PDA

View Full Version : Mascots

WHEATMAN
07-28-2005, 12:17 PM
what is your teams mascot and what does it look like?

WHEATMAN
07-28-2005, 12:18 PM
have a coyote named willie

Flathead
07-28-2005, 12:30 PM
In Speedy Creek we have a horse named, Charlie Horse.

J23
07-28-2005, 12:58 PM
In Kelowna, we have a raccoon named Rocky. Which is interesting considering that we're named the Rockets, have an Ogopogo for our logo and a raccoon for a mascot. Not quite sure what happened there... :confused:

HAF
07-28-2005, 01:43 PM
We have an eagle named Winger here in TC.

Chipper
07-28-2005, 01:55 PM
In Cranbrook the ICE had a Sasquatch that was very popular.... but they retired him and created a new one that honestly is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. I can't really describe it other that a experiment gone bad.

The_Vulk
07-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Calgary is in the same position as Kootenay.

We used to have "The Vulk".

It was green, and we were told that since The Vulk looked too scary for the littlest of kids, it had to retire. BS!

So now, we have what looks like a Fox, Furley the Fox (to go with the Calgary Flames Harvey the Hound).

We have our own Fox and the Hound in the Saddledome!

Kristi
07-28-2005, 04:26 PM
We have a bear (obviously!!) and he's not too scary for young children!

ihlemic10
07-31-2005, 09:35 PM
We have a bear (obviously!!) and he's not too scary for young children!

Hopefully this year he can skate a little better. I remember when he was skating around last year and ran into one of the goals. Also he needed alot of work on his stops, they were terrible.

Beaner
07-31-2005, 10:43 PM
We here in Vancouver have a Lumberjack - named Jack the Giant. Matches the Logo.

Wildeyes
08-03-2005, 05:33 PM
in Prince Albert we have a Pirate named riley the raider

GBG BLEED BLUE
08-03-2005, 09:58 PM
In Saskatoon we had a dog named "Helmut" but he retired so we have to find a new mascot. Hopefully the next mascot is better then "Helmutt" He was dressed in a home Blades Bulldoser jersey and we had our new 3rds, they could have at least dressed him in that?

IamBatman
08-03-2005, 10:40 PM
In Kelowna, we have a raccoon named Rocky. Which is interesting considering that we're named the Rockets, have an Ogopogo for our logo and a raccoon for a mascot. Not quite sure what happened there... :confused:

2 or 3 years ago, we had a "co-mascot" name Rocketman. What a gong show he was. He came out of the scoreboard for his unvieling and the guy could barley skate. He didn't last long......

Jovorock
08-04-2005, 08:44 AM
2 or 3 years ago, we had a "co-mascot" name Rocketman. What a gong show he was. He came out of the scoreboard for his unvieling and the guy could barley skate. He didn't last long......
Rocketman was pretty lame, but so is Rocky Racoon. At the Memorial Cup in Kelowna Rrory from the Tigers was great. So was the mascot from Guelph, both were greatand very entertaining. I wish the Rockets brass would spend a couple bucks and get a good and entertaining person to wear the racoon costume.

Sput
08-04-2005, 10:19 AM
We have Rowdy Cat, a big cartoonish cougar. He was great last year so I hope they have the same guy this year. He switches his jersey to what ever the team is wearing that game. If its the home whites he has a white on and same if they team wears their thirds.

gohawks
08-05-2005, 02:26 AM
We here in the rose city have Tomahawk. An eagle-like jersey wearing jerk-a$$ that manages to gets his stupid giant eagle head in front of the most important play of every game.

Now granted that it's only the "most important play of the game" because it's the one that I missed, not because it was actually important, but that’s not the point.

C.F
08-08-2005, 03:25 AM
The Giants...Have a Giant. A very dumb one at that.

In between periods one game when the kids came out to play, Jack and his dumb friend tony the tiger were the refs. While Tony dropped the puck, Jack was pulling one of the nets to the blueline to make the playing space smaller. Next thing you know, Jack nails 3 kids with the net. Good one, losers!

Not to mention they sometimes forget to sit once the play starts(forcing me to throw popcorn at them ;) )

I say we just hire crazy george full time!

Beaner
08-08-2005, 09:03 AM
I say we just hire crazy george full time!

Please no. George is worse than that giant, with him "explaining" how to do the cheers to everyone.

Broncs in RD
08-08-2005, 10:02 AM
In Swift we have a horse named Charlie. I took a couple of friends to Swift Current from Red Deer to a game and they were impressed with Charlie Horse. He can be pretty funny at times and if Swift's rink wasn't full of 70 year olds he could really get a crowd going.

peatfan
08-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Hey Jovorock, if you want to see a lame mascot check out the new and improved(?) Hitmen thing. Furley the Fox or someting stupid like that. They had the best in the league in the Vulk for nine years(first year was the Velcro Man-better than Foxie but still lame). and then someone thought it scared kids. Took nine years to deduce this. Must be a government man. Crowd hasn't taken to the fox so hopefully the Vulk makes a return!!

WHEATMAN
08-08-2005, 12:26 PM
he have willie the coyote who we have had for as long as i can remember, but he used to have a sidekick called k-bell which was a girl polar bear wearing a skirt thank god it is gone

ynot
08-08-2005, 09:42 PM
As someone already mentioned, Tigers have Rroary Tiger as our mascot. He has always been pretty entertaining....considerate enough not to get his big head in the way of the important plays as well!! He can really get the crowd going...not that they need a lot of help in that department these past few years!!!

RDRebelsfan
08-08-2005, 09:55 PM
As someone already mentioned, Tigers have Rroary Tiger as our mascot. He has always been pretty entertaining....considerate enough not to get his big head in the way of the important plays as well!! He can really get the crowd going...not that they need a lot of help in that department these past few years!!!

I thought sideshow was the Tigers mascot?

Anyway everyone knows we have Wully Bully...........*yawn* that's all I'll say about him. or her?

saskdevil
08-10-2005, 09:36 PM
in Prince Albert we have a Pirate named riley the raider
The wife and I went on a Blades bus trip to PA once and Riley sat beside us and holy mackerel did he smell like a combination of onions and B.O. It was unbearable!!! He must have been trying to be like an authentic pirate, smell and all!! :laugh:

Jimmypop316
08-11-2005, 02:22 AM
We've got Boomer the Bear here in Spokane. (we call him *****). And pretty dumb, but last year they got a new guy to be a Boomer and I kid you not that guy was on something because he had waaay to much energy and was constantly trying to get in the goal judges box. *shakes head* CRAZY!

fightstrap50
08-11-2005, 12:35 PM
I just wish that the ICE would bring back the old mascot(shivers) and get rid of the ugly puked up hair ball we have now. Its terrible to watch this thing walking around. The poor guy that wears it is to embarrsed to have any excitment in this disgusting costume. BRING BACK THE OLD SUIT ICE!!! :(

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Have a Abominal Snowman or Yeti(i think he is a yeti, they just said something about an abominal snowman in the introduction) The yeti's name is poke check and his number is -42. He is not as energetic as Hellmutt was but it is only the begining of the season though.

IR GARD
09-29-2005, 04:51 PM
I know that it is not the "Dub" but the Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) have Chief Wannawin.......The most entertaining mascot in Junior Hockey. This guy stole the Royal Bank Cup final game in Fort McMurray in 2000 and the Chiefs weren't even playing. Although he is known to annoy the visiting fans all of the little kids love him. The drum he bangs makes your head rattle. Hopefully he carries on with the Bruins next year.....Let's hope that the mascot that is chosen is not an embarrasment.

Rebels Rock
09-29-2005, 05:12 PM
well for the rebels..(atleast for the playoffs..)..i think that the cowboys are better at getting the crowd going ...thats jsut in my opionion....they should jsut hire them lol