PDA

View Full Version : NEW SCORE CLOCK - Everett Game

chopper
01-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Just read that we will be unveiling our new score clock on January 23rd. From the write up it's spectacular in every respect. Being built locally at a cost of 3 million dollars. I can't wait.

This game will seem weird but I'm anxious to see the new look team. It looks as if Everett have a real strong team. Don't what to expect but it will be very interesting.

patsdude114
01-07-2015, 11:48 AM
when I first saw this thread I pretty much said to myself.... NOOOOO as the title made it sound like it was tonight lol and I cant make it tonight which pjsses me off in the worst way.... looks like I get to listen to Phil the Thrill play by play tonight

patsdude114
01-07-2015, 11:53 AM
http://reginapats.com/video/48193#ch_380

if the clock is that exact thing from the video us Pats fans will be treated to a NHL type score clock lets just hope they have thought of some new promos to really bring out the clock itself.

Its going to be very werid watching games at the Brandt Center with a clock over center ice again

chopper
01-07-2015, 12:05 PM
It's going to be super nice, missed it for several years. Maybe having some NHL style goal lights would be a nice addition too.

Shooter
01-07-2015, 01:39 PM
TOP NOTCH BABY in Regina........some Guys laughed about this clock in the fall.
It is now REAL.

Look good, feel good, play good. This NHL CLOCK is DEADLY!!!!!

Awesome job Regina Pats Leaders and Owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Items on the Table:
1. Roughrider Cheerleaders on payroll for winter- lets get some USA college atmosphere in the stands!
2. New dressing room- heard in works already?
3. Loung/bar in Brandt arena
4. Band- We had band 1 night already and need them more it was awesome!

patsdude114
01-07-2015, 01:52 PM
There are actually a few WHL teams already who have cheerleaders at the games and in the stands getting the crowd into the game. I know for a fact Portland is 1 of them and the girls hit the ice and do dances and such. If I recall from our recent BC trip I thought it was either Vancouver of Prince George who had cheerleaders as well.

At this point in time with how damn quiet our building is cheerleaders would be a welcomed addition. Maybe some of the rider cheerleaders would be interested in wearing Pats colours as cheerleaders as well, our Ice girls are far to young to be considered cheerleaders in our stands but get some girls above 20yrs old and this could gain some traction.

Shooter
01-07-2015, 02:34 PM
Patsdude:

Ok I figured some of the stronger market franchises are actually in the entertainment business.

Pat ATTACK cheerleaders WANTED!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Fight Guy
01-07-2015, 09:42 PM
What a massacre!! I think I'll sell my tickets too...

patsdude114
01-07-2015, 10:20 PM
What a massacre!! I think I'll sell my tickets too...

im with you on that one as well... I was able to make it to the game tonight (thankfully) and was treated to the same ole Pats playing within their structure, in fact I thought the team even worked harder tonight then any other game of the year.

Everyone contributed tonight right from Christoffer down to Krushen.

That was the 1st game that I have watched Hobbs (or at least that I know of/remember) and IMHO he skates a lot better then Burroughs does, has a better shot as well and goes for the big hit even though Scherbak made him miss tonight. Hobbs also seems a lot bigger then 6'1 190 maybe its just his equipment that makes him look a lot bigger then say Hansen (6'2 200).... Now before anyone thinks im smoking crack there is 1 noticeable difference between Burroughs and Hobbs and that is Burroughs is a lot better defensively then Hobbs but that is to be fully expected as 1 is a 4yr vet where the other has only 26 games played and is 17yrs old.

I thought Cooper looked good tonight too for not having a practice with the team yet (only a day time skate), Krushen has improved each and every time he has been called up and it looks like he has filled out alittle more since training camp as well. Give this kid sometime to develop I think we have a very solid player in the making with Krushen.

One guy who has been impressing me more and more is also Mortlock he just keeps it simple each and every game. Sure he still makes some mistakes but he has what 15 regular season games in the WHL under his belt. His breakout passes are on the tape 95% of the time and his shots are always low and in the pads of the goalie.

witness
01-08-2015, 09:02 AM
I was really impressed with the boys last night. No passengers.

Brown was real good. Needs to learn to play the puck better, but was a good choice for first star.

Defensemen:
Hobbs - I can now see what the hype was about. This kid has high end potential. Fundamentally very good.
Carter - If I had a vote right now, he would be my most improved player. Play 4th D minutes and didn't hurt the team at all.
Krushen - Looks very poised for a 16 year old. there is a future for this kid.

The other guys played well, but these were the guys that caught my eye

Forwards:
Padakin, Gabrielle, Christoffer and Cole were a pain to play against all night.

Brooks - single handedly outworked 3 Sivertips to set up the second goal. Has turned into a solid WHL level player
D'Amico - I have been a fan since he was an 18 year old. Just plays the same solid way, game in and game out. That move in the offensive end in the second period was just sic! Too bad he didn't score on it.
Wagner - His speed and length still takes opposing defensemen by surprise. I think he gets a breakaway a game.
Steel - Did he ever leave the ice? He got a ton of icetime and did well.

Overall, a good game to watch. Good speed, lots of skill and a win.

Fight Guy
01-08-2015, 03:05 PM
The on thing I noticed with Brown is when he made a stop, he would freeze, assuming or hoping he had the puck when it was actually in front of him and everyone is poking at it/him. He did it three times really bad. Kind of funny I noticed this as the other night, some NHL goalie did the same thing and the panel was commenting on it. It was the exact same thing. Otherwise, he looked really good. That toe save in the second was a beaut!

Gabrielle could have some emotional issues on the ice. Might get him in trouble sometimes, but he is going to look real good with some more time here. He's already looking better and once he and other the new players learn the systems, I feel in a few weeks the Pats will look the same as before. Just new faces and younger. There will obviously be some hiccups, but as we saw last night, if the team plays hard and sticks to their game, we will see the same results as before.

As soon as Cooper gets some practices in, he will be a great addition up front. Can see he has some nice skill from when I noticed him last night. Was definitely a little lost last night.

Same goes for Hobbs. There were a few times he threw the puck into the middle of nowhere. But again, first game, no practices. Plus like mentioned, only his twenty-something game in the league. What I also did notice though is what the hype is about. He didn't look out of place at all and like Patsdude said, he seems a lot bigger than he is. Maybe he's actually grown too?!..who knows, but I can't wait to see him level some opponents. It's still early, but in hoping we got a competent replacement for Burroughs, I think we can relax a little.

Rykr Cole also keeps getting better and better with the more ice he sees. Getting some of these 19's out is really going to help some of these players get some more experience with more ice time.

As long as the team sticks to the game plan, we should see the same result. They're just going to have to work a little harder for the goals.

As for Berg, if he wants to come, awesome. If not, whatever. See if something can be got for him. Or wait till next year. Maybe his value improves with good play in the AJHL and his extra duties like the upcoming prospects game. Maybe someone comes asking for him. I have a feeling he would rather play in Alberta somewhere near home too.

chopper
01-08-2015, 04:35 PM
I just read where Adam Berg has been named to the CJHL prospects game. That's a very prestigious and helpful development for the Pats. You can be sure other teams are aware of him and his ongoing success. If he doesn't want to come here then I'm sure his value will continue to grow accumulating with this honour. Somebody will pay a good price to get him.

patsdude114
01-08-2015, 04:36 PM
As for Berg, if he wants to come, awesome. If not, whatever. See if something can be got for him. Or wait till next year. Maybe his value improves with good play in the AJHL and his extra duties like the upcoming prospects game. Maybe someone comes asking for him. I have a feeling he would rather play in Alberta somewhere near home too.

Here could be an interesting thought with Berg.... if the Pats hold onto his rights (which I think they will) and he does get drafted this year maybe the NHL team that drafts him just assigns him to Regina and tells him they want him playing under Paddock a professional Head Coach with 30yrs experience to develop him into the player they think he can be.

Paddock most definitely has connections at the NHL level and the NHL sees him as a coach that will develop the players.

I still think Berg is a very interesting piece to the Pats but if they can move him for another 17yr old or even a `98 or `99 mid tier prospect I say go and do it.

Shooter
01-08-2015, 05:33 PM
Questions:

Guys what is our average right now versus 1 week ago?

Who is the scout.....that knows out depth chart now in pats system for all positions per 50 man protected list?

Watching the flowers and crop grow is going to be fun in Queen City!

patsdude114
01-08-2015, 06:04 PM
Questions:

I don't know what it was 1 week ago and don't feel like doing anymore math but our avg age as of today (without Fuhr) is 17.77

Who is the scout.....that knows out depth chart now in pats system for all positions per 50 man protected list?

here is a link to our prospects which are all on our 50 man protective list, add in our active roster and there you go

http://www.reginapats.com/inthesystem

nivek_wahs
01-08-2015, 07:22 PM
Questions:

The average age doesn't change all that much when you only take a few years off the total age of the team. I didn't include Fuhr as he's classed as an AP and one of 2 goalies on the Estevan Bruins roster (according to their site).

PRIOR TO TRADES
BROOKS, Adam 18
BURROUGHS, Kyle 19
CHRISTOFFER, Braden 20
COLE, Rykr 17
D'AMICO, Patrick 20
GAY, Connor 19
HANSEN, Carter 19
HARRISON, Chase 18
HILSENDAGER, James 17
HUNT, Dryden 19
KLIMCHUK, Morgan 19
KROEKER, Colton 17
McAMMOND, Jared 17
PADAKIN, Pavel 20
REAGAN, Brady 17
SMITH, Luc 16
STEEL, Sam 16
WAGNER, Austin 17
WILLIAMS, Colby 19
ZBOROVSKIY, Sergey 17

BROWN, Tyler 17
WAPPLE, Daniel 19

TOTAL AGE 397
AVERAGE (22 Players) 18.05

AFTER THE DEALS
BROOKS, Adam 18
CHRISTOFFER, Braden 20
COLE, Rykr 17
COOPER, Taylor 19
D'AMICO, Patrick 20
GABRIELLE, Jesse 17
HANSEN, Carter 19
HARRISON, Chase 18
HILSENDAGER, James 17
HOBBS, Connor 17
KROEKER, Colton 17
KRUSHEN, Ryan 16
McAMMOND, Jared 17
MORTLOCK, Nathyn 18
PADAKIN, Pavel 20
SMITH, Luc 16
STEEL, Sam 16
WAGNER, Austin 17
WILLIAMS, Colby 19
ZBOROVSKIY, Sergey 17

BROWN, Tyler 17
WAPPLE, Daniel 19

TOTAL AGE 391
AVERAGE (22 Players) 17.77

RWAH
01-08-2015, 07:43 PM
That 17.77 must puts as one of if not the youngest in the dub

patsdude114
01-08-2015, 08:56 PM
That 17.77 must puts as one of if not the youngest in the dub

http://smallatlarge.blogspot.ca/2014/09/whl-roster-breakdown.html#links

it puts us 3rd youngest only behind

Saskatoon 17.70
Seattle 17.74
Regina 17.77

it shouldn't change too much as long as the roster players we add on forward are 17 or younger. I fully expect us to add 1 or 2 forwards for the rest of the season

Fight Guy
01-09-2015, 02:19 PM
Just took a quick count. There are 26 tickets left for the game on the 23rd.

nivek_wahs
01-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Just took a quick count. There are 26 tickets left for the game on the 23rd.Holy man. Not many seats left.

D cherry
01-09-2015, 02:35 PM
For the game on the January 23 the Pats should have a jersey sale on game worn jerseys . To help rise money for cheerleaders . Or someone to ask the rider cheerleaders would like to par take in the clock unveiling.
Seeing how everybody will looking at the clock and watching the new screens from time to time .