PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs Oil Kings

patsdude114
11-18-2014, 02:43 PM
Well our last home game for about 2.5 weeks roughly due to our upcoming trip to the west coast a.k.a Agribition

My biggest question mark coming into tonight's game is how will we handle the Oil Kings aggressiveness as normally they are a team that plays with a lot of grit. One thing is forsure Baddock and Pollock will most likely have their way with our players kind of like how Hickman was against us on Saturday night.

There isn't really any player im excited to watch this year on the Oil Kings roster besides maybe Jarry.... He has got some great numbers on an avg Oil Kings team 1st in GAA 3rd in SV%

FOOD FOR THOUGHT
I know the playoffs are no longer setup within the conference but as of right now we sit 7th in the conference, 1pt behind EDM and 3pts up on MJ for 8th. I for one didn't expect PA to crap the bed so much again this year when will that team ever play to expectations as long as they keep falling the only team that could really hurt the Pats chances of making the playoffs is MJ and that's for the 3rd spot in our division. Kootenay is on the rise since Reinhart has returned but I don't expect that to last much longer past the first weekend of Dec as Reinhart will be off to Team Canada and they will be back with very little for offensive dominance.... they are 5-0 since his return.

patsdude114
11-18-2014, 11:17 PM
Was it just me or was this game very stale from the drop of the puck, no life to the game at all imo

A win is a win but that game did very little to keep me interested......

On the flip side the line of Hunt Gay D'Amico had a great nice offensively..... It's funny D'Amico has been part of some of our best lines this year he has played on all 3 lines and his lines always seem to be the offensive threats. I said all along he had the skills just needed to get off that dreaded checking role.

Williams had a bad turn over tonight but I think his goal made up for the one that ended up in the back of our net. I still think it's sad that one of our fiestiest players is Padakin, not usually something you expect from a euro let alone being the one who gets under the oppositions skin on a nightly basis. That used to be Christoffer but Paddock has really channelled his pest like game down, not sure if that's good or bad yet as he just doesn't seem to be as effective but with that said the less penalties we got to kill the better cause we still haven't learned this trait yet.

Guess the next games to watch are online starting in Vancouver if I recall correct...... Benson vs Steel 1vs2 they never ayes against each other last year in midget since they were in different Alberta midget leagues. Great players rise to the occasion I'm interested in seeing how both players respond facing each other.

chopper
11-18-2014, 11:51 PM
A win is a win as folks say. Not pretty but I guess they don't need to be. One thing that was highly obvious is that we had a lot of needless turnovers at both blue lines. We were soft on plays to get the puck out of our end and this will come back to bite us.

We were resilient as they say to come away with the win. Jarry wasn't very good but Wapple wasn't as good as he has been. Far too deep in his net on the 4th Edmonton goal. I agree Christopher is not as valuable trying to play a timid game. No fire there.

It may just me but I am real underwhelmed by Reagan and Harrison. There are constantly in trouble in their end. I wonder if the Pats have inquired about Connor Hobbs out of the Hat. He is a very good 97 d-man and an upgrade on a couple we currently have.

After the Western Trip the time goes fast towards the end of the year. After the Holidays the trade deadline approaches quickly. The team is playing reasonably well but still appears that it will flirt with .500 and isn't Championship calibre. I wonder which way they will go. I'm in a quandary trying to guess what direction they might go. Considering they are building for a season or two down the road, logic would be to move assets. However will they? Paddock doesn't strike me as much of a dealer. I really wonder.

patsdude114
11-19-2014, 11:54 AM
I fully agree that Paddock doesn't come across as much of a wheelin and dealin kind of GM he has what 1 extremely minor trade to his name in the Schacher deal unless I'm forgetting one.......

I really hope he doesn't drop the ball on Klimchuk and looks at the bigger picture something the last ownership group did on a daily basis. The only star Parker ever traded (unless I'm forgetting a move) was trading Harding for that loose cannon Slade but then again Slade put people in the building cause we were always curious what he would do next lol

chopper
11-19-2014, 01:44 PM
While I don't view Paddock as someone who would be allow himself to be pushed around on running his club being HC/GM, I almost get the sense he is being told what to do. Good younger players in the age bracket we covet have been available, yet no trades done.

The last two games despite the wins have shown we need a couple of big wingers who can work the boards. That's a weakness we have and very obvious last night. Our #1 pair of d-men are good but we seriously need another two good d-men. A good #2 pairing.

I am still hopeful that he makes the requisite moves at the deadline, and put the good of the organization first. With some draft picks and roster players I'm still convinced we can grab a playoff spot even after making some moves. I will be disappointed if he doesn't.

Shooter
11-19-2014, 03:12 PM
A few items to be addressed:

We need 2 more d-man that can play a matchup role and punishing role in a playoff series point blank!

I expect Reagan to be moved before Christmas as the rookies are ahead of him on the depth chart right now and he is a friendly giant that needs to change his style of game now to get back on the tracks! I would like to see more body contact when its not a high risk and punish some players in corners! Not gambling but aggressive!

Harrison is solid but unless partnered up with new partner we are not going to get the best out of him and he needs to play with his edge.

Infact we brought in a dman for a couple of days with leg/hip trouble....so you know staff is aware we need 7 dman moving forward.

We have not had injuries yet but they do happen and this road trip will be a tough go!

Upfront yes the younger players and seasoned vets will be targets in some concept deals for sure as some players have had limited opportunity to-date but could play a larger role for sure with opportunity.

chopper
11-19-2014, 05:08 PM
I think we're pretty much all on the same page. The young guys are the best chance at getting to where we want to be. It does however require a fairly aggressive approach in acquiring what you truly need going forward. Time is always of the essence.

In junior hockey you have to be both good and fortunate. Scouts have said if a kid like Steel keeps growing and progressing, he may not be here as a 19 year old. That would suggest we may only have him two years after his rookie season. Hope they're wrong.

The only way i would ever want to see a young guy go is if we get a young guy back in return. i.e. Reagan for Hobbs, both 97's. It would be good to find a couple good players in the 96, 97 bracket. We might find another 97 is a better fit than one we currently have.

A couple d-men + couple big wingers in the target age bracket would be nice. I think they could be had in addition to draft picks, for assets we possess. While our talent is ok, if there is a chance to upgrade we should. The team needs to say in front of this thing.

patsdude114
11-19-2014, 05:24 PM
I think our best bet is to acquire another 98 or 2 and build within the same age group as Steel & Smith.

Kind of wish Kamloops kept on rising and put themselves in a position to be a buyer this year, a guy like Jermaine Loewen really fits what we lack a big 6'3 200 winger and a '98.... also on with Kamloops maybe we could swap '97 year old Dmen both with the last name of Reagan and hope for the best lol although I don't think Reagan has been terrible he just isn't where we thought he would be in terms of development but that can be blamed a lot on the past coaching staff for not playing the younger guys. Looking back at last year I can see why Cameron was let go more and more, even Paddock at times makes little comments about last year which kind of throws that staff under the bus abit.

I still think Hansen will be traded not saying we will get much for him be lucky with a 5th rd pick I just see no reason to keep him around especially if we move Klimchuk and get a roster player or 2 and will need to create room for them to play. For a guy Hansen's size he is what this team lacks both on the back end and up front just darn it he isn't physical at all if he brought that all of a sudden im sure he would be playing every game instead of watching. It just blows my mind how he is still around to have a 19yr old only play 13 of the 22 games without being injuried.

Bighat
11-19-2014, 08:22 PM
He doesn't want to be traded.

chopper
11-19-2014, 10:48 PM
With respect to Hanson I can understand that a player doesn't want to be traded, but ultimately it won't be about what he wants. If he's serious about hockey he's retarding his development by not going somewhere and playing full time. As stated playing only about half the games means he is being treated like a rookie player would be. He will not be here as a 20 year old; so for him to be happy playing half time at this stage of his career is troubling. Not really the kind of player I would want. Likely cut loose if he won't move. Otherwise he will be a utility player playing only when needed i.e. injury - suspension-etc, but why keep a 19 year old to fill that role.

walleye18
11-20-2014, 03:01 PM
A win is a win as folks say. Not pretty but I guess they don't need to be. One thing that was highly obvious is that we had a lot of needless turnovers at both blue lines. We were soft on plays to get the puck out of our end and this will come back to bite us.

We were resilient as they say to come away with the win. Jarry wasn't very good but Wapple wasn't as good as he has been. Far too deep in his net on the 4th Edmonton goal. I agree Christopher is not as valuable trying to play a timid game. No fire there.

It may just me but I am real underwhelmed by Reagan and Harrison. There are constantly in trouble in their end.abo I wonder if the Pats have inquired ut Connor Hobbs out of the Hat. He is a very good 97 d-man and an upgrade on a couple we currently have.

After the Western Trip the time goes fast towards the end of the year. After the Holidays the trade deadline approaches quickly. The team is playing reasonably well but still appears that it will flirt with .500 and isn't Championship calibre. I wonder which way they will go. I'm in a quandary trying to guess what direction they might go. Considering they are building for a season or two down the road, logic would be to move assets. However will they? Paddock doesn't strike me as much of a dealer. I really wonder.

I see on the twitter section on the SJHL website that the Nipawin Hawks have added Connor Hobbs. Heard through a buddy in Medicine Hat that Hobbs had requested a trade closer to home in Saskatoon. There were interested teams out west, but none in the Eastern Division so he walked away from the team. His mother was recently in a serious car accident.

patsdude114
11-20-2014, 05:34 PM
hopefully things get better for his family with that situation... but would Regina be considered close enough to home? or is he looking at PA or Stoon mainly?

Shooter
11-20-2014, 07:45 PM
Trades....Hanson for Rodewald. This deal last year wow!

Hobbs may end up in Saskatoon or MH may prove a point who is in control point blank. It's a process....and suck it up and let coach coach!

Shooter
11-20-2014, 08:17 PM
Chopper good points.

Well food for thought for tonight.

Christopher and Hanson for Rodewald Mj. Hanson was a warrior draft pick.

Klimchuk for Sanheim and 2015 2nd round pick. Calgary.

Reagon/Kroeker for Ethan Bear and 2015.

The question still remains what is plan?
I think it will be figured out in next 30 days!

I am on road for west swing 2 games and football Sunday.Edmonton air port sucks!

I have confirmation that a lot of players are now wanting to play in area they are from.....makes cents!

patsdude114
11-20-2014, 08:48 PM
Chopper good points.

This trade wouldn't make any sense for either team... especially for Moose Jaw

Which Sanheim are you talking about? the forward or Dman? Cause no way would the Dman make any sense heck even the forward one doesn't make any since due to his age.

Why on earth would Seattle trade away a player who is high touted for the top 2 rounds of the up coming NHL entry draft for 2 17yr olds who are in and out of the lineup?

I like your thought process about getting some type of a deal done but not 1 of those trades make any sense for the teams involved, I get that you want the Pats to come out the best in every deal done but those deals would make the Pats feel like they stole each player named above

Shooter
11-20-2014, 09:33 PM
Chopper good points.

The question still remains what is plan?
I think it will be figured out in next 30 days!

I am on road for west swing 2 games and football Sunday.Edmonton air port sucks!

I have confirmation that a lot of players are now wanting to play in area they are from.....makes cents!

Shooter
11-20-2014, 10:08 PM
No stealing but dealing. Look at Brandon deals over past 4 years..some made no sense but what was completed was a deal done!

Hobbs would look ok with us likely a 5-7 guy on depth chart but handles puck very well. Decent shot and dividends 2015-2016 season. Obvious could not crack Medicine Hat back end but they are pretty solid right now.

Not sure why pats gave away the Dman to blades either.

Kamloops being a active their scout likely to loose job soon.

Some teams may be keen on Wapple as well as he has outplayed many of opposition goalies on nitely basis.

The key right now is to build but stay ahead of Mj.

Pats dude knows his stuff with pats does he work with Padock. Seems to think of some very good ideas. Maybe he is in with lang?

What is the depth chart got Dman prospects?
Anyone have protected list?

This crash bang guy seems to be ahead if curve with iside track information.
Anyways hope paddock is not hired by Toronto!

patsdude114
11-21-2014, 12:43 PM
http://www.whl.ca/video/44393

to me the #1 highlight of the week goes to Richard Nejezchleb with his beauty spin move to give him more space for his backhand goal.