PDA

View Full Version : pats vs blades (yawn)

patsdude114
02-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Well I may take some heat for sying this & thatok I don't care I'm a big boy I can handle it but I kind of hope the Blades beat us tonight, maybe it would wake this damn team up abit & prove to them that they gotta play 60minutes no matter who the F you are playing. I mean look last night MJ gave PA a dirty licken of 7-1 & have this feeling that it is going to turn PA around abit.

I have a feeling MacAuley will be back between the pipes to try & get him rolling abit more to push each goalie to the limits.

chopper
02-08-2014, 03:50 PM
Well I may take some heat for sying this & thatok I don't care I'm a big boy I can handle it but I kind of hope the Blades beat us tonight, maybe it would wake this damn team up abit & prove to them that they gotta play 60minutes no matter who the F you are playing. I mean look last night MJ gave PA a dirty licken of 7-1 & have this feeling that it is going to turn PA around abit.

I have a feeling MacAuley will be back between the pipes to try & get him rolling abit more to push each goalie to the limits.

I wouldn't bet against you because sooner or later it's bound to happen. While we need to and should sweep all the games between us and Saskatoon/Moose Jaw, I'm more than a little afraid we won't.

When everyone plays the game the way they're supposed to and sticks to a game plan for 60 minutes, we can beat pretty well any team in the entire league. When we give less than everything or take even 5 minutes off, we can lose to pretty well any team in the League. I truly do have some concerns about the character and work ethic of some of our players. It's also time to integrate McVeigh into our top six.

chopper
02-09-2014, 01:40 AM
I enjoyed the tribute to the PPCLI and seeing Jon Ryan at the game. The Pats took care of business and got the two points, that's all that can be gleaned from the game. After all it was Saskatoon. Much like last week it won't mean much if we don't win the next one against Kootenay. We don't want a repeat of the last time they we're here. If the team has aspirations of a pennant they have to start making some serious statements. The by-word is consistency and something we've all been waiting to see.

patsdude114
02-09-2014, 01:16 PM
I was so disinterested in that game last night that I left midway thru the 2nd period. I would rather watch a full game where we lose then dominate a bantam team. The score of 7-3 was alittle closer then the actual play on the ice, here's hoping that maybe now the team actually understands its link to the PPCL maybe they'll understand that if those soliders went focused at all times they would be going home in a box.

We need this team to prove to the fans that we can actually beat teams we are battling with for a playoff spot, so anything less then 2pts on wednesday night will be a let down.

chopper
02-09-2014, 01:52 PM
I agree that it's hard to get terribly excited about a game like last night's. I'm happy the coaching staff kept them focused enough to play reasonably well. It's so easy to get complacent like the Lethbridge game, and lose two valuable points. When I think of the points we frittered away, we could have easily been in 2nd place with a cushion.

Overall I liked the lines. I think once McVeigh and his line-mates gets some chemistry they will be good. They are much faster now. The second line needs some messaging though. Gay is too slow and isn't a fit on the second line with Klimchuk. That line needs Hunt . Gay looks lost on that line. The third line was good particularly Hanson and D'amico. They needs to tweak the lines a little bit and start playing them down the stretch. If they make the playoffs, they don't want to be going into them with uncertain lines.

Bighat
02-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Just a few points: mumby shouldn't play another game Harrison is away better player, hunt shouldn't be on the fourth line and gay has chemistry where he's playing right now. Mcveigh hasn't proved himself at all in fact he looks a little lazy.

patsdude114
02-09-2014, 10:47 PM
I know I didn't stay for the whole game but McVeigh is twice the player that Hunt is although with that said Hunt is better then Gay is.... Gay just doesn't do the little things properly for Klimchuk, for example a simple chip play off the boards/glass he cant even do right to get Klimchuk into open ice instead its off the boards/glass and down for icing... he did this twice in the 1st alone last night when he had Klimchuk in behind the defender

Don't get me wrong I like Gay just he isn't quite there yet where he needs to be to play with elite players

chopper
02-10-2014, 12:36 PM
I know I didn't stay for the whole game but McVeigh is twice the player that Hunt is although with that said Hunt is better then Gay is.... Gay just doesn't do the little things properly for Klimchuk, for example a simple chip play off the boards/glass he cant even do right to get Klimchuk into open ice instead its off the boards/glass and down for icing... he did this twice in the 1st alone last night when he had Klimchuk in behind the defender

Don't get me wrong I like Gay just he isn't quite there yet where he needs to be to play with elite players

I like Gay as well, but on the 3rd or 4th line. He is too slow to play on the top six and seems to be frustrating Klimchuk. Gay is not a consistent point producer but rather a streaky kind of player. Defensively he isn't fast enough on the back check. He doesn't play the game at the level his linemates do. Hunt is faster and more consistent than Gay and should be moved to the second line. Because of his speed issues, Gay will never be top six in Cameron's system. He would be the best solution to bolster the 4th line.

Bighat
02-10-2014, 01:41 PM
A fourth line of gay, brooks and max wouldn't be bad at all. We would win most 4 vs 4 on a nitely basis's. Hunt would work the corners and dirty areas for the 1st line that's for sure. I think gay handles the puck a little better but hunt definitely has the foot speed. What do you guys think of Harrison, a little more playing time and I think we have a solid dman.

patsdude114
02-10-2014, 05:59 PM
I've always been a Harrison fan he just needed some grooming & is coming into his own abit more since the new year. He will be a solid depth Dman who can play in most situtions.

As for Gay he will be a top 6 player starting next year its all about growing into a role & taking on bigger responsibilty I believe the term is called maturing as a person & as a player. Everyone matures at their own pace it can not be forced.

For some reason I do think that Hunt is going to get a invite to a NHL camp or possibly be a draft pick in the last round. A couple home games ago a NHL scout was sitting 3 seats over from me & there was tons of notes in the box of Hunt, let's remember he missed all of last year due to injury so what should of been his draft year he sat it out & couldn't show any progression. Be like Mylse Bell who was ranked in the 2nd round & never got picked that year due to the accident he was involved in, now by no means am I comparing these 2 in talent.