PDA

View Full Version : Blades In The 05 NHL Entry Draft

GBG BLEED BLUE
07-30-2005, 11:20 AM
Bob Mackenzie and the other TSN analysts have said that these four Blades drafted so far,have played on a not so good Saskatoon Blades team before last season. Yes it still maters wheather you play on a good team but when it comes to drating players, it matters what the PLAYER has done in his career prior to being drafted into the NHL and by an NHL team.

Devin Setoguchi:1st Round, 8th Overall San Jose Sharks

I was suprised that he went as high as he did,despite all of the different rankings.

Joe Barnes:3rd Round, 64th Overall Carolina Hurricanes

Carolina will be Pleased with Joe when he plays for them, Despite when Joe suffered a severe injury(fractured Vertibrae in His Neck) He did make a full recovery and he will obviously will get better over time.

Dalyn Flatt:3rd Round, 77th Overall New York Rangers.

Dalyn Flatt will Probably be a big agitaor Defensemen at 6"3 215 Ibs and still growing.

Wacey Rabbit:5th Round,154th Overall Boston bruins.

I think he will become a good player, Despite only being only 5"9 and 169Ibs. Many small players have had sucessfull careers in the NHL and are still doing so today. Wacey's speed will be a key element in his game that will make up for the size that he lacks.

Trav
07-31-2005, 12:31 AM
I must say to that I was surprised that Setoguchi was picked 8th overall. I expected to see his name anywhere between the 20th pick and 30th pick but that's okay :) San Jose obiviously think highly of him.

Barnes in the 3rd round was not a surprise. I do hope though that if the Blades don't trade Barnes that he'll be back for two years and not just one.

Flatt, seriously being picked in the 3rd round was a huge surprise. I thought he'd be like a 5th-6th rounder, no offense to him. Hopefully he can put up some points on the board and just be a big physical presence along with Haw at the back end.

As for Rabbit, I was hoping he'd be picked higher then he was and by a team other then Boston, haha. Hopefully he'll make it to the next level and like Barnes hopefully he'll be back for two years instead of one.