PDA

View Full Version : WHL Network

crashnbang
10-18-2014, 06:07 PM
What a joke the WHL network games are, quality is terrible. Invest some money and get some decent cameras and a decent streaming method. Just terrible. I could do better on my iPhone.

Fight Guy
10-18-2014, 06:36 PM
Then expect to pay considerably more.

crashnbang
10-18-2014, 08:34 PM
Highschool basketball and curling is better quality, the equipment isn't that expensive now days. I'm not wanting TSN calibre, just something better than garbage. I'd gladly pay double for a quality feed that isn't worse than my highschool media studies recordings.

patsdude114
10-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Lethbridge's feed is 1 of the better feeds in the Eastern Conference, but if your talking about last nights game in Cranbrook then yes I agree they have a garbage feed the cameraman doesn't really seem to have a clue, way to far from a zoom (if you want to call it a zoom)

For $7 a game though can not really complain to much at least you get to see the action even if it is abit crappy at times. Just be thankful its not Brandon's feed cause their's by far is the worst in the Eastern Conference.

Shooter
10-20-2014, 08:10 AM
Yes needs to be a standard across league or get a fan to use an IPAD for feed. Some games looks like we went back to the 1930 and black and white TV!

Crofter
10-20-2014, 08:53 AM
Yes needs to be a standard across league or get a fan to use an IPAD for feed. Some games looks like we went back to the 1930 and black and white TV!

I hear you, but I don't expect that to be fixed anytime soon. I had the MLB package last year for Apple TV, and apart from the AL East and California teams, they usually had terrible feeds. MLB has many more resources.

patsdude114
10-20-2014, 11:59 AM
Just remember we can always save our money and listen on the radio instead.......

chopper
10-20-2014, 12:40 PM
Some games are Ok while others are downright nasty to watch. I wonder if the WHL could maybe work with the local cable companies to produce the games. Then maybe someone like Shaw Satellite could distribute the feeds for a fee through one of their channels.

I've seen high school hockey on TV in the eastern USA and it's amazingly good. It would cost more perhaps even double. I would pay the money to have a high quality feed that I could sync to the local broadcast. In this day and age we should have a better product.

It appears the team still hasn't fixed it's penalty kill. It's something they will need to do if the discipline starts to slip again. Still they're .500 on the road and they are +5 in goals on the road. It's at home that the scoring has been problem.

This team is about where I figured they might be and maybe a bit ahead. I would like to see them play bit more grittier, with a little more truculence as Burke so calls it. I think we're a little soft and a Carter Folk would help. I guess we will see what shakes out.

RWAH
10-21-2014, 10:33 PM
Not about the web cast but is it my imagination or is the video picture in the Brandt Centre much better. Clearer and brighter. And someone woke the replay operator up and we get to see the replay before the game has restarted. and we are shown replays of hit, penalties, as a fan, a much better experience. The new owners are making good on their commitment.