PDA

View Full Version : Giants 1 Cougars 6 - Nov 19, 2014

dondo
11-20-2014, 12:56 AM
Man this team confuses me. How can you gut out a win one night and then roll over like a submissive doggie the next? The fact that the Cougar's goalie didn't even rank a star is further proof that the Giants simply did not show up. Happy I didn't see or hear this one. Need a bounce back game on Friday, hopefully Benson will be back to at least entertain the fans. Although Mason has been a player to be feared lately so hope we see more of that, undisciplined or not.

Any clarity on game specifics would be appreciated

Cougars Bury Giants
Vancouver 1 Prince George 6

Wasn’t able to listen to this one, so what follows will be a box score based recap. The Giants had a tough time in PG tonight. Cody Porter who was so good in relief last night got riddled tonight. Cougars netminder Ty Edmonds didn’t even rate a star nod so it feels like the Giants took this night off, happy they eked out a split in game one. Normally solid two-way players Sward and Foster had a couple of –2s hung around their necks.

PG opened the scoring early in the first. The Giants got that one back when Carter Popoff found twine, assisted by Joel Hamilton and Jackson Houck, but the Cats added another to take the lead into the first break. The home squad added one more late in the second. The Cougs scored an early PP goal in the third and then added another later in the period when the Giants got into penalty trouble. The Cats piled on an insult to injury goal not more than a minute later. The Giants killed a 5 on 3 late in the game off of a Brendan Menell roughing and then during the kill Mason Geertsen got four for spearing which meant the boys spent most of the remainder of the tilt on the PK.

Team Notes: Benson and McKinstry still out. Jakob Stukel was on the opening line-up.

The Giants were out-shot 33-25. They went 0 for 4 while the Cats went 2 for 7. Single digit shots in the first and second for the Gs and 10 in the third. It doesn’t look like they challenged the Cougars much at all in this game.

The Gs have a day to regroup before facing the Regina Pats on Friday at the Coliseum. Puck drops at 7:30pm as it usually does on Friday night games.

Three Stars

1. Haydn Hopkins
2. Cal Babych (Dave’s kid)
3. Joseph Carvalho

Giantsfan
11-20-2014, 01:07 AM
I was out for the night & I was debating if I should hold off on checking the score & watch the game tomorrow after work. Glad I decided to pass because it sounded like a dog of a game. Surprised to see Porter in for all the goals, makes me think that Ward didn't think they were all his fault? Kinda like when he left Lee in vs Kelowna.