PDA

View Full Version : Gay to Red Deer? - Done Deal

crashnbang
01-05-2015, 11:46 AM
My sources say Gay has been traded to Red Deer. No further details avail.

Fight Guy
01-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Ive heard this too. Something along the lines of Gay for Leschyshyn and high picks. Who knows... BOOM goes the Pats!!!!

patsdude114
01-05-2015, 11:57 AM
I wasn't expecting a full roster blow up this week, but that was has happened. At least the players coming back our way have the potential to make us a force in 2yrs heck even next year we should be better then this years team.

Bighat
01-05-2015, 12:04 PM
Who the hell is going to score next year and name me the 20 yr olds. This keeps up steel will ask for a trade

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-05-2015, 12:06 PM
Guess we will wait for your sources to fax you info...unless your sources are just those free websites on the computer screen all of us can see too.

Trav
01-05-2015, 12:11 PM
By the sound of it, Regina may be giving up a first round pick in the Rebels deal

http://blogs.leaderpost.com/2015/01/05/another-pats-deal/

patsdude114
01-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Kind of have to agree with SAJ here..... Your sources are nothing more then following the same guys on Twitter that we do.... So who's your source? Friesen? Millard? Silverfox Remple? Harder?

patsdude114
01-05-2015, 12:13 PM
By the sound of it, Regina may be giving up a first round pick in the Rebels deal

http://blogs.leaderpost.com/2015/01/05/another-pats-deal/

Woah!!! Slow up here a 1st & 2nd round pick damn who is the player coming our way freaken Connor bleakley?

Bighat
01-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Vaseline cause paddock has been taking in these trades.

patsdude114
01-05-2015, 12:19 PM
It better be either Pawenchuk and/or De wit coming our way but even then that still doesn't seem to be enough for what is reporting we are giving up..... Ok this trade I want to hear even more so then the Klimchuk trade now......

Shooter
01-05-2015, 12:24 PM
Crash and Bang- are your serious or ****ing us over!

patsdude114
01-05-2015, 12:27 PM
He is serious on the rumoured trade..... Friesen was the first to report this and he has been bang in with our other 2 trades and on both accounts he said it the night before

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-05-2015, 12:29 PM
No it makes sense.

the young forward* who is supposed to come back was the 6th overall last year. And ppg in midget right now. Basically we are swapping out first, for their 'first' which was the player already chosen and with an NHL bloodline to boot.

The second rounder and gay are for the other player coming our way. My bet is Polei. A big '96 forward who can improve offensively.

If that's what it is I like this deal a lot better the med hat deal.

patsdude114
01-05-2015, 12:31 PM
Who's the young D cause Leschyshyn is a forward if I recall. If that is what the picks are for them I'm ok with that as well and turns out to be a great trade just a trade we don't see rewards from until next season is all

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-05-2015, 12:35 PM
Yeah. Unlike his dad he's a forward. Someone to play with Gardiner.

sbtatter
01-05-2015, 12:37 PM
I wonder if swiftly have to make a quick decision to sell or buy as well now that both med hat, Bdn have upgraded. Swiftly are built for this season, and are outgunned so maybe should sell. I'd like heathrington in Bdn!

Shooter
01-05-2015, 12:58 PM
I don't think the phone GM calls are done yet!

The farm land has been sold but what about the equipment and oil wells.

I projected this a while back and bang on right now!

Paddock is a smart man and has a plan with his owners that is strategic but shocking to the Parker visionaries. Keep the ball rolling Johnny be good.

JMoney1988
01-05-2015, 01:15 PM
I'm sure you guys saw this by now:
http://www.whl.ca/article/tigers-and-pats-complete-trade

Do you guys think it helps or hinders your team???

RWAH
01-05-2015, 01:16 PM
I am not a good judge of talent but I think that all the coaches and the scouts are part of these deals and we are building for the 16/17 and 17/18 seasons and I will wait and see the results. It is a breath of fresh air that there is a plan and not the knee jerk reaction the Pats used in the past.
Here's a night mare. if we trade Gay we have room for a 20 so we can move Wapple and recall McAuley "yuk"

nivek_wahs
01-05-2015, 01:29 PM
Deal is Done.....

http://reginapats.com/article/pats-acquire-top-prospect-from-rebels

Pats Acquire Top Prospect from Rebels

Jan 05, 2015 - 12:43 CST
Written By: Regina Pats Staff,
Regina, Saskatchewan – Regina Pats Sr. VP of Hockey Operations and Head Coach John Paddock announced today the team has acquired top prospect forward Jake Leschyshyn (’99) and a 2017 4th Round Bantam Draft pick in exchange for forward Connor Gay (’95), a 2016 1st Round pick, 2015 2nd Round pick and 2017 7th Round pick. John Paddock will be available to speak with the media at 2:30 p.m. in the Media/VIP room in the lower level of the Brandt Centre.

Jake Leschyshyn (5’10”, 167 lbs) was the Rebels’ 6th Overall selection in the 2014 WHL Bantam Draft. In his draft year, Leschyshyn posted 59 points (31G, 28A) in 31 games with the Saskatoon Stallions of the SBAAHL and in nine games with the SMAAAHL’s Saskatoon Blazers, had 6 points (2G, 4A). In his first year playing Midget AAA full time, Leschyshyn has 24 points (10G, 14A) in 25 games with the Blazers. The son of former NHL’er Curtis Leschyshyn, Jake will be a member of Team Saskatchewan at the 2015 Canada Winter Games in Prince George February 21st-March 5th.

“In Jake we’re getting an outstanding young player taken 6th overall in the Bantam Draft last year,” said John Paddock. “He has a great hockey pedigree and fits in with the time-frame of us molding a team for the future. Having already added two 17 year olds sitting a year older than the 1998 age group, we’ve now add premiere player to our crop of prospects.”

Connor Gay was a list player of the Pats who went on to make his debut in the 2012-13 season. He went on to play 135 games for the Blue and White while registering 92 points (40G, 52A). After totaling four points in his 17 year old season, Gay broke out for 43 points (19G, 24A) last season and has already surpassed that mark with 44 points (20G, 24A) in 39 games this year. Connor has been an active member in the community Pats and was an exemplary ambassador for the Pats around Regina in his three years wearing the Blue and White.

“In a short time coaching Connor, I can’t say enough about his play, leadership and attitude,” continued Paddock. “We’ll miss him in Regina and we wish him the best in Red Deer. In the end it was a deal we couldn’t refuse as we look to the future.”

The Pats are back on the ice Wednesday night against the Everett Silvertips in a 7:00 p.m. puck drop. Tickets are available through Ticketmaster.ca, the Brandt Centre Box Office and Safeway locations throughout Regina.

nivek_wahs
01-05-2015, 01:30 PM
I am not a good judge of talent but I think that all the coaches and the scouts are part of these deals and we are building for the 16/17 and 17/18 seasons and I will wait and see the results. It is a breath of fresh air that there is a plan and not the knee jerk reaction the Pats used in the past.
Here's a night mare. if we trade Gay we have room for a 20 so we can move Wapple and recall McAuley "yuk"Gay is 19. Christoffer, D'Amico and Padakin are the OA's.

patsdude114
01-05-2015, 01:33 PM
@Rebelshockey: TRADE: Rebels acquire Connor Gay, 1st (’16), 2nd (’15), & 7th (’17) rd picks from Regina, for Jake Leschyshyn and a 4th rd pick (’17).

Ok that is a freaken lot to give up for Jake who can't even be part of our roster this year as if I recall he is only 15

This trade is the first one I don't like at all

witness
01-05-2015, 01:33 PM
wow!!
That is a lot to give up when you are talking about acquiring draft picks.
Paddock must be really high on the kid.

I don't think he is done.

I am going to need a program for Wednesday's game

patsdude114
01-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Witness you won't need a program as so far te only player physically added to our roster is Connor hobbs, although we only have 10 active forwards right now so we need to make call ups or trade sow thing coming our way now

Jake must be the next Steel ;)

nivek_wahs
01-05-2015, 01:41 PM
wow!!
That is a lot to give up when you are talking about acquiring draft picks.
Paddock must be really high on the kid.

I don't think he is done.

I am going to need a program for Wednesday's gameThat leaves the team with 11 forwards and of those 11, McAmmond is hurt.... more to come I'm sure.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-05-2015, 01:42 PM
When did high scoring 19 year olds become worth less than guys who in the future might be high scoring 19 year olds?

Crofter
01-05-2015, 01:44 PM
Deal is Done.....

http://reginapats.com/article/pats-acquire-top-prospect-from-rebels

Pats Acquire Top Prospect from Rebels

Jan 05, 2015 - 12:43 CST
Written By: Regina Pats Staff,
Regina, Saskatchewan – Regina Pats Sr. VP of Hockey Operations and Head Coach John Paddock announced today the team has acquired top prospect forward Jake Leschyshyn (’99) and a 2017 4th Round Bantam Draft pick in exchange for forward Connor Gay (’95), a 2016 1st Round pick, 2015 2nd Round pick and 2017 7th Round pick. John Paddock will be available to speak with the media at 2:30 p.m. in the Media/VIP room in the lower level of the Brandt Centre.

Jake Leschyshyn (5’10”, 167 lbs) was the Rebels’ 6th Overall selection in the 2014 WHL Bantam Draft. In his draft year, Leschyshyn posted 59 points (31G, 28A) in 31 games with the Saskatoon Stallions of the SBAAHL and in nine games with the SMAAAHL’s Saskatoon Blazers, had 6 points (2G, 4A). In his first year playing Midget AAA full time, Leschyshyn has 24 points (10G, 14A) in 25 games with the Blazers. The son of former NHL’er Curtis Leschyshyn, Jake will be a member of Team Saskatchewan at the 2015 Canada Winter Games in Prince George February 21st-March 5th.

“In Jake we’re getting an outstanding young player taken 6th overall in the Bantam Draft last year,” said John Paddock. “He has a great hockey pedigree and fits in with the time-frame of us molding a team for the future. Having already added two 17 year olds sitting a year older than the 1998 age group, we’ve now add premiere player to our crop of prospects.”

Connor Gay was a list player of the Pats who went on to make his debut in the 2012-13 season. He went on to play 135 games for the Blue and White while registering 92 points (40G, 52A). After totaling four points in his 17 year old season, Gay broke out for 43 points (19G, 24A) last season and has already surpassed that mark with 44 points (20G, 24A) in 39 games this year. Connor has been an active member in the community Pats and was an exemplary ambassador for the Pats around Regina in his three years wearing the Blue and White.

“In a short time coaching Connor, I can’t say enough about his play, leadership and attitude,” continued Paddock. “We’ll miss him in Regina and we wish him the best in Red Deer. In the end it was a deal we couldn’t refuse as we look to the future.”

The Pats are back on the ice Wednesday night against the Everett Silvertips in a 7:00 p.m. puck drop. Tickets are available through Ticketmaster.ca, the Brandt Centre Box Office and Safeway locations throughout Regina.

A lot of moving parts here, can someone smarter than me give me the bottom line?

booboo
01-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Seems like a lot to give up for a 15 yr old that is unproven in the league. I hope it works out for you guys. Program sales just went up in the :groovy:Queen City.

D cherry
01-05-2015, 02:04 PM
I like Steel . But Sherwood park tried to win by building around Sammy as well in bantam and midget AAA. They lost every time what makes this different !!

crashnbang
01-05-2015, 02:09 PM
Guess we will wait for your sources to fax you info...unless your sources are just those free websites on the computer screen all of us can see too.

:groovy:

EastDivFan
01-05-2015, 02:12 PM
So between the Nogier and Gay trades, Sutter got Gay, Nogier, and Adamson for McCarty, Leschysyn and swapping a fourth for a seventh pick. Good on him. Blades fans thought we raped the Rebels...even Woods was shaking his head. Then the Pats turn around and give it right back in an equally horrid trade on their part.

Bighat
01-05-2015, 02:18 PM
So to all the fans that wanted to sell instead of buy what did we accomplish: well we have less draft picks 1st round this year then not a 1st till 2018. We received 2 17yr olds that we're walk always, a unproven 15 yr old and a 7th round draft pick and maybe a 4th if I read this right. We lost 2/3 of our 1st line our best player and our top dman, all our leadership our captain and two assitants. Seems like a good day if you live in lethbridge.
Can anyone out there think this has made this club stronger next year. I can see in 2 years but we are still lacking 18 yr olds. I guess getting sh&it pumped every nite till the end of the year will help the building process. I had no problem rebuilding but your in 2 place and you really never improved the future of the team.

Moonergroupie
01-05-2015, 02:19 PM
Regina's future is looking really good for 2-3 years from now. This is how you build a Memorial cup contender. Rebels are going to have 1 and 2nd line forwards playing on their fourth line now. To bad we don't have some consistent goaltending.

crashnbang
01-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Regina's future is looking really good for 2-3 years from now. This is how you build a Memorial cup contender. Rebels are going to have 1 and 2nd line forwards playing on their fourth line now. To bad we don't have some consistent goaltending.

Too bad we don't have some consistent goaltending? I think we have one of the very best, Wapple is very good but now he will be relied on even more so let's see how he handles it - assuming he's not traded too lol.

nivek_wahs
01-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Too bad we don't have some consistent goaltending? I think we have one of the very best, Wapple is very good but now he will be relied on even more so let's see how he handles it - assuming he's not traded too lol.I think they were meaning Red Deer's goaltending.

D cherry
01-05-2015, 02:32 PM
It looks like the Pats want to rebuild all in one day or year !!

Bighat
01-05-2015, 02:32 PM
We have all the same age category, he needed 18yr olds. In 2-3 years we will have 16 nineteen year olds on the team but you are rebuilding after that, which the good teams don't do they stagger their talent so there turnover is minimal.

nivek_wahs
01-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Interesting.....

Joel Gasson
‏@JGasson_21
John Paddock thinks he's done dealing. Wasn't going to let success change the plan for this team to always be in the playoffs going forward

Shooter
01-05-2015, 04:29 PM
Crash and Bang looks like you have insider information that others are jealous of. Good work Bob Mckenzies

patsdude114
01-05-2015, 04:41 PM
Crash and Bang looks like you have insider information that others are jealous of. Good work Bob Mckenzies

I can't tell if your serious about this comment or if it's sarcasm.....

chopper
01-05-2015, 06:33 PM
I listened to the audio of the press conference this afternoon. Paddock was asked the question "are you making anymore trades". His quick curt response was "I don't know". With all this youth some type of veteran presence is seriously needed.

I still have some misgivings about a couple of our d-men. Locating a rugged big d-man wouldn't hurt my feelings. There might be a few around at a fairly cheap price.

D cherry
01-05-2015, 07:10 PM
It's been a big day for the Pats and it's fans . Go Pats Go with the new and improved . Team .

booboo
01-05-2015, 07:45 PM
You must be kidding that the team is improved? What are you drinking?:groovy: in a couple of years they may be improved but not today!!

crashnbang
01-05-2015, 08:26 PM
Confirmed deal: Steel, Wapple, Brooks and Wagner for Connor McDavid..............SIKE.

patsdude114
01-05-2015, 09:57 PM
You must be kidding that the team is improved? What are you drinking?:groovy: in a couple of years they may be improved but not today!!

Depends how you want to use the word 'improved' we have improved our youth talent :) I for one am very happy with all trades we made, yes there will be some bumps along the way but that's ok. This is about 7-10 years too late. It was never about this year anyways as we have over achieved up until this part and Paddock is right we were in no positiion to be buyers this year.

Shooter
01-05-2015, 10:01 PM
Ok crash and bang your real funny and a smart ass. Go cheer for Mj.

Shooter
01-05-2015, 10:07 PM
Patsdude is now taking over Langs duties in office. Anyone see lang around lately?

Well put Patsdude I like your input and push on rebuild.

Guys it's a new day . Work at Saskatoon and hope to attend their practice.

It's just a game and want everyone to cool down!

D cherry
01-05-2015, 10:13 PM
thanks pastdude: it going to fun to watch these young boys turn into men each and everynight as the rest of the season goes on . just like life

chopper
01-05-2015, 10:45 PM
Right now we have 11 forwards with one injured. They will likely need to call up at least one for the balance of the year. It wouldn't surprise me to see a veteran forward acquired for the stretch run. I think we might see one or two lesser deals.

Berg's name has surfaced a few times, so will we perhaps see him here. They keep talking how they like Elmer's skill so is he on the radar for full time? Now that the WJC are over, the deals will be fast and furious in the WHL. I think we will play some more.

Bighat
01-05-2015, 11:16 PM

It's not just a game it's a business and I pay for season tickets, I don't like the trades it made us worse and very lopsided age wise. In 3 years we will be doing the same thing as today cause we will have 11-14 19yr olds on the team. We got took to the cleaners today.

All you guys on here we're talking about getting younger this year check we did that. You guys all said we need draft picks back were depleted, we gave up picks and your happy about that.

My question to you guys is now we don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick in years 2016-2017. How do we recoup those picks? We have nothing left to trade. In 2016-17 is the year we challenge what do we use to get the pcs we need. The next 2 yrs 1st rounders.

These trades didn't improve this hockey club now or in the future. We don't have any impact 20 yr olds next year. Wappel and Williams and I suspect they will both be traded next year.

We will be weak on defence picking up only Hobbs, with no real size Back there.

Up front we still have no one who can play with steel next year. We did get a crash an bang forward in Gabrielle for the 2nd line. We count on guys who didn't make the team this year in Elmer and berg.

I'm sorry to be a Debbie downer but I don't see any positives out of today's trades.

chopper
01-06-2015, 12:08 AM

It's not just a game it's a business and I pay for season tickets, I don't like the trades it made us worse and very lopsided age wise. In 3 years we will be doing the same thing as today cause we will have 11-14 19yr olds on the team. We got took to the cleaners today.

All you guys on here we're talking about getting younger this year check we did that. You guys all said we need draft picks back were depleted, we gave up picks and your happy about that.

My question to you guys is now we don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick in years 2016-2017. How do we recoup those picks? We have nothing left to trade. In 2016-17 is the year we challenge what do we use to get the pcs we need. The next 2 yrs 1st rounders.

These trades didn't improve this hockey club now or in the future. We don't have any impact 20 yr olds next year. Wappel and Williams and I suspect they will both be traded next year.

We will be weak on defence picking up only Hobbs, with no real size Back there.

Up front we still have no one who can play with steel next year. We did get a crash an bang forward in Gabrielle for the 2nd line. We count on guys who didn't make the team this year in Elmer and berg.

I'm sorry to be a Debbie downer but I don't see any positives out of today's trades.

I don't think everyone is thrilled about the return for all of our assets. I wrote on a different thread that the more I looked at these trades, the less I liked them. I felt that for Klimchuk, Burroughs, Hunt and Gay that return was rather light. We needed a couple of 96 born to be 19 year olds next year and didn't get any thrown in.

While I agree with the need to be sellers, I put more value on our assets than apparently was seen by management. The Klimchuk trade was one where you could hold your nose and live with it. The Burroughs/Hunt deal was way too light on return.

The Gay deal really frosted me. We gave RD back their 1st round pick for Lescyshyn in 2016. We gave them Gay for this year and next and a 2nd round pick just for taking him. RD knew Lescyshyn wasn't going to help them next year or two years thereafter, so getting that pick back in 2016 is just fine with them. Gay and a 2nd for free is great.

Hunt and Gay are going to be impact 20 year olds but not for us. Wapple, Williams and Hanson…..I don't think so. Wapple is very good, Williams is solid and Hanson won't be here, because we don't want to give MJ another free pick.

Now it's a waiting game to see if Hobbs, Lescyshyn, and Gabrielle reach the potential the organization hopes they have.

Today may have been necessary due to the miscues of the past. It doesn't necessarily make it a great day. There are still lingering questions in my mind. Is this really the best we could get for gutting our team? That answer won't be known for a few years.

crashnbang
01-06-2015, 09:39 AM
I don't think everyone is thrilled about the return for all of our assets. I wrote on a different thread that the more I looked at these trades, the less I liked them. I felt that for Klimchuk, Burroughs, Hunt and Gay that return was rather light. We needed a couple of 96 born to be 19 year olds next year and didn't get any thrown in.

While I agree with the need to be sellers, I put more value on our assets than apparently was seen by management. The Klimchuk trade was one where you could hold your nose and live with it. The Burroughs/Hunt deal was way too light on return.

The Gay deal really frosted me. We gave RD back their 1st round pick for Lescyshyn in 2016. We gave them Gay for this year and next and a 2nd round pick just for taking him. RD knew Lescyshyn wasn't going to help them next year or two years thereafter, so getting that pick back in 2016 is just fine with them. Gay and a 2nd for free is great.

Hunt and Gay are going to be impact 20 year olds but not for us. Wapple, Williams and Hanson…..I don't think so. Wapple is very good, Williams is solid and Hanson won't be here, because we don't want to give MJ another free pick.

Now it's a waiting game to see if Hobbs, Lescyshyn, and Gabrielle reach the potential the organization hopes they have.

Today may have been necessary due to the miscues of the past. It doesn't necessarily make it a great day. There are still lingering questions in my mind. Is this really the best we could get for gutting our team? That answer won't be known for a few years.

I can see why Paddock would be more likely to bring in 97 born players rather than 96 born players as when the 97 born players are 19 (2016-2017) is the year we are banking on (Steel will be 18 and quite possibly his last year in this league). You have Brooks, Harrison and Mortlock as 96 born players on roster (maybe that will change) but Brooks will be a very high scoring 20 year old 1st or 2nd liner as an overage 20 year old, Harrison will be a very good 20 year old Dman in this league and let's see who ends up filling the 3rd spot when the time comes.

Therefore, why would you be so concerned about bringing in 18 year olds (96 born players) as we will be limited to 3 of them when the staff is planning for in 2016-2017. Now after the 2016-2017 season which we are banking on, we will be in for some work but with wins and deep playoff runs, the Pasts are more likely to attract players and convince players to play WHL rather than go to Tier2/NCAA and we all know about the talent we have missed out on in recent years (Findlay, Liam Schioler, etc). I think with what we've got we will still be competitive right now and next year and as players get more opportunity I think it will be apparent we can still be competitive although in the immediate future we are not nearly as deep as we were a week ago and because the team has over-achieved somewhat, I think it may look worse than it is over the course of the rest of this season.

chopper
01-06-2015, 10:23 AM
I can see why Paddock would be more likely to bring in 97 born players rather than 96 born players as when the 97 born players are 19 (2016-2017) is the year we are banking on (Steel will be 18 and quite possibly his last year in this league). You have Brooks, Harrison and Mortlock as 96 born players on roster (maybe that will change) but Brooks will be a very high scoring 20 year old 1st or 2nd liner as an overage 20 year old, Harrison will be a very good 20 year old Dman in this league and let's see who ends up filling the 3rd spot when the time comes.

Therefore, why would you be so concerned about bringing in 18 year olds (96 born players) as we will be limited to 3 of them when the staff is planning for in 2016-2017. Now after the 2016-2017 season which we are banking on, we will be in for some work but with wins and deep playoff runs, the Pasts are more likely to attract players and convince players to play WHL rather than go to Tier2/NCAA and we all know about the talent we have missed out on in recent years (Findlay, Liam Schioler, etc). I think with what we've got we will still be competitive right now and next year and as players get more opportunity I think it will be apparent we can still be competitive although in the immediate future we are not nearly as deep as we were a week ago and because the team has over-achieved somewhat, I think it may look worse than it is over the course of the rest of this season.

The reason we had any success this year was almost entirely because of the quality of the 19 year olds. It also made them much in demand. Your 19 year olds dictate how good your season is. You win or lose based on 19 year old strength. Case closed. It not just about what we will have when Steel is 18 or 19, it's about what we have leading up to that. You need a winning culture and that's what quality 19 year olds bring. Without a good culture or leadership base we may struggle next year with a bunch of 16, 17, 18 year olds. If we were to drop to 30-32 wins next season, does anyone think we will go from that to Memorial Cup contenders the following year? Not likely! Even this year the vets had a big part in Steels success.

The 18 year old we have returning are not exceptional. Next year we have Brooks who should be a high end 19 year old provided he continues to progress. Mortlock is a call up who has slow feet and will never be more than an average player 19 or 20 year old. Harrison is a b- player who is not at Williams level when he was an 18 year old. Harrison and Mortlock are serviceable but not close to being high end.

A winning culture and veteran leadership is as important as talent. Many teams before i.e. Prince George has tried loading up with young talent (twice) and hope in three years to be championship calibre. They've done it twice with insignificant results. It's not simply about loading up in one or two age brackets but much more.

The reason Brandon and Kelowna are so successful is that they never get caught short of talent in any age bracket. The then add a couple pieces when they have have a great shot.The reason young guys have success is because they come in and follow a Klimchuk or Burroughs. Children mimic their parents. Leaders need someone to show them how to. If leaders can't lead then followers can't follow.

crashnbang
01-06-2015, 11:41 AM
The reason we had any success this year was almost entirely because of the quality of the 19 year olds. It also made them much in demand. Your 19 year olds dictate how good your season is. You win or lose based on 19 year old strength. Case closed. It not just about what we will have when Steel is 18 or 19, it's about what we have leading up to that. You need a winning culture and that's what quality 19 year olds bring. Without a good culture or leadership base we may struggle next year with a bunch of 16, 17, 18 year olds. If we were to drop to 30-32 wins next season, does anyone think we will go from that to Memorial Cup contenders the following year? Not likely! Even this year the vets had a big part in Steels success.

The 18 year old we have returning are not exceptional. Next year we have Brooks who should be a high end 19 year old provided he continues to progress. Mortlock is a call up who has slow feet and will never be more than an average player 19 or 20 year old. Harrison is a b- player who is not at Williams level when he was an 18 year old. Harrison and Mortlock are serviceable but not close to being high end.

A winning culture and veteran leadership is as important as talent. Many teams before i.e. Prince George has tried loading up with young talent (twice) and hope in three years to be championship calibre. They've done it twice with insignificant results. It's not simply about loading up in one or two age brackets but much more.

The reason Brandon and Kelowna are so successful is that they never get caught short of talent in any age bracket. The then add a couple pieces when they have have a great shot.The reason young guys have success is because they come in and follow a Klimchuk or Burroughs. Children mimic their parents. Leaders need someone to show them how to. If leaders can't lead then followers can't follow.

I see your point. However, at the end of the day if things are similar between players, you don't take a 96 born player just because of the age category when a 97 player can do the same job although possibly slightly less experienced.

chopper
01-06-2015, 12:07 PM
I see your point. However, at the end of the day if things are similar between players, you don't take a 96 born player just because of the age category when a 97 player can do the same job although possibly slightly less experienced.

I totally get your point, and it's completely valid if the 97's do the job the 96's would have. Provided they do we should be fine:)

Bighat
01-06-2015, 02:27 PM
Still my question has not been answered by anyone on here or by a scout I talked to this morning cause no one has the answer:

I look at the roster today and there is not 1 player capable to play on the same line as steel.

I look at the roster for next year and there is no one capable to play with steel.

We have a team of good to great 2nd liners but no high end players like steel. He needs a finisher and play maker on his line.

So I ask the question once again who is capable to play on steels line ( and please be realistic)?

patsdude114
01-06-2015, 02:43 PM
Gabrielle will be given every chance in the world to play with Steel, skill wise Gabrielle is our best '97 followed by Wagner with the forwards. Look for Elmer to be playing with Steel next year as well as Elmer is a pure goal scorer as he has proved it at very level he has ever played.

Your worrying way to much about next year at this time. There were big questions about this years team before the season even started and things worked themselves out pretty well. Players take on bigger roles as they get older each year. No one expected Brooks to score like he has this year most were thinking of he scored 15-20 goals all year that would be a success but he has those goals already. Look at Wagner he is findin a scoring touch to go along with his speed, being a year older next year should just increase his patience and overall game as well.

Paddock made these trades to increase the roles of our younger guys cause there is a lot of talent here in that age group. It's time to stop bjtching and whining and support this younger group we have now. Yes there will be some bumps along the road for the rest of the year but that's ok, this is what this franchise should of done years ago and tons of people have been wanting this type of a rebuild but now we have it an everyone wants to moan and complain.

We over achieved all season long had we not over achieved our 19yr olds wouldn't of had much value at all. Give Hobbs and Gabrielle a chance to get comfortable with how the Regina pats play once they figure this out and get comfortable it will soften the blow a lot.

chopper
01-06-2015, 02:49 PM
Still my question has not been answered by anyone on here or by a scout I talked to this morning cause no one has the answer:

I look at the roster today and there is not 1 player capable to play on the same line as steel.

I look at the roster for next year and there is no one capable to play with steel.

We have a team of good to great 2nd liners but no high end players like steel. He needs a finisher and play maker on his line.

So I ask the question once again who is capable to play on steels line ( and please be realistic)?

You pose a good question and i don't have an exact answer for you. However 2/3 of the Steel line is still intact and it's been pretty decent for him in terms of points. This year perhaps Gabrielle or the incoming Cooper? Next season perhaps the young guy Lescyishyn who from all reports is a great sniper. Even next year if they went that way they will still need a rugged (Christopher type) winger on that line. AND who knows there still might be an incoming surprise player. I doubt we're done.

crashnbang
01-06-2015, 03:15 PM
You pose a good question and i don't have an exact answer for you. However 2/3 of the Steel line is still intact and it's been pretty decent for him in terms of points. This year perhaps Gabrielle or the incoming Cooper? Next season perhaps the young guy Lescyishyn who from all reports is a great sniper. Even next year if they went that way they will still need a rugged (Christopher type) winger on that line. AND who knows there still might be an incoming surprise player. I doubt we're done.

Not every 16 year old is going to be able to go straight to the first line like Steel has done, it is unlikely even for the very high picks but let's see what Lescyishyn shows us. Look for Gabrielle to get an opportunity to play with Steel and Christoffer for the rest of this season, maybe Cooper. Next year, who knows who will be on Steel's wings but I think Gabrielle and Cole would be good options, at least worth a try and they have some chemistry coming from the same minor hockey system. Both finish checks which will create some room for Steel and both can put up points when given an opportunity do so. When Cole was moved up with Brooks and Padakin he made things happen. If I was to guess about next year's lines though, for me the 2nd line would be Brooks, Wagner and Cooper. That would give 2 strong lines, with high compete levels. Smith should be ready to take on the 3rd line Center role next year or move him to the wing with Kroeker although Kroeker will be in the mix for top 6 minutes next year if he isn't also moved in this flurry of trades as his value could be fairly high out west.

chopper
01-06-2015, 03:19 PM
We will make the playoffs and I don't think that's what the mindset was at the beginning of the season. With the loss of all that experience and leadership we are going to stumble. Anyone who thinks you can plug 17 year olds into spots that our 19 year olds played and have the same results, is living in a fools paradise. Paddock knows that so he went out and got another 19 year old today and he may get another. Losing is like winning in that it can become contagious. You can't get too young too quick.

Harder in the LP wrote a good article. He is generally supportive of some of the moves, but feels we left money on the table. I concur with his assessment. Do I like the return completely = No. Is there anything I can do = No. That doesn't in anyway prevent me from articulating that l think we came out a little short. I don't flip flop on my beliefs. The acquisition of another 19 year old shows that the GM understands we're too young and need to get a bit older. I support the team and will hope for the best going forward. That's all that's left.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-06-2015, 04:56 PM
People can argue about the value management, and I share the gripe, but sometimes you have to overpay or be aggressive to get what you want. The pats were still the first team to make a move, and I think the first team in awhile to make these type of moves. It took balls to go forward with this, especially considering we did the opposite with Eberle and Teubert.

chopper
01-06-2015, 05:26 PM
The deals are done so now the team needs to keep on competing, and adding Cooper should help. If Gabrielle, Hobbs, and Leschyshyn all reach the stardom being projected for them then the Pats will have done extremely well.

It will be good when the trade deadline comes and goes. This team will need some time to mold themselves into a cohesive unit. Expect some hiccups along the way in this second half. There could likely be some 3 or 4 game losing streaks. They will however make the playoffs for sure. That's all that happened last season. If they play the "Pro" way Paddock has them going they will still get their wins, probably 38-40 wins in total.

Don't know if it's available but another sandpaper guy would be nice. Don't know but maybe Uhrich/Folk could be had. I think there will be one more move. Even if that doesn't happen it's all interesting. It'll be fun to see how this team reinvents itself the rest of the way.

patsdude114
01-06-2015, 05:31 PM
I will say this our first round matchup against SC is still fully expected only difference is we may not get home ice advantage anymore. But with that said even before all these trades we struggled against SC all year long, so badly that we couldn't even play our style of game. In a 7 game series I think the outcome is still the exact same which is a series loss.

Also don't think anyone is expecting the 17 year olds to do the exact same as Klimchuk and Burroughs did for us but you know what that's ok and its expected as well. There was no way in hell if we did sneak past SC that we even stood a chance against BRN in a best of 7 series. Anyone who thinks we did stand a chance is smoking some really good stuff and I want some as well.

By no means am I sayin Cooper is Klimchuk cause he is not but stats wise there is 2pts seperating the 2. Klimchuk had 30pts with us and Cooper had 28pts including 12 goals to klimchuks 14 goals. We get alittle breathing room with this trade and moved a guy who isn't in our plans.

chopper
01-06-2015, 05:52 PM
I don't know who we would meet in the first round. I think that's too early to predict. Some teams slide bad while others might exceed expectations. If we were to meet Swift Current, we don't match up very well. The reason we don't is because we have let them physically push us around. The last game here was the first game where we really stood up and fought. We won 6-1 because of our grit shown that game. IMO one more addition of a rugged guy might change the dynamics of a series with SC, should that occur. Those guys are valuable in any playoff series.

brandonboy
01-06-2015, 05:57 PM

do you just watch Regina and have blinders on to the rest of the league? Gabrielle is more than capable of playing with Steel. It's only Regina fans that think they got some raw deal in that trade. Everywhere else you look it's a pretty large majority that thinks Regina should have even added. Gabrielle has amazing hands and can be a 40-50 goal scorer very easily played right. He's even thought to probably going first round this year if not early second. Not to mention with Gabrielle playing with him it's added protection. So stop the temper tantrums and wake up and relize for once the pats are seemingly going in the right direction.

patsrock83
01-06-2015, 06:53 PM
do you just watch Regina and have blinders on to the rest of the league? Gabrielle is more than capable of playing with Steel. It's only Regina fans that think they got some raw deal in that trade. Everywhere else you look it's a pretty large majority that thinks Regina should have even added. Gabrielle has amazing hands and can be a 40-50 goal scorer very easily played right. He's even thought to probably going first round this year if not early second. Not to mention with Gabrielle playing with him it's added protection. So stop the temper tantrums and wake up and relize for once the pats are seemingly going in the right direction.

Thank you!

Shooter
01-06-2015, 07:28 PM
Ladies and gentleman:

Hockey is a team sport and yes ups and downs in hockey but we know John can get the best out of players and his leadership is top notch.

Sam is a hell of player but in time you see that we have a lot of great players.

Sometimes you have to agree to disagree. Come out and cheer the boys on!

If your a hockey fan....see you at the rink!

patsdude114
01-06-2015, 07:55 PM

couldn't agree more with you brandonboy....

to many fans only see today's record and cant see past it, the hockey operations set out at the start of the year with this in mind and they stuck to it no matter where we were in the standings and that takes a lot of balls to do. If Parker was still our GM holy god the entire farm would of been sold and him thinking 'we are going to make a killer at the gate for my daddy'

RWAH
01-06-2015, 08:51 PM
I agree the Pats were short changed in value. The team did get some quality players and IMO will be in good shape for the future. I for one, think coach Paddock is on the right track to develop a long term structure to be competitive year in and year out. The ownership and management have a plan, are sticking to the plan but willing to massage the plan as needed. If Paddock can get the same team play, all player committed, there is a possibility we can do 20 wins in the back half of the season.

On another note: any thoughts that Paddock believed or knew that Draisaitl was headed to Kelowna so wanted to get the trades over before the other top teams through in the towel and did not want to trade? Do you think that made the trades happen before the WJC was over.

Looking forward to watching the new Pats develop and gel. With some luck we can maintain 2nd place.

Bighat
01-06-2015, 09:00 PM
Pats dude we did sell the farm, and the the difference between this year and eberle's year is we snuck into the playoffs and should have sold the farm.

Yes I watch every team play and I don't remember Gabrielle standing out I do remember him sitting out. He's a pat now and I'll cheer him on and the team. I have zero problem with the klimchuck trade, the rest that's another story. Oh we'll see you all at the massacre tomorrow nite.

Pats dude since your so good at predicting the future of the pats playoffs can you give me an insider tip whose going to win the Stanley cup.

brandonboy
01-06-2015, 09:13 PM
Pats dude we did sell the farm, and the the difference between this year and eberle's year is we snuck into the playoffs and should have sold the farm.

Yes I watch every team play and I don't remember Gabrielle standing out I do remember him sitting out. He's a pat now and I'll cheer him on and the team. I have zero problem with the klimchuck trade, the rest that's another story. Oh we'll see you all at the massacre tomorrow nite.

Pats dude since your so good at predicting the future of the pats playoffs can you give me an insider tip whose going to win the Stanley cup.

you're simply clueless.

nivek_wahs
01-06-2015, 09:21 PM

I thought you were selling your tickets?

patsrock83
01-06-2015, 09:33 PM

We had no farm to sell...

Bighat
01-06-2015, 09:59 PM
Pats rock we have a great farm system, we're loaded tons of talent there. Nobody wants the tickets.:dead:

Brandon fan yes I have a clue more than you know. We gave up more than we received and that means you loose when it comes to trades. I found out another reason why some of the boys were traded, they were grumbling after klimchucks trade and the locker room doesn't like mr Gabrielle too much.

EastDivFan
01-06-2015, 10:09 PM
I found out another reason why some of the boys were traded, they were grumbling after klimchucks trade and the locker room doesn't like mr Gabrielle too much.

Of course they don't. He probably beat the tar out of them all as a sixteen year old. Best babysitter in the East you could have got for Sam.

brandonboy
01-06-2015, 10:34 PM
Pats rock we have a great farm system, we're loaded tons of talent there. Nobody wants the tickets.:dead:

Brandon fan yes I have a clue more than you know. We gave up more than we received and that means you loose when it comes to trades. I found out another reason why some of the boys were traded, they were grumbling after klimchucks trade and the locker room doesn't like mr Gabrielle too much. You're so full of **** it's not even funny. You didn't have any credibility to begin with so I guess you didn't have much to loose. Gabrielle was a popular guy in the dressing room it was McCrimmon the problem was with you clown. Get you're facts straight before you post you're dribble. Even you're own team fans on here think you're completely clueless so don't say you have any idea what you're talking about.

patsdude114
01-06-2015, 10:42 PM

You really think we are going to miss the playoffs hey lmao you are such a laughing stock your making the old lordstanley look like a mastermind. This Pats team would have to completely sink ship for us to miss the playoffs, and that team 45mins west of us would really have to pick up their game with their extremely small team and defense that looks so lost even on the best of nights.

As for the Stanley Cup I could careless who is going to win the Stanley Cup I rarely watch the boring NHL but that's a topic all in itself.

If you are serious about selling your season tickets (which I highly doubt you are) I'll buy them off you for $20 and then donate them to big brothers, at least they will enjoy going to the games and not whine and complain about every little thing.

Bighat
01-06-2015, 10:51 PM
I didn't say we weren't going to make the playoffs but it will be close. Hey brandon fan did they teach you how to read, our players don't like him, I repeat our players. Please learn to read before you name call.

brandonboy
01-06-2015, 11:07 PM
I didn't say we weren't going to make the playoffs but it will be close. Hey brandon fan did they teach you how to read, our players don't like him, I repeat our players. Please learn to read before you name call.

You know exactly what you were implying. And even if not you have no idea how dumb that sounds. How would the players have any idea if they liked the guy or not? He's barely been in the league a year and none of them have ever played with him. And to say players got traded cause they don't like him? What league do you think they are playing in. Trust me it's not the first time and agitator has been traded. You just need to stop posting cause you sound more and more simple every time.

Bighat
01-06-2015, 11:07 PM
Personally I don't care what the other fans think it's my opinion. I've paid for season tickets and I'm giving my honest opinion. If you don't like them don't read them, which i found out you can't read.

Bighat
01-06-2015, 11:10 PM
No not implying anything just what I was told from a very reliable source, maybe after they get to know your son they'll like him.

patsdude114
01-07-2015, 12:29 AM
Your source that's funny.... You've been saying all year about things happening burner never once did they happen. Your source sounds like a 12yr old son/grandson who has been playing too much NHL on his gaming console telling you what trades he pulled off and that they could happen in real life to since they happened in a video game.

My offer still stands of buying your season tickets for $20 and donating them to big brothers. But just as I thought you were not really serious about it just flapping your mouth

Shooter
01-07-2015, 09:20 AM
Hockey Dudes: :

Lets just regroup and move forward the past is DONE and 4 DAYS Remaining.

John and staff is in charge of hockey operations. Its a new day and I know Mr. Paddock reported this is hard on everyone and obvious some guys are worked up here as well!

Come to game and have 6-8 large beer tonight and I'm sure you will be ok.

All of us likely have a family member who is struggling health wise with cancer etc. and you think your having a bad day? Life is good!

All players are upset of course on any teammate moving on from either teams involved NOT just in Regina its a business and were not swapping girlfriends for night this is likely 3 months to 3. 5 years for guys.

#99 in Edmonton was even moved a while back tears and joy....maybe tears today again! McDavid bound and joy soon.

WHL drafts and prospects - I think many guys get caught up in WHL DRAFT. At age 14 lots of uncertainty on a lot of players development. attitude, and drive.

Detroit Redwings built a MACHINE and they find players with speed, hockey intelligence, puck management and compete level with intensity. I think they were projected to be a write-off this season? How they doing?

crashnbang
01-07-2015, 10:31 AM

John and staff is in charge of hockey operations. Its a new day and I know Mr. Paddock reported this is hard on everyone and obvious some guys are worked up here as well!

All of us likely have a family member who is struggling health wise with cancer etc. and you think your having a bad day? Life is good!

All players are upset of course on any teammate moving on from either teams involved NOT just in Regina its a business and were not swapping girlfriends for night this is likely 3 months to 3. 5 years for guys.

#99 in Edmonton was even moved a while back tears and joy....maybe tears today again! McDavid bound and joy soon.

WHL drafts and prospects - I think many guys get caught up in WHL DRAFT. At age 14 lots of uncertainty on a lot of players development. attitude, and drive.

Detroit Redwings built a MACHINE and they find players with speed, hockey intelligence, puck management and compete level with intensity. I think they were projected to be a write-off this season? How they doing?

Totally agree about too much concern about draft picks - after all Hunt and Gay were both list palyers (not even drafted, correct?). There are lots of guys out there, you need to find them and/or they need to want to come into a solid organization heading in the right direction which is the case.

chopper
01-07-2015, 10:36 AM

Good points shooter.

I would like to get some more information on the girlfriend swapping thing if you don't mind. Can we do that?…………where do I sign up:D I knew something good would come out of this site..LOL AND it's weeny Wednesday….it just gets better and better:)

witness
01-07-2015, 11:15 AM
I didn't think that they would be this active, but did expect that they would sell off some assets. If the Pats had done nothing, people would be pissed. They have made a commitment for the future. Is that such a bad thing?

I re-evaluated why I bought tickets this year. It was to watch Sam Steel (and the younger guys) grow. I am still going to get to do that. The success the Pats have had this year was totally unexpected by me.

I don't think the trading is done in the Eastern division. I suspect that in order to be in full rebuild mode, PA might have a few moves left. Kootney has yet to join the party. Bandon and MH are substantially better, is Kootney going to compete?

At the end of the process, Regina is still a better team than MJ, PA, Saskatoon and Lethbridge.

We, as fans, have enjoyed the progress of Wagner, Harrison, Brooks, Steel and Hilsendager. Cole, Smith, McAmmond and Kroeker need more icetime (and have probably earned it). Now we get to watch the growth of Gabrielle, Krushen and Hobbs. And I think that after Pats fans get to watch Cooper game in and game out, you will really fall in love with the guy and what he will bring to the team.

Everybody has talked about sources, well I have a dude in the high level hockey sources. He has stated in his mind, Hobbs is the best 17 year old defensemen from Saskatchewan. He has also said that Jake Leschyshyn is a Grade A prospect. He has indicated that it is not 'if' he will become a WHL star, but 'when' he becomes a star.

Klimchuck, Burroughs and Hunt went to teams with a legitimate shot this year. Gay went to a team that will play in the Memorial Cup next year. Reagan went to a team that he will get a fresh start. I think that Paddock has done a service to these players.

I agree that if the Pats met Brandon or MH in a 7 game series, I can't see them being successful. I understand that upsets happen, but you can't sell your future for a chance of an upset. We knew at the beginning of the year, they were going to try to build a team around Steel, good on the Management (and Paddock) for having a plan and sticking with it.

I am going to go to the game tonight with an open mind. And as always, hope that I get to watch a good hockey game.....

sbtatter
01-07-2015, 11:31 AM
I didn't think that they would be this active, but did expect that they would sell off some assets. If the Pats had done nothing, people would be pissed. They have made a commitment for the future. Is that such a bad thing?

I re-evaluated why I bought tickets this year. It was to watch Sam Steel (and the younger guys) grow. I am still going to get to do that. The success the Pats have had this year was totally unexpected by me.

I don't think the trading is done in the Eastern division. I suspect that in order to be in full rebuild mode, PA might have a few moves left. Kootney has yet to join the party. Bandon and MH are substantially better, is Kootney going to compete?

At the end of the process, Regina is still a better team than MJ, PA, Saskatoon and Lethbridge.

We, as fans, have enjoyed the progress of Wagner, Harrison, Brooks, Steel and Hilsendager. Cole, Smith, McAmmond and Kroeker need more icetime (and have probably earned it). Now we get to watch the growth of Gabrielle, Krushen and Hobbs. And I think that after Pats fans get to watch Cooper game in and game out, you will really fall in love with the guy and what he will bring to the team.

Everybody has talked about sources, well I have a dude in the high level hockey sources. He has stated in his mind, Hobbs is the best 17 year old defensemen from Saskatchewan. He has also said that Jake Leschyshyn is a Grade A prospect. He has indicated that it is not 'if' he will become a WHL star, but 'when' he becomes a star.

Klimchuck, Burroughs and Hunt went to teams with a legitimate shot this year. Gay went to a team that will play in the Memorial Cup next year. Reagan went to a team that he will get a fresh start. I think that Paddock has done a service to these players.

I agree that if the Pats met Brandon or MH in a 7 game series, I can't see them being successful. I understand that upsets happen, but you can't sell your future for a chance of an upset. We knew at the beginning of the year, they were going to try to build a team around Steel, good on the Management (and Paddock) for having a plan and sticking with it.

I am going to go to the game tonight with an open mind. And as always, hope that I get to watch a good hockey game.....
I enjoyed this post. As a wheatie fan, I'd be interested to hear what your hockey contact thinks of Nolan Patrick, stelio Mattheos and the young bellerieve when your talking to him next time, thanks!

Shooter
01-07-2015, 11:31 AM
Witness Great points.....nice to see your positive feedback.

Lets bring the Riders fans out to a few games I had tickets all year and was pissed but very good entertainment even freezing my ass.

witness
01-07-2015, 11:44 AM
, I'd be interested to hear what your hockey contact thinks of Nolan Patrick, stelio Mattheos and the young bellerieve when your talking to him next time, thanks!

Have only talked to him about Patrick. He thinks that Patrick is going to be one of those players (like a Getzlaf sp??) that will be a better pro than a WHL player.

patsdude114
01-07-2015, 11:45 AM

I think Kootaney will be in talks with PA with 1 of those 19yr old Dmen they got. Maybe even Lange as a 20yr old would be considered by the Ice since they lost Tanner Faith for the rest of the year just the other day. Kootenay always seems to be a team that trades during the final hours of trade deadline though.

Sadly I don't get to go to the Pats game tonight need to finish up this damn snow hauling. I love snow as it brings money but damn it I hate it when I got to miss Pats games for work

chopper
01-07-2015, 12:01 PM
I think Kootaney will be in talks with PA with 1 of those 19yr old Dmen they got. Maybe even Lange as a 20yr old would be considered by the Ice since they lost Tanner Faith for the rest of the year just the other day. Kootenay always seems to be a team that trades during the final hours of trade deadline though.

Sadly I don't get to go to the Pats game tonight need to finish up this damn snow hauling. I love snow as it brings money but damn it I hate it when I got to miss Pats games for work

I agree with that. I suspect there could be quite a few more moves before the deadline. Kootenay will go after something yet. I think Brandon may have another deal in them as well.

The local question is…..wait for it…..will we do anything more? We have the need for another forward for sure. We have some assets sitting on our protected list that should be of some interest. I don't know why but think John might do one more deal. Just a hunch!

Does Adam Berg exist? LOL……… With his rating and the fact we have him signed I would have thought he would be here by now. We are short a forward right now and a Jr A prospect might be in order. Unless of course Paddock is looking to do a deal for another forward…with options they have I'm a bit confused why they would go shorthanded. Oh well!

sbtatter
01-07-2015, 12:05 PM
Have only talked to him about Patrick. He thinks that Patrick is going to be one of those players (like a Getzlaf sp??) that will be a better pro than a WHL player.

Thanks. He's already a heck of a WHL player so that's a high bar your buddy is setting for Patricks NHL career!

Bighat
01-07-2015, 01:47 PM
Good post shooter I've experienced some of those problems in the last year and you put it all into perspective. Pats dude I have a few good sources and some things happened that I can't mention on hear but after the season is over if you want to meet up I'll explain (off the record of course).

My buddy was part of the deal maker for the clock and he says it's the second best one in North America.

I think I'll pass on swapping weenies with you guys lol.

crashnbang
01-07-2015, 02:47 PM

No question Paddock has done a service to these guys, maybe he could have received just a little bit more back but he didn't because he wanted guys who put in their time here to be happy and go to decent teams although he obviously still thinks they are good deals for this team as do I. Reagan maybe the short straw, but now he can try to prove himself because otherwise he may be a guy that wasn't going to be back in this league next year. So good for Paddock for ensuring Klimchuk, Hunt and Gayare going to contenders this year and next and for getting Reagan to a team where he can be a regular in the lineup. Very respectful moves if you ask me.

sbtatter
01-07-2015, 05:12 PM
It's hard to hate the Pats now they have a good guy like Paddock in charge