PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs Raiders + The final Weekend

chopper
03-12-2014, 11:25 AM
I really expect to see a good game and Pats win tonight. Missing some big pieces in Burroughs, Williams, and Wapple really sucks at this point. We need to soldier on and get the job done. We need everybody pulling hard for a full 60 minutes, staying focused and disciplined.

MJ may be the hottest team in the League right now. They have kicked some butt lately including PA last night. They are really hot!

I see Alison Geisinger won the Ultimate Fan contest and a trip to the Memorial Cup. Congrats to her as she is very deserving winner and fun to watch.:)

sbtatter
03-12-2014, 01:17 PM
I really expect to see a good game and Pats win tonight. Missing some big pieces in Burroughs, Williams, and Wapple really sucks at this point. We need to soldier on and get the job done. We need everybody pulling hard for a full 60 minutes, staying focused and disciplined.

MJ may be the hottest team in the League right now. They have kicked some butt lately including PA last night. They are really hot!

I see Alison Geisinger won the Ultimate Fan contest and a trip to the Memorial Cup. Congrats to her as she is very deserving winner and fun to watch.:)

Go Pats!!!!

patsdude114
03-12-2014, 06:23 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if after tonight we have 1st place all locked up, a Pats & Blades win (in regulation) would put an end to all this talk of SC catching us for 1st in the division (2nd in conf). PA coming off a big loss last night to MJ I'm sure they will be hungary for a win tonight as their season could be determined tonight as well or at least make it more difficult on them.

Young McBride isn't getting the call tonight for the Raiders. This kid is going to be a gem between the pipes for the Raiders for years to come.

patsdude114
03-12-2014, 10:15 PM
Well as a Regina Pats fan we couldn't of asked for a better effort tonight, the effort was there thru the entire lineup all game long. Yes PA scored early with Valcourt & Draisaitl dominating using there size to their advantage, really was the only line who did anything for PA tonight.

Too bad Saskatoon couldn't of held onto there 4-1 lead very early in the 2nd period instead they watched SC score 4 straight in the 2nd period & eventually gave SC the lead before tieing it back up but ultimately lost in regulation still with a goal scored 21secs left. Maybe is Stoon would of played Trombley they could of won that game for us (basterds!!!!)

I thought Hansen played outstanding on the backend tonight I think the coaching staff has to really consider using him as a Dman come playoff time give us some more size back there to handle some bigger forwards. Hansen is turning into quite the player, sure he isn't going to wow you will skill but he plays a simple game and does many things right.

I really like how Wagner has been playing lately, he has noticeable again tonight in the shift he did get. He even got a good scoring chance in the 3rd period as well. To me he is that player that come playoff time could be abit of a difference maker, if a player in the top 9 forwards isn't going Wagner is capable of playing more minutes without hurting us. Plus the guy just loves to hit & with his size 6'2 180 he can be a handful & was for some of the Raider Dmen tonight.

MacAuley was outstanding tonight as well he made a handful of very big saves for us something you need from your goalie each and every game. If he continues with this play even when Wapple is healthy it will be tough choice for the coaching staff on who to go with but also knowing that if 1 is faulting you have someone waiting who can make in impact as well. I know a lot of us have been hard on him at times this season (myself included) I know he wouldn't be worth a 20yr old goalie to us next season but does another team who may be very weak in the crease ask about him for next season as a temporary fix for a season....maybe LETH, possibly SPO or MH (as I doubt Scheinder will be ready for the #1 job & Langhamer cant be back as my understanding its the last season for euro goalies in the CHL plus he 20). I can really see us going with Wapple & Fuhr next season and give Chapman tons of minutes in Midget AAA

Anyways solid effort, nice to see our forecheck being relentless in pressing the defense into mistake.

patsdude114
03-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Also quick question, I thought 16yrs had to play a min of 40 games during the season if they were to be in the WHL I see Reagan has only played 26 games. Is there a league fine or something if they don't meet the quota of min games for 16yr olds? I could be wrong about the min number of games they must appear in....

Bighat
03-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Euro goalies can play till their junior eligibility runs out. Good game tonite, I just have one comment and that is chandler Stephenson better start skating or he'll be back in regina next year. He only skates 1/4 of the time, dreistel beat him all nite to the puck because he was dogging it. Chandler is a great player but he could be elite if put his head into it.

RWAH
03-12-2014, 11:06 PM
It was I that asked Chad Lang and he told me that a 16 needed to play 40 games. I assume there are adjustments for injury or illness time. Don't know the consequences for not playing the 40 games.
You are right the whole line up played well and PA seemed to deflate as the game progressed.
On MacAuley. I have supported him all season and he has regained the form he had in November. He and Wapple will be a great pair going into the playoffs , as you say if one falters the other can step in and there is no dip in the level of play. MacAuley's long playoff run last year may help him prepare for the playoffs this year and may help in the room as well.

Fight Guy
03-13-2014, 07:44 AM
Good game tonite, I just have one comment and that is chandler Stephenson better start skating or he'll be back in regina next year. He only skates 1/4 of the time, dreistel beat him all nite to the puck because he was dogging it. Chandler is a great player but he could be elite if put his head into it.
Had to work tonight. Was able to listen to the whole game though. Sounded like a bad one to miss.

I have said this about Stephenson most of the season. He sometimes just stands around and watches the play unfold in front of him. Sure, good players do this often, but he often does it allowing the other team to create a play. The only thing that makes it less hard to watch is when he has the puck on his stick. He does make good defensive plays and seconds efforts, but the lack of effort as the other team skates past you and breaks into your zone...that's tiring.

Not to be a jerk, but I hope Stephenson has a TERRIBLE NHL camp this fall...;) Seeing him back in a Pats uniform next season would be quite pleasant.

chopper
03-13-2014, 11:10 AM
There wasn't much to not like about the game. The Pats played they way they need to and I fully expect they will do so again tomorrow night.

The defence played really well considering they are missing two big cogs. I noticed that the big horses kept PA from the front of our net quite a bit. Hanson played like a natural there. It makes a person wonder if this might not be an even better option for him. Wagner played like a power forward last night and if he puts on 15 pounds, he will be a load.

Stephenson is a very good player but could be even more if he did a few things better. With his work on the PK I am inclined to give him a pass on any deficiencies last night. He played on his regular shift, was on for 3 pp's, and was on for 6 pk's. With Hanson on the back end the PK changed up a somewhat. He had a heavy workload last night.

I thought the guys played quite disciplined and I was dismayed over some of the calls and non calls. Montsion is a Pat hater from way back and I hope we don't see him in the playoffs. That was real good full game effort.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-13-2014, 12:33 PM
if theres a team to spoil a regina party, it is Brandon. They also aren't guaranteed a playoff spot, so everyone will be all in.

What is the status on the 2 dmen and Wapple as far as playoffs goes? And do we need one or two points? I know we have more wins and better GF/GA, but they won the season series and got less SO wins.

puckdad
03-13-2014, 12:47 PM
I think you've got a "Coach of the Year" candidate in Regina. The difference between the Pat's performance this year under Cameron & the Raider's performance under Clouston is night & day.

patsdude114
03-13-2014, 02:25 PM
I think you've got a "Coach of the Year" candidate in Regina. The difference between the Pat's performance this year under Cameron & the Raider's performance under Clouston is night & day.

Oh I believe he will be the eastern conference coach of the year as well as for the entire league I think that will go to dave lowry in victoria.

We need 1pt to clinch 1st as the 1st tie breaker is total wins which we have more then SC as we have 39 & the most they can get is 38

chopper
03-13-2014, 08:26 PM
If we play the same as we did last night, we will wrap it up and get our 40th win at the same time. If any of the wounded can make it back that's a bonus. IMO Moose Jaw is smoking hot right now and they will win one of the games this weekend against Swift. To think this team was supposed to be fighting it out with Saskatoon for last in the Conference! We're one win away from clinching the pennant and 40 wins. I'm not sure I could be convinced that anyone's done a better job in this league. Doesn't much matter because the Coach of the Year is like the kiss of death to many coaches.

RWAH
03-13-2014, 08:51 PM
I do not want to start a coaching controversy and coach Cameron has a lot of experience coaching with a changing line up and the players seem to have bought into his systems. He is the head coach and the leading candidate from the West Conference for coach of the year. Our assistant coaches are top notch and I wonder how much of our success is a result of their work and input.
I for one expect coach Dixon to be a WHL head coach next year.

Bighat
03-13-2014, 09:19 PM
I hope we get the injured players back tomorrow then rest them and other starters Saturday. I feel Dixon is 1 more season away from being a head coach. I don't trust Brandon their a dirty hockey team.

patsdude114
03-13-2014, 11:04 PM
I don't trust Brandon their a dirty hockey team.

Which is all the more reason to win friday night then rest some top guys on saturday cause if we get up on brandon on saturday night & it is putting their season to bed (miss playoffs) you bet your arse they will do something against us they have all season long & the evidence is in the suspensions that took place against us & should of had 1 more from that dirty coward of a euro they got.

sbtatter
03-14-2014, 10:19 AM
Which is all the more reason to win friday night then rest some top guys on saturday cause if we get up on brandon on saturday night & it is putting their season to bed (miss playoffs) you bet your arse they will do something against us they have all season long & the evidence is in the suspensions that took place against us & should of had 1 more from that dirty coward of a euro they got.

You mean similar to what Teubert did?:confused:

patsdude114
03-14-2014, 11:29 AM
You mean similar to what Teubert did?:confused:

And what did Teubert do really? he wanted to fight Stone and yes as silly as it looked with him chasing him around to get him to fight in the end there was no cheap shots given out unlike what Brandon has done 4 times this year against us. Im not saying what he did was right as it did look mighty stupid of him chasing Stone around but in the end there was no cheap shot given out & he was more then willing to fight the very next game back in Regina which he did unlike that coward euro who didn't want to fight Stevenson or Zgraggen.........

sbtatter
03-14-2014, 11:50 AM
And what did Teubert do really? he wanted to fight Stone and yes as silly as it looked with him chasing him around to get him to fight in the end there was no cheap shots given out unlike what Brandon has done 4 times this year against us. Im not saying what he did was right as it did look mighty stupid of him chasing Stone around but in the end there was no cheap shot given out & he was more then willing to fight the very next game back in Regina which he did unlike that coward euro who didn't want to fight Stevenson or Zgraggen.........

Chasing Stone around was the most cowardly thing I've ever seen in hockey. Can you imagine the howls of outrage from Regina if Ferland chased Eberle around and fought him, or tonight Gabrielle chased Steel around and knocks him out?

chopper
03-14-2014, 01:12 PM
The way I see it Tuebert looked like a goof, and Stone looked like a chicken s__t..

booboo
03-14-2014, 03:14 PM
The way I see it Tuebert looked like a goof, and Stone looked like a chicken s__t..

Where is he playing these days? The Vancouver Beer League?

sbtatter
03-14-2014, 03:14 PM

:) Good analysis!
Are your walking wounded back tonight? Looks like Brandon gets P Quenneville and Meiuller bacl, all hands on deck finally

chopper
03-14-2014, 03:56 PM
I'm doubting anyone's back. Wapple will be a while and the other two are likely dealing with concussions and the protocol. I could be wrong but I'm betting a week. They have to play with what they got. They need a point.

witness
03-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Wapple is out another 2 weeks.
I am guessing here, but if we see anyone it will be Williams.
This will be Burroughs second head injury this year, so they will be really cautious with him. but, Williams has a history also.

I was really pleased with Schecher's game on Wednesday. I thought him and Hanson stepped into that 2nd and 3th role nicely. Harrison did OK with increased minutes as well.

Bighat
03-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Wapple should be back for the playoffs I hear.

patsdude114
03-14-2014, 04:44 PM
or tonight Gabrielle chased Steel around and knocks him out?

the difference is someone for the Pats would actually stand up to the guy and fight him if he chased Steel or any other members of the Pats around like Tuebert did.... as stupid as Tuebert looked doing that it made every single player on the WKs who was on the ice look even stupider for doing jack sh*t about it.

exactly!!! on both parts....heck even little Adam Brooks has fought twice this year and in both fights has been standing up for a player as he fought Dixon 6'5 & Gonek 6'1 16 fights this year.... you would think that someone on the ice at that time when Tuebert was chasing Stone around like a fool someone anyone would of came to fight him instead but nope every single WK was a just as much of a coward as Stone was that night.

The WKs looked so terrible that night that even KM put copy rights on that video clip so it had to be taken down off youtube lmao says a lot about that team I guess and how this franchise still runs around with cowardly hits. Maybe the problem is KM himself....

As I have said before what Tuebert did that night made himself look like a total idiot but to some defense every WK on the ice looked just as bad for doing NOTHING about it.

Where is he playing these days? The Vancouver Beer League?

Pretty much where Stone will be as well in another 2 or 3 years, with each passing draft he gets pushed further and further down the depth chart due to his terrible skating. I enjoyed watching Stone in junior the guy had a lot of skill just he couldn't keep up to the play, same goes for Ferland he will be pushed out of the Flames organization within another 2yrs as well.

sbtatter
03-14-2014, 06:26 PM
the difference is someone for the Pats would actually stand up to the guy and fight him if he chased Steel or any other members of the Pats around like Tuebert did.... as stupid as Tuebert looked doing that it made every single player on the WKs who was on the ice look even stupider for doing jack sh*t about it.

exactly!!! on both parts....heck even little Adam Brooks has fought twice this year and in both fights has been standing up for a player as he fought Dixon 6'5 & Gonek 6'1 16 fights this year.... you would think that someone on the ice at that time when Tuebert was chasing Stone around like a fool someone anyone would of came to fight him instead but nope every single WK was a just as much of a coward as Stone was that night.

The WKs looked so terrible that night that even KM put copy rights on that video clip so it had to be taken down off youtube lmao says a lot about that team I guess and how this franchise still runs around with cowardly hits. Maybe the problem is KM himself....

As I have said before what Tuebert did that night made himself look like a total idiot but to some defense every WK on the ice looked just as bad for doing NOTHING about it.

Pretty much where Stone will be as well in another 2 or 3 years, with each passing draft he gets pushed further and further down the depth chart due to his terrible skating. I enjoyed watching Stone in junior the guy had a lot of skill just he couldn't keep up to the play, same goes for Ferland he will be pushed out of the Flames organization within another 2yrs as well.

We'll see what you say if someone chases down Steel!

JMoney1988
03-14-2014, 10:13 PM
Congrats on clinching the division tonight....., hopefully your playoff run goes deep!!!!!

patsdude114
03-14-2014, 10:32 PM
Wasn't how we wanted to clinch it, we had a lot of missed opportunites tonight. In the 3rd period we were way to cute on the chances we had, I believe we had 3 odd man rushes where we didn't even get a shot on goal getting way to cute.

The coaches talked about that 1 non rush with 2mins left, they didn't name the player but it was Sinitsyn he ate up almost 30secs back there as the WKs just didn't pressure after they got their line change in but on the flip side we did get the puck out. Its all shoulda coulda but there was no forsures we would of sustained any time in their zone had we rushed it up ice right away.

Tonight Hansen looked human back on defense he gave BRN their 1st goal when he failed to chip it past. He had a few other mistakes but nothing extremely glaring that turned the tide of the game.

Was Schacher sick tonight? He took warm up but he wasn't a regular in taking part of the drills. We sure could of used him tonight, Mumby was avg I just don't like him anymore.

You look at our 3 key players out of the lineup tonight they are all righties, say what you want but the certaan hand of a shot matters in key situations. I had to have alittle chuckle tonight on our PP in the 2nd period when Gay got that great chance on the side of the net, the only problem with that chance was him being a righty he needed to stop the puck & get into a quick shooting position by that time the goalie was ready for it. He was the only right handed shot on the ice & it just had to be him who ended up in that position after a rotation on the ice. Same can be said on the Leier chance early in the 2nd had he been a righty it was in the back of the net.

chopper
03-14-2014, 11:49 PM
Its a point and a pennant so you take it and move on. Hanson was terrible plain and simple. In a tight playoff type game that first turn over is unacceptable. His positioning was bad all night, and he needed to be better but wasn't the only one. MacAuley was just OK. He's not a series winner in my mind.

For having five regulars out, including four elite guys I felt we were OK but we could have been better. Even with what we had. Discipline was better but the PK again was terrible.

It looks like we might get Brandon right off which is OK. I wasn't real crazy about going up against Bartosak in a first round series. If we get everyone back we will be all right. Word has it that Burroughs may be back for tomorrow night. I'm thinking everyone should be back for the start of round one.

yams
03-15-2014, 12:50 AM
Regina is the matchup Brandon wants. Really hoping this happens. I believe the last time they met in the playoffs was the old tootoo vs hubbauer showdown.

sbtatter
03-15-2014, 06:56 AM
Congratulations on winning the division. Lang kept tinkering with goalies and 20's until he got the combination he and the coach were happy with. And the coach seems like a breath of fresh air for your organization. Good season for Regina

Bighat
03-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Stevenson has a broken hand, playing cast I hope.

chopper
03-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Stevenson has a broken hand, playing cast I hope.

They are saying as soon as the swelling comes down, they will try to fit him for a playing cast. I'm sure they can manage the pain ok. These things can be tricky but as long as they can adapt one that allows him to stick handle and shoot, it will be fine. They said on post game show that Burroughs could be back tonight and that will be huge. If we get the rest back by the start of playoffs or shortly thereafter, we'll be fine.

patsdude114
03-15-2014, 01:06 PM
Hopefully the playing cast will fit & he will be able to play. He hasn't seen much success in his yrs here with the Pats & this will be the ultimate way for him personally to end his junior career with us. If he can't play its a huge loss to our team but even a bigger loss to him personally. It sure would of been nice to see if he could of got 40goals in his final year as he is stuck at 38 after an amazing season for him, I don't think many of us would of predicted Stevenson to score 38 times.

chopper
03-15-2014, 01:52 PM
From what I understand it's a break on the top of his left hand. Much better than a finger or thumb. He shoots right so his power hand is his right hand and that's OK. Once the swelling comes down they can look at a playing cast. I have an optimistic feeling he will be back sooner than later. I heard rumblings at the arena last night that Wapple was perhaps a week to 10 days away. A week would put him ready on he 22nd the night the playoffs start. The Pats really need him. MacAuley has been OK but the team is much better with Wapple in net. Hopefully everyone else will be ready to go by next weekend.

RWAH
03-15-2014, 04:35 PM
agree with what's been posted the team tried to be to cute in the second period. And to use a football saying the third period of prevent defence just prevents you from winning. The Pats were not pressuring the puck and if you give a player enough time they will make a good play. When Brandon pulled their goalie we responded by playing as if we were short handed in a pentagon. IMO the situation should be played as short handed in a box with the odd side forward pressuring the puck. You need to force the puck carrier to make quicker decisions
See what tonight brings.

Bighat
03-15-2014, 06:43 PM
I can't believe that we're dressing all our top players tonite, I guess we're not going to let Brandon get in that easy.

RWAH
03-15-2014, 09:39 PM
watched most of the game on the web. Lots of perimeter play, not much for check and a loss. hope that play was not habit forming and next Saturday they get back to winning hockey.
The Brandon radio sad they thought or they heard that wapple was through for the year. Certainly hope that is false and he is ready to go on Saturday

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-15-2014, 10:06 PM
if wapple is done for the year, then so are the pats. Nevermind being without Stevenson too. I have no confidence in Macauley. Hope he can prove me wrong if its down to him.

yams
03-15-2014, 11:04 PM
Brandon vs Regina. Pats fans scared? I'd be a little nervous

chopper
03-15-2014, 11:30 PM
if wapple is done for the year, then so are the pats. Nevermind being without Stevenson too. I have no confidence in Macauley. Hope he can prove me wrong if its down to him.

Greg Harder is reporting that Wapple is rehabbing very well. They will be testing him Monday or Tuesday to see where he's at. It's all very promising. Burroughs and Williams will be ready to return. Stevenson is saying he will be suiting up for the playoffs. Once the swelling goes down they will likely fit him with a playing cast. He's a 38 goal scorer and as tough as nails. If there is a way he can play he will.

With those four top guys in the lineup this weekends result is entirely different. In fact even having Burroughs and Williams back would have likely changed the outcome. No team can sustain having four of your top guys out at one time. Fortunately some are ready to come back and the others will be right behind them.

sbtatter
03-16-2014, 10:35 AM
Probably safe to say both teams are happy with the playoff match up. Bdn didn't want edm/Cgy in round 1. Regina likely didn't want Red Deer with the best goalie in the East.
Bdn's back to full strength, sounds like the Pats will as well. Bdn can only host games 3 and 4, then the winter fair at the keystone gets in the way.
Too bad Steel wasn't dressed last night, would have liked to see he and Patrick on the same ice.

chopper
03-16-2014, 12:32 PM
This series isn't one the Pats should dislike at all. Bartosak has been a killer to them for the last couple years. Maybe not against Edmonton but he can win a series all by himself.

At home the Pats have won 5-1, 8-4, 4-0, and lost a cheesy OT game on Friday. You do have to factor in having five high end regulars out that game. No excuses for injuries and not saying Brandon wouldn't have won anyway, but those five guys would have had an impact i'm thinking.

Brandon has won 5-4 (win 29 secs left) , 4-3 (Ot goal on pp with 4 secs left) and 6-3 and 8-0.

Two games in Brandon were extremely close with one OT win. The Pats have won all but one game here by 4 goals.

I think it will be a close series but I like their chances having home ice advantage. I'm sure McCrimmon would be saying the same thing if he had it. The Pats play well here and that's why you play the season to get home ice.

There are no guarantees but I like their chances. Now we just need to play the games to see how it comes out.

sbtatter
03-16-2014, 02:14 PM
This series isn't one the Pats should dislike at all. Bartosak has been a killer to them for the last couple years. Maybe not against Edmonton but he can win a series all by himself.

At home the Pats have won 5-1, 8-4, 4-0, and lost a cheesy OT game on Friday. You do have to factor in having five high end regulars out that game. No excuses for injuries and not saying Brandon wouldn't have won anyway, but those five guys would have had an impact i'm thinking.

Brandon has won 5-4 (win 29 secs left) , 4-3 (Ot goal on pp with 4 secs left) and 6-3 and 8-0.

Two games in Brandon were extremely close with one OT win. The Pats have won all but one game here by 4 goals.

I think it will be a close series but I like their chances having home ice advantage. I'm sure McCrimmon would be saying the same thing if he had it. The Pats play well here and that's why you play the season to get home ice.

There are no guarantees but I like their chances. Now we just need to play the games to see how it comes out.

According to those scores Bdn took the season series 5 to 3, total goals 32 to 30 in Bdns favour? Nice and close, lets hope the series is that close!

sbtatter
03-16-2014, 02:57 PM
Scores tell you nothing about how those games went down. The goals reflect the egg the Pats laid 8-0, so hardly worth mentioning. The Pats played well in all four games here and two in Brandon. Brandon didn't play that well here. That's something the "season series" doesn't tell you. So yes Brandon took the season series 5-3 if that makes you happy. Go post in on the Brandon site because this Pats site doesn't give a damn about that trash. It won't matter in this upcoming series either.

Trash? Just quoting the facts out of your stats about how even the season series was, not trying to poke the bear.
There's no doubt the Pats are the favourites in the series, they have more wins and a better defensive game. And home ice advantage. And they have the best top line.
In Brandon's favour is a little more depth in scoring, and the 2nd best PP in the league. If the Pats contine to take penalties as they did all season (3rd most penalized, Bdn 4th lowest), that might give Bdn a chance.
Should be a good series.

sbtatter
03-16-2014, 03:01 PM
And another advantage for Regina is if it makes game 6, Bdn won't have typical home ice advantage as the game could be in Moose Jaw or Saskatoon or ???????

chopper
03-16-2014, 03:38 PM
And another advantage for Regina is if it makes game 6, Bdn won't have typical home ice advantage as the game could be in Moose Jaw or Saskatoon or ???????

I would assume it will go 6 or 7 games. It's unfortunate that a teams gets kicked out of it's rink, but sometimes it brings the guys together and away from the pressure.

My point was 5-3 means nothing as a stat, and even if it's in the books as that. There is a lot more to it that some other people don't see. The Wheaties got a game here in OT and the Pats played well in two games there but got only a measly point. On occasion either team can win in the other guys barn.

Our current weaknesses are goal and PK. The Pats must minimize their trips to the box plain and simple. Brandon's PP is too good. That's why Wapple's return is so very important. If for any reason his return is delayed all bets are off. His return may be even more critical than Stevenson's. All these injuries were horrid in the last couple weeks just before playoffs. Regardless of who wins this series the next opponent will be the Oil kings. Not hard to figure the outcome of that series.

patsdude114
03-16-2014, 03:59 PM
Easy chopper sbtatter is actually a very well respected poster on here, you should of seen all the douche bags on this forum from BRN when they hosted the Memorial Cup... friendly trash talk is fine sbtatter is always welcomed to post his comments as they are knowledgeable posts 99% of time :)

should be a fun series non the less

chopper
03-16-2014, 04:34 PM
Easy chopper sbtatter is actually a very well respected poster on here, you should of seen all the douche bags on this forum from BRN when they hosted the Memorial Cup... friendly trash talk is fine sbtatter is always welcomed to post his comments as they are knowledgeable posts 99% of time :)

should be a fun series non the less

He must be ok if your defending him, so I'll cut him some slack. Don't forget I did the same for you when they were carving you up on Phils site so I must think your ok:) the Chopper has your back..LOL..even though your way wrong sometimes:) Coming from a Law Enforcement background, I was always right and it's a curse:)

mjw22
03-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Brandon in 6 just to continue the Pats tradition :)

patsdude114
03-16-2014, 04:51 PM
Regardless of who wins this series the next opponent will be the Oil kings. Not hard to figure the outcome of that series.

Don't under estimate the Rebels either the Rebels were 2-2 against EDM this season before this weekend series. Red Deer does have the goalie to steal a series if anyone is going to upset the Oil Kings it could be a Sutter coached Rebels team, lets not forget they are rivals as well and rival games tend to go either way as there is alittle more at stake then just the series as well.

Im not saying Red Deer is going to win but it could be a longer series then most may think and Red Deer could wear them down abit as well.

chopper
03-16-2014, 04:55 PM
Don't under estimate the Rebels either the Rebels were 2-2 against EDM this season before this weekend series. Red Deer does have the goalie to steal a series if anyone is going to upset the Oil Kings it could be a Sutter coached Rebels team, lets not forget they are rivals as well and rival games tend to go either way as there is alittle more at stake then just the series as well.

Im not saying Red Deer is going to win but it could be a longer series then most may think and Red Deer could wear them down abit as well.

Today after one period; Red Deer is winning 3-0 and outshot Edmonton 20-6 in the 1st period. Make no mistake if Red Deer gets this game and plays them it will be hard fought series. Bartosak is a difference maker but IMO Edmonton is just too deep.

patsdude114
03-16-2014, 05:00 PM
even though your way wrong sometimes:) Coming from a Law Enforcement background, I was always right and it's a curse:)

were all wrong sometimes even Law Enforcement but we wont get into that lol

chopper
03-16-2014, 05:02 PM

Today after one period; Red Deer is winning 3-0 and outshot Edmonton 20-6 in the 1st period. Make no mistake if Red Deer gets this game and plays them it will be hard fought series. Bartosak is a difference maker but IMO Edmonton is just too deep.

One could hope there will be some softening of Edmonton but whomever comes out of the Regina/Brandon series will be sporting some bruises as well. When you get 103 points on the season facing everyone's best on every night. They all want a piece of you. That makes them true contenders and they are difficult to beat in a series.

chopper
03-16-2014, 05:03 PM
were all wrong sometimes even Law Enforcement but we wont get into that lol

First I've heard of it....:D

Bighat
03-16-2014, 06:00 PM
The winner doesn't necessarily get Edmonton I think there will be an upset in the middle with swift winning their series.

patsdude114
03-16-2014, 06:42 PM
The winner doesn't necessarily get Edmonton I think there will be an upset in the middle with swift winning their series.

Well pick your poison as chances are very high that EDM & CGY will both advance to the 2nd round, personally I think I'd rather play CGY then EDM, imo CGY isn't as fast of a team & with 3 17yr olds on their backend they could be ripe for the picking as the pressure builds. Im not looking that far ahead though as we will have our hands full against BRN as it is

Bighat
03-16-2014, 06:46 PM
I would not want to play pa in the first round either they are a sleeping giant. I don't know who owns the tie breaker.

Bighat
03-16-2014, 06:47 PM
Never mind tie breaker game in red deer. Look out for pa if they get in.

Bighat
03-16-2014, 06:50 PM
Kootenay and swift could win both their series. Lots of options.

patsdude114
03-16-2014, 06:55 PM
I do like the fact they go with a tie-breaker game instead of just the tie-breaker thru stats when it comes to the final spot. The only time I don't like it is when 1 team finishes with more wins like in 2008-09 when PA had more wins then EDM I personally think when a team finishes with more wins that has to have more merit for the final spot. IMO PA got screwed over back in 2008-09 but this year since both RD & PA have same amount of wins im all for the tie-breaker game