PDA

View Full Version : Blades trade Scherbak to Everett...

Trav
09-22-2014, 10:08 AM
For 1st (2015) and 2nd (2016) round bantam picks and 17 yr old goaltender Nik Amundrud who sounds to b a top end young goaltender

http://m.saskatoonblades.com/article/blockbuster-trade-headlines-blades-player-moves

Would've liked to have seen some offense and defense but to get a 1st this yr is pretty good. Amundrud appears to be the key to the deal and I'm going to assume he's the starter

wango tango
09-22-2014, 10:49 AM
blades get amundrud, a 1st, and a 2nd for scherbak.

blades have four goaltenders: martin, amundrud, herringer, and trombley. have to think trombley is being moved or released?

still one too many. and an open 20 if it is trombley going.

curwie
09-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Tough to trade Sherback, but I do believe it was the right thing to do. I love the future of this team, the short term however, will be painful. Some real nice looking goaltenders in the system now. Let the auditions being!

Trombley has been released.

Trav
09-22-2014, 12:12 PM
It will painful but I can live with it. There's more deals to be made though. There's other veterans that should b releases or traded, including Forsberg whose been non existent. Waste of a spot of you ask me. Thomson wasn't very good last game

curwie
09-22-2014, 03:06 PM
It will painful but I can live with it. There's more deals to be made though. There's other veterans that should b releases or traded, including Forsberg whose been non existent. Waste of a spot of you ask me. Thomson wasn't very good last game

Yes very much agree on Forberg. Hopefully the coaches can get some more out of him. I have my doubts though.

Regarding Thomson. Besides the 3rd goal which was a terrible give away, he played very well both nights. After the 3rd goal Woods snapped and elbowed the plexiglass behind the bench. He wasn't happy with that goal at all and gave it to Thomson and Dea when they got to the bench. I believe he was upset with the lack of communication between D partners leading to the giveaway. It was nice to see that Woods has a mix of emotions. Not just a you'll do better next time kind of guy. Positive, but not scared to put the hammer down. I like his style so far.

Sttop
09-22-2014, 03:10 PM
I watched both games and to me the best young players I saw were ottenbreit, sloboshan so? , and Martin . Can't believe how far forsberg has fallen. And to think lots of scouts thought it was Fiddler that wouldn't be able to live without Forsberg . Little Braid sure reminds me of his brother and that's good news for Blades fans .

BigCat20
09-22-2014, 04:12 PM
Definitely, the young guys are who stuck out this wkend, gonna add Higson. Vets zajac, krupic & Hebig played well also. Looks like they have an idea where they are going in goal & mostly up front. Questioning why no dmen were released/assigned??? Maybe waiting for Nogier to come back, prob very soon. Not sure where they are gonna go back there. Nikkel is playing his way off the team, with the addition of Schacher, who plays the same role. Also wondering if they will continue with 3 young rookie dmen. Ottenbreit looked the best.... Reid & Higson play differently, so rather offensive upside of Reid or all round player of Higson? Who plays with Nogier???

Krupic - Nogier
Ottenbreit - Thomson
Dea/Nikkel - Schacher
Higson/Reid

Problem is Higson & Reid are righties, not sure they unseat any of Nogier, Thomson, Schacher. Who moves to opposite side to make room for them! Maybe Schacher moves over to play with one of the rookies. Keep Dea as 7th then?

Trav
09-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Really think that once Sherbak is in Everett and the picks become Saskatoon's, we will see the Blades move some picks for a top 4 dman. Until Sherbak is in Everett the picks are conditional

curwie
09-22-2014, 05:58 PM
On a side note, Sawyer Lang is a terrific hockey player. Very nice to watch him even though he wears the wrong colors.

Any speculation on potential future Blade d men Trav?

curwie
09-22-2014, 05:59 PM
Definitely, the young guys are who stuck out this wkend, gonna add Higson. Vets zajac, krupic & Hebig played well also. Looks like they have an idea where they are going in goal & mostly up front. Questioning why no dmen were released/assigned??? Maybe waiting for Nogier to come back, prob very soon. Not sure where they are gonna go back there. Nikkel is playing his way off the team, with the addition of Schacher, who plays the same role. Also wondering if they will continue with 3 young rookie dmen. Ottenbreit looked the best.... Reid & Higson play differently, so rather offensive upside of Reid or all round player of Higson? Who plays with Nogier???

Krupic - Nogier
Ottenbreit - Thomson
Dea/Nikkel - Schacher
Higson/Reid

Problem is Higson & Reid are righties, not sure they unseat any of Nogier, Thomson, Schacher. Who moves to opposite side to make room for them! Maybe Schacher moves over to play with one of the rookies. Keep Dea as 7th then?

Not to nitpick your post but Higson is a leftie.

Sttop
09-22-2014, 06:54 PM
On a side note, Sawyer Lang is a terrific hockey player. Very nice to watch him even though he wears the wrong colors.

Any speculation on potential future Blade d men Trav?

I agree . One of the most under rated dmen in the league. Playing in Morrissey's shadow. I sure hope the Raiders don't trade him. But the Raiders are very deep on the backend . Hart, Conroy , and Brooks are all very popular with the brass as well tho.

BigCat20
09-22-2014, 08:34 PM
Not to nitpick your post but Higson is a leftie.

Blades site has him as right! If he is left, think they would be better at having accurate info on team site.

As for trades........love to see them use some picks on a stud forward &/or dman. Like them to get 17-18 yr old that will be around for awhile. Not many teams willing to give up on these kind of guys. Or tough it out this yr, give young guys experience. Don't want to see wasting picks on guys not here for more than 1-2 yrs. 2 yrs from now, this team should be back near the top of the conf with the young guys they have. Can see them going a getting a 20 yr old dman.

curwie
09-22-2014, 10:12 PM
Blades site has him as right! If he is left, think they would be better at having accurate info on team site.

As for trades........love to see them use some picks on a stud forward &/or dman. Like them to get 17-18 yr old that will be around for awhile. Not many teams willing to give up on these kind of guys. Or tough it out this yr, give young guys experience. Don't want to see wasting picks on guys not here for more than 1-2 yrs. 2 yrs from now, this team should be back near the top of the conf with the young guys they have. Can see them going a getting a 20 yr old dman.

Hahaha not surprised about the Blades site having him listed wrong. The new communications guy has been terrific with the Bladestv stuff and lots of videos, but has dropped the ball a few times in terms of not posting cuts (twice that happened) not updating the 50 players in the system, etc.

Trav
09-22-2014, 10:16 PM
Hahaha not surprised about the Blades site having him listed wrong. The new communications guy has been terrific with the Bladestv stuff and lots of videos, but has dropped the ball a few times in terms of not posting cuts (twice that happened) not updating the 50 players in the system, etc.

I've tweeted to the Blades about the outdated "In the system" section. They say that they will have it updated soon. Could be their waiting for all the trades to take place. Hopefully it'll be updated soon.

curwie
09-22-2014, 10:35 PM
I've tweeted to the Blades about the outdated "In the system" section. They say that they will have it updated soon. Could be their waiting for all the trades to take place. Hopefully it'll be updated soon.

I saw that. Truthfully I love the new information being provided. Just don't want them to ignore us hard core folk who like to be updated right away regarding roster cuts, and moves etc.

curwie
09-22-2014, 10:37 PM
I agree . One of the most under rated dmen in the league. Playing in Morrissey's shadow. I sure hope the Raiders don't trade him. But the Raiders are very deep on the backend . Hart, Conroy , and Brooks are all very popular with the brass as well tho.

Hart was scratched both games wasn't he?

Wapitikev
09-23-2014, 01:21 AM
Hart was scratched both games wasn't he?Yup...missed all of camp and the pre-season (and a shot at an NHL camp invite) as well, re-habbing an injury...could be ready for this Saturday's game. We'll see if his red no-contact jersey comes off in practice this week. He has a long way to go in 3 weeks to bump Brooks out of a spot...Conroy should be looking over his shoulder.

Not sure that Lange would be moved unless a 20yo upgrade could be found elsewhere, thereby making him expendable.

-Wapitikev

ontheice
09-24-2014, 04:32 PM

Agree regarding Forsberg. They should have moved the likes of Gomerich to PG instead of Hopkins. I loved Hopkins in last years camp and the games he played last year. He was quick and fun to watch. Hopkins scored a goal in PG's first game, Forsberg nothing in two games. We are stuck with Forsberg now, hopefully they can rekindle the kids passion to play.

ontheice
09-24-2014, 04:34 PM
Anyone know what the scoop is for defense? Are all the cuts done? Are the remaining D what the Blades are going forward with?

JMoney1988
09-24-2014, 05:50 PM
Well from what I saw on the website and Facebook....., Nogier is back, Reid got sent down and Hnidy got released..., apart from that I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trav
09-24-2014, 05:51 PM
I don't think the Blades are done with their defense. Sounds like Schacher is here to stay as he adds size to the team and is a veteran.

With Reid sent down today, it leaves the team with 8 D-men which leaves probably one guy for sure to be moved, maybe more. If the Blades go and get a 20 yr old D-man, I wouldn't mind Kyle Becker from the Tigers if they're moving him, or even Tyler Lewington

Trav
09-28-2014, 03:18 PM
Scherbak has been re-assigned to Everett today so the two picks to the Blades become official.

Now hopefully the Tips don't do that well and that 1st rounder is a high pick ;)