PDA

View Full Version : PATS vs BC Division (entire road trip)

patsdude114
11-21-2014, 01:04 PM
Well tonight is officially the start of the longest road trip of the year for our Pats and it starts with a date in Vancouver against the Giants. The Giants are a team that is rebuilding, they got 10 players 17 or younger on their lineup which is featured by the 1st overall selection Tyler Benson (12gp 3g8a 11pts)...

Tonight will mark the 1st meeting between Benson vs Steel 1vs2 in the 2013 Bantam draft... chances are good they will only face each other 4 times during their WHL playing careers (which is stupid but that's another topic all in its own).....

What are the odds of the Pats possibly calling up Hollett to be a backup for 1 of the games while out in BC? Heck I would even consider playing him against Vancouver but a backup and a practice or 2 I think would be great for his development to get a feel for the WHL level on game day.

nivek_wahs
11-21-2014, 02:34 PM
What are the odds of the Pats possibly calling up Hollett to be a backup for 1 of the games while out in BC? Heck I would even consider playing him against Vancouver but a backup and a practice or 2 I think would be great for his development to get a feel for the WHL level on game day.Hopefully the odds are zero. What's the point of having Tyler Brown?

Also, checking the OHA schedule, it appears as though the Prep White team plays tonight anyway.

patsdude114
11-21-2014, 05:48 PM
Brown will be in tough next year to even be on the team if we still have Wapple around... Hollett will be our backup next year and I suspect he will do the same thing McBride did as a 16yr old. Hollett hands down was the 2nd best goalie at camp this year as a 15yr old.... if by chance a tandem of Brown and Hollett are in the cards next year Hollett will take that starting role before xmas...

If there is no chance of him say playing against VAN then there is no chance of him playing at all during a callup (if it were to happen during the trip) I wouldn't want to see Hollett face any other team then VAN during the BC trip if there was a chance at him seeing any minutes at all.

It wouldn't hurt him by any means to get a call up and practice with the team even be a backup for a game while out in BC is all im really saying, he is the goalie of the future not Brown

patsdude114
11-21-2014, 11:12 PM
just as the title of this post says.... Wagner scores on a breakaway and tries a different move to boot!!

You can tell these Vancouver announcers haven't watched any Pats games since last year when they played against us as they couldn't believe how fast Wagner really is for a big kid

patsdude114
11-22-2014, 12:18 AM
Interesting comments by assistant coach Struch tonight after the game, saying how sloppy we were and and how that wasn't a good game played by us... does that just show how bad the Giants really are if we played that poorly and won 6-2? I know the 1st period we were very sloppy but I thought we did a great job cleaning up our game in the 2nd period as well as the 3rd. As the Vancouver announcers said that the Pats owned the slot in the defensive zone after the 1st period.

Now if Struch was talking about how crappy/sloppy we are on our PP breakouts then yes I fully agree with him on that as our PP breakouts are horrid the worst I have seen in years heck I think atom division teams break out better then we do....

I do agree we need to be a lot better tomorrow night in Victoria have to be ready from the drop of the puck of they will put us away in the 1st period, something that Vancouver couldn't do do to their skill level.

Kudos to Smith tonight for dropping the mitts against a 20yr old and by far his best scrap of the year..... he stood up for himself and that's what more players on our team need to do imo

I liked the game of Benson tonight even if you take away his goal early in the 1st he plays a physical game and has a great skill set... I still prefer Steel over Benson maybe being abit homer there I just prefer an elite playmaker or goal scorer when it comes to a top draft pick. I don't think Benson will ever put up the goals that say Virtanen puts up as a pure goal scorer.

I really think the coaching staff needs to separate Harrison and Reagan... I thought Hilsendager was a great D partner for Reagan and Zborovskiy was good for Harrison. But with that said I fully get that they need to be able to play with every Dman due to injuries as lets face it they will happen at some point of the year just hope there isn't any serious ones that keep guys out long term.

I expect Wapple to play 4 of the 5 games on this trip, Brown will play against PG

chopper
11-22-2014, 12:36 AM
After the 1st period we outshot them 19-12 and I felt picked up our game in some areas over the 1st period. I think our back check was rather slow/sloppy like D'Amico reaching in and taking 2 mins when he could have taken two more strides and caught the guy.

Our special teams still need a fair bit of work, and at time our defensive zone coverage was a bit spotty. It was more of a wake-up to the team as they don't want them thinking they can play poorly, give up the lead, and come back and win 6-2 every night.

I agree I liked Smith's moxie and for sure is something we need much more of. I hate to be a broken record but I am very unimpressed with Reagan, and he appears to be bringing down Harrison. I think they can acquire better like Reagan for Hobbs. Anything at all.

Wilhms is such a homer but he begrudgingly gave the Pats their due to some extent. I'm not convinced that the Steel-Klimchuk-Christopher line is all that it should be. It's like something is missing. Acquiring a quality young d-man and a rugged winger would be nice.

patsdude114
11-22-2014, 12:48 AM
My question is though..... Would Reagan be enough straight up to get Hobbs? Imo it wouldn't be a Reagan just hasn't panned out as planned, if he played more in the physical side and at least tried to show some toughness his game with the puck could be over looked abit. He was at one point looked at by hockey Canada as one of the top 50 15yr olds and took part in a special event by hockey Canada in calgary. Where has that gone? Has Cameron ruined him that badly?

dondo
11-22-2014, 03:09 AM
Be happy you didn't see that game - it was ugly and not in an intense way. Oddly the Giants aren't quite that bad, but we played a seriously ugly game. Wagner just blew by our defensemen who both decided to stand still and watch him fly by -- he has wheels, but we did not react - he didn't have to split the D, cause we gave him a wide open lane to the net.

Wapple battled some of the shots thrown his way and made some easy saves look tough, but really we weren't challenging for rebounds or winning puck battles and other the the first 9+ minutes, that was one the msot disjointed lack-luster outings by the Gs I have witnessed this year and possibly more. Enjoy the rest of your roadsie -- not happy we made it so easy tonight.

dondo
11-22-2014, 03:16 AM
Benson is the real deal -- he is an elite playmaker, but really it's how he sees the game. I'll be watching and thinking, why didn't you go in and get the puck, when what he was doing was staging himself to where the guy was going to pass the puck and intercept it. He is a very smart player and I am looking forward to watching him grow. He ain't really flashy, but there's depth upon depth. Future NHL captain ala Linden or possibly Yzerman - I know high praise, but he has all of the components to grow into that player imo.

Bighat
11-22-2014, 10:09 AM
Pats dude maybe the pats are a little better then you think they are. I'm with you chopper we need to ship reagen out and I think a change of scenery he might just get his game back.

chopper
11-22-2014, 10:32 AM
Actually a lot of us did watch on web tv. It's been real good since we got them fan dangled things called computers.:) Hooked to a 50" screen it's great except for the buffering. I don't think any game is easy when your on the road and don't have the last change.

The coaching staff was unhappy with the effort and Coach Struch brought that out on the post game show. I think they may have looked at where the Giants were in the standings and played down to their opposition. The first two goals were sloppy D coverage.

The Pats were poor in the 1st but were better in the 2nd and 3rd. Not great but better. The took away the ice on Vancouver who only had 12 shots the rest of the way. The Pats have beat Medicine Hat, Seattle and Edmonton back to back. So not their best game.

Benson is a good player but so are Steel, Patrick, Kryski, Clague and others from that draft. It's a bit early to be putting too many tags on a kid. Injuries and other things can derail a kid pretty fast. I think I'll leave my predictions for 5 years down the road.

sbtatter
11-22-2014, 04:23 PM
Benson is a good player but so are Steel, Patrick, Kryski, Clague and others from that draft. It's a bit early to be putting too many tags on a kid. Injuries and other things can derail a kid pretty fast. I think I'll leave my predictions for 5 years down the road.

Very true chopper. Add in Skinner and Jost to the standouts in the 1st round of 2013, a lot of these guys have the credentials to have good careers, but who knows right now which will be the standouts

nivek_wahs
11-22-2014, 07:28 PM
Hollett starts tonight.... per Phil.

Kinda surprised to be honest. Hopefully he's up to the task.

chopper
11-22-2014, 08:24 PM
A bit surprising in that it kind of kicks Brown to the curb somewhat. Hollett is our goalie of the future for sure, but on the 2nd game of a tough road trip in a tough barn?? I for sure hope he does well but as for Brown I guess he gets to enjoy popcorn tonight.

patsdude114
11-22-2014, 09:38 PM
I had a great feeling that Hollett would be called up and get game action during this trip but I didn't expect it to happen against Victoria I thought against VAN or PG

Bighat
11-22-2014, 10:35 PM
Why why why your on a roll. He has all the time in the world for the next 4 years to play. We need to play our best. I totally disagree with the decision.

patsdude114
11-22-2014, 10:43 PM
I think it just goes to show that the bigger picture is still a rebuild and that this year isn't anything more then just a stepping stone... not saying we would of beat Victoria even with Wapple between the pipes. Plus its not like Hollett has hurt us by any means he has made some really good saves, we have given up a lot of odd man rushes and its not like we have scored thru 40 minutes either

chopper
11-23-2014, 12:25 AM
Gay, D'Amico and Hunt are all vets and all were -3. Reagan and Harrison were both -3. That kind of tells you who didn't come to play. At least Hilsendager was 0 for night after a +5 last night. He's a young d-man that's playing really well for a rookie.

Klimchuk has been a little invisible the last few games. Biggest problem like it has been many games this year is that nobody wants to go to the net, and dirty areas. Couldn't win any board battles and too many shots from outside, with nobody going for rebounds.

We don't seem to like to play dirty hockey and own the walls. We don't like to go hard and battle in the dirty areas. All any team needs to do with a north/south team is plug the middle, then we're lost. We don't know how to play a grind game.

IMO we should have played Hollett last night. He was OK but not great. He wash't the reason we lost but he was placed in a bad spot. Paddock made a mistake in starting him this game. 5 goals on 24 shots isn't a confidence builder. I think a mistake was made.

chopper
11-23-2014, 01:40 PM
Geez I just noticed we have a three day break until our next game. That's an unusually long break but the BC boys deserve a bit of time with family. Hopefully the Pats can use this time wisely to work on some things and maybe have a few heart to hearts.

I've been watching the games trying to get a sense of where they would be without some vets, should they be moved a deadline. Some might be tough to lose but others I don't think would be missed some much. I still think we need to build for the followings years.

Bighat
11-23-2014, 01:58 PM
Who do we call up when Hanson leaves the team when we get back from the bc trip. Is mortlach playing yet.

patsdude114
11-23-2014, 03:38 PM
Geez I just noticed we have a three day break until our next game. That's an unusually long break but the BC boys deserve a bit of time with family. Hopefully the Pats can use this time wisely to work on some things and maybe have a few heart to hearts.

I've been watching the games trying to get a sense of where they would be without some vets, should they be moved a deadline. Some might be tough to lose but others I don't think would be missed some much. I still think we need to build for the followings years.

You still have to make sure you have quality 20yr olds for next season which I do believe we will have in Wapple Gay Hunt & Williams as all 4 of them will be back in the league next year. Obviously we would have to move 1 I guess the biggest question before you pull the trigger on that would be....

Where do they see our goaltending situation next season?

Do they feel it would be strong enough with Brown and Hollett where they could move Wapple this year to a more contending team. Most teams do have a clear cut #1 guy though the only team I could see who would be considered a contender who may want a different guy is Calgary as Shields has been very hit and miss this year. But that may get better now that Kanzig is there for defensive help.

If they feel we need Wapple next season then you have to look at who can bring back the most of the other 3 guys and that clearly would be Hunt im sure a deal like what TC got for Rankin would be a good deal for Hunt. Rankin brought back a 17yr old in Josh Thrower

As the trade deadline approaches it will be very interesting to see where Paddock and the coaching staff see's this team going now and in the future, I don't want to see a full on fire sale cause we still have to have some leadership for the rest of the year and moving into next season. But if we move Klimchuk, Burroughs and say Hunt/Gay that should be enough to help restock the cupboards and moves us forward to be competitive for years to come.

Who do we call up when Hanson leaves the team when we get back from the bc trip. Is mortlach playing yet.

i thought you said Hansen was just happy to be on the team and didn't care how much he played? If that's the case why would he leave the team?

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he left the team but it would be better if they could trade him and he finds the drive to play again if in fact he has lost the drive that is....

Oh ya and on another note.... what happened to this 'big trade' that was in the works? that is the 2nd time you have so called 'called it out' and NOTHING has happened......... but oh yes its very easy to say 'that talks ended' or 'the other team backed out' isn't it?

Bighat
11-23-2014, 06:22 PM
It is what it is. I think Johnny boy is looking for the perfect deal.

patsdude114
11-26-2014, 08:57 PM
Very interesting to hear pretty much game in and game out how the Lines are viewed as lines 1-2-3-4

Line 1
HUNT/D'AMICO/GAY

Line 2
PADAKIN/BROOKS/WAGNER

Line 3
KLIMCHUK/STEEL/CHRISTOFFER

Line 4
COLE/SMITH/MCCAMMOND or KROEKER

I guess what im getting at is when Klimchuk isn't even looked at as being on the top line you really have to question how long he is going to be around for, IMO he doesn't have the right center needed for him to be the pure goal scorer that he is.... Steel is not there yet in terms of playing and setting up a player like Klimchuk on a regular basis. Klimchuk looked best when his center was D'Amico while Steel was away at the U17's

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-27-2014, 12:11 AM
I guess what im getting at is when Klimchuk isn't even looked at as being on the top line you really have to question how long he is going to be around for, IMO he doesn't have the right center needed for him to be the pure goal scorer that he is.... Steel is not there yet in terms of playing and setting up a player like Klimchuk on a regular basis. Klimchuk looked best when his center was D'Amico while Steel was away at the U17'sNo you don't. Steel and Klimchuk are the two most skilled players on the team. Being on the 3rd line is not the same as being 3rd on the depth chart. It is a basic idea for coaches to spread out the players to make the team appear stronger depth wise. It is basic and it happens to work. the top line has chemistry, and theres no reason to mess with that. The second line has speed and youth, while the third has the skill. Klimchuk is likely the only guy who can play with steel, and christoffer is a good complement to the skill players and will keep the peace.

And its probable that he will get traded. Its no revelation that the new management wants to rebuild considering their approach on every single thing we have done this year. But lets not get crazy...Klimchuk isn't in the dog house, even if the top line has been hot for the last while and has deserved the ice time.

patsdude114
11-27-2014, 01:07 AM
First off I never once said Klimchuk was in the dog house nor did I think that when creating that post. I also never questioned his or Steel's skill level.

It was nothing more then a comment in how the lines are being talked about in terms of lines 1 thru 4 as most WHL fans would just assume Klimchuk is on the top line. Klimchuk does get as many big line minutes this year due to Paddock rolling 4 lines, he also doesn't get as many great chances like he has in the past years due to playing with a less dominate centerman. Steel seems to shine a lot more against the weaker teams like tonight as an example, the good teams like Victoria shut him down completely and make him appear to be just another 16 year old out there. By no means is this a knock on Steel it's just facts as even against CGY SC EDM RD it's been the same story. Let's face it he is just another 16yr old out there against those teams but one who just happens to have a huge upside.

I for one really can't wait til we trade Klimchuk and finally do what this franchise hasn't done for many years and that's trade a star away to look at the bigger picture instead of just 1 found of playoff money.

Shooter
11-27-2014, 10:00 AM
BC Cherrie pie the best!

Not sure the lines have any rankings right now however media calls it the way they want. Most teams match up certain lines at certain times anyway which has a impact to ice game in game out!

The power play time is the real factor for points anyways!

However Paddock is giving players opportunities on the top 3 units and nice to see what players.... can and can't achieve..... with more ice time or balanced ice time at this level

YES the guys playing 14-25 minutes per game should be producing more than the players that get 3-8 minutes of ice.

Lets face it we could debate who is on the power plays for sure as if structured correctly we would use more forwards as well.

It would be nice to know the breakdown of team points and percentage on power-plays versus even strength as well????? Yes all line up and process coaches decision but move guys around and you would see point production enhanced or declined.

The rookie line is doing well with the opportunity they are given as well.

Off to gcup

chopper
11-27-2014, 02:13 PM
The boys played pretty well in PG for the most part. The two back to back penalties in the 3rd took a lot of their momentum away. The PP looked awesome and the Cougars were reeling. All in all not a bad hockey game against a scrappy team.

Somebody better tell Wagner to never ever fight…LOL… it was too funny watching that tilt with Bear. I think Bear probably felt bad..LOL. Ruopp and some other PG players were pretty chippy. It's too bad we don't have anyone to make them think twice.

I guess McNulty must be hurt or something. It would have been nice to put him on the bus with us. Now if we can possibly get by Kamloops and assure an above .500 BC trip, it would be nice.

patsdude114
11-27-2014, 03:52 PM
The boys played pretty well in PG for the most part. The two back to back penalties in the 3rd took a lot of their momentum away. The PP looked awesome and the Cougars were reeling. All in all not a bad hockey game against a scrappy team.

Somebody better tell Wagner to never ever fight…LOL… it was too funny watching that tilt with Bear. I think Bear probably felt bad..LOL. Ruopp and some other PG players were pretty chippy. It's too bad we don't have anyone to make them think twice.

I guess McNulty must be hurt or something. It would have been nice to put him on the bus with us. Now if we can possibly get by Kamloops and assure an above .500 BC trip, it would be nice.

McNulty was hurt not sure with what but he has missed a game or 2 now if I recall right. The PG announcers were talking about him being back when the Blades and Raiders come thru next weekend.

As for Wagner and his fighting skills... or lack thereof.... he is a guy who needs to take some fighting tips from Christoffer or Burroughs cause Wagner hasn't done well in any fights this year if I recall correct.

I didn't really think PG was that chippy of a team at all last night maybe a big part of that is cause McNulty wasn't in the lineup to have their backs. Up until that incident with just over a minute left PG showed nothing in terms of being chippy. One of the PG fans on the white board is hoping Jari Erricson gets 5-10 games for his cross check to the face last night but im thinking 3-5 is prob more realistic hell could be even 2 as I don't think he is a repeat offender for that type of garbage.

I agree fully with you chopper when you say that we killed our own momentum with those back to back penalties in the early 3rd and it prob helped a lot too that Edmonds stopped Brooks on that SH breakaway during the 1st penalty, had he scored on that im sure the 3rd would of been a lot different the rest of the way.

Next up is Kamloops and I feel we match up very well against the Blazers, im sure Burroughs and Williams will be matched up against Ully & Revel (if I recall they are linemates but I could be mistaken). This is a game McVeigh should be able to get up for and try to prove that Paddock made the wrong choice in our 20yr old situation (which I still believe he didn't make any mistake at all) if McVeigh cant put forth his best effort against us and try to make a statement I would really question his will to be in the league as a 20yr old.

chopper
11-28-2014, 09:24 AM
The game in PG wasn't a gong show by any means, but would have become so had we scored a couple more goals. Ruopp hit Steel high and late and should have been a penalized. Anderson hit Hilsendager high and late and hurt him, and of course Ericson's actions.

The hit on Hilsendager is what got Smith so irate. Ericson then cross checks Williams. I note that Ericson doesn't appear to have picked up any supplemental from the incident. So much for the league taking care of things. That's why we need to.

They will face another steep test tonight. If we win then we would finish at least 3-2 which would be great. Even if we lost the last two we would still be .500 overall on the road when we get home.

patsdude114
11-28-2014, 01:04 PM
I'm going out in a limb and saying I highly doubt the league had any video to go off of the Erricson cross check and we all know they rarely give a suspension without seeing video of something. I mean the webcast didn't show what he did so I doubt any other video was it. The only info in have of his cross check was what a PG fan on the white board had said.

I think te Pats have a very good chance at beating the Blazers tonight, the Blazers started the year off out of the gate very fast but have slowly came back down to earth. It's still a road game on a long trip for is so who knows how we will respond/play but I'm sure if Paddock has anything to say about it we will be coming out to play our game of we are even 80% on our game I think we walk out of Kamloops with nothing less then a 4-2 win.

I'm still now a big fan of how Christoffer just turns the other cheek, that is not his game at all he's trying to be something he is not he still needs to play with the fire that edge. By no means am I saying the loose cannon ball of our home opener but somewhere in between, he plays his best when he is engaged and has a fight to his name as well. When was the last time he fought?

chopper
11-28-2014, 06:12 PM
I tend to agree that Christopher is not the player he needs to be. He needs to be a very physical element, particular to the line he is on. His job is clearly to look after Steel and Klimchuk and give them some extra room. That's not happening whatsoever.

It looks like Klimchuk and Steel have found some chemistry together. Christopher is simply picking up garbage points by being around the action. At this point i'm not at all convinced that Smith couldn't do the same job. Paddock has too big a leash on Christopher.

Christopher needs to step in when required to calm things down when our starts are being abused. If he isn't then he's not doing the the job he was intended for. He is nowhere near as fiery this year and I think Paddock isn't maximizing his value to the team.

patsdude114
11-28-2014, 11:53 PM
Great win by the pats tonight

chopper
11-29-2014, 07:12 AM
Great win by the pats tonight

It was a great win. The score flattered the Blazers who attempted to goon it up all night. If not for their backup goalie Kehler, we would have been in double digits. Brown played reasonably well himself for us. Poor Steel seems to be snake bit somewhat.

The officials did a disgusting job controlling the game. On several occasions Rehill and other Blazers dropped their gloves after the play, and punched our guys. All the refs did was even it up all night. Wagner got a checking to the head major on some phantom call.

With less than 3 mins left Rehill rag dolls Cole and starts feeding him rights. Cole grappled Rehill in self defence mode and didn't throw any punches. Rehill gets the instigator but the refs should have been in early to stop it. Cole gets a fighting major for ??????.

Rehill was acting up all night but we had nobody to settle him down. Then when he got his chance he pummelled one of our small forwards. Strangely he didn't go after Christopher, who again was mostly ineffective all night. Nobody jumped in to Cole's assistance.

Had we a player who could have handled Rehill, a message could have been sent early. You have to stand up for yourself by whatever means necessary when needed. Great teams do not let their rookies get abused. I am not impressed with that aspect.

Dyson Stevenson would not have allowed that sort of thing to happen. He took care of business and still scored 30 goals. It can be done without being a goon. Regardless of the wins this team will not do much unless it addresses that glaring need.

Now Kelowna who have plenty of tough guys themselves. They can score and play defence, so it will be tough. If we can play hard and keep it close you never know. Even getting a point would be nice, but a win would be the cherry on top. You never know!

Bighat
11-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Well guys if the pats win tonite a decision has to be made do we trade to improve and make a run or do we get rid of assets for next year. Myself as a long time season ticket holder I would be for adding 2 pieces and I personally think we have a shot. We have good goaltending for this year and next. Our defence needs a player or two but with our young guys on our list we will be fine next year. Up front we need ONE forward to play with klimchuck and steel. Next year we are fine up front too, we have 2 16 and maybe 2 17 coming up. I personally think this team can make a run without selling the future in the process. I think the forward we can scoop for cheap is forsberg. He has been playing well in toon. These are just my opinions as a fan and season ticket holder but this team is away better then last year.

RWAH
11-29-2014, 11:06 AM
Big Hat to be buyers is crazy. We are no way near Brandon (this year and next year), Kelowna or Medicine Hat. We need to recup some middle round picks in 15 and 16 and I agree we need some grit and toughness. You are right we have some good looking prospects for next year so lets build for 2016/17 season.

patsdude114
11-29-2014, 11:09 AM
I as a long time season ticket holder as well (24yrs of my 32yrs) I am fully against adding pieces unless those pieces are 16 & 17 year olds from trades me make involving Klimchuk & Burroughs (or just Klimchuk). It's not like Klimchuk has been the major reason why we are winning so much as of late that goes to the line of Gay Hunt D'Amico they have been drawing teams top defensive pairing in the games I have been watching (missed last nights game due to another event) but I'm sure it was no different. Don't get me wrong Klimchuk is still putting up his point per game as he should be but by no means is he the reason we are on such a roll.

Even trading Klimchuk while getting a 16 or 17 year old roster player I still strongly believe we make the playoffs and have a good shot at beating swift current in the 1st round but let's be honest here that is as far as this so called 'run' will take us..... We can not match BRN 3 top lines in a 7 game series. They are built to do damage this year but to win it all next year (which never know could happen this year too).

So yes I'm still strongly against being any sort of a buyer this year especially for another 19yr old in Forsberg that will take ice time away from Smith Cole McCammond Kroeker the future of our teams secondary scoring.

I personally do not think this years team is better then last years team.... Last year we had more top notch talent that could actually dominate games, but I will say this it would of been nice to have head coach Paddock last year with that talent and seen what he could of done with that group.

Also don't look now but PA is on abit of a roll themselves now under new head coach Marc Habsciede (I know I spelt that wrong on my phone and don't care to look it up lol) I think it's a matter of time before the Raiders leave MJ in their dust but they will still be in tough to secure that wild card spot I believe just due to such a horrible start.

Bartholamew
11-29-2014, 11:57 AM
Has anyone heard the status of Williams? He left the game and did not return. That would be a big hit for us if he is out. :confused:

chopper
11-29-2014, 12:26 PM
Buyers or sellers and the debates continues. IMO it would be catastrophic for our organization if we were not sellers this time around. As much or more so than the last several years. Last year had we made some moves, we would have still made the playoffs. We would still likely have been gone in the first round. The Pennant we won seems so hollow in retrospect. I strongly feel we need to move Klimchuk and Burroughs for prospects and picks. I know moving Burroughs will hurt but I will explain how I see it.

Klimchuk will not be back next year no matter what. Burroughs is unlikely to be back as well. I think the Islanders will find a place for him to play. The Pats could write in a clause with any team that if he should return as a 20 year old, they would get additional compensation. Next season we will likely have Gay, Hunt, Wapple,and Williams as 20 year olds. Which two of those guys would you want to trade away? We might as well get a big return this year from teams that are in the hunt and want to load up. Burroughs is likely to bring back just about as much as Klimchuk will. A lot of teams want a top 2 d-man with a huge offensive upside. The trade return from those guys should bring a plethora of prospects and picks. And neither guy will be with us when we reach our plateau.

I feel strongly that Reagan and Harrison could be improved upon and moved quite readily. We have some options in Mortlach, Poteau and Frearich that might work for one spot. I would love to see Freadrich here. We could add another good 18-19 year old d-man to help fill in for Burroughs. We would still have Williams who plays a very similar game especially on the PP. Trades involving those four guys could bring a big return and still allow us to be a playoff team. We could bring in prospects, picks, size, grit, and toughness in any combination. The 2016 season is what we're targeting so let's build for it. As PD114 says we are not at the level of Kelowna, Brandon etc. Adding a couple players at what cost? wouldn't be enough to beat either in a 7 game series. Lets do it right this time!

chopper
11-29-2014, 12:32 PM
Has anyone heard the status of Williams? He left the game and did not return. That would be a big hit for us if he is out. :confused:

I watched the game and didn't see anything obvious. He was on the ice while we scored our first two goals and got a + for doing so. He then sat on the bench for the rest of the period. He tried a bit at the beginning of the 2nd period but sat out the rest of the game. A tough loss if he's out. Also wonder if Wagner will get any supplemental. Supposedly a head hit on Ully, who didn't break stride or miss a shift. A real phantom call.

Bighat
11-29-2014, 01:17 PM
Klimchucks line is still drawing the oppents top line thus gays line is benefitting from playing against the second lines. Brandon isn't going to sustain there level of play, there young and I see some growing pains. I agree that Brandon's year is next. I don't want to trade the farm I'm just saying that this years situation is way better then the Ederle, tubert year in which THEY SHOULD have been TRADED. The young guys will still get the same playing time I just want to add 1 forward to replace Christopher on that line. We can recoup draft picks with an off season trade for 1 of our 20 year olds. There are going to be only a handful of teams looking to buy and a lot of teams looking to sell, this will not be a sellers market this year. Kelowna doesn't need much and they don't like to trade away there future so that leaves the hat, Calgary, evert. Let me pass this scernio pass you guys: what if we acquire Reinhardt does this make us a contender? The ice are going to unload a few of there top end guys and it's going to be the same teams wanting klimchuck and Burroughs. Portland is going to unload a few guys.

patsdude114
11-29-2014, 01:46 PM
Let me pass this scernio pass you guys: what if we acquire Reinhardt does this make us a contender? The ice are going to unload a few of there top end guys and it's going to be the same teams wanting klimchuck and Burroughs. Portland is going to unload a few guys.

The Ice will not be unloading Reinhart with them getting Reinhart and Bozon back they are a threat to compete for 2nd in their division even without making any other deals.... Kootenay is a team that NEEDS playoff money year in and year out and if they can add a guy they could easily go deep with having the best WHLer maybe to some extent a top 2 CHLer in their lineup.

Staying on topic of a the Ice for a second...... it wont be hard for them to upgrade a 20yr old in Veterrl wouldn't surprise me if Rodewald ends up their.... they have more then a few pieces to acquire a big name guy say by the likes of Klimchuk they have 2 local products to Regina in Troy Murray & Jared Legien (both from Pilot Butte/White City) give them Burroughs as well for both those and call it even... If there is any year for the Ice to have a shot at making some noise and bringing in their much needed playoff revenue to stay above water this is the year for them to do it since Reinhart and Bozon both fell back into their laps. Since Reinhart has returned they are 7-2 (up until last night 7-1) which leaves them as the hottest team in the Central Division. They are going to lose Reinhart for a month here due to the WJs which will be about 10-12 games, but they will still have Bozon around to help ease the pain as early in the year they just didn't have enough horses besides Descheneau.

Bighat I think your going to be a very disappointed Pats fan when the trade deadline passes. Also no way in hell would we acquire Reinhart this team is building for the future (which the new owners have said more then a few times) and to get a guy like Reinhart you would HAVE to trade away a 1st round pick forsure along with a top prospect at the minimum and even that isn't going to be enough.... so where does that put us for building for the future? That's a bigger step backwards then anything else.

chopper
11-29-2014, 02:36 PM
Hey PD114 - I hadn't thought of Kootenay as a partner but your rationale makes real good sense. Additionally KOOTENAY are not afraid to pull the trigger. After all they did the Bozon deal. The price for a 1st rounder has been pegged with the Sherback deal. It will be high priced. The price for Burroughs will be pretty much at 1st round price point as well. Good d-men are very hard to find. His +/- is the best in the league for d-men. He will be as highly sought after as Klimchuk, by more than one team.

It would take both Murray and Legien plus a couple more picks but I think a deal could be had. If Kootenay were to add a Rodewald as well, they would be a genuine contender in the Eastern Conference. A very strong contender to go all the way. The money a long run could generate is almost a must for that organization. With Bozon, Reinhart, Dasheneau, Klimchuk, Rodewald, and Burroughs etc., would anyone want to go up against that lineup? Plus their good playoff history. That would be a killer lineup and all character guys.

We would upgrade our talent immediately. Steel as #1 needs a #1a to compliment him. We don't have that as of yet. Who ever though our next best rookie forward would be McAmmond? We need more! A trade like this would do that.

A couple of other smaller moves like I have previously mentioned could perhaps bring in another rugged d-man and winger. We will never pay the price to get a Reinhart so instead lets have them pay the price and stock us. We can make moves when we're ready.

Bighat
11-29-2014, 05:48 PM
We would want Murray and zborosky (he is a regina boy too). Good points pats dude that's what this board is for. I won't be disappointed at deadline. I'm good either way I've been down this road before. I know that their is some behind the scene problems in kootney so I don't know which way they will go. I don't think there in a position to win the league. I feel they are in more of a position to trade for future years because if they don't they will be horrible for years to come.

RWAH
11-29-2014, 05:56 PM
Big Hat I agree this year will not be a sellers market. but that should not make us buyers. Reinheart or Forsberg for Christoffer, don't think that trade will happen without us sweetening the pot with picks or prospects and that should not happen. We need all the picks and prospects we have. Some of what we have will not work out, go the college avenue, or what.
IMO we may see some interest in Hunt and maybe Wapple.
An interesting month ahead. Again we need some grit and to recoup the middle round picks.

Bighat
11-29-2014, 06:39 PM
I'm just saying we need to replace Christopher on that line not a straight up trade

chopper
11-29-2014, 07:48 PM
I think in the next while the speculation will heat up, and there is no right or wrong speculative view. Much can happen in a couple weeks that can alter what a team does or doesn't do. Teams that were sellers could be buyers and visa versa. It's junior hockey:) Kootenay gave a kings ransom to get Bozon and will only get a fraction back, so why trade him. They will keep Deshaneau so why trade Reinhart. The Ice rarely trade their stars. With the addition of three pieces I firmly believe they could challenge for the Eastern Conference crown.

I think it's always a sellers market if you have something good to sell. Sherback is gone, Neiczchleb is gone, Rienhart may not be moved now, Morrisey may not be moved now. Who has the only other NHL 1st round forward available?, and Burroughs is a top five d-men in the league. There are several teams that will want to play come trade deadline. Considering our shortage of picks in upcoming drafts and the talent gap in our young players, we really should be a forward looking organization. Instead of looking back two years from now and saying geez we should have moved Klimchuk and Burroughs. Considering neither of these guys will be here when we crest, anything less would be foolish and harmful to the organization. The problem with common sense is that it's not all that common!

patsdude114
11-29-2014, 09:48 PM
And Paddock comes out and says during an interview with the Kelowna Rockets announcers that he is a seller this year and that a few 19yr olds will be moved.....

He didn't say any names but im very sure Klimchuk & Burroughs are high on that list as high as #1 & #2

chopper
11-29-2014, 11:57 PM
A great character win tonight and if not for Whistle, we score a few more. I heard the interview with Paddock and he was very clear that some 19 year olds will be moved. I agree that Klimchuk and Burroughs will be the most sought after. We will not be buyers.

Like Paddock says that as a coach you want to keep things going with your team and maybe add talent. However as the GM, he needs to take steps to make it a powerhouse in two years. He said he will not be a final four hockey team this year. He was very candid.

I think Paddock wants to install his system and win as many games as he can before the trade deadline. That way even after making some trades his team can still win games and grab a playoff spot. Breaking the old mold is tough but necessary to become elite.

patsdude114
11-30-2014, 12:05 AM
A great character win tonight and if not for Whistle, we score a few more. I heard the interview with Paddock and he was very clear that some 19 year olds will be moved. I agree that Klimchuk and Burroughs will be the most sought after. We will not be buyers.

Like Paddock says that as a coach you want to keep things going with your team and maybe add talent. However as the GM, he needs to take steps to make it a powerhouse in two years. He said he will not be a final four hockey team this year. He was very candid.

I think Paddock wants to install his system and win as many games as he can before the trade deadline. That way even after making some trades his team can still win games and grab a playoff spot. Breaking the old mold is tough but necessary to become elite.

This is basically everything Paddock said in a quick summary :) I was happier then a butchers dog listening to that interview, finally things are going to be done right with this franchise and maybe we can finally hear the Pats name in the same sentence with teams like CGY BRN KEL as franchises who do things right the only downfall for us is that we are just starting to do things right after 20yrs with the Parker's

chopper
11-30-2014, 12:25 AM
So many of us Pat fans have wanted this done for some time. It is very refreshing to hear it's finally going to be a reality. We are going to be building a team we can all be proud of on a yearly basis. We will get to a point where we reload rather than rebuild.

On a different note I really hope they start playing Kroeker a lot more. He is a talented kid who needs to find his groove. He does things right and makes things happen each time he plays. I hope they find him some more time.

Bighat
11-30-2014, 11:23 AM
Chopper only if we draft properly a few bad picks or no shows and your draft can go south in a hurry. As a player I wouldn't be happy with paddocks interview, this looks like a tight team and playing really well. This could be smoke and mirrors too. I still think we could add a player or 2 and not hurt the future, but if we get a boat load for klimchuck, Burroughs do it and I'll be happy.

chopper
11-30-2014, 01:42 PM
Chopper only if we draft properly a few bad picks or no shows and your draft can go south in a hurry. As a player I wouldn't be happy with paddocks interview, this looks like a tight team and playing really well. This could be smoke and mirrors too. I still think we could add a player or 2 and not hurt the future, but if we get a boat load for klimchuck, Burroughs do it and I'll be happy.

Your point is well taken and your right. I would however ask you to consider this: if you don't have sufficient draft picks how can you make bad picks? Right now the Pats have massive holes in their draft for the next two years. That alone will be a huge problem. Kids who don't pan out or don't report is an issue all teams face regularly. Last year Tambellini who never reported to Portland decided to play WHL at 19. His rights were traded to Calgary for a 1st round pick. Portland who lost a 1st round pick due to sanctions all of a sudden got a 1st round pick last draft. This from a player who was drafted by Portland and never reported. We have a few good ones, particularly Finlay and Schoiler, that would be nice to have here. They may come later or we may trade their rights for assets later.

Adding a stud forward and d-man would be great additions to our club, but at what cost? We have so many missing picks that it would be gross negligence to trade away even more. I agree we may add a couple guys but they will come from other lesser deals.

I get it that it's tough on these kids to hear the GM's comments, but really most of them know something is going to happen. The likes of Burroughs and Klimchuk may get a chance to play for a League Championship or more. We get some good roster players and fill some glaring deficiencies in our upcoming drafts. I feel we have a couple roster d-men we could improve upon. I think getting a young high end forward to compliment Steel is a crucial need we have. Regardless I think we're well positioned to make the playoffs.

patsdude114
11-30-2014, 02:14 PM
I agree with chopper on every point he made especially adding another '98 to compliment Steel this year and the years to come is a need we have to fill. It's all about building the right age groups when it comes to junior hockey (something Parker failed to realise) we have a good group of '97s but nothing that is screaming huge talent they will be quality support group for Steel and hopefully Elmer along with Smith but we lack that other top guy in that group.

Maybe seeing the program we are building here will help lure Liam Schoiler here next season. Seeing the huge steps our player development has taken already may put pressure on his family and agent to commit to us to the league in general.

I'm curious what Paddock sees in Adam Berg he also made that last central scouting list in the same grade group as Wagner and Hunt. I would love to see Berg come in for the rest of the year.

D cherry
11-30-2014, 02:38 PM
I think this team right now is doing well and other teams only wish they could play this well .

Bepoleon
11-30-2014, 03:04 PM
I could see Klimchuk traded to the Hitmen... Klimchuk's from Calgary and the Hitmen picked up Kanzig this year, who is also a Flames prospect.

Plus the Pats and Hitmen have been trading buddies for the past few years now.

Klimchuk for T. Draude '97, B. Malentsyn '98 and a 2015 2nd or 3rd round pick.

The Kooteney trade proposal would be great too.

chopper
11-30-2014, 04:20 PM
I could see Klimchuk traded to the Hitmen... Klimchuk's from Calgary and the Hitmen picked up Kanzig this year, who is also a Flames prospect.

Plus the Pats and Hitmen have been trading buddies for the past few years now.

Klimchuk for T. Draude '97, B. Malentsyn '98 and a 2015 2nd or 3rd round pick.

The Kooteney trade proposal would be great too.

I like this a lot, and it may have a lot of traction. Calgary picked up Kanzig so they clearly are still wanting to go for it. They could have traded Chase for just picks but didn't. Klimchuk would be a natural fit there. To make it make it more palatable to Calgary perhaps they could return the 3rd round pick we gave them for Padakin. We could then barter it for a 2015 or 2016 pick. Love to have Draude and Malenstyn. It's going to take something very similar as I get the feeling Paddock will not give anything away for nothing.

Did anybody hear the nature and seriousness of the injury to Williams? ALSO: I am quite impressed at how valuable Hanson has been on the BC trip!

RWAH
11-30-2014, 09:36 PM
Interesting ( from the dub's site) Rehill (Kamloops) gets one game suspension and team fine of $500.00 for the fight in the last 5 minuets. PG's Erikson got 2 games for the cross check to the head. still TBD on Wagner's phantom check to the Head.

chopper
11-30-2014, 10:29 PM
Interesting ( from the dub's site) Rehill (Kamloops) gets one game suspension and team fine of $500.00 for the fight in the last 5 minuets. PG's Erikson got 2 games for the cross check to the head. still TBD on Wagner's phantom check to the Head.

Ericcson cross checked Williams to the head with about 1:30 left to go in the third period. Williams plays about 10 mins of the 1st period in Kamloops and shuts it down. I didn't see him take any sort of unusual hit to that point. It seems more than coincidence.

Rehill grabs Cole, ties him up, rag dolls him, and then feeds him punches. Cole stood up and tried to duck punches in a self preservation mode, yet he gets a fighting major. Rehill should have been tagged with a one man fight as well as instigator.

Wagner and Ully appeared to come together in some type of incidental contact. Ully and Wagner skate away and about 10 seconds later they call a major on Wagner ????. Everybody was surprised at the call. Officials out on the trip were real bad.

When Rehill jumped Cole, it was obvious Cole didn't have any intentions of fighting. The officials let Rehil pull Cole around like a rag doll for at least 10 seconds and didn't step in. They let Rehill feed him at least 10 punches before they finally did. P_ss poor work.

Fight Guy
12-01-2014, 05:37 AM
So I seem to be the only one who saw anything happen with Williams, but all I recall seeing was him in front of the Pats net with his arms shrugged up awkwardly.

I decided to go back and take a look on the WHL Live replay and it turns out he was hit awkwardly by #7 Kryski behind the net to Brown's left as they were both going for the puck coming around the corner. Kryski hits Williams right arm as Williams' facing the boards, almost turning to the left. The way he caught his arm made me cringe. His arm got jarred backward. Likely a shoulder injury, possibly bad. Like I said, it made me cringe to watch. It happens just after the 8 minutes into the game, 30 seconds before Padakin/Rehill got roughing penalties. Or at 17:10 of the time of the video player.

As for the Wagner "phantom call"... Again, I believe I saw more than others have. At 1:00:35 of the video player time, Ully was coming in on Brown at the top of the circles, receiving a pass from his back left. He was looking back to get the pass and Wagner cuts in from the right side and lifts his shoulder right through Ully's face. I believe it is all what they consider a blind side hit. I'm guessing Ully was OK because he didn't hit him solid in the side of the head and just across his face. Definitely worth a suspension. My guess is he plays Wednesday.

chopper
12-01-2014, 09:56 AM
I went back and had a close look on the Kryski hit on Williams. If anything Kryski might have got an elbowing penalty. There were 20 harder hits that that in the period. Simply an awkward spot I guess. Williams skates back to the front of the net, and in the last frame you see him drop his shoulder. The play then goes the other way. Viewed it a dozen times and it was a very innocent looking play.

On the Ully hit, there was no head contact discernible. Ully's head didn't snap and looks like a shoulder hit completely. It doesn't appear either Ully's head or face were contacted at all. It was awkward hit and at worst a questionable blindside hit, but definitely does not look like a head hit. It's gotten to the point where if you hit somebody clean and hard, your likely going to get a penalty particularly if the guy goes down. Wagner was really upset and pleading innocence. Nobody on either broadcast seemed to see a penalty. To even it up the ref gave Rehill 4 minutes for roughing. I'm pretty sure he knew he screwed up. Ully never missed a shift. I would be surprised if Wagner isn't back on Wednesday.

RWAH
12-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Wagner gets two games for hit to the head

nivek_wahs
12-02-2014, 05:52 PM
On the most recent WHL Weekly Report:

Colby Williams is out indefinitely with an upper body injury.

patsdude114
12-02-2014, 08:51 PM
That's a big blow to our defense I guess that means Hansen will be playing a lot now on the backend.

chopper
12-03-2014, 12:44 PM
I know Hanson's value has been questioned by many, including myself. I have to say that he has had a surprising amount of value with his ability to play both forward and defence. He was invaluable on the road trip. Once Williams returns we may need him up front.

Bighat
12-03-2014, 10:20 PM
- Huge congrats to Morgan Klimchuk who was invited to Team Canada's selection camp for the World Juniors. It's his last crack and making the club. He has worn the Maple Leaf well in the past winning gold at the Ivan Hlinka in 2012 and at the World U 18's in 2013. He showed well at their summer camp and I thought was one of the best forwards at the Subway Super Series. I think his versatility will be an advantage. He can play on both the right and left wing, good news because Team Canada only invited 2 natural right wingers. Not to mention he can play up and down in the lineup, kill penalties and bring offense. John Paddock called him the best two way winger among 19 year old's in the WHL and said he would be surprised if he didn't make the club. I think he will make it too.

Bighat
12-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Like I said he is more than a scorer he is a complete player that plays a nhl style. I'm glad his coach and gm see the same skill set as me. Lol. Well guys what do you think after a dominant game over brandon we should have won 9-2. I'm now convinced that we buy 2 players and go for it. After the comments from the west coaches and seeing all the top teams I really think we can win the league. So if we have a chance this year why would we pass that up to maybe have a shot 2 years down the road. We have depth in our system so I think we can add with minamill damage.

RWAH
12-03-2014, 11:10 PM
Playoff series are 7 games. Its is a lot easier to beat a top team once than to win a playoff series.
(With todays standings) The new playoff format the Pats would need to win a series against Swift (whom play very physical and we are small) Then Brandon, Then Medicine Hat and lastly Kelowna. IMO we do not have the talent or depth to win those four series. To trade prospects or draft picks (we are short of picks now) will only continue the road to mediocrity and short seasons.
trading and getting some early round prospects and picks will put this team on the road to a perennial contender

Bighat
12-03-2014, 11:34 PM
How do you know we can't win a 7 game series. I think Medicine Hat is too small no forwards over 6'. Swift current is lacking goaltending and depth up front, brandon is young. We have our top picks in the draft and we can recoup picks in the off season. I'm not saying sell the farm I just want 2 players. To get those players won't cost much. We have guys like mumby and Zimmer that have become assets. For the next 2 years brandon is going to be head and shoulders better then anyone else. The 1 thing we can't do is stay status quo, either we go one way or the other, I for one like our chances this year.

chopper
12-03-2014, 11:35 PM
Playoff series are 7 games. Its is a lot easier to beat a top team once than to win a playoff series.
(With todays standings) The new playoff format the Pats would need to win a series against Swift (whom play very physical and we are small) Then Brandon, Then Medicine Hat and lastly Kelowna. IMO we do not have the talent or depth to win those four series. To trade prospects or draft picks (we are short of picks now) will only continue the road to mediocrity and short seasons.
trading and getting some early round prospects and picks will put this team on the road to a perennial contender

Well put! We are on a roll right now but no team stays on a roll all season. To make a "run for it" as the Parkers would have done will also have a cost. A big cost. To be get a high end forward and d-man will cost 3-4 picks in the 15 and 16 draft.

If we looks at our missing picks for the next two years, we can't lose any more we might as well not attend. Just call in our few later round picks. We need some top 97, 98, and 99's to compliment what we have. We could never win 3 or 4 series. Defence is suspect.

We wil make the playoffs no matter what. We will fill holes in our draft and we will get some good young prospects. I personally never want to go back to the old way of doing business.

patsdude114
12-03-2014, 11:37 PM
Like I said he is more than a scorer he is a complete player that plays a nhl style. I'm glad his coach and gm see the same skill set as me. Lol. Well guys what do you think after a dominant game over brandon we should have won 9-2. I'm now convinced that we buy 2 players and go for it. After the comments from the west coaches and seeing all the top teams I really think we can win the league. So if we have a chance this year why would we pass that up to maybe have a shot 2 years down the road. We have depth in our system so I think we can add with minamill damage.

Thank god your not the GM if we are buyers we are running down the same path we have for the last 20yrs. Yes we have been winning as of late and playing some good hockey but when it comes to a playoff series things are a lot different then just a few games here and there....

Also i don't recall anyone ever saying Klimchuk doesn't have the skill set all anyone has ever said is he doesn't dominate on a regular basis like most 1st round draft picks do..... He can score no questions about it and again no ones questioning that but Klimchuk is not the type of player who wil carry a team on his back, kind of like how Stephenson did last year.

There is a much bigger picture then just a playoff series or 2 for this year. We will never build a winning franchise year after year like te BRN KEL CGY ect if we keep being a buyer when we are up in the standings within the division.

Bighat
12-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Pats dude you said klimchuck wasn't ready now and may never be. I never said sell the farm. We need 2 players and this wouldn't destroy our future, we have prospects. We will not compete with brandon over the next 2 years 15-16 17-18 we have a shot this year. We have been winning all year not just right now, and yes streaks come and go. I haven't seen a team in our conference that is flat out better than us. A Parker move is not what I'm looking for, but a Mckrimmon move would be nice.
Does anyone have a list of draft picks we have up until 2017 draft.

patsdude114
12-04-2014, 02:46 PM
Of course I said he wasn't ready now and its the truth I mean he is back in junior right? he was never considered for the Flames roster this season anyways.

Your so easily rattled by far the most fun I have on this site is making comments towards you and how you twist them around for you to understand them.... heck I even say things just to watch your responses too lmao

enjoy

RWAH
12-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Big Hat There is a draft break down on Alan Caldwell blog "Small thoughts at large"

Bighat
12-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Thx man.

Pats dude touché. I like catching you with your back tracking. I get far from rattled I've dealt with worse then you. Like I said klimchuck is the most nhl defined player in the league.

Bighat
12-04-2014, 06:45 PM
So I just checked out our draft picks for the next 3 years and I don't see much of a problem were good in 15 and 17. 16 we have our 1st pick then we go to the 4th round. We can recoup picks during next season by trading Williams, gay, hunt or wappel.

patsdude114
12-04-2014, 06:53 PM
hahahahaah back tracking ya that's funny even coming from you....

most defined NHL player in the league hey hmmmm I think Reinhart would have something to say about that I mean since he has actually played NHL games and at a younger age then Klimchuk too.

I get it your a huge Klimchuk fan and prob every other player who puts on a Pats jersey. Klimchuk does a lot of good things on the ice don't get me wrong but he also does a lot of things half as*ed too, hes got a lot of things to work on just like every other player in this league. He should make Team Canada but im thinking it wont be in his natural position as a LW it will most likely be as a RW since they only invited 2 RW to camp. If Horvat Duclair and Lazar get loaned to Team Canada that could mean Klimchuk is on the outside looking in, along with a few other quality players.

But either way soon Klimchuk will be traded and you can watch him on webcasts and come tell us all how amazing of a player he still is :bounce: :clap:

patsdude114
12-04-2014, 06:55 PM
So I just checked out our draft picks for the next 3 years and I don't see much of a problem were good in 15 and 17. 16 we have our 1st pick then we go to the 4th round. We can recoup picks during next season by trading Williams, gay, hunt or wappel.

why on earth would we trade those players next year when we are expected to be better next season then this season?

I really don't see much logic to many of your posts but this 1 is just flat out crazy... so you want to help a rebuild with missing picks next season with lesser players then this year with quality players to give up?

That makes a lot of sense I guess :groovy:

Bighat
12-04-2014, 08:06 PM
Reinhardt defence Reinhardt defence I don't think so. That's where klimchuck is superior. Complete game again you just look at the stats. Klimchucks role on team canada will either be on the top line with Reinhardt or he will be on the shut down line. We have to trade one of those 19 yrs next year. I didn't say trade them all.

chopper
12-05-2014, 09:44 AM
I doubt we will be trading Gay, Williams or Hunt. I suspect they will be some of the top 20 year olds in available in the League next season. One of our problems has been that every season we have needed to trade to upgrade out 20 year old situation i.e Leier last year for 2nd round in 16. The team has said they want to start ensuring they developed their own 20 year olds and not give up high picks to get them. If Klimchuk and Burroughs are moved this deadline they will still have four returning so yes one will be moved.

In the next two drafts we are missing a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th. That's far too many high picks to be missing over two drafts. Besides not getting those players, we also don't have the extra picks to make deals should we be a contender in a couple seasons. I totally believe Klimchuk and Burroughs will be moved for sure. In addition to recouped picks lets not forget we are likely to get a couple good roster players as well. There may also be a couple smaller deals done to improve our D especially if Burroughs is moved.

I think we a have at least one d-man that could be upgraded plus add some grit. They have the likes of Zimmer, Schoiler and Mumby evidently and could be trade bait. Also Berg needs to be put on the roster or traded IMO. We could still make a Brandon move!

Bighat
12-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Chopper I agree with what your saying in my mind but my heart would like to buy. Next years draft is fine it's the 2016 draft that's really depleted. I think if we trade klimchuck it hurts us less then if we trade Burroughs, he's been a rock on the backend. Oh well it's not our call so we will just have to live with the decisions from the powers to be. It would be nice to call berg up but who does he replace in the lineup. When klimchuck goes to camp we have a rotation spot open.

chopper
12-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Chopper I agree with what your saying in my mind but my heart would like to buy. Next years draft is fine it's the 2016 draft that's really depleted. I think if we trade klimchuck it hurts us less then if we trade Burroughs, he's been a rock on the backend. Oh well it's not our call so we will just have to live with the decisions from the powers to be. It would be nice to call berg up but who does he replace in the lineup. When klimchuck goes to camp we have a rotation spot open.

I completely understand what your saying and at a certain level I have those same feelings. We've tried the old Parker way so many times with no results. I think we have to give them a chance to do things differently.