01-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Shooter are you sure !!

sbtatter
01-04-2015, 09:53 PM
Wapple off to MH prospects in return TBA shortly. :mad:

I thought MH liked their goalie?

Bighat
01-04-2015, 09:53 PM
Mail in the season if this happens. I would not be a happy season ticket holder if this happens. May as we'll trade Burroughs and the rest of the 19 yr olds.

chopper
01-04-2015, 10:02 PM
Geez I just don't see the logic in that if this rumour has any traction…this year or next.

Shooter
01-04-2015, 10:03 PM
It was rumor but no confirmation yet. I know a deal is done with MH. I sure hope it is rescinded or packaged up different.

I will source ASAP.

Fight Guy
01-04-2015, 10:07 PM
Kelly Friesen saying Hobbs and picks to Regina for Burroughs/Hunt....

chopper
01-04-2015, 10:16 PM
Kelly Friesen saying Hobbs and picks to Regina for Burroughs/Hunt....

That makes a bit more sense but Paddock gave the impression he wasn't too interested in picks. I'm thinking they had better be something special if they're current list players. Otherwise about three quality bantam picks need to come this way. Hunt near the top 10 in scoring and could well be the leagues top scorer next year. ????:confused:

Shooter
01-04-2015, 10:18 PM
Ok fellas not Wapple yet and it better not be him.

Hunt- Traded MH
Our Captain- Traded MH

In return 1997 Hobbs and 2 draft picks not sure if 2015 and rounds yet.

The funny thing is Wapple was traded from MH to Regina.

We have 4 season tickets and if Wapple is dealt I want our money back!
I can respect trades but not in the pipes. I think Wapple can still get better yet and steal us games!

D cherry
01-04-2015, 11:01 PM
Where is the Patsdude what does he think of all this poppycock going on here .

Fight Guy
01-04-2015, 11:03 PM
Where is the Patsdude what does he think of all this poppycock going on here .

His brain is still melting.

patsdude114
01-04-2015, 11:37 PM
I'm melting away yes these picks that are coming our way in this trade one better be a 1st in 2015 cause that pick is going to be no less then 4th last in the round.... So roughly 19th range.

Maybe this trade gets us to finally call up Adam Berg I for one would rather see Berg with us then Zimmer coming back.

nivek_wahs
01-04-2015, 11:38 PM
If/when this trade does happen... the Pats will only have 11 healthy forwards as McAmmond is out with an injury. Even when he gets healthy that leaves 12 forwards. More moves of some sort will need to happen.

Let's continue speculating.

D cherry
01-04-2015, 11:44 PM
I don't think MH would trade with us . There pretty good all ready . If any team that would be trading it's Red Deer goalie needed there . I hope we don't trade away Wapple . This would not be a good thing for the Pats

patsdude114
01-04-2015, 11:51 PM
I don't think MH would trade with us . There pretty good all ready . If any team that would be trading it's Red Deer goalie needed .

Friesen called the Klimchuk trade the night before it actually happened he is a guy I trust in his reports now, even only following him for a short time that I have been. Dean Millard called Klimchuk going to MH and about 1hr later Friesen tweeted that Klimchuk is NOT going to MH that he is off to BRN, then alittle time later said what the return was....

As for Red Deer needing a goalie I don't think they are in desperate need of a goalie like your making it out to be, Toth has played well this year he has won 18 or 19 games this year already and he is only 18yr olds. Im going out on a limb and suggesting that Sutter will give him a chance to be the starter next season and evaluate him then. Right now Wapple's price tag would be very high, next season im sure Sutter could get him much cheaper as a 20yr old especially if we have 4+ 20yr olds in camp.

sbtatter
01-04-2015, 11:52 PM
Geez I can't imagine the Pats would give away Burroughs and Hunt for an unknown Hobbs unless there are some 1st round picks involved. Even at that, paddock was saying they wanted players, not picks, to help build a team around Steel?

patsdude114
01-04-2015, 11:57 PM
Ya that's why it doesn't make a lot of sense to me at this moment. Im hoping that a young player is coming back as well instead of a pick, a guy like Mason Shaw (even if he is injuried for the rest of the year) is better then just picks

chopper
01-05-2015, 12:14 AM
The more I look at this, the less I like it. Hunt is a list guy we got who is about to break into the top 10 of WHL scoring. He is a consistent producer who has the potential to lead the WHL in scoring next season as a 20 year old. He and Gay are great together.

D'Amico will be gone next year and without Hunt I think Gay will be lost. They have the tools to be a top line in the WHL next year. They are this year. Without a good forward coming back makes this a real iffy deal, if it's true.

Perhaps they are trying to get back back the 2nd round pick they gave MH for for Leier? Even with that to give up both Hunt and Burroughs, If I'm Paddock I still want 2 more big assets.

How will we replace Hunt's 47 pts? Our captain Burroughs leadership, skill, and great +/-? Hobbs has the potential to be a huge stud d-man BUT he is still just a rookie prospect. We won't get back anything close to what Hunt is delivering.

Like I said the more I think on it, the less I like it. I think I need to go get some Tums…i'm feeling a bit nauseous.

patsdude114
01-05-2015, 01:03 AM
http://blogs.leaderpost.com/2015/01/04/hobbs-to-regina/

There has been a great deal of speculation over the past few days about the destination of highly touted defenceman Connor Hobbs, who is at home in Saskatoon awaiting a trade from the Medicine Hat Tigers. He’s expected to be moved very soon and it sounds like Regina is the destination. Kelly Friesen of Yahoo! Sports reported on twitter Sunday night, per a source, that Medicine Hat has traded Hobbs and draft picks to the Pats for Dryden Hunt and Kyle Burroughs. This is not a confirmed deal. However, I was told early Sunday evening by a WHL source – while the Pats were playing host to the Calgary Hitmen – that Regina was sending Burroughs and Hunt to Medicine Hat for Hobbs along with second- and third-round picks (Medicine Hat owns the Pats’ second- and third-rounders in 2016 from separate deals last season for Boston Leier and Daniel Wapple-Logan McVeigh). I was also told the deal is done. A second source later confirmed that Hobbs is headed to Regina. The 17-year-old D-man played 10 games with Medicine Hat last season, recording one goal and two assists. He played 12 games early this season – notching one goal and one assist – before leaving the team. There are conflicting reports on whether he left because of an issue over his role or because his mother was involved in a serious car accident. Hobbs – a 6-foot-0, 190-pounder – helped the Canadian under-18 team win gold this summer at the Ivan Hlinka Memorial tournament, recording two assists in five games. Word is the deal could be announced as early as Monday. It also sounds like the Pats have more coming. Stay tuned.

chopper
01-05-2015, 06:58 AM
Frankly on the face of this I am not impressed.:( This does little with the exception of Hobbs, to build for 2 years down the road. It also seems to fly in the face of Paddock's stated direction. He seemed to have more concern with upgrading our 97 and 98 group.

This also shines the light on Lang and Parker's buy mentality. We are not getting new assets but in fact we are just recovering assets we gave away last season. Hunt and Gay have had some magic this season. We're likely to see a drop off in Gay's production.

Again on the face of this it resembles a "blow up" and personally I am not at all convinced. Unless paddock parlays another deal with one of these recovered picks to bring in more high end 97-98's, the loss of Burroughs and Hunt could be for naught.

Considering Burroughs and Hunt can possibly play for MH next season and Hunt has the potential to be the scoring leader of the WHL, the stated return sounds very hollow.

crashnbang
01-05-2015, 10:48 AM
I don't mind the deal, Hunt and Burroughs are pro bound next year so might as well get something in return rather than nothing - Hobbs will get the experience this year that he needs and will be much better next year because of it. Of coure, I would like to see more in return.

I think we could have got a higher pick back but by most likely we are giving up some wins by making this deal, that should result in a higher pick down the road. Possibly more deals to come as might as well try to get rid of Christoffer now too. I think Wapple will be around this year and at least til the deadline next year as he'd be great for Hollett's development next year.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-05-2015, 11:50 AM
Medicine hat came out better here...clearly. Just look from their perspective. They got our two top 19 year olds for a holdout, a second that wasn't theirs anyways, and a measly 3rd(which the pats could've got for hunt if they traded him after playoffs anyways). They didn't even use their first.

What is paddock thinking? The intent is in the right place. However this is severe overpayment and an enormous gamble. If you think the people around town are upset, the players are certainly deflated. They feel betrayed. If you don't get better on the deadline, you get worse...because everybody else gets better. We just gutted our best three forwards from the lineup(four if Gay is gone too) and replaced them with two holdouts and some picks which neither are firsts(and apparently a 16 year old D from red deer if the gay to red deer rumor is true).