PDA

View Full Version : Klimchuk

Bighat
12-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Looks like Morgan had two good games this weekend, he scored a couple of goals first round of cuts tonite.

Big trade between toon and red deer, looks like the bar is set red deer paid a hefty price for nogier. There starting the load up for next years mem cup.

witness
12-14-2014, 04:47 PM
Klimchuk was cut today. too bad. I thought he was a player Canada could really use. A guy that plays a 200' game and will sacrifice his own points for team success

Bighat
12-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Wow that's a shocker.

patsdude114
12-14-2014, 06:18 PM
I for one am shocked that he was cut, I really thought with his ability to play both LW & RW that was going to work in his favour and which was stated above he is a 200ft player with offensive ability. But with that said before it has been said by other teams fans and a few of us Pats fans that he is a very soft player especially along the wall, he rarely finishes a check as well just wants to use his stick which he is good at.

Fight Guy
12-14-2014, 07:17 PM
Im surprised... not shocked. I was the only one for the longest time who had voted 'Maybe' on Phil's blog. I knew he wouldn't be a lock. I never thought he would be cut so quickly, but it happened. Now this might change the way the trade deadline is approached. I think Klimchuck will still bring in a good haul, but the WJHC on his resume would have brought it up.

Oh well. More Morgan till, what we hope is, deadline day.

Edit: The concern I have is how is he going to respond to this?? Will he play as good as possible to show Team Canada they made a bad decision, or even to help get him traded to a legit contender?? Or will he be even more of a mope than I thought he was near the beginning of the season??

booboo
12-14-2014, 10:12 PM
It's too bad he did not make Team Canada, but I'm not surprised as his game is not physical enough for this type of competition. Do you suppose the Pats will still try to deal him before the deadline or keep him and make arun for the playoffs?

chopper
12-15-2014, 11:43 AM
This sort of thing happened before and will again. Several years back there was another soft guy who people didn't think would make the club. This kid called Eberle made the team because Hunt was the assistant coach. He did pretty well.

Bigras from the OHL was cut and he was on the team last season. These things are always so subjective. There has been much controversy in the past. If the team wins gold then they made all the right choices. If they don't well then…

I won't be surprised if he is traded but I am surprised he hasn't been traded. I suspect Paddock was advised yesterday and had until midnight last night to deal, or wait until the 26th. It looks like he has chosen to wait.

From a fans perspective I think we would like to see a deal done so we could get a glimpse of this team two years down the line. The biggest return on these deals usually happens at the 11th hour. It would appear that's what Paddock is going to do.

Bighat
12-15-2014, 07:24 PM
I think the brass are deciding which way to go.

Shooter
12-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Looks like Klimmer was ucked over. Most WJ teams are made before players arrive and they were likely scared he was going to out perform some guys if kept too long and give opportunity. Funny how it works!

Realistically the teams picked the last few years have had trouble so TBA.

Chopper great point on Eberle.....yes the game has changed and a mix is needed to compete at this level.

patsdude114
12-16-2014, 05:42 PM
Not sure how he was screwed over, Canada has a lot of very good players who don't even get an invite to camp let alone face cuts from the camp itself.

But I guess the bigger I have is for a certain someone who thought Klimchuk was NHL ready for Flames this year but yet was sent back to junior and was cut from Team Canada now... Are you still sure he was NHL ready this season?

Anyways he is back for at least 2 more games as a member of the Regina Pats, not sure what will happen once the roster freeze is lifted on Boxing Day (I believe it's Boxing Day anyways) hopefully we can get 2 wins in 2 nights here with Klimchuk and go into the holidays riding a 3 game winning streak.

Bighat
12-16-2014, 07:58 PM
Yes I do believe he is nhl ready, just because he doesn't fit one coaches system doesn't mean he wouldn't another. What about all the guys that don't get invited then the next year there in the show. I'm sure he could have played on team canada and excelled they just wanted a different team. If paddock thinks he could play in the show then I guess I'm not to stunned. Oh well pats dude you have your opinion and I don't agree with you 87% of the time.