PDA

View Full Version : Uhrich to SAS

patsdude114
09-08-2014, 03:05 PM
http://www.whl.ca/article/blades-acquire-uhrich-from-warriors

SASKATOON - General Manager and Head Coach Bob Woods announced today that the Saskatoon Blades have acquired '96-born forward Josh Uhrich from the Moose Jaw Warriors in exchange for a fourth-round pick in the 2015 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.

The 18-year-old product of Rosetown, SK, recorded 10 goals and 24 points in 126 games combined over the past two seasons in Moose Jaw.

In 2011-12, Uhrich helped the Saskatoon Contacts win the SMHL and West Region 'AAA' championships, scoring eight goals and 17 points in 39 regular-season games before adding another goal and two assists in the playoffs. Advancing to the 2012 TELUS Cup National Midget Championship, Uhrich tallied a goal and 24 penalty minutes en route to a bronze medal in Leduc, AB.

Uhrich was drafted by the Warriors in the second round – 33rd overall – in 2011

patsdude114
09-08-2014, 03:06 PM
I always liked Uhrich's game.... he is a pest on the ice and those players are few and far between from how common they used to be. I say good pick up by the Blades

curwie
09-08-2014, 03:58 PM
I always liked Uhrich's game.... he is a pest on the ice and those players are few and far between from how common they used to be. I say good pick up by the Blades

Agreed. Also everytime I've seen him play he works his tail off.

Trav
09-08-2014, 05:03 PM
Decent pickup. This is the type of player that I thought the Blades needed to get, after watching them play against PA. A guy that will be in ur face, wont back down. Scored 9 goals last yr which isn't bad. Hopefully he can do his thing without sitting to much in the penalty box.

Wonder why the Warriors gave him up.

curwie
09-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Decent pickup. This is the type of player that I thought the Blades needed to get, after watching them play against PA. A guy that will be in ur face, wont back down. Scored 9 goals last yr which isn't bad. Hopefully he can do his thing without sitting to much in the penalty box.

Wonder why the Warriors gave him up.

A fourth round pick is a pretty fair return for him I think. Not sure why they were willing to deal him. I expected more from the Warriors last year as they looked like they were going to be an up and coming team the year before last. Not sure what to expect out of them this year.

Trav
09-08-2014, 05:32 PM
A fourth round pick is a pretty fair return for him I think. Not sure why they were willing to deal him. I expected more from the Warriors last year as they looked like they were going to be an up and coming team the year before last. Not sure what to expect out of them this year.

With this trade, it's probably safe to assume, a few forwards will be gone in the next day or two. Perhaps even a couple veterans.

curwie
09-08-2014, 05:35 PM
With this trade, it's probably safe to assume, a few forwards will be gone in the next day or two. Perhaps even a couple veterans.

Hahaha, okay if you hear or read anything please let us know. #bladeswebsitenotdependable

sbtatter
09-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Good guy to have on your grit line. Good pick up for the Blades