PDA

View Full Version : Steve Hildebrand New Assistant GM

Uknownothing
06-19-2014, 05:32 PM
Blades hire Steve (Hilty) Hildebrand as new assistant GM. Congrats to him and well deserved, a Jack of all trades, another good step for a rebuilding team. :clap:

Trav
06-19-2014, 06:18 PM
When I heard awhile ago that this was going to happen, it surprised me, but after thinking about it, it makes a lot of sense. Hilty has been in the league for a long time so he's seen what it takes to be a player in the league. He's well respected in the hockey world. He'll do a good job.

It's expected an assistant coach will be announced in the new few days as well player signings. Won't be surprised if Wyatt Sloboshan is one of them.

Sounds like there's spots open for Engele and Cheveldae to return to the team next season should they decide to. Cheveldae has already said he'd like to come back, haven't heard if Engele is interested or not.

curwie
06-19-2014, 10:57 PM
When I heard awhile ago that this was going to happen, it surprised me, but after thinking about it, it makes a lot of sense. Hilty has been in the league for a long time so he's seen what it takes to be a player in the league. He's well respected in the hockey world. He'll do a good job.

It's expected an assistant coach will be announced in the new few days as well player signings. Won't be surprised if Wyatt Sloboshan is one of them.

Sounds like there's spots open for Engele and Cheveldae to return to the team next season should they decide to. Cheveldae has already said he'd like to come back, haven't heard if Engele is interested or not.

Good to hear.

Engele was at the spring camp on the bench so I think he's still interested.

Trav
06-20-2014, 03:56 PM
Oh yeah, that's right to. Engele and Chevy along Ryan Keller were all out on the ice with the prospects. I think Keller could step behind the bench when he's done playing hockey.

Very curious to see who Bob Woods hires to be his assistant, three candidates, two of them have coached or are coaching in the WHL.

curwie
06-26-2014, 09:27 PM

I won't be surprised either if Wyatt has signed. Huge news! I wonder if he and Hebig will play together?