PDA

View Full Version : Giants 1 Cougars 2, Giants 1 Cats 2, Oct 10,11, 2014

dondo
10-17-2014, 10:58 AM
I listened to parts of both of these games. It seems Bellerive might have found a place with Foster and Benson, as they seemed to be the most dangerous line in PG. Foster is showing jump and consistency and I believe his point streak is still intact, garnering at least a point in every game so far this season. Carter Popoff also continues to be dangerous, but could not solve Edmonds in either game. Let's the hope the boys can get the win tonight and then carry it over into Saturdays Cougar rematch.

Kitty’s Revenge

Game 1 - Friday
Vancouver 1 Prince George 2

Game 2 – Saturday
Vancouver 1 Prince George 2

Last weekend the Giants went up to PG and dropped both games by the same score. Both games were actually fairly evenly played, but on Saturday the Giants special teams allowed 2 goals on 2 PP chances for the Cats and that was the game. Payton Lee was between the pipes for game 1 and Cody Porter got the start in game 2. Neither netminder could be really faulted for the loss, but it was Ty Edmonds at the other end who was arguably the Cats best player on the weekend.

Game 1:

The teams had a scoreless first. The Cougars had a 2-0 lead by the end of the second. The Giants scored in the early part of the third, but were unable to come all the way back. Thomas Foster found twine off of Tyler Benson and Matt Bellerive. Edmonds shut the door and got his team the win. It was a feisty affair early as there were a few fighting majors early on. Geertsen and Braid tangled in the first and Bobylev held his own against Ruopp 30 seconds into the second.

Game 2:

All the goals were scored on the PP. Bellerive opened the scoring on the PP in the first, assisted by Mason Geertsen and Foster. That score held until the third, when the Cougars were finally given their first PP of the game. 14 seconds into the final frame the Cats evened it up. They took a lead they would not relinquish at 12:32, scoring on their second and only other PP of the night. Again Ty Edmonds got first star honours as he had the night previous.

Game 1: Three Stars

1. Ty Edmonds
2. Tate Olson
3. Tyler Benson

Game 2: Three Stars

1. Ty Edmonds
2. Joseph Carvalho
3. Matt Bellerive

Dondo’s Hardhat: goes to the line of Foster, Benson and Bellerive. They were dangerous both nights and should have had more points if Edmonds had been a bit slower on some of his saves.

Giantsfan
10-17-2014, 05:19 PM
I watched both games & the difference in both was Edmonds & the lack of a power play for the Giants.

The camera work was disgusting as they panned to the crowd when the fights broke out so anyone watching online never saw the great bout between Geertsen & Chance Braid. Geertsen's dad said it was a good fight with some real hard shots.
Also, missed Bobylev-Ruopp fight & after a ton of twitter messages they somewhat corrected their errors the 2nd night showing the Dosanjh-Ross fight, which wasn't much & went to an commercial & missed another great fight between Foster & Mrkonjic.

I'm hoping for a really rough game on Saturday but a lot of times those are letdowns.

Atwal missed both games with an upperbody injury.

dondo
10-17-2014, 08:46 PM
Was this the WHL Live feed? I thought it was mainly a static camera shot. I would be pretty disappointed to watch a paid for non-broadcast feed to have the fights ostensibly censored. Why are there commercials in a paid for by the consumer broadcast?

Thanks for the info. I'm working tonight and will miss the game, but I will be there for Saturday's tilt, though. So hopefully the Cougars and Giants ramp it back up. Bobylev can feel free to drop the mitts again.

Giantsfan
10-17-2014, 11:47 PM
No it was the regular WHL live webcast game.
There was no "commercials" but advertising like you'd see at the Giants game on the jumbo tron.
Best thing is that the Giants gave season ticket holders a deal with all the road games at no charge.