PDA

View Full Version : Dogs at a Blades game? lol seriously?

Trav
02-28-2014, 07:23 PM
What's next? Allowing animals from the forestry farm in to the game?

patsdude114
03-02-2014, 12:22 AM
Was there actually a lot of people who brought there animals to the game?

It seems very bush league to allow something like this in what is suppose to be a some what professional style league as it preps these players for pro hockey &/or life ahead. If I was a season ticket holder of the Blades I would be expressing myself towards the franchise about how bush league it is. That little kid of the owner is ruining a great franchise, the WHL as a whole is going to wish they voted NO on this tool or a owner from Edmonton.

Trav
03-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Around 150 or so apparently. Of course the owner's son has 2 or 3 dogs.

auch07
03-02-2014, 12:16 PM
I voiced my thoughts and the response showed how poorly the whole situation was thought out. I get that it is a promotion and they are trying to bring in new walk ups. But in doing so they forgot about a major issue for people that would be there already. The bulk of my family has allergies to dogs and cats so we ended up staying home for the night and last night as well being unsure what the air would be like in the building. We are a family of 5 that has been season ticket holders for 8 yrs now. Sufficed to say I was not happy with the choice of promotion like this causing us to have to stay home for a game. I voiced my thoughts and the response was that only 4 sections were affected. Really? 4 sections only...why didn't they tell me that a bubble was put over those 4 sections so that the air could not escape to other portions of the building not to mention the various animal displays all along the concourse.....that little tidbit of information was not in any release about the event...oh wait....I guess 4 sections was not all that was affected after all but of course the brains that came up with this promotion chose to overlook that aspect of it. Whoever came up with this promotion should be fired and I am 99% decided that I will not be renewing my 5 season tickets next season at this point or likely bothering to go to the remaining few games this season.

SectionNDeserter
03-02-2014, 01:07 PM
I saw this somewhere a while back, but I honestly didn't think it was a real thing...

Bighat
03-02-2014, 02:03 PM
Major League Baseball teams do this every year so it's not bush, but that's at an outdoor venue (usually). I'm a dog lover and I don't agree with this promo for hockey just doesn't make sense but at the same time I wish there were dedicated adult only sections aswell. Nothing worse then kids kicking your seat and jumping up in front of you and the parents in a daze and no control.

BigCat20
03-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Some people just ***** to *****!!!!! Yes, It was a promo but also money was donated to the SPCA. The animals were not allowed on the concourse. They had to use the loading ramp doors. You would have to have extreme allergies to not be able to sit on the other side of the building & be bothered! If a few people didnt like a promo, they wouldnt be able to do any cuz theres always someone who doesn't like it. Seen your the only one whinning about it. Don't think this was a promo cuz c.p. has dogs, just like they didnt have 1st nations night cuz kirichenko is aboriginal.

patsdude114
03-02-2014, 08:58 PM
I don't know all the fine details about this promo but I still think this promo is alittle bush league for a hockey game imo

my question here is were dogs sitting with their owners at the owners seat to watch the game?

Trav
03-02-2014, 09:18 PM
The dogs were with their owners, hope they had to pay extra to bring them. Maybe I'm being biased against them since I don't like dogs but just think it was a stupid idea. Why not have a cats night or forestry farm night, may as well not stop at the dogs lol.

First Nations night happens every year and I always attend them, or I try to since my wife is of first nations background. A lot of people from her reserve came to the game, I think some of them got free tickets. It's always cool to see the aboriginal dancers doing their thing and the drumming as well. Pow wow's are better though.

patsdude114
03-02-2014, 09:24 PM
The dogs were sitting with their owners from what I saw and it is bush league.

First Nations night happens every year and it's always cool to see the aboriginal dancers doing their dance. Sure it doesn't have much to do with the game but there's a big partnership between the aboriginal community and the Blades which hopefully the Priestners will keep supporting. Hopefully we'll see more aboriginal players in the WHL. There's been some good ones.

Yes Regina has the aboriginal night as well and some of the dancers and such are pretty cool especially that 1 guy who does the hullahoop dances

sbtatter
03-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Pretty cool how they had the WK's with aboriginal background up with the Blades as well during the aboroginal celebrations

Trav
03-02-2014, 10:22 PM
Pretty cool how they had the WK's with aboriginal background up with the Blades as well during the aboroginal celebrations

Yeah I agree.

LongTimeFan
03-03-2014, 12:51 AM
I heard all the dogs really enjoyed the game, so perhaps this was all part of a grand strategic plan and the Blades will benefit from some new season ticket sales next year???

auch07
03-03-2014, 08:30 AM
Not that you would care based upon your response but yes in fact my 4 yr old daughter is VERY allergic to both cats and dogs. She ultimately is what kept us home as if she reacted to it we would have been rushing to the hospital. Thank you for showing the same ignorance as the people that came up with this promo.

BigCat20
03-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Are you the most important fan? Cuz it wasn't a promo you liked or could attend they shouldn't do it. It's one game!!!!!!! You haven't missed any other game. My kids have activities some night that there are games.........should I complain & tell them to change the game to a night that works. If she's that allergic, you must not go anywhere. I've seen people with there pets everywhere. There's guide/helper dog at lots of businesses! Think your blowing it out of proportion. It wasn't something that worked for you but did for many others. They offered u more tickets to use another game plus those tickets for the game you missed can be used on the rain check night.

qrdsk
03-03-2014, 12:20 PM
I believe that there were almost 160 dogs in attendance, that's what I consider a good turnout. While I agree it was a little gimicky, and some of the animals were freaked out by the pucks on the glass, I think it was generally handled well.

My biggest issue isn't with the promotions this year, it is with the closing of the upper sections at the end of the year. We have had season tickets in the upper level for many years, this year they made us move as they closed half of the stands, and now at the end of the year we will have to decide if we will renew and move down, or not renew. We have chosen to sit in the upper stands for a number of reasons: we enjoy seeing the plays get set up, we enjoy being in the attacking end, we have a young daughter and we are able to move if she begins to get fussy so as to not bother other fans, we like that we do not have to watch for pucks as sometimes we are distracted by our daughter. While I understand they want to 'improve the atmosphere' in the rink, I think they are neglecting the 125+ season ticket holders who have chosen to remain in the upper level. I'm also disapointed with the response from the Blades Management (which has been to not reply to any emails regarding this).

BigCat20
03-03-2014, 12:49 PM
I wonder if it has partly to do with cuc not wanting people up there. Extra staff to supervise & clean after games. Surprised they haven't responded to emails, thought that was a big thing changed this year..... accountability. Think they are really listening to people to make everything better. Maybe they are scared to answer cuz they don't know what to say!

dodywood4ever
03-04-2014, 04:24 AM
I believe that there were almost 160 dogs in attendance, that's what I consider a good turnout. While I agree it was a little gimicky, and some of the animals were freaked out by the pucks on the glass, I think it was generally handled well.

My biggest issue isn't with the promotions this year, it is with the closing of the upper sections at the end of the year. We have had season tickets in the upper level for many years, this year they made us move as they closed half of the stands, and now at the end of the year we will have to decide if we will renew and move down, or not renew. We have chosen to sit in the upper stands for a number of reasons: we enjoy seeing the plays get set up, we enjoy being in the attacking end, we have a young daughter and we are able to move if she begins to get fussy so as to not bother other fans, we like that we do not have to watch for pucks as sometimes we are distracted by our daughter. While I understand they want to 'improve the atmosphere' in the rink, I think they are neglecting the 125+ season ticket holders who have chosen to remain in the upper level. I'm also disapointed with the response from the Blades Management (which has been to not reply to any emails regarding this).

I completely agree. I only sit up top and am also annoyed at fewer and fewer sections being open. If they close it off I'm done. What a moronic idea. If I was a season ticket holder being told where I can and can't sit I would be livid. I will email the organization with my opinion. I'm sure they are far to busy beating any emotion out of the players to respond tho. Sinking ship my friends. New owner was the end.