PDA

View Full Version : Waltz

RWAH
02-21-2014, 01:18 PM
suspension is three games

chopper
02-21-2014, 04:51 PM
suspension is three games

I believe he is a first time offender so its about what I expected. I guess a suspension of that length means the League is trying to send a message to these offenders!

Victoria is here tonight and I'm looking forward to a heck of a game. They can be beaten but we will have to play a very patient hard game. They have beaten Kelowna a couple times this year. They have few weaknesses.

patsdude114
02-21-2014, 07:02 PM
No surprise for the length of the suspension I had said 2 or 3 games in the other thread. The league won't stop these types of hits with anything less then 10 games but things happen on the ice sometimes just out of reaction just to make sure they get a piece of the guy after they failed to lined the hit up correctly.

chopper
02-21-2014, 11:26 PM
I don't know what the right length of suspension should be, I do however know that the WHL and other league have to get a grip on it. If they don't these things will make their way before the courts. If it involves the US Courts it could be real bad, and costly. Insurance rates will become prohibitive. The penalties have to be so significant that players simply take it out of their game.

I have never seen a coach or player who didn't say "I didn't intend to hurt the guy" or "it was an accident" or "he's not a dirty player" Sometimes these statements come from repeat offenders. Excuses are plentiful.

In tonights hockey game there were several heavy hits that weren't head shots. It can be and is being done nightly. There is lots of room for great hitting and physical play.

dsquared
02-23-2014, 03:27 PM
Do the officials get penalized for missing this head shot?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-25-2014, 09:35 AM
two or three games...ho hum. these kids will just do it again and(maybe) get the same punishment.

...but if the consequence was instead a minute or two in the ring with a Kyle Freadrich, David Kaczowka, or even a Colten Teubert type...these kids would think twice before crossing the line between simply finishing a check and blasting a guy.

Not that these leagues will ever learn or anything...or want to learn.