PDA

View Full Version : Giants 5 Blazers 3 - Jan 29th, 2014

dondo
01-31-2014, 09:26 PM
Get this done before tonight's game finishes. I am not going to be around the next while. So hopefully the person I have asked to do a quick recap will keep the game log going while I am away.

Giants Quell Blazers
Vancouver 5 Kamloops 3

I wasn’t able to listen to this one, but it sounds like we got off to an early start and then let Kamloops sneak back into the game. Our PP is going nuts these days going 5 for 5 in one game and 3 for 4 in this game. Sward continues to fill the net and it’s good to see him putting together a complete game as of late. I have always had a soft spot for the player and I am happy to see him gain that confidence, elevate his overall game and be rewarded for that effort. The Giants scored three unanswered in the first. The Blazers found twine before the end of the opening frame. They closed the gap to one scoring in the second, but Vancouver used a PP to widen the gap back to one. The teams scored a goal each in the third. I am a bit disappointed to see Lee allow 3 goals on 19 shots, but then I know not the kinds of shots he was facing.

Dalton Sward opened the scoring in the first on the PP. Tyler Morrison had the lone assist. Arvin Atwal added another one a bit later, assisted by Cain Franson and Sward. Dominik Volek found the back of the net at about the three-quarter mark of the period. Tim Traber and Joel Hamilton had the extra points. Kamloops scored one not long after the Volek tally. The Blazers scored another one in the second after the teams went scoreless for the majority of the middle frame. The Giants re-established their two goal bulge with a PP marker in the last minute of the second. Sward got his second on the night assisted by Morrison and Carter Popoff. Again both teams played most of the period, this time the third, before finding the back of the net. The Giants responded a little over a minute later. Franson got the goal, assisted by Mason Geertsen and Popoff.

Team Notes: Thrower out nursing an injury and Brett Kulak was also scratched with some form of ailment. Travis McEvoy was given a penalty shot, but was unable to score.

The Giants out shot the Blazers 31-19 and were 3 for 4 with the man-advantage. The Blazers were 0 for 1 on their lone PP opportunity. Sward had a three point night. Morrison and Popoff had a couple of assists each.

Three Stars

1. Dalton Sward
2. Cole Ully
3. Tyler Morrison