PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs Oil Kings/Raiders

Fight Guy
01-09-2015, 04:26 AM
I don't have much to say leading up other than it sounds like we're going to get our first look at Leschyshyn tonight. Excited to see his skill set.

chopper
01-09-2015, 10:12 AM
It will be nice to have a look at the young guy, as well as seeing how Cooper and Hobbs perform on an ongoing basis. I watched the MH/Vic game on Shaw last night. Hunt was the 1st star with 1g-1a (game winning goal). Burroughs was outstanding.

Very interested to see our young team going forward, but it's still nice to see those long time previous Pats doing good. The one thing I think it shows me is that the GM's around the League are starting to realize how good our talent is here. Clouston was gushing.

I think we are starting to get to a point where we have an equal place at the table. IMO good deals will be easier to make going forward for this organization. It's like perhaps we're turning a corner.

patsdude114
01-09-2015, 11:30 AM
I wonder if Jake is going to play both games this weekend or just tonight. I would think since we are short a forward he will play both

chopper
01-09-2015, 01:44 PM
I wonder if Jake is going to play both games this weekend or just tonight. I would think since we are short a forward he will play both

I would assume he might play both, being on back to back dates. I wonder if the team has any thoughts about picking up another forward, considering they are one short. Hanson could fill that void when the D is healthy. However another injury and their short again.

patsdude114
01-09-2015, 02:03 PM
Since Berg is off the table by the sounds of it who does that all leave left for possible call ups who are ready.....

Zimmer
Elmer
Woods (he is still on the list I wonder if he could be considered he is having a great season with the Pat C's)
Many Guns (recently listed but is 16 and is huge would bring a lot of size to us)
Richards (he is playing in the AJHL so he is used to playing against much older players)
Third (big kid and is local as he is playing at Norte Dame)

We have a few options that is if Paddock doesn't make a minor trade to bring in an extra body up front.

D cherry
01-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Does any body know when Hilsendager is back in the game day line up .

nivek_wahs
01-09-2015, 02:12 PM
Does any body know when Hilsendager is back in the game day line up .These are the injuries that were in today's LeaderPost:

Key injuries: REGINA — D Chase Harrison (concussion, day-to-day); D James Hilsendager (shoulder, 2-3 weeks); F Jared McAmmond (shoulder, 2-3 weeks); G Daniel Wapple (groin, day-to-day). EDMONTON — F Cole Benson (undisclosed, day-to-day); F Andrew Koep (undisclosed, TBD).

patsdude114
01-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Hilsendager and McAmmond are both 2-3 weeks with shoulder injuries as per leader post

D cherry
01-09-2015, 02:18 PM
Thank you gentlemen .

Fight Guy
01-09-2015, 02:36 PM
I wonder if Jake is going to play both games this weekend or just tonight. I would think since we are short a forward he will play bothYes, he's up for the weekend.

witness
01-09-2015, 03:42 PM
the Pats do have a couple of injuries now. We can use Leschyshyn for 5 games and Gardiner for another 3. Brady Third is playing in Notre Dame and they have easy access to him.

I like the fact that Paddock has not kept a lot of bodies around. He has made a commitment to the guys that are here and they have played on a regular bases. Practice rotations are easier and nobody is sitting for games on end. It is run more like a professional team would. Send the guys back to the AHL team to get game conditioning and playing time.

Bighat
01-09-2015, 10:35 PM
Trade Williams he just isn't that good I don't care what pats dude thinks of him and trade wappel, the kid can take the load the rest of the way. Johnny you started the fire sale you may as well complete the rebuild. Skould be an interesting day tomorrow.

Fight Guy
01-09-2015, 10:56 PM
Jarry made some great saves to night to help keep the Oil Kings in it. Pats had many golden opportunities and great scoring chances, but Jarry was there to make the big saves or the Pats got a bad bounce and couldn't bury the puck. You could tell later in the 3rd it was really starting to drag them down. Otherwise, they looked pretty good again tonight. Power Play even looked better early on. They were moving around and getting lots of shots. Get Hobbs shooting through traffic regularly and he'll start seeing the puck go in lot I think. Nice low, precise shots. Hard as hell too! Again, he's living up to the hype so far.

What I said about Brown the other night cost him a goal tonight. Not entirely his fault, but he's going to have to get better at finding the close rebounds or at least making an attempt to make sure he has it rather than freezing and hoping. He's looking good though. Will be nice to get Wapple back, but I'm not concerned with Brown in there.

Leschyshyn will step into higher minutes immediately next season as a 16 year old. Felt like he had more of an impact in this game than we saw in Steel's call up last season. Though Steel never got the same opportunity under Cameron as Paddock has given everybody this season. Definitely going to be a top player in this league one day as well. He has a really good shot and played with confidence all night. 15's will often play it safe and feel things out. He stepped right in and showed what he can do.

I noticed these last two games they have been playing a lot more physical too, especially Wagner. He's been flying around, throwing his body often. Was disappointed to see Williams get a roughing penalty for a big hit tonight. It's those kind of things that are making players scared to lay the big hit. I suppose you could argue he raised his arm on the follow through, but pretty weak call in my opinion.

...and lol Bighat...though I shouldn't say that yet in regards to Wapple. As much as he would help the Pats the rest of the season, for the right price, Brown and Fuhr would do just fine.

chopper
01-09-2015, 11:01 PM
Brandon Baddock was the difference in the game. Jarry was good but not the difference. We either couldn't or wouldn't go to the net for rebounds there. They were there but we were not for the most part. Jarry seen everything.

Baddock was sticking his gloves in our young guys faces and really nobody stood up to him. We were intimidated. They played a hard game and we didn't. I have long said this team needs a tougher guy with size and presence, evidently the coaches don't feel they do.

You could tell their size and experience was the difference. A lot of PP's but we couldn't or wouldn't go to the front of the net. It's tough to play against a much bigger experienced team. Memorial Cup Champions!

Kelowna could have taken nearly an 20 year old they wanted to fill their last OA spot. The picked Chance Braid to fill that role. Not too many points but one of the toughest guys in the League. They needed someone to protect their smaller forwards….smart move.

Fight Guy
01-09-2015, 11:21 PM
Brandon Baddock was the difference in the game. Jarry was good but not the difference. We either couldn't or wouldn't go to the net for rebounds there. They were there but we were not for the most part. Jarry seen everything.Jarry wasn't necessarily the difference, but the Pats score a few quick goals when they were peppering him, and the game is completely different. Baddock WAS huge for them. Though the Oil Kings played big, they are actually smaller than the Pats. Pats actually only have four players under 6ft now. Experience and a tougher game wore on the Pats. Though like I said, they have played a lot more physical the past two games than they have most of the season. Lets hope that continues. And maybe they're banking on making Many Guns a scary player! His size is comparable to Byfuglien at that age, but not sure he's as mean. Sounds like he can play though, so maybe he's someone who could fit on to a line with Steel come next season. Though it would be cool to get a peak at him this season, I don't think we'll get a chance till either summer camp or training camp.

RWAH
01-09-2015, 11:44 PM
I thought the PP started like gang busters but after the first 2 or 3 we had trouble even gaining the O zone. It looked like as soon as the Oil Kings pressured the puck carrier we turned the puck over. We lacked puck support all night and as some one said we played on the perimeter not in the tough areas.
I was very disappointed, IMO no urgency, no push back, no desire

chopper
01-09-2015, 11:55 PM
That kid Many Guns is the kind of kid that we've been needing, and we need to develop our own toughness. It's expensive to buy those kind of players. An old guy beside me said they don't want to touch that that guy (Baddock) and I just nodded.

I don't know if we're inflating our size on the data sheets but I sure appeared that Edmonton we're physically bigger. Perhaps if we had been able to answer the bell with Baddock, we might have have played a little bigger.

All of our PP's we simply played the umbrella and trying to T-up shots from the half wall. When we did get some through and on net, we had to come from the half wall to try and get a rebound. It was very hard to do.

These are simply observations. It's going to happen with a young team. Leadership is at a premium. The D didn't make a lot of mistakes but two key turnovers cost goals. Zabrovsky continues to be an adventure. -4 tonight.

Hopefully a lot of these issues can be corrected by the time the playoffs arrive. I'm hoping for a bounce back game against PA tomorrow. We need to get back to playing a "Hard" game.

Fight Guy
01-10-2015, 12:25 AM
Would also expect Smith to have an elevated roll next season, maybe even this season. He is also a player who will become a solid physical force. We know he is willing to be that guy out there, just needs more playing time. Paddock really likes to stick to his lines it seems though. There's definitely potential in the system now, that's for sure. That's why I'm not too concerned about the Pats picking up that kind of player this season. It's not going to hurt the younger guys to learn to battle for themselves a bit and they will get help soon enough. I think giving Smith some more ice time might help that, but like I said, not sure it will happen this year.

patsdude114
01-10-2015, 12:53 AM
Tonights game was still an enjoyable game to watch... Jarry stole the show in the 1st period as Jarry had a lot to prove against us as the 1st game EDM was here this year he put up a stinker of a game.

Our PP has been bad all year long, yes we are getting shots and chances but its been like that all year as well. Once that puck leaves the offensive zone we struggle so badly to gain the zone again with the puck, it just blows my mind away how when a man short a team can struggle this much to break into the zone.

Tonight I thought Mortlock played his worst WHL game to date, he was fighting the puck all game long. I get it he is still inexperienced and is going to have the odd bad game, just tonight was 1 of those games for him.

I think we have to all remember that this defense we are using right now is our B or even our C defense... we are missing 2 very key pieces to our defense that makes it much stronger.

Shooter
01-10-2015, 10:39 AM
Guys we played ok and had enough chances to win. I agree with Patsude we SCORE on PP and the Game totally changes. The boys gain MOMENTUM and can at loosen up and get at it.

With this younger squad the Power Play needs to WORK. I think we need 3 units and focus and practice until perfect and it will work!

A few areas that are causing the PP to have issues. Entry on attach at blue line we need to gain with more speed and control puck and pull d with entry. If we gamble and dump puck we have to recover it and win races to pucks with this dump or ****ed. We need set puck management dumps and should know what goalies play puck aggressive etc. and area of weakness.

A PP is to really to create a 2 on 1. We need to remember this. Do not force shot all time be patient and only takes 1 shot for goal.

They will get it done and yes realistically has struggled to date. I know coaches will get it running on all cylinders soon.

Last item if players are standing stationary all PP are useless And I see many not in the ready stance when they get puck.....which is a real concern.

Keys to Winning:
Win more 1 on 1 Battles
Improve Manage Puck
Skate to Get Open on Ice for Passes
Pass Puck and Headman to Create 2 on 1s
Defence NO Rimming Pucks in Defensive Zone
Limit Blue Line Offence and Defence Tuenovers
Win faceoffs and battles for pucks.
I feel our shifts are too long I would like to see more intensity vs long shifts. A net gain results proven and allows us to use our speed!
More physical engagement if hit is available.
PP- will improve as it can't get any worse!
Smile it's just a game. In game or in the way!

chopper
01-10-2015, 10:39 AM
I thought the PP started like gang busters but after the first 2 or 3 we had trouble even gaining the O zone. It looked like as soon as the Oil Kings pressured the puck carrier we turned the puck over. We lacked puck support all night and as some one said we played on the perimeter not in the tough areas.
I was very disappointed, IMO no urgency, no push back, no desire

The PP was what sucked our energy last night. Going 0-9 really hurts. What most teams do to us is line up 4 across the blue line and we have trouble entering the zone. We need to chip it in and have someone recover the puck and start our set-up.

When we try to carry it in they simply knock us off the puck and send us back. When we are able to set up we play our PP on the outside. We played into Jarry's hands because he had little traffic. Like Adam Brooks said they didn't go to the greasy areas.

Jarry is a good goalie and what he can see he will stop. He really only had a couple flurries. Padakin got into his eyes and deflected a puck in. We needed more guys willing to pay the price to stand in front of the net. Maybe use big Smith or Kroeker. We still need some toughness from somewhere. I don't like 17's having to fight 19's. I seen that a lot of that in the Bill Hicke days. By going younger teams will try to intimidate you if they can. Christopher is going to need to be there as much as he can, they'll need him.

patsdude114
01-10-2015, 12:20 PM
One would think that a team like the Pats sitting in 5th in the league would have a better PP then sitting in 19th in the league which is also the 2nd worst PP on home ice in the league. A few more PP goals here and there and maybe the Pats are in the top 3 in the league in terms of standings.

Our PK has really jumped as we are now 16th in the league on the PK as we have killed off 26 of 26 since the xmas break. But tonight we are playing a team that has murdered us on the PP all year long but lets hope that doesn't continue.

Shooter
01-10-2015, 12:47 PM
Yes get PP rolling and look out!

Bighat
01-10-2015, 04:35 PM
When teams are lined up 4 across like last we should have scored 3 out of 9 pp. stationary on the blue line we could have created 2-1 all nite by dumping it in right over the red line at full speed. Trying to skate into the zone with your teammates standing still nets you last nights results. We're trying to be too fancy on the pp we need to get some traffic in front of the net.

chopper
01-10-2015, 10:43 PM
Not much to like about tonights game. Very little maybe Cooper.

Cooper is very handy around the net and he could end up being our leading scorer. Not bad for what was basically a throw in deal.

This is a brand new club and it looks the part. Paddock essentially has to rebuild and restructure this club. It's like coming out of training camp in many ways. Things may get worse before they get better.

I said earlier they would likely go on a 5 game losing streak. Two so far and now into a tough Central swing. They are missing two regular d-men and their #1 goalie. It's showing.

They need to get healthy on defence and I think they really mis McAmmond who is a physical player. They need to sort out some things and get back to simpler game.

Bighat
01-10-2015, 10:49 PM
Well the flood gates are starting to open. We need to call up a player that can play in this league leshychen almost had his career ended tonite. We all were talking about the play behind the net where he sh*t his pants in the second period. Maybe brown isn't quite ready to carry the load. Our defence needs some serious help, and so does our power play that was brutal tonite.

On a side note i see Burroughs and gay are having a good nite. It was a nice letter hunts dad wrote to the pats and their fans, I'm glad he mentioned Brent Parker, he treated the kids very well.

sbtatter
01-11-2015, 10:31 AM
Well the flood gates are starting to open. We need to call up a player that can play in this league leshychen almost had his career ended tonite. We all were talking about the play behind the net where he sh*t his pants in the second period. Maybe brown isn't quite ready to carry the load. Our defence needs some serious help, and so does our power play that was brutal tonite.

On a side note i see Burroughs and gay are having a good nite. It was a nice letter hunts dad wrote to the pats and their fans, I'm glad he mentioned Brent Parker, he treated the kids very well.

Did leshychen take a hard hit? Do you have a link for hunts letter?

patsdude114
01-11-2015, 12:04 PM
http://www.leaderpost.com/touch/story.html?id=10717522

That link should work for it

As for Jake I don't know I must of missed his big hit he took maybe it happened when I went to take a leak..... I know Steel got lite up pretty good just as we went on the PP I think it was Heffley that got Steel but it was a clean check

D cherry
01-11-2015, 01:45 PM
I hope that Wapple gets Health soon . I believe that he could have made a difference in last night game and as for, Mortlack has struggled in the last two games to fast for him maybe .As for Sam getting lite up, its going to happen to him a lot as teams or going to key on him .

Fight Guy
01-11-2015, 02:59 PM
I'm glad he mentioned Brent Parker, he treated the kids very well.Unfortunately, being a nice guy doesn't make you a good GM. Nice guys finish last...

Fight Guy
01-11-2015, 03:28 PM
I also didn't see Leschyshyn's career almost ended. Didn't see anybody's career almost ended last night. Also, looked to me like Leschyshyn CAN play in this league. I think someone is just upset because the Pats didn't 'Parker' the deadline.

This team kind of looks like the same Pats team from the beginning of the season, when everyone was still learning systems and building chemistry. I'll start to worry when the same results are happening in a few weeks. Otherwise, you're going to drive yourself crazy thinking 17's are going to come in a take right over where the previous 19's left off. Or a 15 for that matter...

Again, the Pats had their chances, but just couldn't bury them. Again, if the Pats score on some of their opportunities or Parenteau doesn't stand on his head like he did at times, the score could be different.

And the PP struck a whole new low...though I think you can thank Draisaitl for those shorties, to an extent. Schmidli and Glover are going to be huge for the Raiders. Pats got a taste of their own medicine last night with those shorties.

My first beef with Hobbs... puck control. He loses the puck off his stick far too easily. I'm sure this will get better over time, but it was a glaring issue last night. Otherwise, I think it's Johnny Boychuck I'm seeing coming out in Hobbs...

Bighat
01-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Second period behind pa's net leshychen with his head down moved out of the way at the last second, 6 of us all said " bet he sh*t his pants their".

I could give 2 fu**s that we didn't "Parker it" as you say. I'm upset that we didn't get enough for our players Plain and simple. I don't like Gabrielle, I think Hobbs will be a star, and leshychen is too small but looks to have an upside.

chopper
01-11-2015, 05:31 PM
I also didn't see Leschyshyn's career almost ended. Didn't see anybody's career almost ended last night. Also, looked to me like Leschyshyn CAN play in this league. I think someone is just upset because the Pats didn't 'Parker' the deadline.

This team kind of looks like the same Pats team from the beginning of the season, when everyone was still learning systems and building chemistry. I'll start to worry when the same results are happening in a few weeks. Otherwise, you're going to drive yourself crazy thinking 17's are going to come in a take right over where the previous 19's left off. Or a 15 for that matter...

Again, the Pats had their chances, but just couldn't bury them. Again, if the Pats score on some of their opportunities or Parenteau doesn't stand on his head like he did at times, the score could be different.

And the PP struck a whole new low...though I think you can thank Draisaitl for those shorties, to an extent. Schmidli and Glover are going to be huge for the Raiders. Pats got a taste of their own medicine last night with those shorties.

My first beef with Hobbs... puck control. He loses the puck off his stick far too easily. I'm sure this will get better over time, but it was a glaring issue last night. Otherwise, I think it's Johnny Boychuck I'm seeing coming out in Hobbs...

I think your second beef should be with Zobrovsky who was -6 this weekend and Mortlock -4. They were purple pee putrid. Hobbs was our only plus d-man on the weekend and Krushen was at 0. Krushen may be a really good player. Hobbs has the tools to be an elite player.

Your right about our PP. It's bad and sucking the energy out of this team. They need to score on 5 on 3's. If you don't you most always lose the game. Even one of those 5-3's and it's 6-6 going into OT. And this game showed what substandard goaltending will do for you. Flashbacks of MacAuley in my mind.

My opinion is the return was light on some trades, and we paid too much for others. Regardless the deals are done so we live with it. Gabrielle and Hobbs are not initially going to bring what Burroughs, Klimchuk, Gay and Hunt would have. There is a lot missing. It will take time for these young guys we got to get to that maturity and strength level to where they are stars.

We didn't bring someone like Carter Folk into the fold and that was a big mistake. Even if one of our kids is cheap shotted, who do we have to answer the bell? I would like to see this kid Many Guns as that 's what we really need now from what we have at our disposal. We shouldn't feed our small youngsters to the wolves, and believe me they're out there. People call for suspensions when one of our kids are fouled. It makes no sense to me that a four game suspension is given to someone, and we lose a player for a month or two. It needs to be understood we don't tolerate that type of play, and we will do whatever necessary to police the situation ourselves.

RWAH
01-12-2015, 04:47 PM
Great news Wapple practised today

Bartholamew
01-12-2015, 06:28 PM
I hear James Hilsendager is also practicing. He can't be far off. :clap: Was Harrison skating yet?

Fight Guy
01-12-2015, 09:46 PM
Sounds like Harrison is the other one skating. I think Hilsendager and McAmmond are both out with shoulder injuries and the same time frame. Harrison was day to day before.

I actually didn't realize how bad Zborovskiy and Mortlock's +/- was. Wouldn't use that as the best measuring stick either, but I do recall key give aways by both.

Krushen looks like he's played in the league for a year already. Really kind of surprised how composed he looks out there, and he doesn't make many mistakes! He's looking really good right now.

Again, I still feel like getting Smith more ice time would be beneficial. He's going to be a big, skilled guy who is also willing to stand up to anybody. He could help fill that roll. The fact that he has some hands makes me think he would be good in front of the net in tight places, or making room for Steel and such. Though I think as time goes on here, Gabrielle is going to start to toughen up. He showed it progressively these past two games. His potential feistiness is something the Pats haven't had for awhile now. With him and Cole both willing to go, with more time I think we'll see them get even more often. My guess is that's why they are on a line with Steel right now. Otherwise, Christoffer would have to be there. Like you said (chopper), those big, tough players aren't cheap to come by and I don't think it was in the plans this season considering the potential there is in the system. Time will tell. I think we'd all love to see what Many Gun can do! I wonder if he realizes how popular he is among the Pats fans that are aware of him?!

Also, Phil says Elmer is up for this coming road trip. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

patsdude114
01-12-2015, 10:17 PM
I had mentioned the possibility of Elmer, Many Guns or Richards as possible call ups for this road trip into AB on my blog but looks like the Pats went with Elmer which isn't a bad choice by any means.

Fight Guy you are right for us fans who are in the know and keep tabs on the Pats prospects (draft picks & list players) we all seem to agree on one thing and that's we want to see what Many Guns can do on our roster (if anything at all) the guy is big we all know that and we all know guys with this size are a rare find. Its hard to tell if the guy likes to scrap at all as there isn't much scrapping to begin with in the Midget leagues, I wonder if he was given the chance to scrap in a league where you would not get kicked out of the game if he would take that chance and do so with his size & what im assuming is strength as well.

Fight Guy
01-12-2015, 10:48 PM
You mentioned Zimmer on your blog. I have a feeling the Zimmer ship has sailed. I think he has been squeezed out by other '97s for the rest of this season, unless he is the most convenient in a tight squeeze. Otherwise, it seems Paddock is more interested in getting the younger guys into some games. I think Zimmer's going to have to come into camp next season and prove he should stick around, or else he gets traded at some point. It seems the Pats actually have some really good looking prospects coming up and have a feeling next season's camp is going to be especially tough for the coaches.

chopper
01-12-2015, 11:02 PM
I have noticed this season that Christopher seems to have toned his game down a lot. I'm not entirely convinced that it's for the better. Being "truculent" is what got him to where he is today. He is not a goal scorer, he is a rugged winger and he shouldn't forget that. The young guys need his intervention and need to know he's there and has their backs.

Gabrielle is also a player of that ilk who really hasn't shown that much of it to date. Again I think he needs to be the player that got him to where he is. The player that was a pain in everyone's butt last year. He needs to be engaged and involved.

I'm a little afraid that perhaps Paddocks has got them under to tight reigns. He was a good pro-coach but things are different in the WHL. 19-20 year olds tend to eat 16-17 year olds for lunch. Intimidation is a big part of the Major Junior game. He has to understand that.

patsdude114
01-13-2015, 12:14 AM
You mentioned Zimmer on your blog. I have a feeling the Zimmer ship has sailed. I think he has been squeezed out by other '97s for the rest of this season, unless he is the most convenient in a tight squeeze. Otherwise, it seems Paddock is more interested in getting the younger guys into some games. I think Zimmer's going to have to come into camp next season and prove he should stick around, or else he gets traded at some point. It seems the Pats actually have some really good looking prospects coming up and have a feeling next season's camp is going to be especially tough for the coaches.

I was kind of wondering the same thing about the Zimmer ship possibly sailing away but we also have to remember he is still only 17 and he was on the roster last year with very limited playing time which really hurt his development. He is averaging just over a point/game in the MJHL which hopefully helps his confidence. Remember when we sent D'Amico down to the MJHL last year and Im sure most of us felt his WHL days were over but he started to produce and gain some confidence and has came back and hasn't looked back.....

Maybe Zimmer can do the same thing, I really feel he was done wrong last year as a 16yr old who shouldn't of been kept up. He will be in tough though to crack the roster again next season with so many quality 98's ready for the next step as well as forsure (2) 99's in Leschyshyn and Gardiner who will be given every chance to make the roster, who knows there may even be a case for Haden as well.

BTW thanks Fight Guy for checking out the new blog its been fun so far to have something to work on with Pats info.... my first ever crack at a blog still learning the tools with BlogSpot

Crofter
01-13-2015, 10:48 AM
...of Elmer, Many Guns or Richards as possible call ups for this road trip into AB on my blog but looks like the Pats went with Elmer which isn't a bad choice by any means. .....

Wait? Many Guns is someone's proper name?

Fight Guy
01-13-2015, 11:21 AM
Trygve Many Guns :)

patsdude114
01-13-2015, 03:10 PM
With a name like Many Guns how could he not become a fan favorite

chopper
01-13-2015, 03:15 PM

:D I like how you think…I get it!

Elmer is a great choice. He is an elite prospect who has all the tools and I think will be a "sniper".

The last time I checked Haden out of Airdrie was near the top 10 of the Alberta Midget AAA scoring, or at least close to it. (update: he has dropped a bit but still has 28 points in 29 games! as a 15 year old)

Zimmer is scoring near a point a game in the MJHL.

Many Guns dimensions are very exciting, and I understand he can also score. If he brings a physical presence then that's going to be a win for us.

Fight Guy
01-13-2015, 03:44 PM
Not sure you realize 'chopper', but that's actually his first name! It's too perfect!

sbtatter
01-13-2015, 10:23 PM

That's right up there with Steele Boomer!! Great name!