PDA

View Full Version : 5 game heater

curwie
01-26-2015, 10:47 AM
This deserves it's own thread. Boys are playing well. 5 in a row has a nice ring to it! I like where the future is headed!

Trav please make the thread title read 5 game heater! Sorry!

JMoney1988
01-26-2015, 12:53 PM
I'm quite impressed as well with the Blades as of late, had a chance to watch them play on Sunday on Sportsnet, they dominated the Raiders all game long.......
They haven't lost since the trade deadline which is a good sign that we may have a good team next year.........

One other positive: Our goaltending tandem seems to be working out better than I thought it would, hopefully it keeps going into next year

Uknownothing
01-26-2015, 04:05 PM
I agree the goaltending is very positive .
But I think with the change in three defence men(Henry ,Nogier ,Thompson)and bringing in Martin and Dixon and especially letting Reid and Higson play every night has helped ,its seems like the defence is playing more defence and making a good first pass out of their own zone. The Blades don't seem to be chasing the puck in their own zone that much , and I think its because they have stabilized that defence now. I like the changes going forward.

Trav
01-26-2015, 10:59 PM
Pretty nice seeing the Blades on a 5 game winning streak. Saw the game against the Warriors and while both teams made mistakes, the big difference was the Blades capitalized and the Warriors didnt.

Was really impressed with Hamm. He's been pretty good since being brought up. Wasn't sure bout him at the start but him and Amundrud have done really well and are a big part of why the team has been winning. The thing that impresses me the most probably is that their both 17 and are rookies. As long as they keep playing wlel and show they can play in the league, Luding will probably have to wait until he's 17 b4 he gets up to the Blades, which isn't a bad thing. Having a 16 yr old backup really isn't that ideal IMO. i think next year Luding could play in the BCHL since I think he's almost to good for the BC midget league. He's the top goaltender in BC Midget league if u look at his stats.

curwie
01-27-2015, 12:00 AM
I agree the goaltending is very positive .
But I think with the change in three defence men(Henry ,Nogier ,Thompson)and bringing in Martin and Dixon and especially letting Reid and Higson play every night has helped ,its seems like the defence is playing more defence and making a good first pass out of their own zone. The Blades don't seem to be chasing the puck in their own zone that much , and I think its because they have stabilized that defence now. I like the changes going forward.

Krupic has played very well as of late. Heard on the post game show on Saturday that he was extremely home sick before Christmas. Looks like the break did him good. They also said on the news tonight that the if the season were to end today that the Blades would pick 5th overall in the upcoming import draft. Gotta think that makes it tough on our imports. I'm guessing Shosnins job is safe.

One kid that I think has the potential to be a star is Mason Mcarty.

curwie
01-30-2015, 11:51 PM
Back down to reality with 2 awful efforts. Hopefully we can get a win tomorrow against Swift at Stc!

EastDivFan
01-31-2015, 01:51 PM
Consistency in effort is something that plagues all young teams. In the short term, the team needs to rely on the vets to provide leadership in this area by example. Some are worth their weight in gold in this area (*cough* Stovin *cough*). Others are just along for the ride a lot of nights. Moving forward, it will be up to the coaching staff to prove they can motivate players at this level. Based on the fact that they bring it up almost every post-game interview but don't appear to making much headway, I would find this to be an area of concern. Alternatively, management can bring in players that don't need much motivation to show up every night. I have a suspicion finding that kind of drive is as difficult as finding elite skill. I'm sure it's part of the much-ballyhooed "Blades Factor" they keep talking about like it's pixie dust.

Any player that doesn't show up tonight at home, after being embarrassed twice in the past week on the road, deserves to have a little note filed away for next season.

BigCat20
01-31-2015, 02:32 PM
Sounds like they are pretty banged up this wkend! Not sure the logic in only carrying 6 dmen & 1 extra forward. With Skapski & Dixon injured, no extras forward & down a dman. So going forward it's going to be a "call up when needed" situation. Really hope we get a chance to see some of the signed 15 yr olds that they are so high on. Think with weekend games, this would be the ideal time to come up. Or maybe during their respected school breaks????