PDA

View Full Version : MJ at PATS & SCORECLOCK Event

Shooter
01-20-2015, 11:07 AM
What is the projected attendance?

Parking will be fun.

patsdude114
01-20-2015, 02:47 PM
from the looks of the seating chart there is only 4 tickets left to be bought all singles

2 in section 211
1 in section 119
1 in section 121

RWAH
01-20-2015, 08:01 PM
looking forward to the light show that will go with the clock. the new lights are LED instant on and instant off and as LED should be colored as well so we should be in for a strobe show.

patsdude114
01-21-2015, 06:47 PM
Well as of today it is official the game on Friday is a complete sell out. It's been awhile since we have had a complete sell out for a regular season game, and it's sad that a score clock is the reason behind the sell out and not the team or the game itself. I remember the days when anytime MJ would visit it was always very close to a sell out, sadly that hasn't been the case ever since MJ got their new rink...... Coincidence maybe???? I know for myself it's just not the same going to MJ for a pats warriors game in the new rink, sure the seats are more comfy, you don't have to worry about slipping and falling down the many coats of paint in the stairs but that rink was epic to watch a hockey game in

patsdude114
01-21-2015, 08:25 PM
For any Pats or Warriors fans that would like to add in comments to my blog post about The Rivarly That Was please feel free to make comments as you see fit.

I do not view this so called 'rivalry' as a rivalry at all anymore its more less just another game during the 72 game season.

http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/2015/01/the-rivalry-that-was.html

patsdude114
01-22-2015, 10:24 PM
Well I thought tonight since Jake Leschyshyn was coming to town with his midget team that I would check out my first Pat C's game in about 10 years or so and I was treated to not a bad game at all for the whole $7 that it costed to get in the doors.

The Pat C's have a few pretty big kids who have some decent skill the Blazers don't have a heck of a lot after Jake Leschyshyn.

Riley Woods was a stand out forsure as was Owen Sillinger (Portland list player if I recall correct now)

I left when it was 5-2 Pat C's with about 5 or 6 mins left, its crazy seeing a few totally wasted people at a Midget AAA game the big beers were a flowing tonight lol

Shooter
01-23-2015, 09:41 AM
AAA MIDGET:

Pats dude were you Drinking the beers and left early so you did not hit anyone in parking lot? Lol.

Blazers are struggling with a record of 9 wins and 25 losses however Leschyshyn is playing HUGE minutes and special teams and is averaging near a point a game.

Jake Leschyshyn shut down last night by Pat Canadians? did he have some good chances?

The parity of the AAA Midget league seems to be crazy this year very interesting with a the 2 Notre Dame teams with 1 team beating the other 10-0.

Lots of blow out scores as well and some teams with sputtering limited offence. The league seems to be... younger as well other than teams that are near top in standings.

The real question is are the Pat Cs deep enough to win the league?

patsdude114
01-23-2015, 01:03 PM
haha no I wasn't the one drinking last night, not much of a drinker these days due to the natural of my business.

Im not sure on the ages of both teams but the Pat C's were a much bigger team and had way more skill then the Blazers. For the most part the Pat C's had Woods line against Leschyshyn. Jake had 1 dangle but by the time he got around the last Dman he ran himself out of space to get a quality shot on goal. Jake also set up 1 of his teammates for a great chance but he bobbled the pass and by the time he was able to get a shot off the goalie was ready and set.

Woods on the other hand was a very dominate player, him and Sillinger alone are worth the $7 admission. Both are very talented 16yr olds, Woods looks like he has gotten alittle bit bigger and stronger since training camp. Owen Sillinger is following in his father's footsteps as a dominate centerman, I think he maybe lost 5 or 6 faceoffs all game and he took a lot of them.

Anyways that's my experience from a recent Midget AAA game and I think ill be attending another 1 on feb 7th (as long as the Pats are not playing) as the Pat C's faceoff against Erik Gardiner and the PA Mintos.

Oh ya 1 more side note about that game last night..... there was 5 coaches in total who had NHL or pro hockey experience so its not just the major junior level getting these guys to give back to their roots.

nivek_wahs
01-23-2015, 01:09 PM
Woods on the other hand was a very dominate player, him and Sillinger alone are worth the $7 admission. Both are very talented 16yr olds, Woods looks like he has gotten alittle bit bigger and stronger since training camp. Owen Sillinger is following in his father's footsteps as a dominate centerman, I think he maybe lost 5 or 6 faceoffs all game and he took a lot of them. Sillinger is 17.

patsdude114
01-23-2015, 02:38 PM
Sillinger is 17.

ahh ok thanks for that thought he was 16 as well

Bartholamew
01-23-2015, 07:44 PM
James Hilsendager's youngest brother Daniel has been called up to play with the Midget AAA Hounds Saturday against the Pat C's.

chopper
01-23-2015, 10:45 PM
It's hard to win a game when you play the first 10 and last 5 only. We were soft all night long and didn't win any battles until the 6 minute mark of the third. We need to be much better than we were tonight, and I'm hopeful we will. If all else fails work hard for 60.

This team likes to play fast but we also need to be greasy more often. IMO the officials had a bad night all night. Vetter wasn't impressive in the least. In the OT Williams has his stick slashed out of his hands, no call, and then they get Zabrovsky on a weak one. :clown:

I won't blame the officials for the loss because this game should have never got to overtime. If we play a 60 minute game it does't but it appears that is an illusive beast for us right now. Hopefully they get this worked out soon. Our D needs to improve it's play.

Bighat
01-23-2015, 10:46 PM
Nice clock, good crowd, that's where it stops. The veterans on this team have given up, I've seen it first hand tonite and heard it. This team will not play .333 hockey the rest of the season, lucky to play .250. I don't care what the rest of you say, or think. There should have been a big hit or fight to get them going tonite and nothing. This team has quit. Williams, Christopher this team needs your leadership and they were awful tonite. Great nite for Gabrielle to step up and get the team going (nothing). Well at least we get watch a new big screen tv.

Bartholamew
01-23-2015, 10:46 PM
I had to go to work for the last period and the OT. Did anyone see what Sergey did to warrant a misconduct?:confused:

patsdude114
01-23-2015, 10:48 PM
what a frustrating game to watch yet again.... we play so damn soft we step up where we could actually make a hit and we let the opposition off without even bumping them. Im really starting to think that its how our coaching staff wants us to play, when Gabrielle played in BRN he never thought twice about laying the body since being in Regina he has stepped up on a guy and rarely ever delivers a check. We play with 20 players as soft as Kessel just no 1 that can shoot like him.

We played the whole game waiting for something to happen instead of making things happen for ourselves. Its a trait that is very common for a young team but they got to to figure it out soon unless they enjoy losing games that they could of easily won. We played maybe 15-17 mins of hockey tonight and got 1 point out of it, what is the end result if we play a full 60mins?????

Fight Guy
01-23-2015, 10:51 PM
Well, besides the scoreboard being down right ridiculous and the new lighting being super cool(other than the dark edges and corners on the ice), the Pats played horrible.

A lot of standing around or not going for the puck. Williams was pure garbage tonight. Christoffer was bad tonight too. He's trying to be 'that guy' or 'the captain', but he's trying too hard or something. There were more also, but they stood out. I was really happy with Gabrielle though. He played hard every shift out there. All in all, the Warriors out played the Pats and the Pats pretty well let it happen. When was the last time they were out shot that bad??

Won't blame the loss on the ref, because the Pats didn't deserve it at all, but the tripping call on Zborovskiy was garbage. I don't like that call in regulation, let alone in OT. Sounds like Zborovskiy tapped the ref on the leg and said something after also and got an extra misconduct. That was also the most life I saw out of Williams all night, was him yelling at the ref.

I've only been upset once or twice all season due to the Pats overall play, but tonight was especially irritating.

D cherry
01-23-2015, 11:06 PM
Zborovskiy needs to sit out a couple of night to watch a game . Shorten the d to five . The pp was not there. They played some better hockey short handed .MJ wanted it more .

Fight Guy
01-23-2015, 11:33 PM
D Cherry...the Pats PP is NEVER there, and it's no secret the Pats are much MUCH better on the PK.

Patsdude...I noticed a few times Gabrielle WAS trying to get things going and did do some greasy things, but the one time I thought he was going to actually get in a fight, Christoffer pulled him off. I think it was after Wapple got crowded with sticks with the puck covered. I'm starting to wonder that about the coaches too. I see a lot of potential in a lot of players to be tough and physical, and we see it, only it's just once every now and then from certain players. Wagner runs around hitting only some games. Christoffer is a loose canon some games and tonight, he's trying to stop anything like that. It's hard to know for sure what the coaching staff wants.

I also have to agree about the vets giving up, to an extent. Christoffer has been touched on, but D'Amico... He surprised me with his lack of care tonight. Cooper continues to look good. I won't say the TEAM has quit, but tonight there was definitely a lot of laziness.

Bighat
01-23-2015, 11:45 PM
Our record since the last trade is 1-6 I see us only winning 8 more games. No leadership on the team. I thought wappel might have played his best Game of the year tonite made some huge saves.

chopper
01-23-2015, 11:50 PM
what a frustrating game to watch yet again.... we play so damn soft we step up where we could actually make a hit and we let the opposition off without even bumping them. Im really starting to think that its how our coaching staff wants us to play, when Gabrielle played in BRN he never thought twice about laying the body since being in Regina he has stepped up on a guy and rarely ever delivers a check. We play with 20 players as soft as Kessel just no 1 that can shoot like him.

We played the whole game waiting for something to happen instead of making things happen for ourselves. Its a trait that is very common for a young team but they got to to figure it out soon unless they enjoy losing games that they could of easily won. We played maybe 15-17 mins of hockey tonight and got 1 point out of it, what is the end result if we play a full 60mins?????

I agree that both Christopher and Gabrielle haven't been the same players they were before the trades, on on a different team. Both of those guys need to be scrappers and mockers since that's what they do best. They are not ever going to be danglers.

Paddock wants a puck control speed game but you need two things to do that. #1 you need d-men who can move the puck up and out quickly. #2 you need very highly skilled forwards. With the exception of Steel, Brooks, and perhaps Cooper we don't have many.

We have some speed, power, but little grit. I don't want to see this team become like the MH Tigers who score big and have great seasons but never do very well in the playoffs. You also need size and grit. Geulph were terrified by Edmonton's size and it showed.

I don't agree with Paddock holding back his grit being afraid to take penalties. When you play too passive you end up taking them anyway. Tonight is the proof. The junior game is different than the pro game. Emotion and intimidation are big parts.

Teams are starting to learn how to play us, much like we used to do to fast team we played in the past. We need to get harder, a lot harder.

Bighat
01-24-2015, 11:12 AM
Pats might not make it to brandon for tonites game the roads are pretty bad.

chopper
01-24-2015, 11:18 AM
D Cherry...the Pats PP is NEVER there, and it's no secret the Pats are much MUCH better on the PK.

Patsdude...I noticed a few times Gabrielle WAS trying to get things going and did do some greasy things, but the one time I thought he was going to actually get in a fight, Christoffer pulled him off. I think it was after Wapple got crowded with sticks with the puck covered. I'm starting to wonder that about the coaches too. I see a lot of potential in a lot of players to be tough and physical, and we see it, only it's just once every now and then from certain players. Wagner runs around hitting only some games. Christoffer is a loose canon some games and tonight, he's trying to stop anything like that. It's hard to know for sure what the coaching staff wants.

I also have to agree about the vets giving up, to an extent. Christoffer has been touched on, but D'Amico... He surprised me with his lack of care tonight. Cooper continues to look good. I won't say the TEAM has quit, but tonight there was definitely a lot of laziness.

Fight Guy..I agree with many of these comments as well. It does seem as if we are playing far too timid. It's like the HC has got these guys more concerned about taking that extra aggressive penalty than playing with an edge. There is something really missing.

Gabrielle hasn't been himself. Luke Smith has been playing like he has eggs in his pockets. Christopher has backed off a lot and Wagner is only sporadic. D'Amico has completely changed since the trades and getting a letter. Right now he is disappointing.

We can't expect our young guys to put out if our vets aren't doing so. Leaders need to lead in order for followers to follow. IMO right now that's missing in spades. We all knew this was the risk of going so young so soon. Sometimes it works well but not always.

patsdude114
01-24-2015, 03:59 PM
I think just our biggest issue with this team after going so young is just consistency which is normal with a young team. I would love to see us become more engaged in physical play though and its really making me think its the coaching staff that doesn't want us making big hits. Like I remember reading early in the year when Paddock had said something along the lines of 'he doesn't want to see big hits in the 3rd period cause the ref may make a mistake and call a penalty' It just seems that he is preaching that for the entire game now since we are a team that takes a lot of penalties as it is.

We really need to learn how to run a PP though its so depressing watching our PP... its been a very long time since I have seen a PP that bad, a PP that struggles to even gain the zone. I think on the PP we need to go to a more setup type rush which means standing behind the net and waiting for things to get setup like we have done in the past years, this whole hurry up and attack on the PP does not work cause there is no forecheck as teams just wait in the netural zone for us to attack with no speed. Its easy to defend when a team comes at you with no speed and your waiting for it