PDA

View Full Version : Draisaitl Signs

Wildeyes
08-12-2014, 11:33 AM
The Edmonton Oilers announced today, they have signed centre Leon Draisaitl to a three-year entry level contract.

Draisaitl, who was selected 3rd overall in the 2014 NHL Draft, played in 64 games last season for the Western Hockey League’s Prince Albert Raiders, collecting 105 points and setting career highs in both goals (38) and assists (67), as well as recording 24 penalty minutes. He also appeared in four playoff games, tallying three points (1G, 2A) and four penalty minutes.

In 2013-14, Draisaitl also finished tied for fourth in WHL scoring with 105 points and ranked third in assists (67). He also participated in the 2014 Canadian Hockey League Top Prospects Game.

The Cologne, Germany native has represented his country several times internationally, most recently at the 2014 World Hockey Championship, recording four points (1G, 3A) in seven games.

The 6’1”, 209-pound centre has represented Germany twice at the World Junior Hockey Championship (2013, 2014), as well as two appearances at the Under-18 World Junior Hockey Championship (2012, 2013) and was a member of Team Germany at the 2012 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge.

radrguy
08-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Good for him, crappy for the raiders. I have a feeling PA won't be seeing Leon at all next season.

Sttop
08-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Great for Leon , he worked hard for it . But I will disagree with you . I think Leon will be back after his 9 games . Unless he is a legit top 3 forward on the team. which imo means he has to be better then yakupov , and RNH . I am not saying he cant do it , but I do believe that the Oilers learned from Nail .

Wapitikev
08-13-2014, 11:16 AM
Awesome! Great job Leon!

He'll go on to a great career in the NHL.

The Raider fan in me is disappointed that he has the chance to play in the NHL on the second line with other great line-mates but the Leon fan in me says that I may just have to finally become an Oilers fan after 30-plus years.

I do not think he will be back...which means nothing but good for the development of the talent that we still have on the Raiders' roster. They need the playing-time to do that and they will not get it with Leon playing 35 or more minutes a game.

All the best Leon...I hope you light up the NHL and not the other way around.

-Wapitikev