PDA

View Full Version : Regular Season 2014-15 2nd Half

Raider Believer
01-24-2015, 10:54 PM
As of today's date, this 2014-15 edition of the Raiders has distinguished itself by being the third weakest team in the Western Hockey League. The city and fans have another stumbling, lurching rebuild to look forward to under the Campese regime. Maybe, just maybe the 'hockey gods' will take pity on us and have the BOD cut out the cancer that is our leadership.

Sttop
01-25-2015, 01:07 PM
The question is how do you do it ? They already left him in charge of dealing Morrisey and Draisaitl . Now you fire your management and scouts right before a huge Draft for us and who picks? The replacements would have to have a lot of knowledge about this year's Draft class.

Raider Believer
01-26-2015, 12:11 AM
The question is how do you do it ? They already left him in charge of dealing Morrisey and Draisaitl . Now you fire your management and scouts right before a huge Draft for us and who picks? The replacements would have to have a lot of knowledge about this year's Draft class.

Agreed, the replacements would have to have a lot of knowledge about this years draft class. But the message would be clear that a new regime and new culture would be in place. The draftees may be inclined to report if they knew that Bruno and his band of wannabees but neverbees were not running the show.

Sttop
01-26-2015, 04:30 PM
I actually recently sat with the father who has a kid(s) in the league . And the perception was that they were a picky family of where his kids would play. I asked if he would have let his kids play here and his answer was that he truly haven't heard of any kids (other then bc) kids that have said they wouldn't report to any team. He said if the team shows proper interest he would send them wherever they got drafted.

Raider Believer
01-26-2015, 07:02 PM
I actually recently sat with the father who has a kid(s) in the league . And the perception was that they were a picky family of where his kids would play. I asked if he would have let his kids play here and his answer was that he truly haven't heard of any kids (other then bc) kids that have said they wouldn't report to any team. He said if the team shows proper interest he would send them wherever they got drafted.

Jake Kryski, a BC kid, and 1st round selection of the Raiders in 2013 refused to play for the Campese/Clouston circus. He was traded to the Blazers and we got very little in return .... 20 yo goalies don't command 1st round draft picks. I see a lot of players and families, the stench that Campese has created drifts across the prairies, not just BC. We don't hear of players refusing to report to Brandon. And I can't imagine its because they can't wait to embrace the Brandon climate and culture. No ... they know its a good hockey organization.

Sttop
01-26-2015, 10:01 PM
read again...i said other the bc kids.

Raider Believer
01-27-2015, 12:50 AM
read again...i said other the bc kids.

It's not just BC kids and families that are openly talking about their lack of desire to play in PA and PG. Kids in Manitoba, Sask and Alberta are saying the same thing. I'm not saying all of them, but for sure a significant percentage of them. I see a lot of games and talk to a lot of families, players and friends of players. There is no enthusiasm to play in those aforementioned locations. And these days there are lots of alternatives for players ... plus teams can't afford to hold onto assets that can be translated into something, even if not of similar value. Please note that SC, Brandon, Regina and Moose Jaw are all small market teams with long hard winters and they don't elicit the same negative responses as PG and more particularly in recent years PA. It has everything to do with poor management, poor coaching and a culture of losing, largely because of poor communications, lack of hockey knowledge and people skills.

Raider Believer
01-30-2015, 10:51 PM
It's not just BC kids and families that are openly talking about their lack of desire to play in PA and PG. Kids in Manitoba, Sask and Alberta are saying the same thing. I'm not saying all of them, but for sure a significant percentage of them. I see a lot of games and talk to a lot of families, players and friends of players. There is no enthusiasm to play in those aforementioned locations. And these days there are lots of alternatives for players ... plus teams can't afford to hold onto assets that can be translated into something, even if not of similar value. Please note that SC, Brandon, Regina and Moose Jaw are all small market teams with long hard winters and they don't elicit the same negative responses as PG and more particularly in recent years PA. It has everything to do with poor management, poor coaching and a culture of losing, largely because of poor communications, lack of hockey knowledge and people skills.

Ten points out of a playoff spot and its not even into February yet! And a 10-1 pasting from Calgary. Way to go BRUNO!!!!:mad:

puckdad
01-31-2015, 09:39 AM
Worst performance by a Raider team that I have seen in 30 years.

Dwight Schrute
02-01-2015, 10:59 AM

Campese's legacy ...............

Who in the hockey world would hire him after his reign in pa ?

Raider Believer
02-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Campese's legacy ...............

Who in the hockey world would hire him after his reign in pa ?

No one! But I'm worried that the PA BOD will give him another year or two to do more damage! Collectively they've been just as incompetent as Campese.

radrguy
02-04-2015, 09:28 PM
Another two losses so far this week. I have to laugh at this article http://panow.com/article/498422/raiders-ticket-sales-down-city-pushes-support
Good luck with that, I know I will not be supporting this team until serious changes are made, and not with the coaching staff.

Raider Believer
02-04-2015, 10:23 PM
Another two losses so far this week. I have to laugh at this article http://panow.com/article/498422/raiders-ticket-sales-down-city-pushes-support
Good luck with that, I know I will not be supporting this team until serious changes are made, and not with the coaching staff.

The coaching staff was put together by the same defective leadership team, the Campese team. Habscheid is a dinosaur and has only marginally better communication skills than Bumbling Bruno, as a few of his former players from Chilliwack/Victoria. With 20 games left in the season, this PA team would need to play .750 hockey and hope that SC plays .500 or less and that teams like MJ don't go on a run. Not likely to happen! Thank you Bruno for another disappointing season. Where is Wapitikev with some fantastical mathematical gymnastics and unflagging support of Mr. Campese???
I'm guessing even he is embarrassed. Do you still support the retention of your buddy Bruno?

Sttop
02-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Next game that Mcfee is at we should start a "we want struch " chant. I think he would be a perfect fit. Let him head coach and help with player personnel as well.

Raider Believer
02-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Next game that Mcfee is at we should start a "we want struch " chant. I think he would be a perfect fit. Let him head coach and help with player personnel as well.

Jesse Wallin

raiderfan
02-05-2015, 04:55 PM
Jesse Wallin? They guy who finished below .500 in the half his time in Red Deer, won exactly one playoff round, and was fired in during his fifth season with a bad record?

Or Dave Struch? The guy whose team he was an assistant for couldn't win a playoff game for three years? I'll give him a pass over last year's Blades, but is learning from a guy who could never win the big games a good thing?

Yes, such an big improvement over the current group.

scruffy1
02-05-2015, 06:12 PM
I was just thinkin today; Has Leth moved ahead of PA as the worst place to get drafted by?
If you take out Dave M I"m thinkin no way my kid goes to PA.

Sttop
02-05-2015, 08:29 PM
yes and no.. one thing that Bruno has done well is get his blue chippers drafted . When trying to bring in your 1st round pick how much better does it sound when he can say that in the last 4 years he has had Mcniell drafted in the 1st round, Winther in the 2nd , Morrissey in the 1st , and Draisaitl in the 1st.

Sabes
02-17-2015, 02:56 PM
Luke Coleman is now on the Raiders roster on the WHL site. I assume he's here for the rest of the season.

Raider Believer
02-25-2015, 05:11 PM

And when puckdad wrote this back on January 31st the Raiders were 10 points out of the playoff picture. And now with 12 games to go, the Raiders (drum roll please) are a shocking 9 points out of the playoff picture. Is it too soon to start singing
'Goodbye Bruno, goodbye Bruno .... we're glad to see you go! ' ??

By the way, has anyone heard from Wapitikev in recent days or weeks. I miss him and his unflagging support of Bruno, although in fairness, I believe his support was really for the team and the young athletes. I really can't imagine that anyone could possibly be in support of Campese retaining his job after this season. I would love to hear arguments in favor of this though, I need a good laugh! :D

JrAScout
02-26-2015, 04:44 PM
Wapitikev was Cory Clouston.

Raider Believer
02-26-2015, 10:52 PM
Wapitikev was Cory Clouston.

Funny. Wapitikev was around for quite a few seasons before Clouston arrived. I'd be more likely to believe that Wapitikev is actually Bruno, he was so fierce in his defense. But having said that, I'll take Wapitikev at his word and assume he was just a fan with some inside scoops on the team and BOD functions. I do admire him though, he is/was a true blue Raider fan. Ooops, sorry about the blue, I mean green.

Sttop
02-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Kev is no way even close to Clouston haha.. He is still at all events showing his raider pride though

Raider Believer
03-01-2015, 07:35 PM
Kev is no way even close to Clouston haha.. He is still at all events showing his raider pride though

And this season, as in most others during Campese's reign of less than mediocrity, it has been very difficult to feel Raider pride. And after today's game, a loss to the Oil Kings, the team is now 13 points out of a playoff spot with just 10 games remaining. No one can like the Raiders' chances of post season play. I'm not even confident this team will make 60 points. The blame sits squarely with Campese and a sad sack bunch of scouts. For a team that is consistently near the bottom of the pack and has the advantage of picking high draft picks year after year after year ..... you'd think we'd see a much, much more competitive team and at least a season or two of competing for a Conference Championship or (dare I say it) a Memorial Cup.
As for the PA coach, Campese's little buddy, send him down the road too.

Dwight Schrute
03-02-2015, 07:36 PM
Any odds of the raiders drafting first overall ? And is there a top pick that will report ?

Raider Believer
03-15-2015, 03:29 PM
Any odds of the raiders drafting first overall ? And is there a top pick that will report ?

Dwight, you've hit the nail right on the head! More and more players are going to look at the PA situation with Campese and Habschied and take a wide path around them. Not unexpectedly to anyone, unless your name is Wapitikev, the Raiders are well out of the playoffs and once again Campese has cheated the fans with his bs promises and arrogant platitudes. Maybe, just maybe, the BOD might finally get the picture and get rid of the little tyrant. Wapitikev, I hate to say I told you so ..... but! I admire your loyalty to a LOSING cause, but honestly, it was your attitude and others like you, prepared to accept mediocrity and make excuses for it, that has landed our team in the mess that its in. Too many of the PA players have been disheartened over the Campese years. Poor communication skills, lack of empathy, broken promises and lack of real hockey knowledge at this level. Send the wanna be down the road!

JrAScout
03-15-2015, 06:21 PM
Here's to Go! Mustangs Go & Go! Bears Go!

Wildeyes
03-15-2015, 06:45 PM
GO BEARS GO !!!!!!!!

right on JR A scout

Raider Believer
03-16-2015, 11:08 AM
Another year without playoffs what a surprise. The board needs to get people involved that have hockey knowledge and want to win. If you look at the board of governors how many have actually played hockey? Or understand the game? These people are the same people making decisions on how to run this team, enough said about that. Raiders need a shakeup at all levels. Bruno I would think is done, Habschied has been good, Manson has been here for years and has a lot of knowledge but needs to be replaced. The trainer needs to move on. He seems about as interested in this team as Kelly Guard did on the pre-game show last night. Kelly was talking to Drew Wilson and says "Mackenzie Stewart's fight was the changing point in the game" I watched the game and big Stew never was in a fight. I don't know what game Kelly Guard was watching. Another great promotion somebody needs to take responsibility for is Kelly Guard. He did absolute wonders when he was goalie coach (joke) no wonder he was promoted.(joke)
The players that become the leaders for this team next year are crucial.
Why would they pick Sawyer Lange as the captain with 3 months left in the season? Is it because he is from PA? Why wouldn't the Raiders go without a captain and let the players show the coaches who wants it? I hope they give captaincy to someone that is willing to go through a wall for there team. Enough of the non-leaders being named captains.

If history means anything here then Habschied will likely be named coach and GM and Campese will be sent packing. Habschied will then replace Derkatch and get his own people in place. I hope Habschied realizes that he needs to lighten up on the players. As for captains, Campese has always chosen a player who sucks up to him and tells him what he wants to hear.
Not an excuse for Kelly Guard, but maybe he was just testing to see if Drew Wilson would notice the mistake or do what he usually does which is nod and giggle like a little girl to Campese's nonsense.

HockeyGuru
03-16-2015, 12:05 PM
Raider Believer I think I know who you are!!!i think you once held a top position with the organization...am I correct?its no wonder you can't get another job in hockey and are hanging around Edmonton.

HockeyGuru
03-16-2015, 02:28 PM
I think RaiderBeliever before you throw everyone under the bus..lets take a look at some of the beauties you picked....Trach,Palazzo,Depape,Penner and Aasman..as well as Lepp,Ottman ,Tendler and who could ever forget Beau Stewart.

Raider Believer
03-16-2015, 11:06 PM
I think RaiderBeliever before you throw everyone under the bus..lets take a look at some of the beauties you picked....Trach,Palazzo,Depape,Penner and Aasman..as well as Lepp,Ottman ,Tendler and who could ever forget Beau Stewart.

HockeyGuru, please, if you've read anything of my commentary over the last few years you'd know that I never defended and wasn't a big fan of Donn Clark the previous GM here either. He was a complete incompetent replaced by an incompetent! None of the picks you mentioned are even close to being defendable. I am 100% on your side in assessing the job he DIDN'T do. Clark deserved to be kicked to the curb, just as Campese does now.

Raider Believer
03-16-2015, 11:10 PM
HockeyGuru, please, if you've read anything of my commentary over the last few years you'd know that I never defended and wasn't a big fan of Donn Clark the previous GM here either. He was a complete incompetent replaced by an incompetent! None of the picks you mentioned are even close to being defendable. I am 100% on your side in assessing the job he DIDN'T do. Clark deserved to be kicked to the curb, just as Campese does now.

The ones who should really be thrown under the bus are the members of the BOD who have hired these clowns and rewarded mediocrity!!

walleye18
03-19-2015, 11:05 AM
Does anyone have access to a current 50 player protected list? "Small Thoughts At Large" has nothing more current than July/2014.

Sttop
03-19-2015, 01:16 PM
The 50 ppl list is getting harder and harder to get a hold of. I used to keep it updated with stats . But it has been next to impossible for me to get my hands on and I would think that the Raiders don't want it posted here of all places .

Raiderfan8
03-27-2015, 10:43 AM
Been trying to find out protective list for awhile with no luck. What is everyone's thoughts on the 5th Overall Bantam Pick? Do we take a small goal scoring defencemen like Caden Addison if he is available ? Or do we go with Koby Morrisseau who is a big kid, goal scorer, lead team in PIMS and is an aboriginal kid from Grandview Manitoba which is about 5 hours from PA. Or do we do the safe pick and pick Riley Stotts who is a smaller goal scorer who led the province of manitoba bantam aaa in scoring.

puckdad
03-27-2015, 11:49 AM
Those rocket scientists probably take another goalie to add to the stockpile.

Sttop
03-27-2015, 05:52 PM
I would think we take either Stotts or fonstad. Of course the only draft i have guessed right so far was Morrissey. But i am pretty sure no one here ever picked Guhle

Raider Believer
03-27-2015, 07:54 PM
I would think we take either Stotts or fonstad. Of course the only draft i have guessed right so far was Morrissey. But i am pretty sure no one here ever picked Guhle

Koby Morrisseau

Raiderfan8
03-27-2015, 10:35 PM
I haven't seen any of these kids play but I think Koby is the way to go.

Dwight Schrute
03-28-2015, 05:38 PM

Wasn't guhle ranked like 20th and was a shock at 3rd overall ?

mill rat
03-28-2015, 06:18 PM
Wasn't guhle ranked like 20th and was a shock at 3rd overall ?

Yeah he was somewhere around there. They picked way off the chart there. I was hoping they would have picked that Merkley kid that year.

RandyJackson
03-28-2015, 07:28 PM
Not that Guhle is a terrible player, but Christ was that ever a terrible decision. Anyone picked in the top 5 of the draft should typically be a slam dunk. To put it into perspective, Morrissey was taken 5th overall. Now, Guhle has speed, but he'll never be anywhere close to a Josh Morrissey.

Sttop
03-29-2015, 09:27 PM
Yeah he was somewhere around there. They picked way off the chart there. I was hoping they would have picked that Merkley kid that year.

I was hoping for georgio estephan . I do think Guhle played a ton better at the end of the year tho.

HockeyGuru
04-01-2015, 09:37 AM
I believe Koby Morriseau stock has slipped according to WEHP.Poor showing at Manitoba Rural championships,no work ethic at all.

Raiderfan8
04-03-2015, 10:03 AM
Interesting that he has dropped. Does PA take a forward or D-man?

Dwight Schrute
04-05-2015, 09:15 AM
Interesting that he has dropped. Does PA take a forward or D-man?

Probably whomever they could secure a commitment to actually report to pa

Sttop
04-05-2015, 11:43 AM
I dont think its as bad as people think. Kryski never said he wasent comming until clouston came around. I mean sure high end bc kids might not want to come but thats a long ways from here . Bruno will draft from sask or man in the 1st round. My bet is sask

Raider Believer
04-05-2015, 08:20 PM
I dont think its as bad as people think. Kryski never said he wasent comming until clouston came around. I mean sure high end bc kids might not want to come but thats a long ways from here . Bruno will draft from sask or man in the 1st round. My bet is sask

Will Bruno still be in the GM role on draft day?

Dwight Schrute
04-05-2015, 09:43 PM

It's besides kryski it goes back a ways to brule. Wasn't guhle picked ahead of rank due more to him being willing to report ? I may be wrong but that was my understanding of why they reached for him at 3

Sttop
04-05-2015, 10:11 PM
The 2012 draft was insane B.C deep in top end talent . 12 out of the top 18 were B.C kids . To make things worse it was a terrible year for Sask kids. with Riddle and Halbgewachs and Murray being drafted in the 1st. Guhle has turned out decent and seems to like playing here. Bruno will no doubt be running the draft . I wouldnt be suprised if he was given his option year here as well but we will see.

walleye18
04-08-2015, 03:56 PM
Any thoughts on who the 3 twenty year olds will be next season?:confused:

Raiderfan8
04-09-2015, 06:41 AM
Stewart, Lee's and Tkatch

Sttop
04-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Warriner , lee's , and whoever holds less trade value between leverton and tkatch.

Wildeyes
04-12-2015, 11:52 PM
I cant see warriner returning for his 20yr old season.

I can see Lees, Stewart and Leverton- The town of debden will probably buy a section for the whole town for his last season in the dub.

Sttop
04-12-2015, 11:57 PM
Going to be a long year if thats the best we can do for overagers

Wildeyes
04-13-2015, 12:55 AM
I can see Warriner playing pro in the wild organization next year. Stewart is a fan favorite. Craig is a "local boy". Lees will be a leader in the dressing room.

Dwight Schrute
04-13-2015, 08:41 PM
I can see Warriner playing pro in the wild organization next year. Stewart is a fan favorite. Craig is a "local boy". Lees will be a leader in the dressing room.

They also get development money from Vancouver drafting Stewart.