PDA

View Full Version : Chase traded to Victoria

chopper
11-20-2014, 09:24 AM
I noticed greg Chase was traded to Victoria for Kanzig and a 3rd round pick. Victoria also gets a 5th round pick back from Calgary. It appears this is temporary help for both clubs. Calgary gets perhaps the toughest d-man in the league and Victoria gets some instant offence. Kanzig will protect Calgary's younger guys for a year and help with the defence. Victoria had a slow start and they want to get back in the BC race. Now they have the offence to do that. The only real difference was a swap of draft picks.

Everett getting Sherback, Tri-Cities getting Necheschleb, Victoria getting Chase might mean a couple teams may try to keep pace. Seattle was hoping for big things and may want to play. Edmonton, Calgary, Spokane, and even Brandon might be players in this game.

I read on Pipeline that Reinhart, Morrisey, and Klimchuk could be in play. Portland would perhaps like to be a player but they don't have much wiggle room to make any deals. Maybe one of the BC teams might play and perhaps even Red Deer. It'll be interesting.

BigCat20
11-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Think you have the trade wrong:

To Calgary - Kanzig & 2nd round 2016

To Victoria - Chase, 5th round 2015 & 8th round 2016

patsdude114
11-20-2014, 12:47 PM
Calgary's defense was very soft when they came thru here not long ago but getting Kanzig makes their defense 1 of the toughest now in the Eastern Conference. Also the Hitmen getting a Flames prospect I can really see the Hitmen making a move on Klimchuk, if they do with that program the Hitmen have it wouldn't surprise me if the Flames put Klimchuk back in junior as a 20yr old especially if Klimchuk gets another injury this season as it is he needs to prove he isn't injury prone cause that's the label he is starting to get... kind of like Stephenson had up until last year.

Bighat
11-20-2014, 09:47 PM
Edmonton won't be buyers their not good enough, and klimchuck will not be back as a 20.