PDA

View Full Version : whl live? discount for season tix holders?

Priceisright
11-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Is there any discount for watching whl games online if you have a season ticket?

I thought I saw a discount somewhere on my travel through cyber world in the past few months.

Thanks

Giantsfan
11-09-2014, 04:47 PM
I believe it was an option the Giants were giving out when they were buying or renewing season tickets. I believe that was over in March or July. The Giants gave that package to season ticket holders I think for free for the road games.

Also, when the season began there was a deal through WHL.ca but that's long since over.

MeszarosFan
11-09-2014, 06:15 PM
It was offered as part of a full membership package they offered at renewal. The details are still at the Giants website: http://www.vancouvergiants.com/season-memberships

Priceisright
11-10-2014, 12:02 AM
Aww thanks. That's where I saw it. I remember trying to understand what exactly they were selling.

I still have no idea. LOL

But thanks. That's where I saw it :)

dondo
11-11-2014, 08:42 PM
It was offered as part of a full membership package they offered at renewal. The details are still at the Giants website: http://www.vancouvergiants.com/season-memberships

Hmm I wonder which package we went with this year - whllive used to be available to season ticket holders for all away games -- this membership thing seems a tad petty in some ways to me.

Section_Z
11-26-2014, 01:55 AM
Hey Dondo, When were the WHLlive away games offered in the past? I totally missed that.

The new Giant Membership, was definitely confusing, perturbingly so. It took a good fifteen minutes on the phone with my rep for us to be clear on the differences. Once I got it, the decision was a no brainer for me, but the presentation on the website and in the renewal letters was lame and not well laid out. Rant follows:

First off- calling it the new deal a Giant membership was a bad decision. Doesn't that just sound like a Basic season ticket? Haven't i always been a member(of the fan base) of the Giants?
No. A Basic Membership is the regular Giants season ticket package.
So when you buy a season ticket you can choose to be Giant member or a Basic member? OK, fine. So what are the price differences?
Well you can choose to pay (reds) $59.90 for twelve months OR $549. Well thanks for that. Do I really need to get my calculator out to compare the packages offered? Do the Giants want my money or not? Oh, yes and you can actually pay the Basic membership over 6 months, but I am not going to yell you which 6, nor will I do the monthly calculation for you including the $5 monthly admin fee.
The reason for this rant is because if you are a yearly prepayer of Playoffs like us, and passed up the added benefits of the Giant membership this year, like I almost did, because you couldn't understand what they were offering, you might get a little miffed, too.
So- My Math.
$718.80 - Red Giant Membership 2014/15.
$549.00 - Red Basic Membership 2014/15.
Ok that is a big difference, the benefits better be REALLY good for that price jump, right?
Wrong. The Giant Membership includes all playoff home games. no matter how many are played. And it is based on paying for 12 playoff games, so any unplayed up to 12 games get rolled forward. Also, If the miracle on ice ever occurs that we have home ice advantage in all 4 series and they all go to 7 games, the extra 4 games are free.
So essentially, you are not paying any more for the Giant membership at all, you are just paying up front for playoffs, And paying less than you ever have before to do so, because we used to have to pay for all 16 games up front to lock in the low playoff ticket price.
Therefore the benefits included in the Giant membership are essentially free. And really there are only 2.
I have watched quite a few WHLlive away games, hooking the laptop up to the TV. Pretty decent webcasts and you can listen to our radio broadcast.
I have not received the autographed 8by10 yet.

I do not know of an information source as to how much your playoff tickets will cost, or what prepurchase deals there will be if you only got the Basic Membership season ticket this year. Anyone know?
Doing my own math, though. my Giant reds cost $15.25 per regular season ticket and my playoff games are $14.15. ?

Re-Reading that rant, it is still a little confusing and I may not have laid it our very well, but it is still better than the Giants did.
After my 15 minute conversation with my rep. this Summer- at the end of it, we both agreed that since I always pre-purchased playoffs, there was no decision to make.