be dressed in games against SAS & MJ but even when they are dressed against other teams they rarely actually hurt us, Zimmer & Wagner are good players who have accepted their roles on the team. Yes they are not putting up points but very few 16s really do as there 4th line guys. I do think they should of been in midget this year though playing big minutes & putting up points to boost there confidence, imo only Reagan should of been on the team (hence why he has been dressed lots lately).

My opinion on 16s is much like the NHL taking 18/19yr olds to pro hockey too early. If these players are not playing top 6 mins (top 4 on defense) all they are doing is hurting their development. Look at Brooks for example he played a lot of minutes last season due to injuries but I'd say 90% of those minutes were setup for failure & it hurt his development a lot. He is just starting to become a player lately as he matures he is understanding the game more plus being played in situations where he has a chance to excel.

chopper
02-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Based on the lineup from last night, I don't see who of that group could/should be sat out. Even lower placed teams can be dangerous at this time of year, so finding time for the young guys might be tough.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-01-2014, 09:47 PM
How was Schlenker? Looked like a rather penalty heavy boxscore.

Fight Guy
02-01-2014, 09:53 PM
You can thank Williams for that. Seemed Schlenks was staying away from calling penalties. Williams was kind of a joke the way he called things, but oh well, Pats came away with the win. I liked Leier's roughing penalty at the end for being put in a head lock...

patsdude114
02-01-2014, 10:25 PM
How was Schlenker? Looked like a rather penalty heavy boxscore.

Schlenker was good, Williams on the other hand he is so hit and miss at the best of times and tonight was a miss on both sides. I think he called 85% of the penalties some very questionable calls both ways

RWAH
02-01-2014, 11:15 PM
Agree with the other posters Williams was brutal, Both weak calls and missed calls and Williams let some late player changing. Latter when Schlenker was on the ball and would not allow it . That had the benches not knowing what changes were allowed or not

chopper
02-02-2014, 12:28 AM
Williams didn't do a job expected from a WHL referee. After Leier was hooked down and an obvious penalty, Williams was closest and didn't make the call. Cameron was enraged at the end of the period. Williams went over to the bench at the beginning of the period in an attempt to justify an obvious non-call. It took forever to start the period. You could tell Cameron did not accept Williams explanation and was real hot. I didn't like the work of the refs from the night before much either. Shymyr was terrible.

RWAH
02-02-2014, 10:47 AM
F Y I our win last night and now 59 points ties last seasons total. for clarity we are two more win than last year but the same points as last season

patsdude114
02-02-2014, 11:59 AM
And were in a playoff race, playing way more exciting hockey & actually developing skill with our younger guys instead of forcing each rush into a chip n chase. I'm not sure what yuor trying to say by that comment, were miles ahead of what we ever were under Conacher

RWAH
02-02-2014, 12:18 PM
I was agreeing with you it was just a tid bit of info to reinforce how much better we are. with 19 games to go we equalled last year's production. I have in the past posted, more than once, how much more entertaining the aggressive fore check and puck control style the pats are playing with this years coaching staff.

patsdude114
02-02-2014, 04:28 PM
ahhh yes ok guess I just read too far into it lol but yes its much better hockey all around

dsquared
02-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Tanner Eberle vs Dyson Stevenson Feb 1, 2014 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAbtIzsBjW0)

Ayrton Nikkel vs Dyson Stevenson Jan 31, 2014 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns7QBbulZmE)

patsdude114
02-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Two great tilts by dyson, he does everything a real guy guy. Were going to miss him after this season