PDA

View Full Version : I'm fast becoming a 'Tips Fan

OnICE
07-28-2005, 11:28 AM
I have been hearing rumours that the 'Tips may have made an absolute steal in acquiring the rights to Jake Daroux out of Calgary. The kid was touted to be a first or second round draft pick this most recent draft but hardly played last year after undergoing knee surgery. He played after the draft in the Burnaby Tournament where he was one of the best skaters on the ice, hit everything that moved and set up several goals. He didn't have his hands back apparently because he didn't put anything in the net. The next chance to be seen was at the Octagon camp and scrimmage in Calgary. There he took to the ice with a number of the high draft picks, not to mention the likes of Ladd, Jorgenson, etc. He was the only 90 to score and he potted a couple while again being one of the best skaters on the ice.

So the Tigers, Rebels and especially the Canes were all over this undrafted kid ... trying to entice him to their camps. I really wanted to see him here in Cranbrook. The kid and his family have their heads spinning trying to figure out where to go. So who pulls the move to make it happen? Well who else would take a chance for big return? What other team will pull their goalie with more than a couple of minutes left in the third?

KC isn't a foolish risk taker. The man takes calculated risks. I'm suspecting this one will pay off big time. And I might have to get me one of those nice Tips hats.

GO TIPS GO
GO ICE GO

Here's hoping we see other in the Western final this season.

Kristi
07-28-2005, 04:28 PM
This is the first I have heard of this kid. I will try and find out for sure if he is listed. He should be at camp if he is listed.

OnICE
08-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Thanks Kristi,

I look forward to hearing what you find out.

OnICE