PDA

View Full Version : Blades acquire Forsberg from PG...

Trav
05-01-2014, 11:00 AM
for 17 yr old prospect forward Hadyn Hopkins from BC and a 3rd round conditional pick.

Not a bad deal I guess, didn't have that great of a season though so hope he picks it up this year. A change of scenery and closer to home will hopefully benefit him.

Trading Kirichenko might bite the team in the butt, for a team that needs d-men help, not sure why they moved Kirichenko (traded to Vancouver for a 3rd this year and 5th in 2015) Good return though I guess.

auch07
05-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Very good return in that trade for Kirichenko.

Thought Forsberg would wind up a Blade a year ago already. Finally happened though. Hopefully he can contribute.

ontheice
05-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Not sure about either trade made yesterday! Kirichenko was a really good dman, and still had huge upside! He was quick, had some offense from the blue line, and was still young.

As for Forsberg, yes it may be good for him to return to sask, however we have brought in a former high draft pick who is a 95, who hasn't panned out as expected, and gave away a kid that was great to watch! I watched the hopkins kid after christmas and he played with heart, and reminded me of watching gallagher. I have a feeling the trade will come back to haunt us.

Madmax
05-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Not sure about either trade made yesterday! Kirichenko was a really good dman, and still had huge upside! He was quick, had some offense from the blue line, and was still young.

As for Forsberg, yes it may be good for him to return to sask, however we have brought in a former high draft pick who is a 95, who hasn't panned out as expected, and gave away a kid that was great to watch! I watched the hopkins kid after christmas and he played with heart, and reminded me of watching gallagher. I have a feeling the trade will come back to haunt us.

I agree. If they wanted Forsberg they should have gone after him last year when the price would have been less. They paid to much and I think it will come back and bite them also.

wango tango
05-02-2014, 09:59 PM
how do any of us know what the price was last year? maybe it was higher and that is why a deal didn't get done then. hopkins might be a solid player in the whl, maybe not. too soon to know.

forsberg will be a blade for the next two seasons. will being home help? will he be more consistent, compete harder, score more?

i don't mind the deal especially combines with the mappin, thomson, and sloboshan trades.

sbtatter
05-03-2014, 07:05 AM
I read in a few places that the Forsberg price was higher when he asked for a trade. With Moodie gone, any interest in Honey from the Blades?

stolar9595
05-03-2014, 07:49 AM
His price last season was way to high. No one wanted him he is a flop. I watched him play all 6 games in the sjhl final last year and he played like a bum. Ask anyone from pg and they all say the same thing that he is high maintenance way over rated. He reminds me of a nail yakupov or some other young russian. Have fun blades!!!

curwie
05-03-2014, 11:38 AM
how do any of us know what the price was last year? maybe it was higher and that is why a deal didn't get done then. hopkins might be a solid player in the whl, maybe not. too soon to know.

forsberg will be a blade for the next two seasons. will being home help? will he be more consistent, compete harder, score more?

i don't mind the deal especially combines with the mappin, thomson, and sloboshan trades.

The Blades needed to get a little older and they did just that. Small risk, with potentially a huge upside. I would guess Forsberg will play as a 20 year old as well.

I'm hoping Sloboshan signs soon. Maybe the family is waiting to see who the organization hires as gm and head coach.

booboo
05-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Looks like the Blades are desperate, recycling players who have underachieved elsewhere---Mappin, Foresberg, and Thomson. Good luck ,I hope it works out for you.

ontheice
05-03-2014, 01:11 PM
If nothing else things are interesting with the blades. Hearing chatter that they have been releasing other players since the draft. Heard Lipon and Harland were released.

Trav
05-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Thomson left Kamloops for personal reasons, its not like he totally underachieved there.

The Forsberg addition I'm not that crazy about but he did play for PG. Hopefully he realizes that this is his final chance to show people that he wasn't a total bust. If he puts up 30-40 points then good, he'll change my opinion of him.

Madmax
05-04-2014, 11:15 AM
His price last season was way to high. No one wanted him he is a flop. I watched him play all 6 games in the sjhl final last year and he played like a bum. Ask anyone from pg and they all say the same thing that he is high maintenance way over rated. He reminds me of a nail yakupov or some other young russian. Have fun blades!!!

Actually anyone could have had him for a mid round draft pick before training camp started. Humboldt had him coming back there right up to the day before. When he reported to PG the price went up. Nobody wanted to take the chance on him not reporting. Moose Jaw was very interested at one time but couldn't get a commitment.

patsdude114
05-04-2014, 03:18 PM
If nothing else things are interesting with the blades. Hearing chatter that they have been releasing other players since the draft. Heard Lipon and Harland were released.

lmao at the comment in bold, with the price the Blades paid to get Lipon they will never flat out release him for some other team to scoop him up lmao

gotta love the non-sense talk that some people think they hear

BillyBean
05-04-2014, 04:21 PM
lmao at the comment in bold, with the price the Blades paid to get Lipon they will never flat out release him for some other team to scoop him up lmao

gotta love the non-sense talk that some people think they hear

According to a reliable source who has access to 50 PPL you had better start looking for a new a** because he was released May 1/2014 and is no longer on their list. Harland still appears on their list.

Not sure why and agreed they paid a price for him but he is no longer a Blade.

Trav
05-04-2014, 04:57 PM
I think Lipon was just a throw in, in the deal. It's not like he did anything amazing here. To me he looked tiny out on the ice.

Don't forget the Blades still get to use the Ice's 1st round pick next yr that Kamloops had. If the Ice aren't that good next yr then awesome

The Blades with their 12 picks also had to clear a few spots on their protected list so that meant the release of a few players.

patsdude114
05-04-2014, 06:43 PM
baby lipon is the exact same as his brother tons of skill and late bloomers... Lipon was always noticeable when he came to regina to play just like his brother was at a younger age as well.... Lipon will become a solid player even in the WHL just be abit smaller is all, there is still lots of room for smaller players in junior hockey when you can skate and have the skill like Lipon there is always room

Trav
05-04-2014, 08:10 PM
baby lipon is the exact same as his brother tons of skill and late bloomers... Lipon was always noticeable when he came to regina to play just like his brother was at a younger age as well.... Lipon will become a solid player even in the WHL just be abit smaller is all, there is still lots of room for smaller players in junior hockey when you can skate and have the skill like Lipon there is always room

Then why didn't anyone draft him or trade for him? Just saying. I'm sure he'll get an invite to a WHL camp but I'd be surprised if he amounts to anything. Just cuz JC was a late bloomer, doesn't mean his brother necessarily will be.