PDA

View Full Version : BRANDON GAME - GABRIELLE RETURN

chopper
01-24-2015, 06:10 PM
Jesse gets to return and play a role against his old mates. A lot of times these things get over-hyped and don't amount to much. Gabrielle if he is playing the way he plays best, could be a positive factor for us. He can't try to play like Phil Kessel…LOL.

It's always tough to win on the road so he along with everyone else will need to be many times over, better than last night. The vets are going to need to decide if they want to step up or step back. Hopefully it's the latter.

witness
01-24-2015, 08:11 PM
Oh good!!!!
The Pats drew Vetter again.
I wonder if he can screw up this game too

patsdude114
01-24-2015, 08:18 PM
Oh good!!!!
The Pats drew Vetter again.
I wonder if he can screw up this game too

I find this very odd but the Pats got the exact same 2 refs that were doing last nights games... that is very rare

Plus on a side note Cameron Hughes (if I spelt that right) is also in BRN tonight too

Fight Guy
01-24-2015, 08:19 PM
Missed too many men on Brandon lead to the Wheat Kings first goal...

Bighat
01-24-2015, 09:30 PM
1-7 .143 winning %.

sbtatter
01-24-2015, 11:13 PM
Steel looked really tired, the pats all looked like they ran out of gas after thirty minutes. The first thirty they really frustrated Bdn with a good forechecking, but Bdn found a way to beat the forechecking, that and the PP turned the tide. Refs didn't appear to be a factor. What did paddock say after the game? Gabrielle looked like he wanted to fight someone, but the wk just ignored him so he didn't have an impact. Wapple was the better goalie in the first two periods as well. Good job for Regina that swift are also tanking since the deadline so home advantage in the first round is still a possibility

patsdude114
01-24-2015, 11:15 PM
To be fair we were struggling before the xmas break and before the trades. It's too easy to pin it all on the trades. But you know what I could careless if we don't win another game all year it will only make these player hungary for next season when they are all a year older and stronger. This is what was needed to be done for this team to become a contender in the years to come, be mad all you want but these fans will be the first to be praising the team/franchise when we are a legit contender and have a team that we can be proud of year in and year out.

sbtatter
01-24-2015, 11:16 PM
To be fair we were struggling before the xmas break and before the trades. It's too easy to pin it all on the trades. But you know what I could careless if we don't win another game all year it will only make these player hungary for next season when they are all a year older and stronger. This is what was needed to be done for this team to become a contender in the years to come, be mad all you want but these fans will be the first to be praising the team/franchise when we are a legit contender and have a team that we can be proud of year in and year out.

Yeah it's going to be really interesting watching these two teams battle the next two seasons!

D cherry
01-24-2015, 11:59 PM
Harrison and Hanson are vets for the D line. Sure don't look like vets in the way they play .at least Williams try's to give a effort .

Bighat
01-25-2015, 12:13 AM
You need a culture to be successful and right now the players have quit and that doesn't transfer into future success. The kids on this team have no veterans to teach them. None, the leaders have been traded. You have to be careful how you blow up a team. Just take lethbridge for example and don't tell me they are different because rich Preston did the exact same thing for a rebuild. Your just being an ******** if you don't care if we don't win another game because the kids need to learn how to win. Yes we needed to trade klimmer, and Burroughs but that was it. There is not one leader on this team, well maybe one and he is wappel. The lack of veteran leadership will also be there next year. We were 8-2 before the trades but your right they were close games. We won though with heart which is surely lacking now. Oh well we have a big clock to watch

chopper
01-25-2015, 10:20 AM
From what I seen this wasn't an 8-3 game. We were in this game for 30 minutes. The tying goal in the 2nd goes in off a skate and we "sagged badly". We could have cleared but failed to make simple plays and gave up two pp goals before the end of the 2nd , 4-2.

Much like the night before our PK isn't the same anymore. Wagner makes a horrible turnover and Blumqvist scores. Take that goal away and we win in regulation. In the 3rd on Friday Wapple misplays a puck and we/re down 3-1. Too may errors.

In the 3rd last night Wapple misplays 2 pucks and it's 6-2 including a goal off a skate. Pilon gets his stick on puck going wide 8-2. Two misplayed pucks, two goals off skates and one on a puck going wide. That was the game last night in a nutshell.

This game got out of sync in the 2nd on the tying goal. The team sagged badly and none of the veterans picked up the team. D'Amico, Christopher, Hanson, Harrison are playing like they don't give a crap. Williams has been just OK but needs to be much better.

Padakin seems to be the only vet who cares, and at least he's trying. Steel's been worked to death lately with first line type minutes, pp and pk. It's too much for him but Paddock doesn't have anything else. I wasn't a fan before. but Brooks is bright light this year.

In his post game comments Paddock was asked who stood out and he mentioned Rykr Cole but nobody else. If Cole was our most consistent performer then that is very worrisome to say the least.

On the road and in tough situations the vets need to show the way. As of late that hasn't been happening enough for us. On Friday when we needed two goals to tie it was a 19 and a 20 year old who came through. 16 and 17 year olds rarely do that.

We were winning close game before the trade because Klimchuk, Hunt, Gay, and Burroughs were coming through. How about the many shootout and overtime goals Gay has scored. Had we one sniper we could have won in Red Deer last week.

When you look at MJ and Lethbride the losing culture from last season has carried on. PA and PG have tried going very young and they have struggled. At least last year Cameron's winning culture developed our 18 year olds and it's the reason for our good first half.

While I agreed with some trades, the moving of Gay and Hunt hurt the most. That's 2/3 of a dynamic line and veteran presence and has not been replaced. D'Amico has tanked without them. I hope things improve because I don't want to see a losing culture develop.

sbtatter
01-25-2015, 11:57 AM
I'm not going to pretend to know how your dismantling of the team is going to work out in the long run, but if you look at the four big trades you made, it might have been a bit too much in one trading period? The klimchuck for Gabrielle makes sense IMO, you knew klimchuck wasn't coming back and you get a good player for the next 2.5 years in return, and that Gabrielle was worth a lot more than half a year of klimchuck but he and his family forced mcrimmons hand. Cooper for regan was also a good move to get some veteran savvy. The trade for Hobbs seemed like a high price to pay for a guy who you don't know if he will turn into a top two damn.you gave up hunt who has another year in the dub and Burroughs who could be back, the 2nd and 3rd picks will likely have to be good players to even this trade up, especially if Burroughs plays his overage year in med hat. The leschyshin trade seems quite expensive as well, losing gay and and the 1st and 2nd round picks for a guy who isn't projected to be a steel type star, there's a lot of pressure on leschyshin to perform. I guess on the flip side everything the new ownership group and paddock have done so far has turned to gold, so why wouldn't all these trades work out as well? The interesting thing is, these moves were made to build around steel for the 16/17 season, and that year brandon are still going to be really strong, Patrick, kaspick, claque, Mattheos, Lewis Shmyr, mcisaac, taraschuck, coulter are going to be a seasoned team of veterans who won't role over to the stacked pats. I give props to Regina for making the very bold moves, and look forward to the next two seasons of battles, like I said no one can confidently say the moves are great or terrible, just like we can't say whether steel or Patrick will turn into the better whl or nhl star yet, I do think the pats have a decided edge in on ice coaching

patsdude114
01-25-2015, 04:02 PM
Ive been thinking lately maybe Paddock could put back together a line that had a lot of success last season under Cameron.... Once Hilsendager comes back from injury I would like to see Paddock put back together the Christoffer/D'Amico/Hansen line...They were a force a lot of games last season in their role of a shutdown line as well as a line that could chip in from time to time.

We may of paid abit higher prices for players we wanted but if it was Paddock who seeked out these trades the 1 who is making the call always pays a higher a price cause it shows 'you have something I want'

There is no way Sutter makes that trade involving Leschyshyn unless he is getting a player back that will have an impact on his Memorial Cup year. He could of used Leschyshyn next season as a major piece to land a top end 19yr old. IMO if I was a Rebels fan and Sutter gave up Leschyshyn just for the 1st and 2nd round picks id be pretty choked as a fan but by adding in Gay it made the trade make more sense for both sides. Sure if left the Pats with less talent upfront but if you are serious about a certain time frame/year then it is trades that you make no questions asked.

sbtatter
01-25-2015, 04:27 PM
Ive been thinking lately maybe Paddock could put back together a line that had a lot of success last season under Cameron.... Once Hilsendager comes back from injury I would like to see Paddock put back together the Christoffer/D'Amico/Hansen line...They were a force a lot of games last season in their role of a shutdown line as well as a line that could chip in from time to time.

We may of paid abit higher prices for players we wanted but if it was Paddock who seeked out these trades the 1 who is making the call always pays a higher a price cause it shows 'you have something I want'

There is no way Sutter makes that trade involving Leschyshyn unless he is getting a player back that will have an impact on his Memorial Cup year. He could of used Leschyshyn next season as a major piece to land a top end 19yr old. IMO if I was a Rebels fan and Sutter gave up Leschyshyn just for the 1st and 2nd round picks id be pretty choked as a fan but by adding in Gay it made the trade make more sense for both sides. Sure if left the Pats with less talent upfront but if you are serious about a certain time frame/year then it is trades that you make no questions asked.

I think it was a really ballsy move to dismantle the third best team in the East, and in two years paddock the GM will look like a genius or crazy, and he for sure is smarter than any of us on here! If only Parker would have off loaded Ederle, teubert or weal paddock wouldn't have had to cut the legs out of this years team.

Fight Guy
01-25-2015, 04:34 PM
If only Parker would have off loaded Ederle, teubert or weal paddock wouldn't have had to cut the legs out of this years team.
Had Parker sold those guys off, there's a good chance he's still GM today.

patsdude114
01-25-2015, 06:47 PM
Had Parker sold those guys off, there's a good chance he's still GM today.

Oh god that sends chills thru my body as its that scary!!!! He may of helped turn this franchise around in terms of marketing and rebuilding the season ticket holder base but he was a brutal GM in terms of building a winning team....

Take a look back at when Parker did TRY to build this team from the ground up, he went with (5) 16 year olds who all turned out pretty good players but he got impatient and traded away 4 of them. Here is a list of those 4 players im talking about

Logan Pyett (only 1 who didn't get traded) http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=75394
Ian Duval (went on and became a pretty good player with CGY/MJ/KEL) http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=75388
Justin Bernhardt (went on to become a darn good player in PA) http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=75395
Craig Schira (went on to become a very solid Dman in VAN) http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=74017
Ryan McDonald (went on to be a reliable 19 & 20yr old) http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=77303

The Parker's never showed the patience to build a team from the ground up, they attempted too with these players listed above but made bad trades and threw it all away. We had players like Leffler, Ross waiting in the wings and the following year was Eberle, Teubert & Hulak... things went wrong with this organization the day Parker made the moves to stop the rebuild and we haven't recouped since until this recent trade deadline to try and right the ship.

sbtatter
01-25-2015, 07:01 PM
The one weird move looking in from the outside was trading away the first and second rounders when they said they were having to trade veterans to acquire picks because of past mismanagment
l remember KM trading a boatload of assets for Kevin Sundher, ouch, all GM's have their crazy moments I guess!

patsdude114
01-25-2015, 07:12 PM
There was no way Sutter would of took that trade for either just the picks alone or just for Gay... Leschyshyn was too much of an asset for him moving into next season. To get a prospect that is ready to play next season and only 1yr younger then Steel the player they are building around makes a ton of sense especially when you consider that 1st rd pick wouldn't be a 16yr old until Steel is 19 which doesn't help that time frame much at all.

At least that's how I view it all when you look at the time frame they want the trade makes a lot of sense

Bighat
01-25-2015, 08:13 PM
I dont like the leshychen trade at all I feel we have as good prospect if not better in Eric Gardner. Should have kept hunt and gay, and yes Medicine Hat would have traded Burroughs Hobbs straight up. Oh well nothing I can do about it except not buy playoff tickets and go to Phoenix and watch 2 games for the same price.

Fight Guy
01-25-2015, 10:23 PM
It's my understanding Leschyshyn and Gardiner a really good friends. May have something to do with it. Good possibilty those two will be the Pats top players in a few years. Im really impressed with Gardiner and Leschyshyn impressed me more in his couple games. His first game more so, but the while team played crappy his second game.

Im still going to wait a couple weeks till I make a real assesment of the current team. If i recall correctly, the Pats looked pretty bad at the beginning of the season, till they had sufficient practices and found chemistry. Leadership may not be there now, but can still develope more. This team has barely had a solid stretch of practice pther than last week. This is only their second decent practice time.

Ive seen a lot of good things and some collapses that decided games. I think its only six games since the deadline, so im not super concerned yet.

Any typos are due to using my phone....im not going back and fixing anything.

chopper
01-25-2015, 10:33 PM
I think it was a really ballsy move to dismantle the third best team in the East, and in two years paddock the GM will look like a genius or crazy, and he for sure is smarter than any of us on here! If only Parker would have off loaded Ederle, teubert or weal paddock wouldn't have had to cut the legs out of this years team.

Your quite right about this post and your previous one. I respect the insight. I have always professed the Pats should move some assets, but not necessarily move all at the same time. I have grown to like the Gabrielle trade and the Cooper trade.

The verdict on the others is still out, as is the GM. As you say he will either look like a genius or crazy, and it will define him here. IMO I feel that a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder, and Gay for Leschshyn was a very dear price to pay. He is very good but not Sam Steel calibre. As a Pats fan I hope he becomes the player they paid for. The same applies for Connor Hobbs, who I like a lot.

Here are the latest numbers I can find of our prospects:
Leschshyn (15yrs) 33g - 14+15 = 29 pts Midget AAA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below are 15 yr old kids kids we already had:

Gardiner (15yrs) 33games - 16+20 = 36 pts Midget AAA
Hadon (15yrs) 31games - 13+15 = 28 pts Miidget AAA
Welke (15yrs) 33games - 6+18 = 24 pts Midget AAA
Elmer (15yrs) 15games - 13+11 = 24 pts CSSHL Prep 1.6 pts per game
Hollett (15yrs) Going to be a stud 6'4" goalie in this league. 1st rnd pck

Based on the aforementioned 15 year old talent just how desperately did we need another 15 year old prospect? Perhaps we did, but a strong argument could be made we need other things equally. Add in Riley Woods (16yrs) 34g - 17+31 = 48 pts Rookie in Midget AAA + 7th in League scoring. Lots of young 15-16 talent. This doesn't include talented young d-men like Schoiler, Poteau, Krushen, Freadrich, Bruce and of course Hilsendager.

It's entirely possible trading a 1st and 2nd round pick may have got us the 1st overall pick next draft, or at least a very high end component(s). The added benefit is that we may still have an important 19 year old. As you say we gave up the farm for Hobbs who may or may not be a #2 d-man. That remains to be seen. I like Hobbs and hope he lives up to billing.

One of the picks we got from MH was a pay-back for Leier and that was then given to Red Deer so we really only got a 3rd round to work with, and we still have to pay for Leier. Hunt will play as a 20 yr old and Burroughs might if the NYI can't find a place for him since they're doing good, and fairly deep in d-men. Hunt will be in the top 10 of scoring next season and could lead the league. Gay will likely be a top 10 scorer as well. Burroughs could be back. I will leave it for the future to decide if we did or didn't pay too much for Hobbs+Lecsyshyn who do possess some talent. Although Hobbs isn't NHL 1st round calibre and Leschshyn is three to four years away from being an impact guy.

I hope Leschshyn and Hobbs don't crumble under the weight of the price paid for them. It remains to be seen if we really needed them or if they were "hyped" to us. I reiterate the price was very high. The future will dictate if its Angel Wings or Goat Horns. The deed is done and it's now a part of our history. Hopefully there are some benefits down the line, however that's never a slam dunk. Whether or not this will be genius or crazy is still a discussion for down the road.

Shooter
01-25-2015, 11:20 PM
I dont like the leshychen trade at all I feel we have as good prospect if not better in Eric Gardner. Should have kept hunt and gay, and yes Medicine Hat would have traded Burroughs Hobbs straight up. Oh well nothing I can do about it except not buy playoff tickets and go to Phoenix and watch 2 games for the same price.
Guys everyone is panicking. The plan is the plan and forget about the past or what if! You sound like a bunch of cry babies.

There is mistakes being made with this group and the staff know there will be growing pains!

The real concern right is the pp. This really seem to be Achilles heel and time for some changes. If Brooks was on pp early he would likely have 5-15 more goals. Wagner and Cole would at least 5-6 more goals as well.

If Steele would get shooting his production would increase.

The real questions is who showed up to compete vs the juggernaut Wheatkings. The Wheaties speed was a test and who can play both sides of puck as well time and space reduced and Wheaties are a team that can capitalize on mistakes.

We need Hillzy James....back ASAP as that ignorant player that will take your head-off if possible. Of course it may take him 10-12 games to get back rolling again as he was playing awesome before injury!

Tidbits:
- I hope the staff will work on more pucks to net vs always pass first.

- The blue line turnovers in the NHL are killers and we need to fix this in both zones immediately.

- Set dumps and forechecking recovery of puck..need 1-2 pre plans.

-How to fix Pats PP entry on PP Offence:
1. easy fix but need forward at far blue line to hold opposition defence back!
2. need forwards swinging on forhands as this will allow more strength on pucks if needed entering zone.
3. Need controlled entry and outwork teams on PP we seem to idle to much!
4. Gain zone and NO outside shots and work 2 on 1s.
5. D practice Detroit Listrom off back boards play as option.
6. All players on PP whoever move your feet with luck or without and skate to get open!
7. Net precence with designated forward! This will allow players more time with puck and back door passes and put stress on other teams defence.
8. Play percentages on plays!

No Wheat King player would drop mitts with Gabrielle and radio reported that he called everyone on at faceoffs. Not sure if radio mic on ice surface.

Some wild whl scores this weekend.

My 2nd team is doing better as Blades look improved!

sbtatter
01-25-2015, 11:47 PM
Your quite right about this post and your previous one. I respect the insight. I have always professed the Pats should move some assets, but not necessarily move all at the same time. I have grown to like the Gabrielle trade and the Cooper trade.

The verdict on the others is still out, as is the GM. As you say he will either look like a genius or crazy, and it will define him here. IMO I feel that a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder, and Gay for Leschshyn was a very dear price to pay. He is very good but not Sam Steel calibre. As a Pats fan I hope he becomes the player they paid for. The same applies for Connor Hobbs, who I like a lot.

Based on the aforementioned 15 year old talent just how desperately did we need another 15 year old prospect? Perhaps we did, but a strong argument could be made we need other things equally. Add in Riley Woods (16yrs) 34g - 17+31 = 48 pts Rookie in Midget AAA + 7th in League scoring. Lots of young 15-16 talent. This doesn't include talented young d-men like Schoiler, Poteau, Krushen, Freadrich, Bruce and of course Hilsendager.

It's entirely possible trading a 1st and 2nd round pick may have got us the 1st overall pick next draft, or at least a very high end component(s). The added benefit is that we may still have an important 19 year old. As you say we gave up the farm for Hobbs who may or may not be a #2 d-man. That remains to be seen. I like Hobbs and hope he lives up to billing.

One of the picks we got from MH was a pay-back for Leier and that was then given to Red Deer so we really only got a 3rd round to work with, and we still have to pay for Leier. Hunt will play as a 20 yr old and Burroughs might if the NYI can't find a place for him since they're doing good, and fairly deep in d-men. Hunt will be in the top 10 of scoring next season and could lead the league. Gay will likely be a top 10 scorer as well. Burroughs could be back. I will leave it for the future to decide if we did or didn't pay too much for Hobbs+Lecsyshyn who do possess some talent. Although Hobbs isn't NHL 1st round calibre and Leschshyn is three to four years away from being an impact guy.

I hope Leschshyn and Hobbs don't crumble under the weight of the price paid for them. It remains to be seen if we really needed them or if they were "hyped" to us. I reiterate the price was very high. The future will dictate if its Angel Wings or Goat Horns. The deed is done and it's now a part of our history. Hopefully there are some benefits down the line, however that's never a slam dunk. Whether or not this will be genius or crazy is still a discussion for down the road.

That's a pretty nice list of prospects. One thing I'd say about Steel is now there's less talent (this season) for him to play with maybe he should start shooting more and passing a little less? When he get's linemates who can snipe he can start passing more again maybe?
And for the poster who said Gabrielle couldn't get a dance partner, correct, the WK's said after the game (on the radio) they talked about not getting sucked into drama in his 1st game back. WK's don't have many fighters anyway, Erkamps, Waltz, and Quenneville and Roy will go if they absolutely have to, so Jesse's probably better concentrating on scoring rather than fighting against this years WK team.
That's enough of me hi-jacking your thread, like i've said before, its harder to dislike Regina now you have Paddock there!! Over and out

patsdude114
01-25-2015, 11:49 PM

Thanks for the stats on these guys chopper as for the Leschyshyn stats I wouldn't look to far into those even though he is very close to a point per game. That game I watched of his team vs the Blazers my god is his team horrible basically key on Leschyshyn and you shut them down completely. Us Pays fans know how that is as we very seldom ever had more then one star/capable player of scoring.

The biggest surprise out of all our prospects is Gary Haden scoring ability since late November into early December. He is small so hopefully he fills out abit and can become another quality prospect for us. Jake Leschyshyn just adds more to our prospects and he will become a star in this league mossy likely not a super star like Steel will be but a star non the less.

Fight Guy
01-26-2015, 12:07 AM
William Lovell is looking pretty good right now. He plays on the same team as Poteau and is having a really good season. Better than Poteau, who im guess must be injured as hes played a lot less games. Lovell is the same size and is producing a lot. Looks like maybe another good list player. The system is looking pretty great right now. Some of these prospects can be used as assets too, which is nice to have.

chopper
01-26-2015, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the stats on these guys chopper as for the Leschyshyn stats I wouldn't look to far into those even though he is very close to a point per game. That game I watched of his team vs the Blazers my god is his team horrible basically key on Leschyshyn and you shut them down completely. Us Pays fans know how that is as we very seldom ever had more then one star/capable player of scoring.

The biggest surprise out of all our prospects is Gary Haden scoring ability since late November into early December. He is small so hopefully he fills out abit and can become another quality prospect for us. Jake Leschyshyn just adds more to our prospects and he will become a star in this league mossy likely not a super star like Steel will be but a star non the less.

These are just numbers bro…food for discussion. I also was pleasantly surprised at Hadon's numbers. The Alberta Midget AAA league is a tough one as well, and he's doing very well as a 15 year old. He is bit small right now but any of these kids can shoot up quickly. I remember when they first drafted Elmer he was 5'10" and now he's 6'1". Last year Harrrison grew from 5'11" to 6'1" very quickly as well. I hope Jake L. sprouts up too and there is good chance he will. His dad was about 6'1".

Leschshyn will be a star I agree and maybe even more with size . I am quite happy with our scouting department under McMullin and I think our Manitoba+Travelling Scout Russ Kutzak is doing a bang up job. I hope Riley Bruce out of Winnipeg grows because he is as tough as they come. A d-man with a nasty streak is a player after my own heart, and he can play. We have a bang up crew of 15 year olds but may need to get creative for a couple years until they're ready.

patsdude114
01-26-2015, 12:58 AM
Forsure they are just numbers was just more or less pointing out that the numbers he has produced has came at the expense of having a very weak team to play with during his rookie and only season in Midget AAA..... If he had a better team to play on one would just assume he would have slightly better numbers as well, this kid really is a true a talent is all im getting at.

And yes these kids still have a lot of growing to do if Haden for example gets to 6'0 and keeps progressing like he has the Pats have some really good players going forward in the '99 group. Plus your are very right about Bruce that kid was a standout for his physical play and never shied away once when guys got in his face. Some lessons from Gabrielle in how to fight and we may finally have some toughness on our backend.

There are a few of us fans who really get it/understand what this franchise wants to become and looking at the prospects who are not on the team right and mixing them in with the ones who are in the team really makes me even more excited for next season and the season after and the one after that :) like I said I don't care if we done win another game this year which I know will not be the case. When was the last time we as Pats fans can actualy be excited for the future? I know its never happened in my life time as there has been very little winning going on since 1982.......

Going pains for the rest of this year which hopefully only makes these younger kids even more hungary for success next season. With SC faultering as well due to key injuries home ice advantage could very well be ours no matter how we do the remainder of the season.

Shooter
01-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Super Stars and NHL Players. I think all are putting a way too much pressure on Sam Steele at age 16. I know he is getting first line minutes and most PP time and opportunities and he has 11 goals with 6 on PP and some short handed. Progression comes with age as well!

You either LIKE or Hate the Pats plan right now!

Be patient and you can do a report card in 2017-2018.

Homeruns win ball games but doubles and singles win championships.

The top 20 WHL scoring is very interesting....the game is changing. Just look at the players dominating!

As far as some of the prospects we have in farm system some may or may not get the opportunity for a bit regarding the depth chart moving forward. That is a great problem to have but part of sustainable team depth and development.

chopper
01-26-2015, 11:56 AM
I don't think it's as simplistic as loving or hating the plan the GM has gone with. I think there are always going to be things people like and things they don't. Almost like most peoples jobs, there are things they like and things they don't. They still go to work.

Most fans agree that the Pats should have moved some assets. There are some who think they went too far too quick. There are some who feel the price paid in some trades was too high. I suspect there are some out there who think we should have been buyers.

It's never a black and white situation. I think the GM/Ownership realize they do need to stay on top of this team. The score clock and promotions are nice but longterm it will be the on ice product that keeps the seats full. Let's hope this course is the right one.

The one good thing this year is that we brought along a lot of decent 16-17 year olds. With all the quality talent in the wings it's obvious not all will be able to play with the Pats. If they get too many in one age bracket they may be forced move a few for other things they need. Not all our talent will be able to play going forward. Right now 97, 98?, and 99 are pretty strong. The 96 are not so much along with the 95's. IMO that's our biggest concern right now, particularly 96's. It's an area they will likely address in the off season.

Bighat
01-26-2015, 01:08 PM
Most fans agree that the Pats should have moved some assets. There are some who think they went too far too quick. There are some who feel the price paid in some trades was too high. I suspect there are some out there who think we should have been buyers.

Well said, I for one think we needed to move klimchuck and Burroughs but overpaid for leshychen. We have a boat load of talent in the minors and some will or should be used to acquire 18-19 yr olds next yr. I just hope the young kids don't become discouraged the rest of the season.

WesternHockeyScout
01-26-2015, 02:27 PM
The 96 are not so much along with the 95's. IMO that's our biggest concern right now, particularly 96's. It's an area they will likely address in the off season.That's exactly right. They'll need to find a couple top 1996 born players between now and January 10/2016. They'll be hard to find though, as that age group is not especially strong in the WHL.

D cherry
01-26-2015, 04:26 PM
Hobbs. Hasn't impressed me yet . One move only the same one every time . Not the fastest skater on the blue line . Does he have a slap shot .seen a lot of rist shots not that hard

patsdude114
01-26-2015, 04:35 PM
That's exactly right. They'll need to find a couple top 1996 born players between now and January 10/2016. They'll be hard to find though, as that age group is not especially strong in the WHL.

As you said its a weak age group throughout the entire league, there is no concern to upgrade that group when its weak around the league your better off to try and find another 97 or 98... There is no need to pay a price for 1 of the better 1s just to take ice time away from the younger group that isn't on the roster yet but will be come next season.

When the 96 group is 20yr olds my god is that going to be 1 sorry arse excuse of 20yr olds in our league. Any good 1s who are drafted will be gone to pro hockey.

booboo
01-26-2015, 04:42 PM
The WK 96 group isn't too bad. Pilon,J.Quennvile,Hawrlyk,Papirny, Duke,Campbell, and Coulter.:clap:

patsdude114
01-26-2015, 04:46 PM
The WK 96 group isn't too bad. Pilon,J.Quennvile,Hawrlyk,Papirny, Duke,Campbell, and Coulter.:clap:

yep ha too bad 2 of those players were given to you guys by that fool of a GM in LETH lol

Fight Guy
01-26-2015, 05:01 PM
Hobbs has a cannon. Accurate too as he doesn't ever miss the net. Could be deadly on the PP if the PP could take the zone and get traffic in front of the net. He's a good skater when it comes to his movement on the line and in tight spaces. When trying to win a foot race, he seems to take really big strides and looks like he's moving in slow motion. His puck control really needs work too. Sometimes seems like he has a force field around the blade of his stick. These are all things that will improve with more time and experience. He's still only thirty some games into the league. We found out Wagner had wheels last season, but he learned how to use them over summer...

I have a feeling Paddock will be putting a lot of emphasis on off season training. I don't know how hard the players normally work over the summer, but I'm sure Paddock will want a lot of commitment. We can only assume Leschshyn's dad is going to have him working his ass off during the off season. And again, if Gardiner and him are friends, they'll probably be working together too. It will show come training camp.

Gabrielle looks like the player we were expecting, but I'm still wondering if Paddock is hindering his style of game a bit, if he is in fact discouraging a lot of physicality. He was hungry Saturday night and even tried to be greasy right till after the buzzer. Unfortunately, Brandon knows him way too well and like it was said, they weren't getting sucked in. Another team, that probably works. Who knows if Paddock really gave him the green light to play the way he did Saturday, but he was one player who played hard all night. The way the Pats use their speed... if they were to just start throwing their bodies around, it would make such a difference in these games. As long as they're smart about it and not just going for the hit. Zborovskiy screws this up all the time.

WesternHockeyScout
01-26-2015, 05:37 PM
Hobbs has a cannon. Accurate too as he doesn't ever miss the net. Could be deadly on the PP if the PP could take the zone and get traffic in front of the net. He's a good skater when it comes to his movement on the line and in tight spaces. When trying to win a foot race, he seems to take really big strides and looks like he's moving in slow motion. His puck control really needs work too. Sometimes seems like he has a force field around the blade of his stick. These are all things that will improve with more time and experience. He's still only thirty some games into the league. We found out Wagner had wheels last season, but he learned how to use them over summer...

I have a feeling Paddock will be putting a lot of emphasis on off season training. I don't know how hard the players normally work over the summer, but I'm sure Paddock will want a lot of commitment. We can only assume Leschshyn's dad is going to have him working his ass off during the off season. And again, if Gardiner and him are friends, they'll probably be working together too. It will show come training camp.

Gabrielle looks like the player we were expecting, but I'm still wondering if Paddock is hindering his style of game a bit, if he is in fact discouraging a lot of physicality. He was hungry Saturday night and even tried to be greasy right till after the buzzer. Unfortunately, Brandon knows him way too well and like it was said, they weren't getting sucked in. Another team, that probably works. Who knows if Paddock really gave him the green light to play the way he did Saturday, but he was one player who played hard all night. The way the Pats use their speed... if they were to just start throwing their bodies around, it would make such a difference in these games. As long as they're smart about it and not just going for the hit. Zborovskiy screws this up all the time.

Hobbs is everything you say plus he has some other great intangibles as well. In addition to representing his country in 3 different events, he has worn a letter in two of those. Listening to his interview on the Regina Pats website, his confidence and natural leadership abilities do jump out at you. Those qualities that he brings will be very important over the next 30 months.

Gabrielle looked to be about 90% in your clock game on Friday and then maybe even a notch higher again on Saturday in Brandon. His injury troubles started in late November during a scrap with Aaron Irving where he suffered a scratched cornia. Instead of wearing the patch and resting it, he opted for a bottle of tylenol and a tinted visor to deal with the headaches and super light sensitivity. His play suffered noticeably. Then a couple weeks later he stepped in for a team mate against Brett Lernout. He held his ground despite eating a few from Lernout but the real damage came in his own hand where he strained or pulled something. Brandon trainers thought he would be out 3 weeks and unable to fight for 6-8 weeks. He tried taking warmup the next game but no dice. That was his last game in a Wheat King jersey. Then he contracted strep throat over Christmas and was bed ridden with a high fever. He showed up in Regina being off ice for 3 weeks, recovering from the virus, nursing the injured hand and the scratched eye. Your schedule was then 9 games in 16 days, which would have ben challenging enough for healthy players. I watched the Prince Albert game a couple weeks ago and I thought he looked winded, slow-footed and soft. Really, a shadow of his regular self. But watching him this weekend, he looks to be almost all the way back. I notice he isn't wearing the tinted visor anymore, was finishing most of his checks and he looked game to chuck the knuckles.

D cherry
01-26-2015, 05:45 PM
well if Hobbs has a accurate canon from the blue line I hope he uses it out west this weekend . I haven't seen it on the pp yet ! Zborovskiy doesn't hit he gets hit .His pp play is dump and chase his five on five play is skate past the center line and chase ! for a guy I thought could skate as fast as Wagner. Hobbs has some good credentials. Why did MH give him up .

patsdude114
01-26-2015, 06:15 PM
Hobbs has used his shot a few times in his first couple of games with 1timers but since then I have found the PK have been guarding against it abit but our PP is so crappy the other guys on the ice cant take advantage of it.

As for Zborobskiy I think he needs to sit for a game or 2 and rest, he has never played this many games before during his career and is prob starting to get tired. We saw it in Sinitsyn as well last year after xmas and he was an older player as well. But don't look for him to sit down a game or 2 until the defense is healthy, have really noticed his play go down since the injuries to Hilsendager and Harrison (much before the trade of Burroughs)...

Remember he is still young only 17 there are going to be some growing pains as well he doesn't have the high end elite skill like Provorov in BRN

brandonboy
01-26-2015, 09:00 PM
No Wheat King player would drop mitts with Gabrielle and radio reported that he called everyone on at faceoffs. Not sure if radio mic on ice surface.

Some wild whl scores this weekend.

My 2nd team is doing better as Blades look improved!

Gabrielle issued a few challenges without any luck till Erkhamps offered twice and Jessie declined him once very noticeably. I was a bit suprised to be honest. But Erkhamps lately has shown to be able to hang with the toughest in the league.

chopper
01-26-2015, 11:47 PM
In a 8-3 hockey game looking to scrap someone doesn't make much sense. He needs to play with controlled aggression, and I believe he will. He too is still getting accustomed. Paddock puts the ropes on Gabrielle, Christopher, and Smith too much.

I Don't like it but that's what the HC is doing. Gabrielle as much as fighting needs to be an agitator and try to get players off their game. I think he's going to be good at it. As good as he is now just wait until he's 19. He will be a dominating player for us.

booboo
01-27-2015, 12:14 AM
You'd better hope he doesn't implode before then or else his dad drives Paddock nuts. Good luck with that.

brandonboy
01-27-2015, 12:33 AM
You'd better hope he doesn't implode before then or else his dad drives Paddock nuts. Good luck with that.

If I were a Regina fan I wouldn't take this to seriously. Once McCrimmon gets a hard on for a guy he treats them like crap and has done it for years. This is only the opinion of some fanboys from Brandon that can't handle the fact McCrimmon is an absolute joke of a coach.

sbtatter
01-27-2015, 08:10 AM
If I were a Regina fan I wouldn't take this to seriously. Once McCrimmon gets a hard on for a guy he treats them like crap and has done it for years. This is only the opinion of some fanboys from Brandon that can't handle the fact McCrimmon is an absolute joke of a coach.

Gabrielle had good reason to be ticked off in Bdn, no PP time at all, and got jumped in ice time by Patrick (for good reason) and Duke, so you can understand his frustrations. I'd rather have him here than in Regina. He's a tough guy to handle on the team, but that's the price you have to pay to have those agitators in your lineup, what makes them tough to handle is what makes other teams hate playing against them IMO

Shooter
01-27-2015, 10:09 AM
Brandon Boy- Bull**** Erkamps was a turtle in Lethbridge and has 2 turle shells know in Brandon. He picks on smaller players and acts tough ......Gabrielle would of torn him apart like a rabbid dog!

Shooter
01-27-2015, 10:29 AM
Brandon Boy- the deal is done I cant wait to see Gabrielle chase you out the rink LOL with a hattrick and an apple and 1-3 fights where the blood stains the ice and your heart is pounding NOW that you are a Regina Pats Fan1 as well. The is always 2 sides of every story Brandon boy and then the truth and yes these kids are age 16-12. You don't think dads get involved with decisions etc. or chat with their kids?

GO Seattle GO NFL

D cherry
01-27-2015, 10:45 AM
Gabrielle plays with heart and passion . That's what the pats need. Hope it pass on to the other team mates

Newice14
01-27-2015, 10:59 AM
Brandon Boy- Bull**** Erkamps was a turtle in Lethbridge and has 2 turle shells know in Brandon. He picks on smaller players and acts tough ......Gabrielle would of torn him apart like a rabbid dog!

That is true, I've seen Erkamps challenging 16 year old rookies to fight all the time in Alberta. Hopefully he got over that habit now!

brandonboy
01-27-2015, 11:15 AM

Instead of making yourself look like an idiot I said he came out of nowhere just recently. With a big win over LaSann in which he dropped him and busting Kanzig open in his previous fight. I wouldn't say those are smaller players considering they are considered to be two of the toughest guys in the league.

booboo
01-27-2015, 11:17 AM
Nice to see you Patsy fans pumping Gabrielle's tires. He can be an impact player no doubt,but other issues are simmering beneath the surface. Very high maintenance player who could turn out fantastic or go the way of the Dark Side.If he sticks to hockey he will or could be awesome but there is a nagging doubt hanging over him.

sbtatter
01-27-2015, 11:30 AM

I don't know about he turtle comments, Erkamps just fought Kanzig and Lesann, that's a decent dance card isn't it? I think Gabrielle and Erkamps would be a good even match up, 2 guys who aren't afraid to throw the fists, Gabrielle is going to fight more often than just about anyone, it's in his nature.

D cherry
01-27-2015, 12:41 PM
Should would like to see Hanson step up with Gabrielle when it's time to make a statement

patsdude114
01-27-2015, 04:15 PM
Most recent Erkamps fights from the conversation above..... Erkamps has done very well in these 2 recent fights against the so called 'big boys'

Erkamps vs LeSann
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbQJB1IUNDI&x-yt-ts=1422327029&x-yt-cl=84838260

Erkamps vs Kanzig
http://www.hockeyfights-video.com/jan-11-2015-macoy-erkamps-vs-keegan-kanzig-brandon-wheat-kings-vs-calgary-hitmen-whl/ (took abit for my browser to load for some reason but its there once it loads)

Erkamps did take a lot of shots in this fight but kudos for him for standing in there against a 6'6 240lbs Kanzig, I don't see any Pats players standing in there for that not even sure if Gabrielle would

Oscar
01-27-2015, 04:19 PM
I assumed when the Pat's got Gabrielle this was to be a power forward and be a policeman for Steel! That's the type of player he is. Can score has some toughness should be with Steel. Certainly hasn't found his touch in Regina yet. Hobbs seems to be an all around D but offence is his stronger point. Will be a top two very shortly! As far as the future, Pat's seem headed down the same sorry path as the Blades. Unfortunately none of these future picks are going to help the current players on the roster. But the 1st and 2nd they gave up for a prospect would have brought in a couple pieces next winter. By the time the upcoming draft picks (2000s) are 17, when you may see some decent contribution from them. Your 97 players are 20, Steel is 19. Pat's fans pay the price by an early playoff exit.......IF THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS! Wouldn't be surprised to see them miss.

patsdude114
01-27-2015, 04:56 PM
I assumed when the Pat's got Gabrielle this was to be a power forward and be a policeman for Steel! That's the type of player he is. Can score has some toughness should be with Steel. Certainly hasn't found his touch in Regina yet. Hobbs seems to be an all around D but offence is his stronger point. Will be a top two very shortly! As far as the future, Pat's seem headed down the same sorry path as the Blades. Unfortunately none of these future picks are going to help the current players on the roster. But the 1st and 2nd they gave up for a prospect would have brought in a couple pieces next winter. By the time the upcoming draft picks (2000s) are 17, when you may see some decent contribution from them. Your 97 players are 20, Steel is 19. Pat's fans pay the price by an early playoff exit.......IF THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS! Wouldn't be surprised to see them miss.

I don't think you are following with the years the Pats are building for, the draft class of the up coming 2000's will not have any impact on the years they are building for. It would be pretty stupid to build for the year the 97's are 20yr olds just cause that make's Steel 19, since they are only allowed to keep 3 of those 97's when they are 20. Maybe this will help with the age groups they want to be part of a strong contender

96's- will be 20 years old, sadly only player worth while here is Brooks but its a league wide weak age group
97's- will be 19 years old, hence why we have like 11 of them on the roster
98's- will be 18 years old, this is the Steel age group, an 18yr old Steel they are hoping will put up 90-100pts
99's- will be 17 years old, we have 3 very strong 99's in Leschyshyn Hollett Gardnier anyone else will be added bonus
00's- will be 16 years old, we still have our 1st round pick but not many 16yr olds make an impact in this league anyways unless they top 5 picks for the most part.

The reason why everyone is saying Brandon will be better next year then this year is cause they have a strong group of 96's (IMO the strongest group in the league) and they will be 19yrs old next season. That's what the Pats are gunning for with our 97's for when they are 19... you win championships in this league with a strong group of 19yr olds the better you got the better off you are and the Pats are banking on Gabrielle, Hobbs, Wagner, Zborovskiy, Berg (I list Berg cause he was ranked by Central Scouting before this last ranking came out) to be all a big part of that with a strong supporting cast of Kroeker, McAmmond, Cole, Hilsendager.

If the 18yr olds fill out like how they are hoping guys like Elmer, Smith, Krushen, Pouteau, Lovell, Freadrich should be main stays and key parts of the team at that age. If these other guys can fill out at all Woods, Third, Richads & Many Guns then that just adds to the success we are hoping to have. I will put in here too if Liam Schioler ever commits that just makes out defense that much stronger as long as he progresses like scouts are planning on.

brandonboy
01-27-2015, 04:59 PM
Gabrielle is a guy Pats fans are going to really like. In his last two games he looks like he's starting to shake the cobwebs off from the beating Lernout gave him. To me he looked like the best player on the ice for the last couple games. He's got good hands, skates well and knows how to bury the puck. He can also be very aggressive sometimes good sometimes bad but really can stir the pot and take guys off there game or goat them into bad penalties. I've thought a couple time he was gonna give Nikkel a stroke lol. As a Brandon fan I was choked to see him go. Hopefully the trade works out for both teams and starts paying off soon. I think Klimchuck is still adjusting a bit and will find his stride soon enough.

booboo
01-27-2015, 05:12 PM
I was not a Klimchuck fan in the past because I always thought he played too soft. However, after seeing him for a half a dozen games I have come to appreciate his skills not just offensively but as a 200 foot player. He has created a multitude of chances the past few games, but has had crappy puck luck. He seems to be developing some real chemistry with Patrick as they play in the same line and kill penalties together as well. They are seriously dangerous on the PK, having missed a few 2 on 1's and breakaways. I can see now why he was a first round pick in the NHL draft.

patsdude114
01-27-2015, 05:19 PM
I was not a Klimchuck fan in the past because I always thought he played too soft. However, after seeing him for a half a dozen games I have come to appreciate his skills not just offensively but as a 200 foot player. He has created a multitude of chances the past few games, but has had crappy puck luck. He seems to be developing some real chemistry with Patrick as they play in the same line and kill penalties together as well. They are seriously dangerous on the PK, having missed a few 2 on 1's and breakaways. I can see now why he was a first round pick in the NHL draft.

His full 200ft game has just really came around this year and I think Paddock has played a huge role in that. Yes Klimchuk is still a very soft player along the walls but he does a lot of very good things all over the ice. If he ever played abit tougher along the wall his stock would rise that much more.

Once the Pats are out of the playoffs I will be cheering for Brandon only cause of Klimchuk. If BRN & MH face off in the Eastern Final I can see myself purchasing each game on webcast just due to 3 ex-pats being involved.

patsdude114
01-27-2015, 09:46 PM
Ha screw you wheat kings!!! Can't even do us pats a favour and beat the Broncos in regulation :p

What is the WKs record against the Broncos this year? I know he pats suck against them

booboo
01-27-2015, 10:43 PM
Sorry about not beating SC to help you guys out but we outshot them 54-28 and still lost in a shootout Bow stood on his head.

patsdude114
01-27-2015, 10:47 PM
Ya I seen the shots on goal and thought Bow must of had a hell of a game. He has stood on his head 2 times against us as well early in the year.

Shooter
01-28-2015, 09:31 AM
Brandonboy- as far as your comment on idiot..... ok Erkamps is the tough guy!

He may of wanted to fight a player that is 17 but that is almost an overage for him to fight is it not? My bet is still on #63.

The score was a blowout so no sense any players risking any injuries.

(New Ice reported above) that is true....., I've seen Erkamps challenging 16 year old rookies to fight all the time in Alberta. Hopefully he got over that habit now!

In another couple years there will be no fighting period in NHL!

The fighting has already dissolved in NHL any many PLAYERs have lost their PRO CONTRACTS teams are wanting players that can play the game per salary cap and likely benching marking how import LA Kings 4th line was in their Stanley runs and championships!

I am hoping the Wheaties can win the league this year and keep us posted on the Wheaties fight percentages and not the wins.