PDA

View Full Version : PATS vs Blades & Broncos

patsdude114
10-31-2014, 05:24 PM
Our first 2 games without Steel as our #1 center... pretty sad that there is so much talk about this in the LP that we don't seem to have a capable center to step in and fill the void. No way should a team's #1 center be a 16 year old but here we are with that exact situation since we are extremely thin down the middle.

Kroeker was centering Klimchuk & Christoffer at practice on Tuesday, as Steel was practicing as a Dman since he was he was leaving the next day anyways.

Be interesting to see what happens with the goalie situation this weekend, does Fuhr & Brown get a game at all? We don't want to have 3 goalies around for too long as it just adds a headache to the team. I think Brown has played very well in his 2 games he has played and his age just makes the situation much better all around. Brown had a weak training camp imo which is why he was sent home so soon, this time around though I want to see Brown kept around and send Fuhr either back to Jr. A or see if anyone needs a backup as an insurance for a more legit top team. Maybe Brandon would have some interest in him to play behind Papirny as I have heard from a few WKs fans that Thompson is scary between the pipes (in not a good way)

Tonight's game against the Blades is a must win, maybe im not giving the Blades any respect but I truly feel their team on paper is worthy of last place in our division all season long. I definitely do not want to see another blowout tonight, god I hate watching hockey games that are blowouts.

Pats win tonight 5-2

patsdude114
10-31-2014, 10:54 PM
What a boring game that was tonight, there was nothing good about that game exactly as Paddock said on the radio after the game. Our PP is so frustrating to watch could hardly enter the zone on the rush for awhile there we should of just been declining all PP's, once we got into the zone and set up we were better.

That was also the softest game I have seen us play in 4 years, my god so soft along the wall and infront of the net. I know we lack grit but tonight was just god aweful. I really thought we played down to Saskatoon's level after we got up 4-0, we let the Blades back in the game.

One guy I really liked on Saskatoon's backend was that Thomson kid #44 he plays with some emotion and is aggressive physically. Im not sure if that's the norm for his style of game I guess I'd have to ask some Blades fans if that's the case or not.

Bighat
10-31-2014, 11:29 PM
It looked like they were using a basketball tonite instead of a puck. Horrible game to watch, no one looked good. There's a trade on the horizon.

patsdude114
11-01-2014, 08:15 AM
You've called a trade before and nothing happened.... We all can say things that pop into our head.... I for one hope your right (this time) we do need abit of a change mainly with some grit both up front and on the backend. I can't see Hansen being too happy about being in and out of the lineup I do feel he can bring something to another team to be an every day player. A team like MH has zero size up front biggest guy they got is 6'0 on forward and that's their euro of I recall, now they have tons of size on their backend maybe they would be willing to trade one for some size on forward.

Hopefully we play a much better all around game tonight against SC or the game could be over by the 1st period. Hell SC beat CGY last night even being out shot 30-16 and after 2 periods was 22-8 but SC was up 2-0..... SC il has been living off Bow lately and we have struggled to score against him so far this year, let's hope he springs a leak tonight.

I noticed last night on the PP (once we got into the zone lol) that we actually had net presence at least when Christoffer was on the ice. I would still like to see Smith parked infront of the net on the PP I mean he couldn't hurt our PP not like we've been great in that area anyways. I also like the changes we made on the PK instead of stacking up the blue line with 2 D 1 F we went 2-2 on the other teams breakout and it have them more problems.

patsdude114
11-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Regina, Saskatchewan – The Regina Pats Hockey Club announced today the team has recalled forward Erik Gardiner (’99) from the Prince Albert Mintos of the SMAAAHL. The team also reassigned goaltender Tyler Brown(’97) to the Winnipeg Blues of the MJHL.

Gardiner (6’0”, 165 lbs) was the Pats’ 2ndRound pick (35th Overall) in the 2014 WHL Bantam Draft. The Humboldt, SK product leads the Prince Albert Mintos in scoring with 13 points (5G, 8A) in 11 games.

Brown played two games for the Blue and White during his call-up stint, posting a record of 1-1-0-0. The Winnipeg native had a 2.00 GAA and 0.933 SV% in his two starts.

The Pats are in action tonight against the Swift Current Broncos on Rider Pride Night. The team will be wearing special edition green jerseys and host members of the Saskatchewan Roughriders along with the Rider Drum Line. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.

patsdude114
11-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Also Hunt is suspended for tonights game the length is TBD from his hit on Henry... I thought it was unintentional but watching the replay (webcast) on the hit the point of impact is to the head so is worthy of a suspension.

Bighat
11-01-2014, 06:25 PM
A definite trade or release coming. Also working on a deal to get a (tough) bigger player who can score and skate. I don't know if we're going or willing to pay asking price. (All very reliable sources). Also I've called deals before because there in the making but all don't happen do to many reasons. I'm just giving some insight. We better play better tonight or we'll be run out of our barn. Can't wait for the new score clock , then all the bitter fans can return and fill the rink lol.

Bighat
11-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Very entertaining game tonite but one problem swift current beat the shi- out of us all nite. We have to get some toughness added to this lineup. Wappel played awesome again. Good crowd tonite but that parking lot sux.

WesternHockeyScout
11-01-2014, 11:35 PM
A definite trade or release coming. Also working on a deal to get a (tough) bigger player who can score and skate. I don't know if we're going or willing to pay asking price. (All very reliable sources). Also I've called deals before because there in the making but all don't happen do to many reasons. I'm just giving some insight. We better play better tonight or we'll be run out of our barn. Can't wait for the new score clock , then all the bitter fans can return and fill the rink lol.

Which division does this player currently play in?

patsdude114
11-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Very entertaining game tonite but one problem swift current beat the shi- out of us all nite. We have to get some toughness added to this lineup. Wappel played awesome again. Good crowd tonite but that parking lot sux.

I for once agree with you that yes SC beat the shi- out of us all night long. It's very sad when Padakin has to stand up to LeSann but to be fair Padakin held his own very well in that fight I was expecting a total beat down by LeSann but that didn't happen. Reagan didn't fair so well against Odgers either but to be fair when Odgers popped Reagan's helmet off with that punch he got all visor just made it look better then it actually was.

As for parking I haven't noticed any change, I park in 2 different areas and both let me get out of the lot very quickly. But I can definitely see how it could be a mess if a person doesn't know where to park. I have yet to take longer then 5mins to get out of the lot in my 16yrs driving to the rink, now I better knock on wood cause next game my streak is coming to end lmao

sbtatter
11-02-2014, 09:47 AM
As for parking I haven't noticed any change, I park in 2 different areas and both let me get out of the lot very quickly. But I can definitely see how it could be a mess if a person doesn't know where to park. I have yet to take longer then 5mins to get out of the lot in my 16yrs driving to the rink, now I better knock on wood cause next game my streak is coming to end lmao

The new Rider stadium has taken up parking space at the Brandt? Are their only 2 exits, one on the North and one on the East?

Is Paddock turning into a serial line matcher like KM, or more easy going on line matches like Don Hay?

Bighat
11-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Which division does this player currently play in?

The team is lethbridge, but talks with pg and toon.

patsdude114
11-02-2014, 01:42 PM
The new Rider stadium has taken up parking space at the Brandt? Are their only 2 exits, one on the North and one on the East?

Is Paddock turning into a serial line matcher like KM, or more easy going on line matches like Don Hay?

There is still 4 exits 1 on the east and west ends then 1 between the barns behind the Pasqua hospital and then 1 if you exit by the co operators rinks. The key is to set yourself up so you can get to 1 of these easily.

As for line matches Paddock hardly seems to care about matching lines besides having Williams & Burroughs out against the other teams top unit. He will put out 4th line out against the others top line of they are the next line up.

Bighat
11-02-2014, 01:57 PM
He was matching lines hard last nite

patsdude114
11-02-2014, 04:29 PM
there was more then a few times our 4th line was out against Cave's line... he started to match faceoff guys more so in the 3rd period but outside of that wasn't much else.

sbtatter
11-02-2014, 05:31 PM
I don't like it too much when home teams try to get the #1 line out vs a #4 line of rookies, other than that it's interesting to see who other teams think Bdn's top line is too put their checking line on. Is it the McGauley/P Quenneville/Bukarts or John Quenneville/Gabrielle/Lisoway or Patrick/Duke/Hawryluk that other teams want to have their best guys against?
Against regina even though he's 16, I want the most responsible line out against Steel

cpaw74
11-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Does anyone know why Hunt got suspended?

patsdude114
11-02-2014, 09:47 PM
The league ruled Hunt's hit on Henry as a head shot even though it was unintentional as he was cutting across to give Klimchuk more space

nivek_wahs
11-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Hunt gets 2 games.

patsdude114
11-04-2014, 06:45 AM
Suspension based on the injury?

Was such a harmless looking play as all Hunt was doing was driving between the 2 stoon Dmen hoping it would give Klimchuk more space as they entered the zone. Definitely was no intent for a head shot let alone to even interfere to draw the 2min minor he did get.

Had this suspension came off Hunt trying to make a hit on a player then fine by means but this was not a dirty hit by any means..... It may come off as dirty as this hit did happen when Henry didn't have the puck not did he ever touch it that shift but it def wasn't Hunt targeting the hit to lay a cheap shot on him. I'm sure Hunt would rather have Klimchuk's scoring chance instead of making contact with him

crashnbang
11-04-2014, 09:09 PM
Suspension based on the injury?

Was such a harmless looking play as all Hunt was doing was driving between the 2 stoon Dmen hoping it would give Klimchuk more space as they entered the zone. Definitely was no intent for a head shot let alone to even interfere to draw the 2min minor he did get.

Had this suspension came off Hunt trying to make a hit on a player then fine by means but this was not a dirty hit by any means..... It may come off as dirty as this hit did happen when Henry didn't have the puck not did he ever touch it that shift but it def wasn't Hunt targeting the hit to lay a cheap shot on him. I'm sure Hunt would rather have Klimchuk's scoring chance instead of making contact with him

Once again you don't understand the rules. Whether it was intentional or not is irrelevant, it happened. Just because it looks unintentional and was not a dirty hit doesn't mean it is not deserving of a suspension although being unintentional likely played into this being short 2 game suspension rather than a 4 or 5 game one. There are many things that happen during the game all the time that are unintentional like high sticking, but it gets called every time whether the guy meant to or not. The league has a protocol to follow, especially with head hits. Patsdude, you are the first to call out all of us Pats fans for being biased...seems to me you have some work to do yourself.

patsdude114
11-05-2014, 11:54 AM
yep your right I don't know the rules....

can you please explain all the rules to me

D cherry
11-05-2014, 05:22 PM
well the way I seen it unfold in front of me was ,Hunt was coming in on a offense zone of attack. The defender thought he could close the lane to slow the offense zone of attack . They battled for the territory and Hunt was perpared for the collusion ,to open the offense zone attack . it happened and there will be other ? calls