PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Wesley

WesternHockeyScout
11-26-2014, 03:52 PM
Does anyone know the status of Johnny Wesley? Looked like he played alright in his only game for the Giants. I see on the WHL website he is "X'd" out on. http://whl.ca/stats/show/skaters/249/0/223

Has he left the team or been released? Or just an error on the WHL website?

dondo
11-26-2014, 08:20 PM
I believe he was just sent back to his Junor team. I did not hear if we have released him. He looked good in that game, so it would be silly to just release him. I think he's still a listed player.

Giantsfan
11-27-2014, 12:13 AM
Yeah they are just giving a few of the young guys a taste. Kole Bryks played tonight & Dylan Plouffe played last night.

Did anyone else hear if Clayton Kirichenko got injured? He never returned after taking a hard hit into the boards. Looked like a shoulder injury. It was never mentioned by the Lethbridge announcers.

dondo
11-27-2014, 02:20 AM
Difference being Plouffe is 15 and Bryks a big 17 yr old, but yeah seeing how some of prospects fit into the mix and the future.

re Kirichenko: Giants Broadcasters were saying he left the bench with an injury, not sure the extent.

Giantsfan
11-27-2014, 09:20 AM
On the broadcast Lethbridge had "hit of the game" on the screen & it showed a replay of Kirichenko getting hit hard into the boards. He immediately hunched over & went to the bench. Looked like a shoulder or arm injury.

Lucic
11-28-2014, 03:04 PM
Definitely looked like a shoulder injury to me the way he reacted after being hit. Depending on the severity he could be out a while. Hopefully not.