PDA

View Full Version : MH and Seattle

RWAH
11-15-2014, 12:12 PM
Game last night and in PA seams a different line each night. Last night noted that MH not used to losing and got chippy in the back half of the 3rd period. Thought it was classy of Paddock to use e the 4th line on the PP late in the third period.
Smith has come miles with his skating
Looking forward to seeing Ethan Bear tonight.

patsdude114
11-15-2014, 12:26 PM
I thought the Pats did pretty well with how chippy the game got especially in the 3rd period, those kitty cats sure don't like to lose just a bunch of small puke forwards who love to use their sticks. Not sure if anyone else noticed it but Williams got away with a very good spear like move on Sanford which of course Sanford after being 1 of the worst all night with his stick goes and cries to the ref about it.

Got to love the kitty cats tactic on the PK by making 1 of their big Dmen take the faceoff and just plow forward putting them down 5on3 which ultimately the game winning goal was scored on that ensuing PP by Hunt.

Our only Dman who actually plays with any kind of physical presence is Williams he also likes to use his stick be it a cross check or slash but its still more then anyone else does on our defense. Burroughs is the only 1 willing to drop the gloves but hes not a guy we want sitting for 5+ minutes. We do need a bigger intimidating Dman who plays on the edge, MH has what 5 of them and then stuffs big Becker infront of the net on the PP.... ive said it a few times we should try using Smith in front of the net for his size and strength just hope in time he develops a mean streak in him.

Talking about Smith I loved it how late in the 3rd when Lewington was acting tough with Smith and you could see Smith just laughing at him showing him no respect at all..... MH really tried to bully us around which didn't work, I didn't see 1 Pats player afraid to go into the corner with their big Dmen.

Looking forward to tonight's games against Seattle the only thing that sucks balls about Seattle being here right now is that Barzal is hurt which ultimately means us Pats fans may never see him play unless he is back on Seattle for his 19yr old season and of course not hurt again. I was really looking forward to seeing Barzal play I had even had plans to go to Swift Current and Moose Jaw to watch him play 3 times instead of once but so much for that. They did beat BRN last night so definitely not a team we can take lightly. You want to see a young team now look at Seattle they have (8) 17yr olds just on forward alone plus (2) 16yr olds... they only have 4 forwards who are 18 or older which includes no 19yr olds, this team should become a legit top team in the US division when all those 17yr olds are 19

patsdude114
11-15-2014, 12:38 PM
I just want to correct a mistake I had made.... That Hunt PP goal on the Lewington plowing penalty to go on a 5on3 was actually out 4th goal so an insurance marker not the game winner even though Hunt still got the game winner

witness
11-15-2014, 01:14 PM
I thought that was the best all around effort I have seen from the Pats this season. inconsistant refereeing was frustrating for both sides. MH was uncharacteristically undisciplined.
And by the way, for all those Brooks haters. Looks like this kid is going to be a decent two way player. And I loved the effort of Steel on the PK. A couple of good battles along the board and a key blocked shot. Again a young guy that understands a 90 foot game

patsdude114
11-15-2014, 01:40 PM
I'm the first one to admit I hated Brooks the last 2 years as he was a very useless player even when he got chances to play, I had always hoped he would prove me wrong and he fjnally is and kudos to him for it.

Same can be said to a lot of people about Williams as well I always supported his game and still do as he's not as bad as many seem to think he is just like Brooks is proving now as well to me.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-15-2014, 05:43 PM
nothing good ever happens when we face seattle. I just hope we get a point and no freak injuries this time around.

Bighat
11-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Williams physical don't make me laugh. He is a gutless player that chirps at the opposition after every whistle when the linesmen have already jumped in. You guys watch tonite and count how many times he does it and how many times he drops his gloves. I have no zero nil respect for players like him.

Bighat
11-15-2014, 10:50 PM
We'll Williams behaved himself tonite till the end of the game then he started shooting his mouth off and playing tough guy. Burroughs most physical pat on the ice tonite.

patsdude114
11-16-2014, 07:33 AM
We'll Williams behaved himself tonite till the end of the game then he started shooting his mouth off and playing tough guy. Burroughs most physical pat on the ice tonite.

Was more then anyone else did on the ice after Hickman elbowed Steel (which as still a harmless elbow) for dumping Theodore behind the net.

Thank god Burroughs was the only one who brought a physical game although it took til the 3rd for that to happen. All game we played scared like a bunch of school girls, the first 40mins was painful to watch how scared we were out there we were lucky to still be in the game thru 40mins. Hickman had his way all night against every player on the Pats it was quite laughable really, infact I'm pretty sure I saw him laughing at Burroughs as I doubt even Burroughs stood a chance against Hickman in a fight.

It was nice to see us not back down against MH big Dmen but against SEA was a completely different story. Every whistle it seems the Pats are crying to refs trying to get the refs to protect them on the ice instead of taking some matters into their own hands. Who cares if you lose a fight stand up for yourself. Once Burroughs laid out Spencer into our bench we started to have some push back but that has to happen from the start.

BTW how long does it take Klimchuk to finish his first body check all year? Sure he puts up points but some where along the lines you have to show alittle compete and actually hit someone, he will be playing in the AHL for many years if he doesn't hit someone cause he is no Crosby or McDavid type player.

Bighat
11-16-2014, 08:48 AM
I also thought that going into the third we were going to get run out of the rink or through it. Seattle finished every check. Your right we looked scared but I didn't really blame them, Seattle is the biggest team I've seen this year. Wapple played another great game tonite, klimchuck to me looks like is playing to not get hurt. He needs to forget about his previous injuries and get his nose dirty. He still is playing well but could raise his game another level. I think Wagner is the most improved pat and going to be a great power forward, but he needs someone to take him to an outdoor rink practice break away still he hits the net. Cause every time he misses he would have to walk in deep snow find the puck and do it again (old school). Go riders

D cherry
11-16-2014, 09:08 AM
it was a good game last night . the back end for the Pats is starting to come around . they did very well on the pk and for moving the puck out of their own end its getting a lot better . Wagner sure is fast needs to work on finishing sure would like to see him score . when he starts scoring the Pats would be even hard to beat . #27 is good all around player .

chopper
11-16-2014, 09:24 AM
I am in total agreement with PD114. We won but we were we deserving? We once again have Wapple to thank for the win. Lately he's been very good. Two periods and some of the third they manhandled us. We have no response. Guess what? We are going to get five teams who play that way out in the BC Division. Our guys were punched, abused, and looking over their shoulders all night long. Seattle is huge and they're fast as well. Speed and size are not mutually exclusive. They were also missing Barzal, their best player.

Seattle is what I envisioned our team would look like, big and fast. Mckechnie said after the game they though Seattle was faster than we were. Add in size and you have a great combination. They will be a very dangerous team come the playoffs. Vey dangerous. We wouldn't beat these guys in a 7 game series, we couldn't handle their size. They only had a couple of breakdown and we scored on them thanks to great pass from Steel and D'Amico going hard to the net and fighting to get there.

I'm sure D'Amico didn't mind scoring the winner against the team that originally drafted him. He's been good! It's been stated when Steel gets abused, who will we have to respond, and we all saw the answer. The second half of the season only gets much tougher.

Paddock has to know he needs at least a few bigger and tougher bodies in his lineup. The trade deadline will determine that I think. Will we be sellers or buyers? Good logic says because we are not Memorial Cup quality we should continue to build towards that. We need skill, size and grit to attain that goal. There could be anywhere between two and four new bodies here after the traded deadline, if we are sellers. That would be the time to tweak the lineup for a playoff run and a launching pad for next year.

patsdude114
11-16-2014, 11:12 AM
Chopper I agree with everything you said as well but one thing better not happen.... We better not be buyers cause if we are this franchise is going in the same path of mediocrity that we harbinger the Parkers for years. Use Klimchuk to get a piece or 2 that we need (youth, size & grit) heck if we need to move Burroughs as well do it.

PA will be moving Morrissey, Kootaney will move Reinhart and we have to move Klimchuk

On our up coming BC rough trip if we win 2 games consider that a success hell if we win one I'll consider that a success for the type of teams we are going to be playing. Maybe this trip is what Paddock needs to see that size and grit you still need in the junior level as much as the pro level

chopper
11-16-2014, 11:37 AM
Chopper I agree with everything you said as well but one thing better not happen.... We better not be buyers cause if we are this franchise is going in the same path of mediocrity that we harbinger the Parkers for years. Use Klimchuk to get a piece or 2 that we need (youth, size & grit) heck if we need to move Burroughs as well do it.

PA will be moving Morrissey, Kootaney will move Reinhart and we have to move Klimchuk

On our up coming BC rough trip if we win 2 games consider that a success hell if we win one I'll consider that a success for the type of teams we are going to be playing. Maybe this trip is what Paddock needs to see that size and grit you still need in the junior level as much as the pro level

Your on point and I completely agree that we should NOT be buyers. Right now we are flirting with .500 but we are a long way in terms of experience to become a contender. Even with some moves I still think we can grab a playoff spot and get that experience.

I know I shouldn't say this but keeping Williams is fine with me:D. He isn't tough but he is puck mover. Burroughs likely won't be back so moving him, a similar player, will bring a much bigger return. They could always add a 20 yr old clause in the trade agreement. Klimchuk and Burroughs are the obvious players but maybe others. I have been underwhelmed lately by the play of Reagan and at times Harrison as well. I hope they pick it up sometime soon. I don't know what the deal is with Hanson, in and out of the lineup.

We have a number of roster needs as well we need to recoup some draft picks. This is the time to do it if we want to be big time contenders in a year or two. We have stubbornly refused to move assets the last few years and it cost us. It's time to do the right thing.

patsdude114
11-16-2014, 05:05 PM
I know I shouldn't say this but keeping Williams is fine with me:D. He isn't tough but he is puck mover. Burroughs likely won't be back so moving him, a similar player, will bring a much bigger return. They could always add a 20 yr old clause in the trade agreement. Klimchuk and Burroughs are the obvious players but maybe others. I have been underwhelmed lately by the play of Reagan and at times Harrison as well. I hope they pick it up sometime soon. I don't know what the deal is with Hanson, in and out of the lineup.

Oh I agree he isn't tough nor have I ever said he is tough all I have ever said is he is our most physical Dman (by no means am I saying you are saying I said he is tough cause I know I have never said that) sure he may not throw our a huge hit like Burroughs did last night but he is very active with his stick and guys are always looking over their shoulder to see if he is going into the corner against them. Those cross checks even the uncalled for ones players still feel, outside of our top pairing no 1 else is physical at all guys like Reagan and Hilsendager need to bring it much more then they have

RWAH
11-16-2014, 07:17 PM
If we become buyers I will have to think very serious about renewing my 4 season tickets.

The Rider season has ended now the Pats should get more ink and air time and that should reflect in more fans at the games.

Shooter
11-17-2014, 03:59 PM
Come on sale your tickets?

patsdude114
11-17-2014, 05:37 PM
Come on sale your tickets?

I hear safeway has $10 tickets as well as A&W on Victoria Ave by Arcola and they are $15 there