PDA

View Full Version : Bellerive a no show

Moonergroupie
02-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Was very surprised to see Matt Bellerive do nothing against his former team last night. His whole career he has been a guy who is the best player on the ice one game and non-existant the next. You would think a guy would be able to get up to play the team that traded him but with the exception of him patrolling the blueline on the powerplay in the third, you never even noticed him out there. I thought Sterzner didn't play as good as normal last night either. Almost like he didn't want to hit his old buddies.

Dixon back up to his old tricks last night. 2 stupid, undisciplined penalties. One in the attacking zone while the play was heading back to his end. Usually takes one....but had to take 2 last night as Sutter isn't there anymore to take the other one.

Nice to see Polei not back down from Rehill last night. Kid is tough and has some talent, just needs to use his big frame a little more......hit somebody every once in a while.

Still think we are in tough to make the playoffs with the opponents that we have left to face, but they are definately starting to play better again. If Barto can keep playing well, we may sneak in there yet.

SectionNDeserter
02-27-2014, 06:48 PM
Dixon back up to his old tricks last night. 2 stupid, undisciplined penalties.I would argue that his first penalty was more lazy than it was stupid. Sadly, I don't think he is going to figure out how to eliminate this from his game before he is in the AJHL.

Nice to see Polei not back down from Rehill last night. Kid is tough and has some talent, just needs to use his big frame a little more......hit somebody every once in a while.That Rehill kid is about the greasiest player I have seen this season, so many spears, slashes, punches, cross-checks and elbows behind the play. Good to see someone finally step up and make him accountable, even if Rehill did just hang on for dear life for the whole fight.

Still think we are in tough to make the playoffs with the opponents that we have left to face, but they are definately starting to play better again. If Barto can keep playing well, we may sneak in there yet.Agree. If they continue their trend in the new year, they are absolutely going to need some help from Prince Albert in the form of bombing in some games against marginal competition to stay in the race.

calcheyup
03-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Matt Bellerive doing nothing ceased to be a surprise some time ago.