PDA

View Full Version : WEEK OF DEC 7-14, 2 GAMES AND KLIMCHUK OF TO WJ's

chopper
12-07-2014, 02:00 PM
We have a couple road games this week and it looks like we won't have Klimchuk available for either. I feel the Broncos's stole one from us last game, so I'd like to see us get it back. Maybe we will get a glimpse of life after Klimchuk as far as the team goes.

I'm betting the phones are lighting up here after Paddock said we would be unloading some 19 year olds. We all know who teams are wanting. There is often an "I didn't see that coming" trade moment too.

I've noted that Saskatoon has played the BC teams quite well. PA appears to be having a very strong road trip with two wins and a 1-0 loss to Kelowna so far. As well Brandon and Regina have had good trips out there. Could it be things are changing in the East Div?

It dawned on me that depending on the WJ's and potential trades, we may have witnessed the last of Klimchuk in a Pats jersey last Wednesday. The same could be said of some other players. The next month will be very interesting to say the least!

patsdude114
12-07-2014, 03:12 PM
Not that it matters but the last time we played SC we beat them 2-1 but the home and home set we had against them the week before we lost both 3-1 & 2-1

I did think of that Teddy Bear Toss night game as the last potential game we see Klimchuk in a Pats jersey although I didn't think of it til after the game lol

Im hoping Paddock trades Klimchuk before he leaves for the WJ camp I mean his last 2 years he has gotten hurt in training camps (last season it was in our own training camp and this year was in a preseason game with CGY essentially still part of training camp) if he gets hurt again it could be the end of us trying to cash in with him to get Steel the needed talent to push us into an elite type team in a 2 years.

Like Fight Guy has mentioned (pretty sure it was Fight Guy anyways) and I fully agree with him as well that he doesn't think there will be much missed without Klimchuk in the lineup, its not like he is the reason we have been winning these games as of late anyways. Also not every game has he been drawing the top defensive pairing as that's been Hunt Gay D'Amico... don't get me wrong Klimchuk does a lot of very good things on the ice but so do a lot of other players on this team too.

Early on it looks like Rykr Cole will be placed on the line with Steel & Christoffer, Cole filled in great with Brooks & Padakin but is there enough skill on that line now for Steel to work with? Or do we see Padakin move into Klimchuk's spot and put Cole with Wagner & Brooks.

Padakin has finally been finding the point sheet on a regular basis, I admit I was very hard on him early on I always knew he had skill but I was more so questioning his will to want to be on the Pats. Just seems like he is doing alittle more now and his skill set is showing off as he is producing again. I still wish they would use Padakin on the PP like how CGY did last year on the half wall, he produced a lot on the PP in CGY last year he pretty much ran the 2nd unit.

Im starting to question just how good the BC division really is, a lot of East Division teams are having a lot of success on a road trip that is suppose to be so tough. Maybe Kelowna is as good as they are cause of the weak division they play in, I mean don't get me wrong they are still a very good team but maybe not enough quality teams to truly test them... just alittle food for thought

Bighat
12-07-2014, 04:00 PM
I think if klimchuck is traded it will be after wjhc, cause paddock will want to see what the market dictates. The game against brandon at home klimchucks back checking was amazing so to say he's not contributing is absurd. I think Wagner will take klimchucks.

Fight Guy
12-07-2014, 04:58 PM
It's a gamble, but if Klimchuck makes the team and does well, his value will rise handsomely, and that would be nice.

patsdude114
12-07-2014, 05:13 PM
I think if klimchuck is traded it will be after wjhc, cause paddock will want to see what the market dictates. The game against brandon at home klimchucks back checking was amazing so to say he's not contributing is absurd. I think Wagner will take klimchucks.

where did one say he is not contributing? sure he isn't putting up the points one would expect he was going to but he is still a point/game player (even just barely) I even said he does a lot of good things on the ice which would also include back checking. You really do just read what you want to read and then turn things around as well lol

Anyways to comment on Fight Guy's comment there is that risk/reward that he if makes Team Canada and does well his value would increase if he is traded after the tournament, and then there is the risk he gets hurt long term which in a way could still benefit us if he was to return in time for playoffs but we would get more benefit out of trading him.

Interesting times ahead I for one cant wait to see who the first big name guy traded is in the league

chopper
12-07-2014, 05:54 PM
To get Sherback Everett gave Saskatoon Nik Amunrud(goalie), #1 in 15, #2 in 16. Klimchuk and Sherback bring different things to the table but the price was pegged. I believe Klimcuk will draw the same type of return. Maybe different composition but same value. If Paddock can be taken at his word, other 19's (plural) will be moved as well. The primary teams I see in the East are Kootenay and Calgary. In the West I see Seattle and Victoria. Historically those teams are willing to pull the trigger on big trades i.e. the Eakin deal.

Trading before, during, or after the WJ's can have varying degrees of risks and rewards. Trades are done during the tourney however the can't be announced until after it's over. Injury is always a factor but so is poor play, great play, or not making the team. I doubt Klimchuk's value will vary too much. The biggest advantage is to having a great tourney if you make the team. Sometimes the closer to deadline creates a bit of a bidding war. You might be able to squeeze out that one extra asset.

booboo
12-07-2014, 06:39 PM
I think you're dreaming if you think Klimchuck gets you the same return as Sherback. I don't think he has the high end impact that Scherback has, hence not worth as much. But there may be a team out there that is willing to part with that type of package to get him.It's really hard to get a handle on who the buyers and sellers will be this year. There are a number of teams including the Pats that are just a little below the top ranked teams.Will theses teams acquire a guy like Morrissey or Klimchuck to help them over that hump? It's tough to say. The tough part about what moves to make is that the trade deadline is at the halfway point of the season so a team needs to decide quite early whether to take a run for it or not.

chopper
12-07-2014, 07:44 PM
I think you're dreaming if you think Klimchuck gets you the same return as Sherback. I don't think he has the high end impact that Scherback has, hence not worth as much. But there may be a team out there that is willing to part with that type of package to get him.It's really hard to get a handle on who the buyers and sellers will be this year. There are a number of teams including the Pats that are just a little below the top ranked teams.Will theses teams acquire a guy like Morrissey or Klimchuck to help them over that hump? It's tough to say. The tough part about what moves to make is that the trade deadline is at the halfway point of the season so a team needs to decide quite early whether to take a run for it or not.

Frankly I don't really care what you think!

patsdude114
12-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Frankly I don't really care what you think!

wooohoo go chopper!!! :bounce: :groovy: but I agree with chopper on this one

Bighat
12-07-2014, 08:08 PM
I agree with chopper, let's see who will have a longer nhl career my money is on the complete player (klimchuck).

booboo
12-07-2014, 08:51 PM
I'll take that bet. Klimchuck is too soft and will get killed in the NHL if in fact he makes it. He has not really impressed me when I saw him this year---- last year yes, but not this year. Opinions are like A-- holes everyone has one.:groovy:

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-07-2014, 09:08 PM
but opinions are also like assholes in the sense that some just stink more than others, and that pretty much nobody wants to hear from or see them.

Id say Klimchuk wont net as much simply due to the fact that its a half season trade vs a full season trade. As far as players, Id say theyre about equal value. Klimchuk is still scoring but not at the clip he was last year, when he had even better numbers than Scherbak. Put on a contender and he will produce similar numbers.

In the end the value is determined by the market...so if a lot of people want him, the value will go up. But I would be happy with a 1st, a decent prospect and a young roster player who will be in his prime once Steel's group is at their best.

booboo
12-07-2014, 09:17 PM
but opinions are also like assholes in the sense that some just stink more than others, and that pretty much nobody wants to hear from or see them.

Id say Klimchuk wont net as much simply due to the fact that its a half season trade vs a full season trade. As far as players, Id say theyre about equal value. Klimchuk is still scoring but not at the clip he was last year, when he had even better numbers than Scherbak. Put on a contender and he will produce similar numbers.

In the end the value is determined by the market...so if a lot of people want him, the value will go up. But I would be happy with a 1st, a decent prospect and a young roster player who will be in his prime once Steel's group is at their best.

You are probably right about some opinions smelling more than others, but everyone is entitled to them. Your comments about Klimchuck vs Scherback are very true and it may in fact be a saw off. I'm still a little sceptical about how good a pro Klimchuck will be.

RWAH
12-07-2014, 09:41 PM
Trades are made in a vacuum as to how good a pro the player will be. Teams at the dead line are buying for Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr and May and what the incoming player adds to the team for those 4.5 or 5 months. They may have a conditional if the player plays as a 20 but that is not the focus of the trade. So it is immaterial if Klimchuk plays one month or 20 years in the NHL the trade will be what he can bring to the new team for 5 months in 2015. The price will be dependant on that (5 month window) and demand for him (number of buyers) and which other players are on the market. As said by another poster supply and demand.

chopper
12-07-2014, 09:57 PM

I think you get what I was saying completely. I said in an earlier post that the value has been pegged and it's about equal. I also said the composition of the trade may differ somewhat. The value would be similar. Your right about it being for a 1/2 season use.

On a recent CHL game I watched, Sam Cosentino said the cost of adding high end players in CHL trades was going to be very high this year. Not a great number available and some teams are nearing the end of their cycle and need to do something to win.

A number of years ago Kootenay gave up about 5 or 6 players in the Cody Eakin deal at the deadline. Nobody knows for sure what a team might be prepared to do in order to take their shot.

I find it amusing when someone tells me I must be dreaming for what I think. Then they go on to spout off their opinion as if it's gospel. Oh well as they say "you can't fix stupid"

I need to quote a phrase from a good friend of mine, The Most Interesting Man In the World! when he says" I don't often dream….but when I do, I dream in colour and it's always erotic". Yup and it's not about hockey trades.:)

patsdude114
12-08-2014, 02:27 PM
Klimchuk is a guy who needs an elite playmaker with him to get him the puck to score. Let's not kid ourselves here Klimchuk can score with the leagues bests he just needs the puck in the prime scoring chances. He proved it last year when he played with Stephenson but I guess a certain BRN fan had forgot about that.

Steel is good but at 16yrs old he is still that half a second behind to get Klimchuk the puck when he really needs it. You out Klimchuk with a guy like Reinhart or one of the top centers in CGY and he scores more then he has already this year. If this was BRN year you bet your arse KM would be contacting Paddock for Klimchuk's services but since BRN will be even stronger next season so I can't see them wanting to pay the price for Klimchuk this year.

It's going to be interesting to see what all happens both with our Regina Pats and other players around the league. Usually the first trade I cocking a star sets the tone and things start rattling off faster.

chopper
12-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Paddock is pretty high on Klimchuk and feels he is quite ready to take the next step. Considering he's coached and managed in the NHL, I think I will defer to John's assessment. I'll leave that topic right there.

The three top players who could be available are Klimchuk, Reinhart and Morrisey. Based on reading various blogs and knowing their history, I'm thinking that Kootenay won't be sellers but in fact they may be buyers. I believe Reinhart stays put.

PA is playing better now so Morrisey is a big question mark. I guess it will all depend on what management in PA thinks. This is about the end of their cycle and results have been sketchy. They may try to add some pieces and have a good run.

Calgary is starting to make some noise. 7-3 in L10. Kanzig has helped their D and it would be a logical place for #18 to end up. They have a lot of covetable assets. i.e. Malenstyn, Draude. Kootenay also have some interesting pieces like Murray, Legien. Zorobvsky.

Once the first domino drops it could come fast and furious.

RWAH
12-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Just a thought> Wapple has moved from 25th place (GGA) in October to 5th or 6th at Christmas. Are there any teams to come calling for him? If so would he be on the block. IMO he is the main reason we are doing as well as we are. Its logical that the top teams should be set for tenders but he would add a lot of depth, for a run to the finals.

patsdude114
12-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Wapple has been very good no question about it but the team hasn't changed how they play when Brown plays either and have still had success. Lets face it goalies are suppose to stop the puck and are suppose to make key saves at key points in the game and that's what both our goalies have done for us.

IMO the biggest reason we are where we are right now is cause of Burroughs and Williams they have been great all season long. Both have been hurt this year and the other has stepped up to fill the void. Williams has been practising with the team but wearing a no contact jersey (yellow)

Bighat
12-08-2014, 06:25 PM
We need wappel for next year to tutor hollett, he's going nowhere. Burroughs and Williams play 20 min a game with each other so the other 40 mins the other pairs of defence are doing nothing. We are where we are in the standings do to rolling 4 lines and paddocks coaching style and confidence in every single player. I don't see kootney as buyers I don't think they have the depth to contend and they need talent for next year they are going to loose 85% of their scoring. I see Portland selling and pétan should be available.

patsdude114
12-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Not that it matters but Burroughs is a lot closer to 30mins a night then to 20mins.... Hes the 1st Dman out there on all PK and for the most part on the PP as well plus his D pairing is really the only pairing the coaches use in a true matchup as they are always out there to face the other teams top line.

I agree I don't believe Wapple is going anywhere as I do think he will be 1 of our 20yr olds next season to groom Hollett. I do think we will be carrying 4 20yr olds until the 20yr old deadline next season and that will be the telling story if Wapple is kept which will determine a lot on how Hollett is performing as well as Brown. Im definitely not ruling out a Brown/Hollett tandem next season, where later in the year Hollett does exactly what McBride did in PA in stealing the #1 job as a 16yr old.

As I have said before if both Klimchuk and Burroughs are traded the player we will miss more is going to be Burroughs.

RWAH
12-08-2014, 07:55 PM
I agree Bouroughs will be missed the most but the question is do you think any other team will be wanting to add Wappel to there team? Which team would that be? Do you think the Pats would trade Wappel?

Bighat
12-08-2014, 08:00 PM
You know I can't believe that Burroughs never got an invite to the chl-Russian challenge. Next game I'm going to track his ice time cause I'm just curious now.

patsdude114
12-08-2014, 08:03 PM
I personally do not think Wapple will be moved this year but if by chance we do trade him I don't think it will be just for a pick or prospect I think it would involve an 18yr old goalie coming back and a later round pick (5th to 7th) which imo doesn't help us much so to me makes more sense to keep him all year and reevaluate our goaltending situation during the offseason.

chopper
12-10-2014, 10:54 AM
It's difficult to believe that if Burroughs is moved they would move Wapple as well. As pointed out Hollett needs a mentor next season. If Brown shows well the rest of the season he could be quality trade bait. In Jr hockey I guess you can never say never on trades.

After reading the LP article it seems to imply that Paddock hasn't deviated from the position he has previously stated. However he did say he needed to fill holes but that he also wanted to keep the here and now going. That suggests some roster players and picks.

It would be foolish to think you could remove two players the calibre of Klimchuk/Burroughs, and not feel the impact. I think the Pats hope with two quality roster players in return the impact could be lessened somewhat. Now it's just a matter of getting the right fit.

There are at least four obvious teams that will be players, but perhaps there are a couple dark horse teams that could emerge. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats make a couple of surprise deals as well. Strange things often happen around trade deadline.

sbtatter
12-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Out of interest Burroughs has eTOI of 18.65, Williams at 18.28 and Gay next at 15.08

From this site http://chlstats.pythonanywhere.com/players/WHL/2014/

Bighat
12-10-2014, 01:16 PM
Thx for the stats.

crashnbang
12-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Not that it matters but the last time we played SC we beat them 2-1 but the home and home set we had against them the week before we lost both 3-1 & 2-1

I did think of that Teddy Bear Toss night game as the last potential game we see Klimchuk in a Pats jersey although I didn't think of it til after the game lol

Im hoping Paddock trades Klimchuk before he leaves for the WJ camp I mean his last 2 years he has gotten hurt in training camps (last season it was in our own training camp and this year was in a preseason game with CGY essentially still part of training camp) if he gets hurt again it could be the end of us trying to cash in with him to get Steel the needed talent to push us into an elite type team in a 2 years.

Like Fight Guy has mentioned (pretty sure it was Fight Guy anyways) and I fully agree with him as well that he doesn't think there will be much missed without Klimchuk in the lineup, its not like he is the reason we have been winning these games as of late anyways. Also not every game has he been drawing the top defensive pairing as that's been Hunt Gay D'Amico... don't get me wrong Klimchuk does a lot of very good things on the ice but so do a lot of other players on this team too.

Early on it looks like Rykr Cole will be placed on the line with Steel & Christoffer, Cole filled in great with Brooks & Padakin but is there enough skill on that line now for Steel to work with? Or do we see Padakin move into Klimchuk's spot and put Cole with Wagner & Brooks.

Padakin has finally been finding the point sheet on a regular basis, I admit I was very hard on him early on I always knew he had skill but I was more so questioning his will to want to be on the Pats. Just seems like he is doing alittle more now and his skill set is showing off as he is producing again. I still wish they would use Padakin on the PP like how CGY did last year on the half wall, he produced a lot on the PP in CGY last year he pretty much ran the 2nd unit.

Im starting to question just how good the BC division really is, a lot of East Division teams are having a lot of success on a road trip that is suppose to be so tough. Maybe Kelowna is as good as they are cause of the weak division they play in, I mean don't get me wrong they are still a very good team but maybe not enough quality teams to truly test them... just alittle food for thought

I wouldn't mind seeing a Klimchuk deal soon but only for a very high end 16 or 17 year old, let's not forget Klimchuk's value grooming kids like Steel, Cole, McAmmond, Wagner etc so if Klimchuk remains a Pat until World JR tourney or later then I'm fine with that but we should capitalize on his value sometime early in 2015. Burroughs would be a bigger hole to fill right now IMO. As for who will move up while Klimchuk is gone, Cole fits in well on any line and we haven't had a chance to see his offensive abilities other than one game with Brooks and Padakin so I'd like to see him with Steel and Christoffer but I think he'd be a good fit with Wagner and Brooks too. I wish Wagner would finish some checks, he's effective but could be so much more effective. Kroeker could get some opportunity as well but I feel he has had quite a bit of time with top players when in the lineup.

RWAH
12-10-2014, 10:01 PM
I am not up on anvanced stats or what the stats (heading)mean
(TmPt%) (TmGI%) (ESGF%) (rel ESGF%) (e TOI) (eP/60)
If a poster would explain I sure would appreciate.

patsdude114
12-10-2014, 10:22 PM
(TmPt%) Team Points percentage

(TmGI%) Team Goals Percentage

(ESGF%) Even Strength Goals For %

(rel ESGF%) Relative Goals For %

(e TOI) Estimate Time On Ice

(eP/60) Estimated Points per 60

If you highlight each Stat at the top of the page with your mouse cursor it appears what the stat is for

patsdude114
12-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Out of interest Burroughs has eTOI of 18.65, Williams at 18.28 and Gay next at 15.08

From this site http://chlstats.pythonanywhere.com/players/WHL/2014/

I know that its an estimated Time on Ice but im not so sure even how accurate that estimated time is I mean come on Klimchuk's estimated Time on Ice is 12mins.... he is definitely up in the 20-25min range with all the PK and PP time plus his regular shift.

As for the actual game tonight now I thought we really got away from our game tonight once we took the 2-0 lead into the 2nd period. It was like the team thought this game was in the bag and gave up 5 unanswered (4 in the 2nd and another 58secs into 3rd). I think this type of game is just a realization that this team is still just another avg team (ok maybe slightly better then avg but not by much). Our PP has hurt us all year I don't understand how we can struggle so badly entering the zone on the PP, maybe its time for alittle more setup behind the net on the PP and come out with more speed all together..... 5on5 we have no issues at all breaking out and entering the zone its just the PP which is well IMO very backwards, this has been a trend for awhile now and we still have no net presence on the PP even the Broncos radio guys mentioned this as a problem.

chopper
12-10-2014, 10:45 PM
Well tonight we weren't very good in Swift. They were full marks for the win. With that said the Pats had a chance to tie it up and steal at least a point. The 2nd period tonight reminded me of the Victoria game. That was about as ugly a period as it gets.

All in all the score may have flattered us. One gets the feeling they were reading their press clippings and heads started to get fatter than needed. We are not that good yet. We must have committed 20 defensive turnover in the period.

Once again Gay, D'Amico, Hunt weren't very good. That line needs to be better game in and out. An older line that needs to bring better to the table. They have been very spotty since coming back from the BC trip. I'm sure this gives Paddock more food for thought.

We still try to play too much on the perimeter, and moreso on the PP. Put big Luc Smith in front of the goalie and get pucks through. We're trying to make the perfect cute play each time were on the PP. Shoot and go for rebounds should be the order of the day. Too much use of the drop pass and that needs to be curtailed.

patsdude114
12-11-2014, 12:05 AM
http://www.raiderhockey.com/article/raiders-trade-morrissey

PA TRADES
Josh Morrissey 1995
Cage Quinney 1995

KELOWNA TRADES
Jesse Lees 1995
Austin Glover 1996
2nd round pick 2016
3rd round pick 2017

I really thought he would of gotten a bigger price tag especially with all the AHL playoff experience he took in last year. But then again KEL never gives up anything big or of importance in trades.

If these are the price tags for Klimchuk & Burroughs midas well keep them....maybe....

Trevor
12-11-2014, 12:15 AM
Congrats to the Pats for making honorable mention in the CHL top 10 this week!

patsdude114
12-13-2014, 10:10 PM
Well that was a very ugly game tonight, we played down to Saskatoon's level all game long. I thought Hansen was our best Dman tonight, he played physical and made a lot of good 1st passes. I thought all the call up guys looked good tonight, Elmer played well made some nice plays and wasn't afraid to control the puck.

Really overall not a lot of good things to say about this game...... I guess on a personal stat level Steel extended his point scoring streak to 7games and has 5g7a during that time

chopper
12-14-2014, 09:37 AM
I would have to agree that the game was about as ugly as they come. For the second straight game the Pats have given up 2 goal leads. We need to be better in Brandon on Tuesday or we'll get our butts kicked.

Elmer played with confidence and I though Mortlock looked very strong. I didn't see Krushen playing too many shifts. It's very telling that with injuries to our defence, Reagan sits while we play two rookies. I have to believe he's gone by the deadline.

I think they may want to spend a practice or two working on the PP.

nivek_wahs
12-15-2014, 02:56 PM
Pats have re-assigned Krushen and Elmer.

chopper
12-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Pats have re-assigned Krushen and Elmer.

Not entirely unexpected with Klimchuk being returned. Maybe I would have though they might stay an extra game or two. Two great young prospects for next season.

Kevin, do you have any take on potential moves?

nivek_wahs
12-15-2014, 03:43 PM
Not entirely unexpected with Klimchuk being returned. Maybe I would have though they might stay an extra game or two. Two great young prospects for next season.

Kevin, do you have any take on potential moves?I'm so used to having the Pats trade youth and/or picks for older players that never seem to (or rarely) pan out here.

I hope that Paddock sticks to his plan and does what he says as the Pats need to worry about the future as much as the present. I think that Klimchuk will garner quite a bit of attention.... but a suitable trading partner needs to be found to make sense. Looking at the standings in the East at the moment there is only a 10 point gap between 3rd and 10th in the conference. The West is much the same only 12 points between 2nd and last. Who's willing to take that shot?

chopper
12-15-2014, 04:16 PM
I'm so used to having the Pats trade youth and/or picks for older players that never seem to (or rarely) pan out here.

I hope that Paddock sticks to his plan and does what he says as the Pats need to worry about the future as much as the present. I think that Klimchuk will garner quite a bit of attention.... but a suitable trading partner needs to be found to make sense. Looking at the standings in the East at the moment there is only a 10 point gap between 3rd and 10th in the conference. The West is much the same only 12 points between 2nd and last. Who's willing to take that shot?

I think a lot of us out here share your valued opinion. I was in the rink the last time the Pats were in the WHL final and OMG does that seem like a lifetime ago. I guess it was! Nobody thought we wouldn't be back soon. Something went horribly wrong. Ownership!

PA took the right approach. They are close but still not good enough. The Morrisey trade will help PA for years to come. Paddock needs to take that as a lesson. It would be a monumental gaffe not to move the likes of Klimchuk, Burroughs and perhaps more.

I am thinking there are potential deals that they are looking at. At this point there is nothing that can be done until the 26th so I understand. The Pats can mull over offers and see who might be ready to sweeten the pot, perhaps right up to deadline.

There are a lot of teams bunched up in both conferences but that speaks more to the degree of mediocrity as opposed to excellence. Everybody else finds trading partners so I find it difficult to believe the Pats won't be able to. Paddock needs to follow through.

sbtatter
12-15-2014, 04:26 PM
Can we play a "what if" game?
What iff the WK's came knocking for Burroughs. What realisticallly would Regina fans want for him in players and/or picks? Lets not be stupid like me saying Bdn will give Lycar and Thompson, or you guys saying Kaspick or Patrick, but what do you really think is a fair trade for a 1/2 season top end shutdown d-man? We have the Morrissey and Nogier trades to help give relative values I guess

chopper
12-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Can we play a "what if" game?
What iff the WK's came knocking for Burroughs. What realisticallly would Regina fans want for him in players and/or picks? Lets not be stupid like me saying Bdn will give Lycar and Thompson, or you guys saying Kaspick or Patrick, but what do you really think is a fair trade for a 1/2 season top end shutdown d-man? We have the Morrissey and Nogier trades to help give relative values I guess

It's tough to say what the offers are for Burroughs to date. It's certain that there are some on the table, but the exact details obviously nobody knows. Morrisey has a slightly better offensive upside, but Burroughs is better defensively.

I would expect that any deal for Burroughs would have to mirror to a large extent, the deal for Morrisey. Perhaps slightly less due to name recognition. Probably a 17 or 18 year old player they want and a couple draft picks. A 2015 and 16 pick for sure.

The Nogier deal is somewhat different because he's 18 and RD is hosting the Mem Cup next year. That's why they paid so much to get him including a 1st rounder.

patsdude114
12-15-2014, 05:10 PM
I don't think a Kapsick type deal would be asking too much especially with the chance of Burroughs returning as a 20yr old. Heck you could possibly see NYI returning him if they knew what kind of shot he would have at a league title and memorial cup visit. But I agree there is no need to get stupid and say Patrick cause that will not happen as it wouldn't better BRN much at all.

If not Kapsick then Lewis and 2nd.... anything less then a 2nd just doesn't make much sense as BRN will be in the elite 2 next year so its basically a early 3rd rd pick.

I can see Paddock and KM pulling a trade together in the near future, they go far back with their friendship. Could even see Paddock and Sutter making a deal for next season, we have too many '95s for next season so maybe a Hunt or Gay if the return price is right if its not no need to give them away as they will better us next season anyways.

Bighat
12-15-2014, 07:22 PM
I would say clague and a 4th which goes to a 2 if Burroughs returns as a 20.

sbtatter
12-15-2014, 07:59 PM

I don't think KM would give up the best 16 year old d man in the dub for four months of Burroughs!

patsdude114
12-15-2014, 08:30 PM

I don't think KM would even give up Clague if it meant Sam Reinhart was coming to town. Clague is already QB'ing their PP before he got hurt and the WKs miss his big shot from the point.

chopper
12-15-2014, 09:15 PM
I have no idea whether or not Paddock will move Burroughs, but he most definitely should. Top 2 D-men are hard to come by and expensive. Make no mistake to get someone of his calibre the price will be steep. IMO he will be moved somewhere west.

This isn't supposed to be the year Brandon takes a run at it all, so I doubt that KM will pay the price for a player of Burroughs calibre. That's unless he is going to go for it this season because of the teams good play. I think it will take a good player and two picks.

Regina and Brandon haven't made too many meaningful trades for a number of years. I'm sure our old manager had something to do with that. While they haven't been trading partners, that could change. KM I think would find it different from dealing with Robson:)

patsdude114
12-15-2014, 09:30 PM
Speaking of Robson im surprised he hasn't found a job with the WKs in some sort of way... even as a guy who fetches KM coffee all day... I mean come on he basically paved the way for KM to have this type of team by trading any player that had any value to BRN for next to nothing.

Burroughs would be on pretty much any teams #1 D pairing and not suer how many teams want to give up the price it would take to get a player like that. I hope Paddock plays his cards right with Burroughs (& even Klimchuk) and makes sure there is some compensation coming back our way in case either player is returned as a 20yr old.... I mean you just never know right

booboo
12-15-2014, 09:58 PM
Speaking of Robson im surprised he hasn't found a job with the WKs in some sort of way... even as a guy who fetches KM coffee all day... I mean come on he basically paved the way for KM to have this type of team by trading any player that had any value to BRN for next to nothing.

Burroughs would be on pretty much any teams #1 D pairing and not suer how many teams want to give up the price it would take to get a player like that. I hope Paddock plays his cards right with Burroughs (& even Klimchuk) and makes sure there is some compensation coming back our way in case either player is returned as a 20yr old.... I mean you just never know right

You're having a wet dream if you think Burroughs would fetch a prospect/ player and two picks. Think again. You got this guy over-rated. I was right about Kilimchuck not making Team Canada and I'm right about what Burroughs will fetch in a trade.(will be a good return only if he returns as an OA):groovy:

chopper
12-15-2014, 10:22 PM
You're having a wet dream if you think Burroughs would fetch a prospect/ player and two picks. Think again. You got this guy over-rated. I was right about Kilimchuck not making Team Canada and I'm right about what Burroughs will fetch in a trade.(will be a good return only if he returns as an OA):groovy:

Frankly once again nobody really gives a rats ass what you think! Why does a freaking individual like you come on our site and post? Isn't there enough activity on the Brandon site? We really don't want to hear anything you have to say.

Don't disrespect a kid who tried out for Team Canada. Only the top players in Canada got an invite. How may invitees did your team have again? I forgot. Keep your ignorant opinions to yourself. Your not welcome here!

patsdude114
12-15-2014, 10:59 PM
Maybe it is a pipe dream or a wet dream or whatever the hell ou want to call it.... Maybe he does go for a prospect and a pick (I only said one pick not 2) maybe he doesn't go for that only one way to find out though and that's wait and see what happens. His stats don't lie this year he is a legit top 5 Dman in the league this year, sure he doesn't have the 1st round draft positioning like a couple Dmen out there but yet he has better numbers then them too.

Who knows maybe he doesn't even get traded then neither one of us knows what his true value is/was.....

booboo
12-16-2014, 06:52 AM
Take a pill chopper, you're gonna faint. I sure hit a nerve with you didn't I? I love to see guys like you come on here and attack other people who simply voice their opinions. You'll get a heart attack getting that excited. Slow down and take deep breaths. I don't think you own this site as far as I know.:D No where in my posts did I disrespect Klimchuck---- if you could freaking read you'd see I said he would not make Team Canada because he is not the type of player they need and that's it.

nivek_wahs
12-16-2014, 12:37 PM
Pats have recalled Tyler Fuhr.

RWAH
12-16-2014, 10:40 PM
Has a team come calling for Wapple or does Brown have the MUMPS (flu). interesting any one hear any rumors why?

nivek_wahs
12-16-2014, 10:59 PM
Has a team come calling for Wapple or does Brown have the MUMPS (flu). interesting any one hear any rumors why?Brown is sick. Fuhr is playing in Estevan and is a lot closer to bring in than Hollett, or would you rather have a Junior B goalie backing up like last season?

Since when is EVERYTHING a rumour? Holy crap.

RWAH
12-17-2014, 01:35 PM
Because the Pats do not put the info up on their site so how can we know it is not a rumor. Sorry I will use a different term next time.

patsdude114
12-17-2014, 01:46 PM
To be fair we are already under the roster freeze so no active roster players can be traded so one would just assume that a call up is due to a player bein sick or some type of team discipline.

nivek_wahs
12-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Because the Pats do not put the info up on their site so how can we know it is not a rumor. Sorry I will use a different term next time.We should thankful that they let us know when someone is recalled and/or reassigned. Just a short few seasons ago people would show up to the rink and find out that there was a move and still have no clue as to where the player came from (example: Bryden Serafini).