PDA

View Full Version : Burroughs

RWAH
09-24-2014, 11:22 AM
From Phil's blog
Regina Pats captain Kyle Burroughs has been re-assigned to the team by the New York Islanders. Burroughs is entering is 19 year old season with the Pats and his second year as the teams captain.

Kyle put up career highs last season with 8 goals, 40 points and was a plus 14 in 58 games played. For his WHL career he has 85 points and is a plus 13.

Burroughs was selected int he 7th round by New York in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.

This will help for the week-end

patsdude114
09-24-2014, 11:36 AM
any help on our backend is needed as lets face it Hansen looks worse on defense then he does at forward.

I would expect to see someone released/reassigned/traded after this weekends slate of games..... any thoughts on who this may be? We got 15 forwards with the team right now & (4) are 20yr olds

Hansen??
McVeigh??
D'Amico??

or maybe a possible trade of a younger guy who they would normally reassign just to recoup a pick?

witness
09-24-2014, 11:47 AM
After last game my vote would be for Christoffer.

I just don't think that McVeigh has done enough to stick around. the fact that Hansen was playing defence shows that they don't see a role for him at forward. I would hate to see Hansen take ice time away from Hilsendanger or Krushen.

In my mind, the bubble guys up front are Hansen, Kroeker, Zimmer, and Cole. I can't see Hansen staying and being happy to be scratched to get the younger guys ice time.

I haven't really seen Kroeker to have an opinion. But, I like Cole and Zimmer needs more ice time than what he got last year to show any development.

RWAH
09-24-2014, 12:01 PM
Hansen will move to forward for the week-end and play one game, The 2 I see reassigned are Hansen and McVeigh.

chopper
09-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Lethbridge just picked up Zane Jones who is a real good player from Everett. It might suggest that either Bell or Walters may be had in a trade. Bell is hometown guy who might look good in a Pats uni. ??

crashnbang
09-24-2014, 01:36 PM
any help on our backend is needed as lets face it Hansen looks worse on defense then he does at forward.

I would expect to see someone released/reassigned/traded after this weekends slate of games..... any thoughts on who this may be? We got 15 forwards with the team right now & (4) are 20yr olds

Hansen??
McVeigh??
D'Amico??

or maybe a possible trade of a younger guy who they would normally reassign just to recoup a pick?

Although Stephenson is still on the roster, I think we should just take him out of consideration as he will be in Hershey this year so that leaves (4) 20 year olds. (Christoffer, McVeigh, D'Amico, Padakin). Does Padakin (a 20 year old Import) count as both an overage and import? Or just one or the other? If Padakin is used only as an import, that leaves an extra 20 yr old spot and I'd say they are all safe for now and that Hansen is shipped out soon but we still look for creative ways to land a D-Man. If Padakin is taking up an import an overage spot then I think McVeigh also shipped out and that D'Amico who plays a more complete game stays - leaving Christoffer, D'Amico and Padakin as our 20 years olds.

If I was in charge, McVeigh and/or Hansen would be shipped out before any one of our 17 year olds. I don't like reassigning any one of our 17 year olds because they are all WHL quality players in my mind - McAmmond and Cole definitely belong is this league from what I've seen. If Zimmer gets an opportunity I think he may surprise some people as well but unfortunately he may be the first 17 year old forward to go if it comes to that.

Did you guys see Padakin's Teddy Bear goal? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikZejnU0uEY

patsdude114
09-24-2014, 01:38 PM
Lethbridge just picked up Zane Jones who is a real good player from Everett. It might suggest that either Bell or Walters may be had in a trade. Bell is hometown guy who might look good in a Pats uni. ??

I had thought that exact same thing about Bell...... He brings a hard nosed game something we don't have on the back end and he would be an upgrade over McVeigh and D'Amico.

As for Christoffer he is a lock on the roster, you don't get an NHL invite for doing nothing. He brings what we lack and that's a physical presence and has some toughness to him even at 5'10. He took some bad penalties everyone agrees and himself as well but he has to play like that to be effective

Shooter
09-24-2014, 01:57 PM
Trade Talk & Deals:

All Teams have needs and see different things in every player!

20's- no one realistically safe at this point with the new trade brought in yesterday. This changes things big time 2...... SPOTTER!
Christopher
McVeigh
Damico

Overview:
19- Hansen possible move/deal or reassigned.
18- Brooks possible move/deal or reassigned and I'm sure he wants out of Regina.
17- Kroaker will be reassigned.
16- Smith will be reassigned.

Defence: To early right now....but need more size and hitters that play to punish guys and this will be addressed shortly.

In the Pipes: Could see movement per age bracket if the right deal and need is their but would be in late December as most goalies are always good on paper but games tell the report card.

The Pats 17 year olds pool will be of........ interest to many teams that strategically rebuild and develop per plan and process!

witness
09-24-2014, 03:42 PM
Overview:
18- Brooks possible move/deal or reassigned and I'm sure he wants out of Regina.
16- Smith will be reassigned

Then the Pats will be down to 12 forwards?????

I just can't see Brooks going anywhere. The Pats only have 2 - 18 year olds on their roster. They are looking to add in that age group not subtract.

The Pats will be looking to subtract from the 19 year old age group through a deal or reassignment. Not the younger age groups

The Pats do have a number of 17 year olds that are ready for the WHL. So you don't think that is the age group they are building around??

WesternHockeyScout
09-24-2014, 03:48 PM
I just can't see Brooks going anywhere. The Pats only have 2 - 18 year olds on their roster. They are looking to add in that age group not subtract.

The Pats will be looking to subtract from the 19 year old age group through a deal or reassignment. Not the younger age groups

Bingo!

chopper
09-24-2014, 04:15 PM
There is a caveat surrounding Brooks IMO. Do you keep a 96 if he is not producing, and solely because of his birthday? He has not done anything as a 16 or 17 year old and has yet to show he belongs. All we are doing is "hoping" he comes around.

There is nothing to stop a "rearrangement" of our 96's and there are currently only two. Neither are impact players. We need 18 year olds but they must be capable of becoming solid 19 year old next season. IMO he performed roughly the level Kammerer did.

Keeping a guy just solely because of his birthday is questionable. In the upcoming days and months we need more 96's but moreover we need some better ones. IMO Harrison has shown he is the only true 96 building block we have. Brooks hasn't done anything to show he should stay. Moving kammerer shows they aren't afraid to move 18 year olds. As a 3rd year player he will be no better than a 3rd line player. Is that good enough coming from a 2nd rnd bantam pick? Just saying…….food for thought.

We may have to move a 96(Brooks) 97(Regan or Zimmer) , 95 (Hanson) and perhaps one 20 (McVeigh) to get a couple "good" 96's and d-man. I read where Reid Duke isn't happy. Duke, Folk and Bell would be nice additions. Really we don't have good 96's to add to.

patsdude114
09-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Overview:
16- Smith will be reassigned.

Kroeker and Smith are not going anywhere, if they were sending Smith back to midget they would of done so already due to schooling commitments.

I attended the Pats practice today and for the first 30mins of practice all they were working on was the PP & Kroeker was the center of the 2nd unit, they wouldn't be wasting time on him on that unit if they were reassigning him to Jr. A... what was very interesting though is they had Brooks on the point with Williams, but 1 would assume Burroughs will take that spot of Brooks.

Not on the ice for today's practice was Wagner McVeigh Burroughs

As for the '96 group yes its very weak and i can see a change with a swap for 18yr old for 18yr old . When you have a strong group of 17s and a quality 17 in Berg who did not make the cut you can afford to have a weak 18yr old group and just move forward with the 17s you have. We do have (5) '97 on forward still and they all have been playing some key roles besides Kroeker due to the opening weekend. Cole and McAmmond are slowly turning into PK guys.

We have 16 forwards and in that is (4) 20yr olds so one has to go so really we got 15 forwards kicking around still and IMO i think Hansen is on his way out prob as early as next week since Burroughs is back. So getting rid of 1 20yr old and a guy like Hansen puts us at 14 forwards and that's where you want to be. Our defense is already set and has been for a week or so already having 7 Dmen is what you want. Sure we may lack some beef back there so there may still be some roster juggling, seeing a guy like Bell come in would be great then that would mean 2 of either McVeigh/ D'Amico/ Christoffer would be gone and i truly do not see Christoffer going anywhere as he brings the most out of those 3 guys.

Myself i would love to see a package like this sent to LETH

Hansen
Brooks
Berg (cant afford to give away anymore picks so throw in a quality list player)

for

Bell
Folk (local kid 18yrs old and an upgrade over Brooks in terms of bringing more all around game)

then trade McVeigh to a team that needs a 20yr old upgrade for a 5th or 6th and move D'Amico via trade or release. Our roster numbers would still be same in terms of total numbers but get down 1 less forward and add 1 more Dman, i mean lets face it you always get injuries especially on defense having 8 Dmen is a good number to have.

Obviously its a pipe dream talking a trade in what you want to send out and get back. But our roster needs alittle tinkering still and needs some beef on it while not giving away more picks.

WesternHockeyScout
09-24-2014, 07:06 PM
Moving kammerer shows they aren't afraid to move 18 year olds. As a 3rd year player he will be no better than a 3rd line player. Is that good enough coming from a 2nd rnd bantam pick? Just saying…….food for thought.
Well, Kammerer is an import. Very rare for those guys to stay as 20 year olds anyways.

My point is, if you are building for the future and building around Sam Steel then the time to address your 18 year old group is now. You want to have quality 20 year olds on your team when Steel is in his prime at 18 and if you wait until next year to upgrade this age group (or the year after) , then you just continue on the Parker treadmill of giving away more draft picks for marginal 19 and 20's.

You can stop that bleeding right now by acquiring a couple 18 year olds that will be here when they are 20. Maybe Harrison is one of them. Maybe Brooks is another. You need at least one more, if not 2, for some insurance. Cheaper to get them now, looking for 18 year olds due to break out, then to try and get them next year as established 19 year olds, or the following year as established 20 year olds.

I still maintain that Klimchuck would best utilized addressing this glaring weakness. If you can bring in 2 guys right now who will play 3 full years and be quality contributing 19 and 20 year olds, maybe playing as many as 400 games for the Pats combined and leading your guys - that's a pretty good return for 3 1/2 months of Morgan.

sbtatter
09-24-2014, 08:59 PM
Will the Pats get the same haul for Klimchuk that the Blades got for Scherback? Not sure another team would overpay as much as Everett did?

chopper
09-24-2014, 09:43 PM
WESTERNHOCKEYSCOUT

I totally get where your coming from and I don't necessarily disagree with the logic. It has some merit. I also understand where PD114 was coming from. With the shortage of draft picks 2015, 2016 that we operating under, not recovering some of those picks picks could set us back even further.

If we could recover some draft picks and get an 18 year old to boot, then I think that should be very doable. Depending on the year we have Klimchuk, Burroughs, and Wapple could be all dealt at the deadline. if we could get a couple 96's out of that and restock our draft board as well, things would be right in Patsland..lol. This is merely a thought but if Stephenson was sent back to Jr for any reason, I'm betting he would be moved for a good haul. The assets he could bring would be invaluable for a rebuilding/restocking club.

We should do something to help Steel and ourselves. One scout said that he doesn't think Steel will be here longer than 3 years. We better have something cooking when he's here for his 18 year old season. We may not see him when he's 19.

chopper
09-24-2014, 09:51 PM
Will the Pats get the same haul for Klimchuk that the Blades got for Scherback? Not sure another team would overpay as much as Everett did?

There are two thoughts on this. Some people think that if you trade early the buying team has the player longer (more games) hence more value. The other thought is that at the deadline some teams that think they can legitimately make a run for it, will pay heavy for a proven star. History has shown that they often do just that.

I think the value of an NHL 1st rounder has been pegged and I fully expect that when Klimchuk is moved, there will be a very strong return.

patsdude114
09-25-2014, 08:20 AM

Not much of an over payment at all really..... Scherback is hands down the top euro in the WHL if he is returned (when the picks kick in) he should easily score 50 goals this year 40 forsure. Not bad when giving up a prospect goalie who didn't even make EVT that 16yr old Carter Hart already has a shutout this season. In 3 games (2 preseason 1 reg season) he has allowed 2 goals, pretty good for a 16yr old goalie.

So many think just cause these are euro's they shouldn't go for as much as a North American kid which I say BS too a rental player for 1yr doesn't matter if it's a euro or NA kid they want their talent for 1yr and 1yr only. Yes we are only allowed 2 euros but if you can add the top guy you send another euro home end of story.

As for the Steel comment if we only get Steel for 3yrs tops (which I expected anyways) it further more proves the point that we better get another 16yr in the Klimchuk deal who maybe isn't to highly touted by the NHL but who can be in the league til he is 19 or 20..... A guy like Kapsick in BRN will be a very good junior guy but Patrick and Clague could be gone after 3yrs as well.

sbtatter
09-25-2014, 08:34 AM
Not much of an over payment at all really..... Scherback is hands down the top euro in the WHL if he is returned (when the picks kick in) he should easily score 50 goals this year 40 forsure. Not bad when giving up a prospect goalie who didn't even make EVT that 16yr old Carter Hart already has a shutout this season. In 3 games (2 preseason 1 reg season) he has allowed 2 goals, pretty good for a 16yr old goalie.

So many think just cause these are euro's they shouldn't go for as much as a North American kid which I say BS too a rental player for 1yr doesn't matter if it's a euro or NA kid they want their talent for 1yr and 1yr only. Yes we are only allowed 2 euros but if you can add the top guy you send another euro home end of story.

As for the Steel comment if we only get Steel for 3yrs tops (which I expected anyways) it further more proves the point that we better get another 16yr in the Klimchuk deal who maybe isn't to highly touted by the NHL but who can be in the league til he is 19 or 20..... A guy like Kapsick in BRN will be a very good junior guy but Patrick and Clague could be gone after 3yrs as well.

I just think Sherback is gone for the start of the season, WJC possibly as well, and there always seems to be a bit more risk with a Euro prospect than an equivalent skilled NA prospect in junior. I think regina got a way better deal with padakin than Everett did with Sherbak, 2 spotter or not.....
The one hope for Bdn with patrick is that he's in the draft the year after Steel and Clague are, so he might stick around for 4 seasons......

patsdude114
09-25-2014, 10:03 AM
The one hope for Bdn with patrick is that he's in the draft the year after Steel and Clague are, so he might stick around for 4 seasons......

actually come to think of it Patrick is a late birthday and falls into the same thing Pulock did so unless he makes the NHL right out of the draft 4 seasons seems about right. But I guess a lot can happen from now until then when it comes to Steel and Clague and then sometimes NHL teams will send them back as well if they feel that junior team has a legit shot at a league championship which really favours the WKs

patsdude114
09-25-2014, 10:11 AM
the Canes have released Tyler Bell.... oh how I would love it if Paddock picked him up for nothing and then released D'Amico and try to trade McVeigh for a piddly pick

not 100% sure on the source yet if its true but I guess will find out sometime today if it is true or not

chopper
09-25-2014, 11:05 AM
Wow if that's the case I would sure like to see in our uni.. Last season I read the Lethbridge blog a fair bit and he seemed like one of their stalwarts. That even though they were having a terrible season. It will be interesting to see what happens…

It appears to be between Sheen and one of the d-men. With Sheen providing a scoring force for them up front, it seems he would be safe. They have two 20 year old d-men which would suggest one might go. Very interesting news. We could sure use a tough d-man.

patsdude114
09-25-2014, 11:35 AM
They have two 20 year old d-men which would suggest one might go. Very interesting news. We could sure use a tough d-man.

Just need that hard nosed physical guy his ability to fight just adds to it really... its not even that he is really tough just the willingness to drop them is what we lack

chopper
09-25-2014, 12:32 PM
Just need that hard nosed physical guy his ability to fight just adds to it really... its not even that he is really tough just the willingness to drop them is what we lack

Yup….agreed! It all about presence and the willingness to do what needs to be done. In the last couple years we've had Jobke and Zagraggen. Both were major contributors and gave us that shut-down type guy when required. I hope something developes..

patsdude114
09-25-2014, 07:08 PM
the Canes have released Tyler Bell.... oh how I would love it if Paddock picked him up for nothing and then released D'Amico and try to trade McVeigh for a piddly pick

not 100% sure on the source yet if its true but I guess will find out sometime today if it is true or not

I don't think my source (if you want to call it that) on the other board is correct. Think he was just making stuff up but either way Bell would be an upgrade on both D'Amico and McVeigh we can still hope can't we chopper lol

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-25-2014, 08:27 PM
someone once told me that you cant spell scrappy without crappy.

Id pass on Bell. He is willing to fight, I guess, but not the solution and not someone Id want as a 20, nevermind someone I would be fine with bumping a rookie out of his spot for what is probably only a slight upgrade. He isn't intimidating, imposing nor is he a particularily gifted fighter. Remember that Graham Hood was big too.

Think about it. He wasn't able to hold a 20 year old spot in Lethbridge. Let that sink in.

patsdude114
09-25-2014, 09:14 PM
Think about it. He wasn't able to hold a 20 year old spot in Lethbridge. Let that sink in.

ha that is a very good point but with that said he isn't as bad as you say he is either. Few teams go with (2) 20yr old Dmen and Walters is far better then Bell could ever dream to be... Bell is still better then Fenske was as a 20yr old and a lot of folks on here wanted Fenske to be kept around even though he was useless

chopper
09-25-2014, 09:51 PM
someone once told me that you cant spell scrappy without crappy.

Id pass on Bell. He is willing to fight, I guess, but not the solution and not someone Id want as a 20, nevermind someone I would be fine with bumping a rookie out of his spot for what is probably only a slight upgrade. He isn't intimidating, imposing nor is he a particularily gifted fighter. Remember that Graham Hood was big too.

Here is some food for thought! Last season McVeigh (F) had 26 pts and 17 pim playing with Medicine Hat and the Pats, two winning teams. Bell had 17 pts (d-man) and 145 pim playing on two losing teams. A 9 pt difference.

He has a cannon for a shot and played on the pp. We don't have anyone who can break glass with their shot from the point. We don't have a player over 6' who can stand up for the youngsters on our team. I don't know of anyone capable of that role.

It was and is tough for players to play in Lethbridge with the gong show going on there. I don't know if the Pats are interested in him or not but he brings far more than either McVeigh or D'Amico. I don't think any d-man would lose his spot. Some may play less.

I firmly believe that any team that has young talent better look after them physically. If you don't have that type of player available there is no positive message sent to the young guys. Bell filled that role with Lethbridge last season and still produced 17 pts.

Wardley would be good as well but who knows the price. Regardless of who they acquire, there is no question they need someone of that ilk. Right now we have no toughness whatsoever. Last year we had 3 guys over 100 pim. This year we have Christopher only.

An undisciplined 5'10" tough guys won't scare anyone. They need more and better find more. Christopher can get involved from time to time but we need him to be a productive 20+ goal man. You need more toughness than just one guy. Just random thoughts.

RWAH
09-25-2014, 10:25 PM
On the other player still at an NHL camp. The 6:00 sports on CTV reported Klimchuk was injured last night (suspected wrist or hand) any one hear other news about this.

Chopper I agree with your last post that Bell would give us some toughness and is as good as McVeigh or D'Amico

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-25-2014, 10:28 PM
...I wish this team would just get a legit goon already, instead of bandaids. Its more important than people think. It puts an ease on the minds of the players just knowing you have a big brother of sorts looking after you in case the other team pulls some ****, and having a guy like that in your corner, the players in turn will play more confident in every facet.

Yeah, we had 'fighters' who also played regular shifts, like Mitchell Leffler Teubert Stevenson etc but then they have apprehensions of protecting teammates because of the possibility of going to the box. It would be nice to have a Myles Stoesz or either one of the Boogaards standing by waiting to crack skulls of little head hunters without worrying about getting a misconduct. That's apart of what makes them intimidating, not just size and their bite.

...Especially with Steel on the team. He is the future, and perhaps the present, and despite what we are told by David Branch types and progressive fans, you certainly cant rely on the third party of apathetic officials to protect your team, or anyone. Its not enough. You just know someones going to take a run at him or someone like him, and depending on the team, they could get away with it.

chopper
09-25-2014, 10:47 PM
On the other player still at an NHL camp. The 6:00 sports on CTV reported Klimchuk was injured last night (suspected wrist or hand) any one hear other news about this.

Chopper I agree with your last post that Bell would give us some toughness and is as good as McVeigh or D'Amico

I didn't hear anything about Klimchuk but noted he didn't dress for the game tonight in Vancouver. Isn't this about the 3rd year in a row coming out of training camp where he was injured in one form or another? If it's true then he is on his way back soon.

SAJ brings up some important points. When you have a couple of the toughest guys in the league on your team, players play 3 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier. Every successful team at nearly every level have those guys. I hope our new GM gets that.

patsdude114
09-25-2014, 11:52 PM
Unfortunately those types of players (legit tough guys) are few and far between and if teams have one they don't give them away as they keep them for themselves. Kids now a days are such babies and tend not to have what it takes to fill that role in, plus regardless of what many believe those types of players are slowly getting weeded out of this game especially with recent law suits against leagues from the concussion stand point.

The worst thing about these so called tough guys is all they do is fight each other and there is no message sent to the other team when these guys fight each other. It's not how it used to be where you would get these tough guys sending messages by intimidating other teams stars. If players can't play as well they are pretty useless all around especially in the junior game, a guy like Bell for example can still play the game and for the record we only have 7 Dmen on our roster and we have always carried 8 normally.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-26-2014, 12:30 AM
Seemingly pointless macho fights have as much place in the game as fights fuelled by retribution. Fights in the sport are a package deal. All of none. Once some type of fights are prohibited, its only a matter of time with that precedent/foot hold, that all of will be gone. And as I said, even if these guys don't score 20 goals, sometimes just having a monster in the lineup every now and again is enough to spark the team and to keep the other team honest. Teams like players like that. Kind of like when the Pats had Kyle Freadrich. Play him sparsely but for the most part he is kept only if he is needed.

sbtatter
09-26-2014, 08:01 AM
Brandon has also been grappling how to look after guys like Patrick, Kaspick and Lewis, especially after the weekend when the Pats targeted Patrick a lot for "extra curricular" activity, got to protect him from all the slashing and after the whistle stuff.

patsdude114
09-26-2014, 08:22 AM
Brandon has also been grappling how to look after guys like Patrick, Kaspick and Lewis, especially after the weekend when the Pats targeted Patrick a lot for "extra curricular" activity, got to protect him from all the slashing and after the whistle stuff.

I think Patrick did pretty good with his Speer on Hilsendager after a battle in the corner. The Speer went unnoticed but was right infront of me, Hilsendager (I'm about 95% sure the battle was with Hilsendager) wanted to fight him but instead both of them got roughing calls after. A kid Patricks size and play style he is going to have to learn to fight soon I just hope it's not against some douche bag of a vet who jumps him. The fight between Smith and I think it was Kitt was a good young fight and a good way for Smith to get his feet wet with fighting in the WHL.

As for the whole tough guy role, the whole tough guy vs tough guy fight does nothing for the game itself. Sure teammates are going to support these guys cause it's not a thing everyone wants to do but to think TG vs TG changes the outcome of the game is just crazy hell it doesn't even change momentum. Don't get me wrong I enjoy watching these fights between 2 knuckle heads who can't play hockey to save their life (now a days) just saying they provide nothing to the game itself when they fight each other.... Everyone knows these 2 are going to fight some time during the game.

It was like when we had Stoez (sure I spelt that wrong) and Aaron Boogard with TC came into town the front page of the sports was all about these 2 guys fighting during the game. Sure it sold a few extra tickets but the fight itself did nothing for the outcome of the game.

sbtatter
09-26-2014, 09:00 AM
I think Patrick did pretty good with his Speer on Hilsendager after a battle in the corner. The Speer went unnoticed but was right infront of me, Hilsendager (I'm about 95% sure the battle was with Hilsendager) wanted to fight him but instead both of them got roughing calls after. A kid Patricks size and play style he is going to have to learn to fight soon I just hope it's not against some douche bag of a vet who jumps him. The fight between Smith and I think it was Kitt was a good young fight and a good way for Smith to get his feet wet with fighting in the WHL.

Not wanting to argue here, just talking,
It's interesting if guys think Patrick should have to fight when his style of play is more skill like Steel than rough/tough like Smith. I think Bdn view him as the equivalent of Steel, just bigger, and as a 16 year old, need to protect him from extra curricular activities on ice, just as regina will want to protect Steel.
Smith did really well in his fight with the older/bigger Kitt, he really will be a monster when he's 2nd/3rd year, and will be Steel's "Semenko", but way better skill level

patsdude114
09-26-2014, 09:19 AM
Not wanting to argue here, just talking,
It's interesting if guys think Patrick should have to fight when his style of play is more skill like Steel than rough/tough like Smith. I think Bdn view him as the equivalent of Steel, just bigger, and as a 16 year old, need to protect him from extra curricular activities on ice, just as regina will want to protect Steel.
Smith did really well in his fight with the older/bigger Kitt, he really will be a monster when he's 2nd/3rd year, and will be Steel's "Semenko", but way better skill level

oh buddy im not arguing was just saying is all from that situation on Saturday. Patrick does play a more physical game which is part of his size and one would think he will start to bang and crash more when he gets more comfortable in the league. If he starts to play a more power forward type game it will make him way more effective. Guys will expect him to drop the mitts at times just due to his size, and even more so if he makes giving a speer a regular thing just cause he doesn't like to battle in the corner. He prob lucky that speer was on another rookie and not someone who reacts before thinking ha like christoffer

chopper
09-26-2014, 09:26 AM

Don't give me BS about poor Patrick and how the bad Pats were after him… It never takes long for you to show your true colours. I have no idea why you post here.

Because of the score in the last Pats game, Brandon took more than a few liberties with Steel. From what i was able to see and hear they did the same thing the night before. Saturday he got extra sticks and gloves to the face and in the 3rd took some extra crap.

Patrick seems to know how to spear, then he better learn how to fight. I'm betting he doesn't do that to Baddock and other tough vets in this league. The outcome will be much different.

Brandon wasn't Lilly white yet over those two games, yet you come on here and single out the Pats for "targeting" Patrick. Not surprisingly you completely and conveniently forget to mention Brandon did that to Steel in both games.

I never singled Brandon out for going after Steel. I said we need an enforcer or two in order to look after our young guys. I also want that player to be able to play a little hockey.

I don't give a crap about Brandon and never have. I also didn't single them out after two games as being bullies against our young guys…. targeting..really!

sbtatter
09-26-2014, 09:39 AM
Don't give me BS about poor Patrick and how the bad Pats were after him… It never takes long for you to show your true colours. I have no idea why you post here.

Because of the score in the last Pats game, Brandon took more than a few liberties with Steel. From what i was able to see and hear they did the same thing the night before. Saturday he got extra sticks and gloves to the face and in the 3rd took some extra crap.

Patrick seems to know how to spear, then he better learn how to fight. I'm betting he doesn't do that to Baddock and other tough vets in this league. The outcome will be much different.

Brandon wasn't Lilly white yet over those two games, yet you come on here and single out the Pats for "targeting" Patrick. Not surprisingly you completely and conveniently forget to mention Brandon did that to Steel in both games.

I never singled Brandon out for going after Steel. I said we need an enforcer or two in order to look after our young guys. I also want that player to be able to play a little hockey.

I don't give a crap about Brandon and never have. I also didn't single them out after two games as being bullies against our young guys…. targeting..really!

I'm not picking a fight Chopper, just actually agreeing with you guys that you should get someone to look after Steel, as Bdn should to look after their high skill guys. I'm not saying "poor Patrick" or that regina are particularly tough on him, just they did what every team will do against a 16 year old.
And I agree that Patrick and Steel shouldn't agravate a guy like Baddock, that would only end in (their) tears.
I guess I post on here because Regina are Bdn's closest rivals, this is the most active team forum and it's interesting to interact with like minded people who follow the Eastern division. Of course I'm biased to seeing the good in Bdn, I'm a fan, but I wasn't trying to start a fight here, it may pain you to hear this but we're in violent agreement on skilled 16's needing a policeman who can play!!

chopper
09-26-2014, 09:54 AM
I'm not picking a fight Chopper, just actually agreeing with you guys that you should get someone to look after Steel, as Bdn should to look after their high skill guys. I'm not saying "poor Patrick" or that regina are particularly tough on him, just they did what every team will do against a 16 year old.
And I agree that Patrick and Steel shouldn't agravate a guy like Baddock, that would only end in (their) tears.
I guess I post on here because Regina are Bdn's closest rivals, this is the most active team forum and it's interesting to interact with like minded people who follow the Eastern division. Of course I'm biased to seeing the good in Bdn, I'm a fan, but I wasn't trying to start a fight here, it may pain you to hear this but we're in violent agreement on skilled 16's needing a policeman who can play!!

I understand all that. I think "targeting' may have been a harsh word and it got me going. I wouldn't have used that and I suspect it's not what you meant. I have no problem with kids getting a bit of a rough ride because that's a necessary part in their growth and development. That applies to all teams in the league including our favourite teams. I no more want to see patrick or Clague get hurt with a cheap shot than I would Steel. I pay among other things to see the stars of the league. No problems:)

sbtatter
09-26-2014, 10:01 AM
I understand all that. I think "targeting' may have been a harsh word and it got me going. I wouldn't have used that and I suspect it's not what you meant. I have no problem with kids getting a bit of a rough ride because that's a necessary part in their growth and development. That applies to all teams in the league including our favourite teams. I no more want to see patrick or Clague get hurt with a cheap shot than I would Steel. I pay among other things to see the stars of the league. No problems:)

You're right, targeting was the wrong word to use, my bad, and if Regina "targeted" Patrick, I'm pretty sure Bdn "targeted" Steel, so lets just say all teams "pay attention" to these skilled young guys!
If you guys go to MJ tonight, be interested to hear how you think Howden is progressing v Steel and Patrick.......

chopper
09-26-2014, 11:19 AM
You're right, targeting was the wrong word to use, my bad, and if Regina "targeted" Patrick, I'm pretty sure Bdn "targeted" Steel, so lets just say all teams "pay attention" to these skilled young guys!
If you guys go to MJ tonight, be interested to hear how you think Howden is progressing v Steel and Patrick.......

I'll be happy just to get a decent telecast feed tonight….lol

sbtatter
09-26-2014, 01:31 PM
I'll be happy just to get a decent telecast feed tonight….lol

Ha, MJ's shiny new rink should have a better quality than from Bdn based on the complaints I hear about the Bdn feed!

chopper
09-26-2014, 01:42 PM
Ha, MJ's shiny new rink should have a better quality than from Bdn based on the complaints I hear about the Bdn feed!

Might go anyway just so I can go to the National cafe and have their super eggs rolls. :)Old school al the way there but good…LOL