PDA

View Full Version : Blades release Harland...

Trav
09-16-2014, 07:18 PM
http://www.saskatoonblades.com/article/blades-release-logan-harland

I'm a bit surprise but not really since I was told during the off season, he'd likely be gone. Still though I thought he'd be a good vet to have on a 3rd line but the Blades are really going with a youth movement it seems like. Also thought maybe another trade would give up a late pick and give him a shot.

With Herringer coming here, it's hard not to speculate on Trombley's possible departure. I think Martin will be a good goaltender so can't see him being released.

To be honest though I think Trombley has been their best 20 yr old in the pre-season so if he goes then Clayton and Stovin should be next.

BigCat20
09-16-2014, 08:49 PM
http://www.saskatoonblades.com/article/blades-release-logan-harland

I'm a bit surprise but not really since I was told during the off season, he'd likely be gone. Still though I thought he'd be a good vet to have on a 3rd line but the Blades are really going with a youth movement it seems like. Also thought maybe another trade would give up a late pick and give him a shot.

With Herringer coming here, it's hard not to speculate on Trombley's possible departure. I think Martin will be a good goaltender so can't see him being released.

To be honest though I think Trombley has been their best 20 yr old in the pre-season so if he goes then Clayton and Stovin should be next.

Weird for him to stay in the city over the summer, & be let go now. Worked hard, scored more than a few guys still on the roster. So I don't get it, unless they seen him playing only parttime???

As for Trombley, only way he stayed this yr was if he came in & played lights out......which hasn't happened. I'm gonna disagree that he's played the best of the 3 overagers. Still think Stovin stays for leadership!

For me, getting 3 new 20's is gonna cost a bunch of picks. Or your getting the scraps. Why make moves for an average 20? You'd be better off developing a younger guy, giving him quality minutes, esp if you can get the same out of them as you would with any 20 you bring in!

That's my thoughts!

What's the plan with the backend then? Bring in experienced 20? Who goes then? Cuz I'm disappointed they let go of Dwyer. Maybe he would have been last cut & they wanted him to start his season/school sooner. Don't see any chance that Hnidy lasts much longer. What's everyone thoughts?

curwie
09-16-2014, 10:56 PM
Sad to see Logan go. But, the young guys look really good so far, and, there's only so much room on the roster.

I've actually liked the play of all 3 of our 20 year olds this pre season. Clayton looks like he wants to be a leader. Stovin is a Leader, and Trombley has played well. Problem is Trevor Martin looks like he could be real good. And let's face it, if you don't have to use a overage spot for the goaltender, you don't. This new tender from Victoria looks intriguing as well.