PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets for 2015/2016

dsquared
02-10-2015, 11:15 AM
Ouch - just got my season ticket package for next season - we are going to pay and pay again. They are raising the prices to: $520 for Gold with no kids/senior discount if you get in on Early Bird or $625 regular. Silver is $400 for early bird and $500 for regular.
thats a heck of an increase ~20%? pretty rough on someone on a fixed income.

sbtatter
02-10-2015, 12:49 PM
Ouch - just got my season ticket package for next season - we are going to pay and pay again. They are raising the prices to: $520 for Gold with no kids/senior discount if you get in on Early Bird or $625 regular. Silver is $400 for early bird and $500 for regular.

Are the silvers behind the nets? What was this years cost?

dsquared
02-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Are the silvers behind the nets? What was this years cost?

Silvers are behind the nets. I believe this season lower level behind the nets was considered regular seating and upper level on east side was discounted - I think I recall $199 for those seats on early bird basis ......

RWAH
02-10-2015, 01:36 PM
This was first postedin January
We do not have the finite plan but I note that I surfed the East Conference teams web sites, and only Calgary and Edmonton have pricing by zone. Edmonton prices $709 sides and $548 ends
Calgary has 3 zones but offer senior, youth/student and child discounts in all zones.
Swift has some section discounts for lower rows and a family sections.
All of the other teams discount by age and most use 4 classes Adult, Senior, Youth/Student 12/13 and child 5 to 12/13
East division adult price (without earlybird discount) are Brn $450. MJ unknown, PA $540, Pats 1/2 season $299 (if you know the season price please post) S'toon $564, Swift $537
Central division Cal $613 or $537 or $424, Edm $709 or $549, Koot $565 Let $414, MH $499, RD 1/2 season $299 (if you know what the full season price was please post)
not of much use but interesting.
comments welcome

This wil make the Pats the second highest ticket price in the East conferencn and may be the league. Please note only EDM and CAL price by zone and Calgary is less than these prices and have discounts for Sen. Jun. and child..

My 2 sen and 2 jun in the silver go to $1600.00 from what was less than $1000.00 Fat chance I will be there next season, it will be a 10 or 15 game coupon purchase and I will pick and choose the game to attend

sbtatter
02-10-2015, 02:30 PM
As reference I think my adult early birds in Bdn were $350?

patsdude114
02-10-2015, 03:51 PM

The new owners must really want to see the ends full instead of the middle it will look stupid when we get games on TV....no way families are going to pay those prices for their kids to go to every game.

For me it doesn't really effect me much at al as I have no kids and even at regular prices of $625 for gold (which my seat is) its still an avg of $17.36/game which is worth it for me but if I had kids no way in hell would I be paying those prices for them it would be a pat pack for them.

Not saying it will make a difference but send the Pats office a email and express yourself with how these new prices effect families as junior hockey is suppose to a family outing

pats@reginapats.com

RWAH
02-10-2015, 04:47 PM
Let me correct one thing first. My 4 tickets for the 2015/15 season were $1040.00 the same tickets for the 2015/16 season are $1600.00. Look what added value next season for $560.00 are 36 season ticket holder game prize raffles, 4 up from 2 bring a friend coupons and any (week day) toonie trade in, more opportunity to give my tickets away. Looks to me like the new owners are wanting to pay for the new clock/video in one year.
Next season it will be four 20 game ($1080.00) flex packs books and the Pats attendance drops from 144 (36 X 4) to 80.

Bighat
02-10-2015, 05:55 PM
The Bighat is back from Hawaii and look someone wants us to pay for that new clock. Every team in junior hockey is bitc**** about attendance figures this season and what do the pats do raise ticket prices and draw less fans. Makes good business sense. $18.00 for jr hockey is insane. I'm glad Ive taken my stand sorry bye pats. I can go to Phoenix a couple times a year in the winter and watch hockey for the price of my 2 tickets.

patsdude114
02-10-2015, 08:01 PM
Bighat I don't agree with you much but that last comment I fully agree with you on that.....

One thing that hasn't been released yet from my understanding is what walk up prices are going to be. As of right now adult prices are $20/ticket if they don't raise those prices for walk ups it sure doesn't give much incentive to get season tickets as it's usually for savings but a piddley like $2.50ish per ticket is not much savings.

I've been a fan of everything this new ownership group has done so far except these new prices. If they wanted to raise the current ticket prices/setup by $1-$2 I would be totally fine with that but this new gold and silver setup is not benefitting anyone as it's takin away the family experience that junior hockey is suppose to be.

Bighat
02-11-2015, 08:19 PM
So I received my ticket package today and there $540 isn't that the same as last year for early bird. The season ticket after price $650 is more and walk up of $25 is a little high.

patsdude114
02-11-2015, 11:07 PM
yep $25 for walk up tickets for a decent ticket in this new gold seating...

another town hall meeting on feb 21st I may just attend this 1 and ask some questions about this new ticket pricing.

dsquared
02-12-2015, 05:32 PM
So I received my ticket package today and there $540 isn't that the same as last year for early bird. The season ticket after price $650 is more and walk up of $25 is a little high.

Last year the ticket price on early bird basis was $430 - that's a 21% increase .......

nivek_wahs
02-12-2015, 05:42 PM
Last year the ticket price on early bird basis was $430 - that's a 21% increase .......What about the Seniors ($330) and Youth ($190)..... to $520..... those are some hefty increases.

dsquared
02-12-2015, 08:26 PM
What about the Seniors ($330) and Youth ($190)..... to $520..... those are some hefty increases.

I don't believe they really care - they are hurting young families and seniors the most. Look around the rink this is the base of their season ticket subscribers.

Somewhere I recall something about increasing prices results in decreased demand. I have only talked to a couple of season ticket holders and both indicated they will let their tickets lapse.

They are stressing that you receive value for your entertainment dollar - the ownership group has said nothing to justify such steep increases. It is not like the Pats have been successful and people are beating down the doors for tickets. I am sure you could find quotes from Parker that his objective was to compete for the Memorial Cup. This group has done nothing to prove itself deserving of this price increase when the average cost of living was ~1.8%

crashnbang
02-13-2015, 10:13 AM
There's really not much incentive to be a season ticket holder whatsoever. Even this year, you think you are getting a bargain but then they go ahead and sell tickets for half the season at discounted rate. I'm guessing they will do the same next year too as season ticket holder numbers aren't likely to go up with the hike in price. I don't really get it, you make money by putting people in the seats (with beer, concessions and merchandise) not by increasing the price per seat. Tickets are always available and although I like the on ice product, many people go to Pats games because it is a reasonable price for good entertainment - many of these people will no longer be going. With that said, I'll still be a season ticket holder but I really feel for families and I don't think such a dramatic increase is a good thing for the organization overall. I never really get the argument for discounted Senior rates, in most cases they are the ones that can afford to pay whereas the 20-60 year olds are the ones that need the price break. The walk up price increase won't help bring in fans either.

chopper
02-14-2015, 12:10 AM
I sit in the gold section and I have for number of years. There are many more like me who will not be grandfathered. My increase will be 63% and if i don't like it I have to move to inferior seats. One fellow I know brings his wife and has two other seats for his student grandson and one other granddaughter all in the gold area. He will not be able to afford the $2100 that it will cost even at earlybird prices. Are these guys freakin morons? They are going to price themselves right out of business. Season ticket holders who have been loyal for years are being forced out of the rink, or at best forced to move from their long time seats. So much for paying back the fan base. You can buy nosebleed seats in a lot of NHL rinks for not much more money. This is a slap to season ticket holders.

RWAH
02-14-2015, 11:05 AM
Oh look Brandon is holding the line on 2015/16 season tickets. and the Early bird deadline is June not April http://gdrinnan.blogspot.ca/

patsdude114
02-14-2015, 06:08 PM
http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/2015/02/whl-season-ticket-prices-around-league.html

I will be printing this off and making photo copies of it and handing them out at the town hall meeting. Let everyone be informed for this meeting. Will prob only limit it to 100 copies

Here is a list of WHL Season Ticket Prices for the 2014/15 season league wide......

BRANDON WHEAT KINGS
ADULT-$450 SENIORS-$400
STUDENT- N/A CHILD-$200

CALGARY HITMEN
ADULT SENIORS STUDENT CHILD
red- $613 red-$448 red-$410 red-$306
copper-$533 copper-$389 copper-$351 copper-266
blue-$424 blue-$294 blue-294 blue-$195

EDMONTON OIL KINGS
RED-$1049 GOLD-$709 BLUE- $549 (Area seating prices only)

EVERETT SILVERTIPS
BLUE-$895 SILVER-$695 GREEN-$525 PURPLE-$595 RED-$450 ORANGE-$430
(Area seating prices only)

KAMLOOPS BLAZERS
ADULT- $426 SENIORS-$374
STUDENT-$252 YOUTH-$170

CLUB SEATING $426 (applies to anyone who wants seats in this area)

KELOWNA ROCKETS
ADULT-$530 SENIORS-$412
STUDENT-$412 YOUTH-$272

CLUB SEATING $734 (applies to anyone who wants seats in this area)

KOOTENAY ICE
ADULT- $565 SENIORS-$465
STUDENT- $415 YOUTH- $365

LETHBRIDGE HURRICANES
ADULT-$414 SENIORS-$305
STUDENT-$415 YOUTH-$125

MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
ADULT-$499 SENIORS- N/A
STUDENT-$259 YOUTH-$159

MOOSE JAW WARRIORS
ADULT-$460 SENIORS- N/A
STUDENT-$310 YOUTH-$185

PORTLAND WINTERHAWKS
WHITE-$940 BLUE-$755 PURPLE-$698 RED-$698 ORANGE-$584
YELLOW1-$464 YELLOW2-$327

PRINCE ALBERT RAIDERS
ADULT-$540/$441 SENIORS-$468/386
(area seating only applies to adults & seniors)
STUDENT-$358 YOUTH-$187

PRINCE GEORGE COUGARS
ADULT-$538 SENIORS-$362
STUDENT-$358 YOUTH-$224

RED DEER REBELS
ADULT $564 ($599 AFTER MAY 30, 2014)
SENIOR (65+) $464 ($499 AFTER MAY 30, 2014)
YOUTH (13-17) $464 ($499 AFTER MAY 30, 2014)
CHILD (3-12) $299

REGINA PATS
ADULT-$520 SENIORS-$385
YOUTH & SPECIAL NEEDS-$260

SASKATOON BLADES
ADULT-$565 SENIORS-$450
STUDENT-$360 YOUTH-$180

CLUB SEATING $666 (applies to anyone who wants seats in this area)

SEATTLE THUNDERBIRDS
CLUB- $975 GLASS-$738 PREMIUM-$576
NORTH ZONE ADULT-$414 NORTH ZONE YOUTH-$306

SPOKANE CHIEFS
ADULT PRICES.....PURPLE-$595 YELLOW-$520 RED-$470 BLUE-$405 GREEN-$362

YOUTH PRICES.....PUPRPLE-$324 YELLOW-$308 RED-$272 BLUE-$242

SWIFT CURRENT BRONCOS
PLATINUM-$537 STANDING-#384
SILVER ADULT-$337
SILVER YOUTH-$241
SILVER CHILD-$206

TRI-CITY AMERICANS
ADULT-$788 SENIORS-$659
STUDENT-$492 YOUTH-$383

VANCOUVER GIANTS
GOLD- $639 RED-$549

VICTORIA ROYALS
ADULT............ SIDES-$612 CORNERS-$522 UPPER-$414
SENIORS & STUDENTS-$414 YOUTH-$198

CLUB-$892 KING CLUB-$1172
(applies to anyone who wants seats in this area)

Bighat
02-14-2015, 07:19 PM
So at $540 the pats tickets look to be in line with the rest of the league except for not having a senior and student discount. I think having to pay by the end of April is ridiculous, especially if you just bought playoff tickets. The deadline should be 1/2 by June 1st and the rest August 1st. I think you would see more season tickets sold. Most people by 2-4 tickets and this would help the pocket book especially with summer holidays. I can't wait for your (pats dude) commentary on the hall meeting. I hope they really take to heart what you have to say.

dsquared
02-15-2015, 12:02 PM
from Leader Post January 20,2015

Media release:

Regina, Saskatchewan – The Regina Pats Hockey Club is excited to announce a new ticket structure in the Brandt Centre for the 2015-16 season.

Queen City Sports & Entertainment Group, in conjunction with members of the Regina Pats’ front office, agreed the Pats will move to a professional-style ticket structure by retiring the current model of Adult-Senior-Youth and replacing it with a location-based Gold & Silver seating system.

Current season-ticket holders have the first opportunity to take advantage of the new system when it is unveiled in the month of February.

Pats announce new ticket structure

The Pats seem to think they are worthy of the label "Professional" Hockey Club. Funny I thought the WHL/CHL were minor/amature league(s)...............

nivek_wahs
02-21-2015, 12:03 PM
Ummmm.....

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/hockey/pats-hockey/Regina+Pats+address+ticket+controversy/10832903/story.html

Regina Pats address ticket controversy

BY GREG HARDER, LEADER-POST FEBRUARY 21, 2015 11:42 AM

Regina Pats address ticket controversy

The Regina Pats’ new ticket prices are proving to be a tough sell.

The WHL club recently announced a location-based system which is being imposed for the 2015-16 season. That means the Pats are retiring the old adult-senior-youth model and replacing it with seats in two categories: Gold and silver.

The new framework is similar to what’s being offered in the NHL and by WHL teams like the Edmonton Oil Kings, Vancouver Giants, Portland Winterhawks and Everett Silvertips.

The Pats have already been approached by other clubs who are interested in updating their own ticket structures.

The issue for fans in Regina is the fact that eliminating senior and youth tickets could translate into a substantial price increase. There will also be a hike for adults in the gold section, although silver does offer a reduction.

“I know people will compare it to years past and suggest we have gone up considerably,” said Anthony Marquart, who leads the Pats’ new five-man ownership group. “I can’t speak to the past other than as a season-ticket holder myself. But I know there hasn’t been a price increase in at least four years. The price should have increased at a minimum for inflation, which it hasn’t. No franchise can exist long term by having the rates the way they were in the past.”

Despite revenue challenges, Marquart believes the Pats’ owners have put their money where their mouth is since purchasing the team from Russ Parker last spring for roughly $7.5 million. Of particular note, they spent more than $3 million on an NHL-calibre scoreboard and other related upgrades to the Brandt Centre.

On the hockey side, the Pats went “all in” by hiring one of the league’s most expensive coaching staffs, led by former NHL coach/GM John Paddock and assisted by former Saskatoon Blades bench boss Dave Struch. The club also added five new scouts as well as additional office/gameday staff, with the scoreboard alone requiring a new control room with a five-person crew.

“We have invested significant additional dollars into the Regina Pats and the (ticket) increase is nominal compared to the overall investment,” said Marquart, who pointed out that the new season-ticket rates translate to $10.53 per game in the silver section and $13.68 for gold.

“We think that’s a reasonable price for somebody to pay. This has nothing to do with paying for the scoreclock. There is no amount of season-ticket increase that will ever pay for the scoreclock. But we did it anyway because we wanted to do that for the community.”

Marquart anticipated some resistance to the new ticket structure and vows to listen to those concerns. However, he also hopes people consider the bigger picture.

“We fully support our season-ticket base,” he said. “Many of them have been there for years. What we’re saying to them now is, ‘This is a game-changer moment.’ We are committed to a winning franchise and improving the game-day experience. That costs money.”

Up to now, the changes implemented by the new owners have been generally applauded. However, the ticket increase appears to have struck a chord — especially with seniors.

In an email to the Leader-Post, Foster Monson noted the cost of his two season tickets — senior for himself and youth for his grandchild — will double in price from $520 to $1,040.

Jim Nelson paid $760 for two season tickets this year ($330 senior, $430 adult). If he takes advantage of the early bird rate, which is due at the end of April, those same tickets in the gold zone will cost $1,040.

“I expected an increase and I think it’s fully justified but — holy crap,” said Nelson. “I know someone who has been a season-ticket holder for over 40 years and he pretty much says, ‘That’s it; it’s too much for me.’

“They haven’t exactly got people lining up at the door for season tickets. It’s ill advised. They’re just slowly bringing the crowds back. I think the owners are doing a hell of a job actually — until they dropped this one on us.”

Arnice Crosthwaite was hit hard, too. She’s facing a 63 per cent increase on her two senior tickets in the gold zone.

“If you were renting a house and they increased your rent by 63 per cent, you’d move out,” she noted. “I think it’s drastic and not giving the seniors who have been going to those games for decades any break at all is outrageous.”

As a result, Crosthwaite said she and her husband will strongly consider not renewing for the first time in eight seasons.

“Most of the people who sit around us have been season-ticket holders for quite a while,” she continued. “I’d say more than half of them have said the same thing to me, that they don’t intend to renew.

“It’s kind of sad because it’s fun to go to the games, but we can take our $700 and go someplace else.”

The Pats’ season-ticket base has dipped in recent years to just under 2,700. Marquart doesn’t want that number to fall even more, but he thinks fans will be more amenable to the changes once they have a better understanding of the options at their disposal, including family packs, multi-game flex packs and group rates for schools, charities and other community programs.

“We’re not trying to hurt seniors; it’s the opposite,” said Marquart. “We’re not trying to hurt families. We want all of them to participate. That’s why we’re offering payment plans. We want to give everybody an opportunity to sit where they want to sit and to be able to pay for it.”

With that in mind, the Pats are holding a “town-hall meeting” today at the Brandt Centre (5:15 p.m.) prior to their game against the Red Deer Rebels. Marquart and president Todd Lumbard are slated to attend and answer questions.

“We’re here to speak to anybody,” added Marquart. “We’re passionate. We know we’re doing the right thing. We’re bringing some other initiatives in which fans haven’t seen yet. As the years go on, we’re going to be more and more involved in the community. We’re going to be donating more back to the community. We hope our fans appreciate that and come out and support the team.”

gharder@leaderpost.com

© Copyright (c) The Regina Leader-Post

RWAH
02-21-2015, 03:01 PM
Thanks Kevin I do not get the Leader Post. From the article it seams the new owners are set on this path and will not change. Interesting the only WHL teams in our conference that market by zones are Edm and Cal and both have over a million population and an NHL team that helps market season tickets. The average season ticket price for the east Div. is $510.00 and west div. is $560.00 and these owners set the price at $625.00. It is a professional system, right in line with most AHL teams. I for one, think it is a huge mistake to no have a youth, season and game day ticket. The WHL games will be like the NHL games adults only and then the Brandt centre will be quiet as a mouse.

chopper
02-21-2015, 03:59 PM
These guys are pathetic. Marquardt says we are trying to help out by doing a "Payment Plan" We will help you people like seniors and youth pay the extortionist rate by making instalments. How asinine!

If these guys had staff asking for a 63% increase or were facing a 63-100% increase in their material and goods, they would be out of business. It's good they have deep pockets as they may need it to pay for the shortfall that is inevitably coming.

When the average fans is only facing a 20% increase I think although high, is liveable. Why should students and youth pay 63% more when everyone else pays only 20% more! One can seriously start to think of buying the full On-demand package.

You can watch home and away at a far cheaper rate. It's the way of the future. Sad to see folks driven from their seats.

dsquared
02-21-2015, 04:02 PM
I see no point to attending the meeting later this evening. Here's how it will go :

Owners will attempt to justify obscene prices increases climing you receive value for money spent
Owners say look you have wonderful payment plan and disregard the fact a family of four has to still shell out over $2000 for CHL tickets no matter how you pay for it. Remember this is not a brass and oak coffin with silk lining
ticket holders will complain and tell the owners they will not renew with no change in prices
Owners will walk away thinking that they have listened to ticket holders and everybody will renew
ticket holders will walk away more p*ssed off vowing not to renew

patsdude114
02-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Just getting ready to leave for this meeting and I agree with all points made. I have made copies of the league wide season ticket holder prices for this season to hand out.

I wonder if the owners have looked into league wide prices or just based our prices on a certain percentage increase..... I think ill hand a copy to Anthony as well

Bighat
02-21-2015, 05:38 PM
I have no problem with seniors paying the same price as everyone else but to increase ticket prices $90/year. They should have introduced the gold silver section pricing this year as status quo for $450 for everyone and then increase them gradually over the next 2 seasons. They may have a plan for a team to challenge for a mem cup, but here's a news flash your years away from that so your increasing prices for the game day experience (game changer) is not for the on ice product, yet. Can I charge the pats for every time i miss action because some idiot walks in front of me when the play is on. Maybe negotiate a better concession deal with the exhibition board or build your own rink. The parking situation sucks too. When you bundle everything together have you really improved the game day experience. All the changes are for the future except the score clock, so in my opinion I would do a gradually change and within 2-3 years your price increases would be met with little to no resentment.

Just my opinion.

crashnbang
02-21-2015, 10:45 PM
How about the owners focus on something that will actually improve game experience and get rid of that terrible black netting that is hard to see through. Most places have went with a white one that you barely notice or even more of a clear fishing line material that is extremely thin but still stops a puck no problem. Maybe that is Evraz places responsibility but that is something people would appreciate in my mind.

RWAH
02-22-2015, 12:15 AM
Dsquared you were right on. The deed was done and the owners only wanted to sell their side.
I for one will not be buying the play off package this season. Will attend the two games in this year tickets but will not after that it will be web cast for the rest. Hoping a lot of people do the same, the Pats get 2nd and Swift wins a game. It will be 6484 for games 1 & 2, 3 & 4 in Swift and game 5 with 3000 in the rink. Make sure you e-mail the Pats and tell them you are not purchasing the play off package as a protest to the 2015/16 season tickets.

chopper
02-22-2015, 08:48 AM
BIGHTHAT…really!!! You don't think seniors and students should get a break. Students have meagre incomes working at Mcdonalds or babysitting. Seniors have in many cases small fixed incomes. A senior couple who have to pay $1040 over $660 told me they may have to choose paying their water bill or buy Pats tickets. Maybe one day you will have the privilege of having a small fixed income, and having to live off that. Selling off your tickets is your option, but there is a couple target groups who would like to keep theirs.

Calgary and Kelowna who have been winning franchises charge seniors and students about $400 for their seasons tickets. In Regina it's $520 or 23% more! Is there any reason why seniors pay 23% more in Regina than Calgary? OR 63% more than last season.

If they wanted to increase everything by 20% across the board, that even though high would have been more fair. They treatment of seniors and students is deplorable since they were the ones who kept this teams seasons ticket base up there in the poor years.

Young families between mid 20's and early 40's don't buy seasons tickets because they're busy with their kids. Trying to get new immigrant families into the rink is impossible at these rates. This ownership group has hurt themselves more than they know.

Bighat
02-22-2015, 10:33 AM
Chopper the seniors in my section and the ones I know have more money then working 35-55 people. There should be a family section just like football games at a reduced rate. I don't agree with the price increase of non early bird prices or game day but the early bird price at $540 is in line with every other team. I can also see paid parking again once the stadium is finished. I've made my desicion to not buy playoff package and to not renew my season tickets for a few reasons which include the early bird renewal date. I do realize that there are seniors who will have to make tough desicions to renew or not or just have rider season tickets. Yes I know seniors have both rider and pats season tickets. With the discounts they receive they can afford both, which working 35-55 individuals can not.

brandonboy
02-22-2015, 11:10 AM
Chopper the seniors in my section and the ones I know have more money then working 35-55 people. There should be a family section just like football games at a reduced rate. I don't agree with the price increase of non early bird prices or game day but the early bird price at $540 is in line with every other team. I can also see paid parking again once the stadium is finished. I've made my desicion to not buy playoff package and to not renew my season tickets for a few reasons which include the early bird renewal date. I do realize that there are seniors who will have to make tough desicions to renew or not or just have rider season tickets. Yes I know seniors have both rider and pats season tickets. With the discounts they receive they can afford both, which working 35-55 individuals can not.
You are possibly the most clueless person I've ever seen post on this site over the years, and there have been some real winners. Most seniors are very fixed income and have very little expendable money as it is. Not to mention these are people that have put their time in and deserve a few breaks in life just out of respect.

Bighat
02-22-2015, 12:24 PM
Everyone wanted new owners, clock, better coaches. Then everyone must pay. I respect my seniors and appreciate everything they have done, but everyone must absorb the increase not just the 30-55 age bracket which is the driving force of the economy. The seniors in my section have nive gov pensions and have season tickets to the riders and pats. They did say that they may have to make a choice to go to one or the other. My self I've made my choice.
Chopper I understand you, but there is nothing that can be done. The $540 for season tickets is in par with every other major city.

Oh brandon boy why don't you just go ( your not worth it) lol.

booboo
02-22-2015, 04:41 PM
You are a clueless twit. [Regina] is a small [city] on the prairies and cannot be compared to Calgary, Vancouver , and Edmonton. Get real man. Good luck convincing some people that 63% increase in ticket prices makes a whole lot of sense.:groovy:

Bighat
02-22-2015, 05:43 PM
That's why I'm not renewing my tickets idiot. The problem is regina is not a small city anymore it's growing. Like I said they should have left the tickets status quo (for everyone) at $440. Kids 12 and under 1/2 price but I do feel seniors should pay the same as adult (sorry just my opinion). In brandon you can't charge more cause it's a small center like mj pa and swift. I don't agree with the price increase but there is sweet fu** all I can do. When they build there own building and can make revenue on concessions then maybe things will be different.
Just wait when the riders move into their new stadium and the prices go through the roof.

booboo
02-22-2015, 06:07 PM
Are you thinking the prices for Rider games will soar? That's too bad that sports tickets are becoming so exorbitant that it excludes some people from going to the games.

brandonboy
02-22-2015, 07:05 PM
Everyone wanted new owners, clock, better coaches. Then everyone must pay. I respect my seniors and appreciate everything they have done, but everyone must absorb the increase not just the 30-55 age bracket which is the driving force of the economy. The seniors in my section have nive gov pensions and have season tickets to the riders and pats. They did say that they may have to make a choice to go to one or the other. My self I've made my choice.
Chopper I understand you, but there is nothing that can be done. The $540 for season tickets is in par with every other major city.

Oh brandon boy why don't you just go ( your not worth it) lol.

The true measure of a man is how he treats his elders. Although I think calling you a man would be a stretch.

Bighat
02-22-2015, 07:18 PM
Brandon boy your so off course man I wouldn't go there. If you new what I did and do for the elderly you would feel like a piece of sh*t.

Just because I have a different opinion on tickets doesn't reflect on my person.

Bighat
02-22-2015, 07:20 PM
End of subject for me. It is what it is.

RWAH
02-25-2015, 12:26 PM
Look the Blades most likely to hold ticket pricing. their goal to fill the lower bowl not to increase prices100%. QCSE are you listening? http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/Priestner+more+concerned+with+Blades+wins+than+rev enue/10839817/story.html

crashnbang
02-25-2015, 10:33 PM
I've changed my thoughts on season tickets pricing after seeing the actual numbers and getting some more info from ownership. Yes it is a big increase for Seniors and Youth but as Ownership and Kellen (the guy in charge of tickets) repeatedly mentioned, they feel that a Gold, early bird season ticket at $520 which is $13.68 taxes included per game and Silver season ticket at $400 which is $10.53 taxes included per game are both very fair pricing for the product they are offering. They also mentioned they have one of the highest payrolls in the WHL, if not CHL, when it comes to coaching staff and management along with adding local scout Mike Sillinger, a scout in the Phoenix area, a scout in B.C (BC is a hockey hot bed these days) and I forget the last location but I think somewhere in the eastern part of USA. This should lead to continuous improvements and consistently competitive teams that can go deep in the playoffs each year. Now will that be the case? Only time can tell but I like this direction and I decided I'm willing to pay for the season tickets because of these things.

I would like to see ownership get their own arena built and there is rumor of that happening, this would allow the team to keep 100% of concessions and bring in revenue so that there would be less focus on increasing ticket prices going forward - I don't know what percentage of concessions they get, but rest assured Evraz is getting the majority of concession revenue. Also with new scouting staff in more geographical regions, I hope they don't overlook local Sask kids and even bordering Manitoba kids because Sask kids seem to have that competitive edge so let's not give up our own to others plus local kids bring in more fans.

Personally, I'd give up my Riders ticekts long before my Pats tickets. My 38 Pats games are less money than my 11 Rider games and let's face it, WHL hockey is way more entertaining than any football game ever will be.

RWAH
02-26-2015, 12:07 PM
Crashnbang: Let me start by agreeing with you that QCSE have the Pats going in the right direction (great coaches, talented players, more scouts). But it is QCSE that built the high priced staffing, and it is no garrentee of success on the ice. Look at Brandon the lowest priced ticket in the CHL. Probable one of the lower hockey operation expenses in the WHL and yet have had more long term success than most WHL teams.
The question to ask QCSE is what is the advantage of a zone (one price fits all) system over an age discounted system. The answer I got is the same as you got " $13.00 and $11.00 is fair value" I agree it is fair value if you are a Regina Pat or Junior hockey (reasonable dedicated) fan ( adult or senior). Its hard for the 5 or 8 or 10 year old to stay dedicated for two and a half hours at a time.
Zone pricing is used by Cal. Edm. & Van all centres with a million or more population and all have a NHL team. Calgary uses zone pricing but has age discounting in all zones. The Riders ( the most successful sport franchise in Western Canada) use age discounting.
When you do the math 2700 season tickets current is approx. $950,000.00 with the new zone system at 2700 tickets with 2/3 gold and 1/3 silver its 1,300,000.00 or about a 35% increase. This begs to ask is the zone pricing a RED HERRING for a 35% increase. Where is fair and equalitable when on the side (gold) the price increase is adult 21% senior 58% youth 174% and on the ends (silver) adult decreases 7% senior increase 21% and youth 111%.
New zone seating without a youth game day ticket a family of 4 in gold seating it is $100.00 to get in the door or silver $60.00. IMO the attendance will decline and age as the youth will be priced out of the areana.
Lastly QCSE, if thats the plan it could have been handled so much better. In two town hall meetings there was not any inkling, Was there any (Focus Group (with ticket holder) discussions, Were the catagories that are effected the most grandfathered in and increased over a season or two . Has anyone explained the advantages of zone pricing over age pricing.
IMO after this season and the increase of an average of 316 fans per game for the first 30 games QCSE could have continued to build a fan base but this will choke off a lot of momentum.
Sorry for being so long winded The Pats are one of the only three teams in the WHL to experience an increase in attendance ( it will be a one season wonder)

crashnbang
02-26-2015, 01:36 PM
Crashnbang: Let me start by agreeing with you that QCSE have the Pats going in the right direction (great coaches, talented players, more scouts). But it is QCSE that built the high priced staffing, and it is no garrentee of success on the ice. Look at Brandon the lowest priced ticket in the CHL. Probable one of the lower hockey operation expenses in the WHL and yet have had more long term success than most WHL teams.
The question to ask QCSE is what is the advantage of a zone (one price fits all) system over an age discounted system. The answer I got is the same as you got " $13.00 and $11.00 is fair value" I agree it is fair value if you are a Regina Pat or Junior hockey (reasonable dedicated) fan ( adult or senior). Its hard for the 5 or 8 or 10 year old to stay dedicated for two and a half hours at a time.
Zone pricing is used by Cal. Edm. & Van all centres with a million or more population and all have a NHL team. Calgary uses zone pricing but has age discounting in all zones. The Riders ( the most successful sport franchise in Western Canada) use age discounting.
When you do the math 2700 season tickets current is approx. $950,000.00 with the new zone system at 2700 tickets with 2/3 gold and 1/3 silver its 1,300,000.00 or about a 35% increase. This begs to ask is the zone pricing a RED HERRING for a 35% increase. Where is fair and equalitable when on the side (gold) the price increase is adult 21% senior 58% youth 174% and on the ends (silver) adult decreases 7% senior increase 21% and youth 111%.
New zone seating without a youth game day ticket a family of 4 in gold seating it is $100.00 to get in the door or silver $60.00. IMO the attendance will decline and age as the youth will be priced out of the areana.
Lastly QCSE, if thats the plan it could have been handled so much better. In two town hall meetings there was not any inkling, Was there any (Focus Group (with ticket holder) discussions, Were the catagories that are effected the most grandfathered in and increased over a season or two . Has anyone explained the advantages of zone pricing over age pricing.
IMO after this season and the increase of an average of 316 fans per game for the first 30 games QCSE could have continued to build a fan base but this will choke off a lot of momentum.
Sorry for being so long winded The Pats are one of the only three teams in the WHL to experience an increase in attendance ( it will be a one season wonder)

It is clear the Pats are doing everything they can to make sure anyone wanting tickets gets early bird pricing (even offering 0% interest and a payment plan). If you don't get in on early bird pricing, that's your own mistake. Also, I don't care about the percentage increase any more - If you want $6.78 per ticket like before, then you are asking for your franchise to go under.

Brandon Wheat Kings get full acccess to the Keystone Center for a very minimal fee, it is a smaller market and the city of Brandon makes sure the Wheat Kings not only survive, but that they can thrive in such a small market so they help out in all ways possible. Who in Regina does anything to support the Regina Pats other than the dedicated fans - I don't see any breaks from Evraz Place or the City for the Pats - these things happen in Brandon. I don't know what other perks the Wheat Kings have but I'm sure they are in on concessions and you know when Kelly McCrimmon is involved that he is getting the best of all worlds for the Wheat Kings - just look at the trades and transcations he has managed over the last few years - mind boggling. No money exchanging hands? That's a whole other topic though.

When the City of Regina and other local and provincial organizations (and even some of our so called dedicated fans) start supporting the Pats instead of always complaining about ownership and paying $13-$14 for the best seat in the house. Most complaining are likely devouring mini doughnuts, candy apples and $6 cheeseburgers at the game anyways. At least ketchup blends in nicely with Calgary Flames red!

QCSE didn't make this change over night, I give them credit for informing fans as much as they have - they aren't obligated to do so.

patsdude114
02-26-2015, 03:29 PM
To be fair RWAH was going off the early bird ticket prices

Early Bird
GOLD- $14.44/ticket (regular season games only)
SILVER- $11.11/ticket (regular season games only)

Regular Prices (aka after Early Bird)
GOLD- $17.36/ticket (regular season games only)
SILVER- $13.89/ticket (regular season games only)

The new voucher pack prices are already posted on the team's website too....

10 game packs
GOLD- $190 for $19/ticket
SILVER- $140 FOR $14/ticket
ACCESSIBLE- $140 FOR $14/ticket

20 game packs
GOLD- $360 for $18/ticket
SILVER- $270 for $13.50/ticket
ACCESSIBLE- $270 for $13.50/ticket

As great as the voucher packs are in terms of the cost/ticket to attend a game its still a lot of money for a family to fork over to go to a game. What I mean by that is to save a little money they got to spend $140 or $190 which for a family of 4 will get them into 2 games with 2 tickets to spare. I get the whole got to spend money to make money (& in this sense spend money to save a bit of money). The 10 game packs are really only saving money if you are getting tickets for the gold if you get the silver 10 game pack your saving a whole freaken $1/ticket as walk up tickets for that area are suppose to be $15... in gold ya your saving $6/ticket which is a good saving

I can agree that if you don't get in on the early bird prices that is your own fault, especially since they are offering $100 down payment/seat to assure you the early bird prices which then have to be paid by I thought I heard July 15th but correct me if that date is wrong.

The $14 tickets are a fair price for adults and even seniors but that price for kids is a little steep. With this new VIP card that they talked about during the Town Hall meeting as season ticket holders are said to be getting discounted ticket prices when we purchase tickets for others (with no limit).

RWAH
02-26-2015, 03:44 PM
The numbers are EB pricing. the $11.00 and $13.00 is EB prices. The price after April 30 for season tickets are $16.45 and $13.16. and Game day will be $25.00 and $15.00. I have stated here and told QCSE I agree with the prices for myself (senior) but I do not agree for my 7 yr old grand children and will not be renewing to youth seats I now purchase.
The one question remains unanswered. What is the advantage of zone ticket pricing as apposed to age pricing???
Dont be fooled by the interest free payment, It sounds good but most other teams don't have an April renewal deadline most are June or July
Beside a 35% increase in season ticket revenue What is the advantage of zone ticket pricing as apposed to age pricing???
So we can agree to disagree and I will decide if I wish to attend Pat games without my grand children or take that time and $1600.00 and do something else with them. It will probable be a mix 8 or 10 pat games , some swimming, skating, movies etc.

brandonboy
02-26-2015, 04:06 PM
Could some of you as season ticket holders go to a local radio station or news outlet and call a privet season ticket holder meeting? At the meeting get everyone on board to sign a petition not to renew your season tickets until pricing is revised. If even 30-40% of people get on board it could impact pretty significantly one would think.

RWAH
02-26-2015, 04:29 PM
brandonboy: it sounds good but I am not sure the owners have the courage to admit the one size fits all system is wrong and change back to an age system.

crashnbang
02-26-2015, 05:42 PM
The numbers are EB pricing. the $11.00 and $13.00 is EB prices. The price after April 30 for season tickets are $16.45 and $13.16. and Game day will be $25.00 and $15.00. I have stated here and told QCSE I agree with the prices for myself (senior) but I do not agree for my 7 yr old grand children and will not be renewing to youth seats I now purchase.
The one question remains unanswered. What is the advantage of zone ticket pricing as apposed to age pricing???
Dont be fooled by the interest free payment, It sounds good but most other teams don't have an April renewal deadline most are June or July
Beside a 35% increase in season ticket revenue What is the advantage of zone ticket pricing as apposed to age pricing???
So we can agree to disagree and I will decide if I wish to attend Pat games without my grand children or take that time and $1600.00 and do something else with them. It will probable be a mix 8 or 10 pat games , some swimming, skating, movies etc.

I hope you had good seats, I'm looking for an upgrade.

Fight Guy
02-26-2015, 06:56 PM
I've been quite on this situation as I don't have a whole lot of problems with it. The only thing is the youth/student pricing. The increase in price across the board is on par with where it probably should be, but I have to agree, $25 walk up for a kid is pretty pricy. Also, the season ticket price is a pretty steep increase when it comes to youths. Otherwise, it's set up to encourage you to take in more games than just walking up, which is also going to help encourage people to become more hooked on the product (as long as the product continues to excel, which it's looking pretty good). I'm also not in favour of the early bird deadline, but I'll pay up by then, unless extended. The senior situation is touchy as there are seniors on a fixed incomes that may be hit hard by this. I can also say there are a ton of seniors who are just upset they have to pay more than they have been, but can easily afford it. This is Saskatchewan though and rising prices are the devil and need to be protested at every chance! If it's the ones who complain about kids having fun and it being too loud, then I can't say I'm sad to see them go if they don't renew. If there are no kids at the games though, then the seniors shouldn't be complaining about the rise in prices as it could be considered a game day improvement to them! :p

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out in the end with the amount of push back.

crashnbang
02-27-2015, 08:38 AM
To be fair RWAH was going off the early bird ticket prices

Early Bird
GOLD- $14.44/ticket (regular season games only)
SILVER- $11.11/ticket (regular season games only)

Regular Prices (aka after Early Bird)
GOLD- $17.36/ticket (regular season games only)
SILVER- $13.89/ticket (regular season games only)

The new voucher pack prices are already posted on the team's website too....

10 game packs
GOLD- $190 for $19/ticket
SILVER- $140 FOR $14/ticket
ACCESSIBLE- $140 FOR $14/ticket

20 game packs
GOLD- $360 for $18/ticket
SILVER- $270 for $13.50/ticket
ACCESSIBLE- $270 for $13.50/ticket

As great as the voucher packs are in terms of the cost/ticket to attend a game its still a lot of money for a family to fork over to go to a game. What I mean by that is to save a little money they got to spend $140 or $190 which for a family of 4 will get them into 2 games with 2 tickets to spare. I get the whole got to spend money to make money (& in this sense spend money to save a bit of money). The 10 game packs are really only saving money if you are getting tickets for the gold if you get the silver 10 game pack your saving a whole freaken $1/ticket as walk up tickets for that area are suppose to be $15... in gold ya your saving $6/ticket which is a good saving

I can agree that if you don't get in on the early bird prices that is your own fault, especially since they are offering $100 down payment/seat to assure you the early bird prices which then have to be paid by I thought I heard July 15th but correct me if that date is wrong.

The $14 tickets are a fair price for adults and even seniors but that price for kids is a little steep. With this new VIP card that they talked about during the Town Hall meeting as season ticket holders are said to be getting discounted ticket prices when we purchase tickets for others (with no limit).

To be fair?... You are skewing the numbers. I'm not saying I like paying more for a season ticket than anyone else, but I don't believe in skewing the numbers to make a point, you are making the cost per game look worse than it really is. The official information has 2 pre-season games included in the season ticket price. The simple math is $520 / 38 games which is $13.68 for gold and $400 / 38 for Silver which is $10.53 for (whether or not a pre-season games is of any value to you is another topic and you are paying for those 2 games whether you like it or not so to say it is for reg season games only is inaccurate).

One thing I'd like to see is free admission to the Blue and White game for season ticket holders at main camp, not a big savings but it should be a perk of being a season ticket holder - let the Pats know what suggestions you have to make it even better. Also there will be more Toonie exchange nights next season, and there are some bring a friend nights which, whether you use them or not, are nice perks for those who do make use of them. You don't pay for these perks, they don't inflate the cost of season tickets so don't complain if you don't use them - they are things thrown in at no extra charge. I do agree the walk-up price does a little high for youth but if the walk-up price is too close to the season ticket holder price, then what's the advantage of being a season ticket holder? Also as PD mentions, "with this new VIP card that they talked about during the Town Hall meeting as season ticket holders are said to be getting discounted ticket prices when we purchase tickets for others (with no limit)". Let's see what this pricing is when it is available.

The deadline to pay for your early bird season ticket is not in April, they just want the first $100 per seat by then which seems fair to me. I think the deadline is July sometime like Patsdude says but I don't know the exact date. Stay outta McDonald's for the next 5 months everyone, those $1.79 cheeseburgers add up!

chopper
02-27-2015, 09:31 AM
The cost of tickets for regular patrons went up around 20%. The cost of students went up around 100% and the cost of seniors went up 63%. It's pretty freaking obvious that the cost increases for the seniors and students paid for the minimal increase everyone else faced. So please cut the BS about this being a fair and equitable pricing increase. The seniors and students actually carried the rest. Tell me how that's Fu__ing fair!

In Kelowna, Calgary and Brandon where they have actually been elite franchises for decades, seniors and students pay $400 or less. In Regina they pay $520..for what? This team hasn't won anything in 30 years or more. There are no guarantees they will in the future. A senior in Kelowna pays $400 to watch a team that's a perennial Memorial Cup contender. The same guys in Regina pays $520 to watch a perpetual rebuilding process. Were we all bought off with a "new clock"?

Most seniors in this province are living at or below the poverty line. The vast percentage don't have the massive pensions that a few morons talk about. They can't afford to go to the hot spots every winter. They have very small pensions and most need the supplement to get by. Their kids are often hounding them for what little they might have remaining, and are vultures a will reading time. To have an older woman cry at a meeting because she and her husband can't afford to renew is sickening. I suspect there will be some a__hole comment on how he thinks this is right, fair, and equitable. Everyone gets to walk the valley some day.

This was a cash grab by management, and one day they will be forced to admit they were wrong. The damage they've done in the interim is immeasurable. And really for what? To hurt the people who were the backbone of the seasons ticket corps for years? TOTAL BS..

D cherry
02-27-2015, 10:58 AM
Yes your right if a lady was crying about that she is unable to renew there season tickets you would thing that would speak volume about how passiontnet they are about the Pats Hockey club . To the new owners. Wish I would get to meet this lady so I could help them to renew there season tickets .

patsdude114
02-27-2015, 11:55 AM
To be fair?... You are skewing the numbers. I'm not saying I like paying more for a season ticket than anyone else, but I don't believe in skewing the numbers to make a point, you are making the cost per game look worse than it really is. The official information has 2 pre-season games included in the season ticket price. The simple math is $520 / 38 games which is $13.68 for gold and $400 / 38 for Silver which is $10.53 for (whether or not a pre-season games is of any value to you is another topic and you are paying for those 2 games whether you like it or not so to say it is for reg season games only is inaccurate).

One thing I'd like to see is free admission to the Blue and White game for season ticket holders at main camp, not a big savings but it should be a perk of being a season ticket holder - let the Pats know what suggestions you have to make it even better. Also there will be more Toonie exchange nights next season, and there are some bring a friend nights which, whether you use them or not, are nice perks for those who do make use of them. You don't pay for these perks, they don't inflate the cost of season tickets so don't complain if you don't use them - they are things thrown in at no extra charge. I do agree the walk-up price does a little high for youth but if the walk-up price is too close to the season ticket holder price, then what's the advantage of being a season ticket holder? Also as PD mentions, "with this new VIP card that they talked about during the Town Hall meeting as season ticket holders are said to be getting discounted ticket prices when we purchase tickets for others (with no limit)". Let's see what this pricing is when it is available.

The deadline to pay for your early bird season ticket is not in April, they just want the first $100 per seat by then which seems fair to me. I think the deadline is July sometime like Patsdude says but I don't know the exact date. Stay outta McDonald's for the next 5 months everyone, those $1.79 cheeseburgers add up!

You can make your numbers whatever they want to be just like I can... I based it on regular season games only which I made it very clear in my post showing the price breakdown as that's how I see the prices. If you have a problem with that... well oh well I guess... your starting to sound like that douche bag marketing guy from Ontario.

Also please don't kid yourself these Bring-A-Friend vouchers are hidden in the cost no matter if you take them as part of your package or not. They are part of the marketing scam (yes scam) to hopefully get some new fans into the building and hope they enjoy the experience and want to return paying full price for a ticket.

Also yes they do have more toonie exchange night being games from Sunday thru Thursday which are already very limited and also the exact same nights they currently have them on, only difference now is you can choose what game to exchange them during those nights. Maybe its a nice perk for those who do exchange their tickets when they go unused, for myself who attends every game (unless snow work calls) I could careless about exchanging the tickets as I value my time more then trying to sell the tickets. But yes there are ones out there who do sell them at a cheaper rate to others attending the games.

I for one am fine with the pricing for the season tickets at least for myself in being an adult as I do feel it is fair value for adult pricing. I don't agree with the student and senior costs though... I guess time will tell what happens but I don't expect anything to change before the start of next season

sbtatter
02-27-2015, 12:44 PM
So the Wheaties deal is renew now, get $25 off and also the first 2 playoff games for "free".
So that makes adult tickets under early bird $11.18/game, seniors $10.52, and best of all, kids $5.26 a game.
Sure kids can be annoying, but if we don't get kids into the habit of going out in -25C to watch WHL games, we might lose them as teens/adults to other forms of entertainment, so I'm willing to put up with some kids screaming. Usually they are running around the concourse with empty popcorn buckets on their head far away from me anyway!!!!!!!

RWAH
02-27-2015, 01:17 PM
Well said Chopper. I can hardly wait until May first and all the Anons on all the blogs have antied up so the Pats can anounce over 3500 season ticket sold. (good luck) remember this years number is 2700. sbtatter in this quiet building it is the youth that raise the noise meter and chant GO PATS GO but next year they can do it from the parking lot or home as they will not be in the building. All the new season ticket holders can enjoy the morgue.

crashnbang
03-03-2015, 07:59 AM
The deadline is July 15th (for a fancy season ticket booklet), or whenever you want to actually receive your physical tickets on Ticketmaster stock otherwise (ie. No actual deadline if you want tickets printed on regular stock – but no tickets will be released until the account is paid in full).

Also Sections 104, 109, 115, 120, 204, 210, 214 and 220 and now changed from Gold to Silver:

Email from the PATS:

REGINA PATS SEASON TICKET HOLDER NEWSLETTER

GENERAL INFORMATION & TOWN HALL RECAP

2015-2016 Regina Pats Season Ticket Payment Plan
Thank you to the passionate season ticket holders we’ve had the opportunity to chat with over the past month about their season tickets and questions about the 2015-2016 season.
We’ve had a number of people asking for more clarification on the Payment Plan opportunity. We are committed to working with fans to ensure we can provide a payment program that works for them.
At the request of many fans – we have extended the Payment Plan to allow for the following:
ONLY THE $100 PER SEAT DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED BY APRIL 30TH TO RECEIVE THE EARLY BIRD PRICING. FULL PAYMENT IS NOT REQUIRED
To be completely clear – you must have ONLY $100 per seat paid by April 30th to receive the Early Bird Pricing of $520 in the Gold ($13.68 per game) and $400 in the Silver ($10.53 per game).

How Long You Been in the Red, White & Blue?
We are working to update our records for the majority of accounts. Many do not have data regarding when they first became season ticket holders. We would ask that you take the time to provide us with a general idea (or exact for those who know), of how long you’ve had season tickets with the Pats.
Beginning in the 2015-2016 season, the Pats will introduce a new program recognizing Season Ticket Holders who are consecutive long-tenured seat holders. This program will include a permanent fixture recognizing fans outside the Pats offices, as well as an exclusive gift.
If you require any additional information or clarification, please do not hesitate to give me a call anytime at 306-337-1538.

Town Hall Recap
Following a well-attended Season Ticket Holder Town Hall Meeting on Saturday, February 21st; the leadership of the Regina Pats have listened and made changes to the seating chart for next season. These changes are summarized as follows:

· Sections 104, 109, 115, 120, 204, 210, 214 and 220; which were previously GOLD have been amended to be SILVER in the new seating map.

· NEW Discounted Ticket Areas – the Pats will be offering a limited quantity discounted $300 Season Ticket for next season. These tickets are located in the first four rows of Section 105 & Section 108 and the entirety of Section 211.

· The “Little TV’s” hanging from the Press Box… these will be gone in the offseason and replaced with larger TVs to be affixed to the back of the press box for the viewing of those in the upper rows and the suites.

Bus Trip
We will operate another bus trip for the Pats March 13th game in Moose Jaw. Once we’ve filled the bus, we will start a waiting list – in hopes of running a second bus again!
The bus departs the Brandt Centre at 5:00 PM. The cost is $40 per person and includes return transportation and a game ticket.
For more information, or to book your seat on the bus – call Kendra at the Pats office, 306-522-7287

General Concerns
As always, please do not ever hesitate to send me an email, give me a call (306-337-1538), come by our office during business hours or stop me on the concourse at home games if you have any questions or concerns about your experience as Season Ticket Holders with the Regina Pats.
We pride ourselves on our ability to advocate on behalf of our most loyal fans to Evraz Place with any concerns – as well as working tirelessly to improve the overall fan experience for Regina Pats fans!

RWAH
03-03-2015, 05:08 PM
Don't. be fooled by the discount on sections 105 and 108 first 4 rows. You cannot see past the players benches as the players and coaches stand, so your view is of half the arena, but you can watch the play on the $3,000,000.00 HD television in a quiet building. Sorry that was bitter but be warned the seats are not good seats. Not sure what is wrong with 211, maybe another poster can shed some light.

I note that the unused playoff credit is only a credit and will not be refunded as in past years.

wacko
03-03-2015, 11:24 PM
My guess for section 211 is that the Pats ownership is making concessions to those seniors on a fixed budget who felt they would no longer be able to attend games because their season tickets went up so much in price.

I do think Pats management is on the wrong track by charging children as much for a seat as an adult. That's no way to grow a fan base. Remember, it's the parents who bring their children to the games (since children generally can't afford to buy tickets or even get to the games by themselves). And if it's now too expensive for parents to shell out for a couple of extra season tickets, then they won't bother, and those children won't get exposed to Pats hockey as much, and they'll be less invested in the team and less likely to become future season ticket-holders when they already have so many other entertainment options at their disposal.

In general, I feel that the Pats owners are trying to move too quickly on ticket prices, especially when there's no guarantee the Pats will actually be a competitive team two or three years from now. I realize the Pats haven't had price increases for a few years, but even so, I think it would have been better to raise all prices at a rate comparable to inflation over those four (or whatever) years, and then increased prices gradually in future years as the Pats showed signs of improvement on-ice. I think management may possibly be banking too much on an elite and highly competitive team in a few years; I wonder what will happen if for some reason that should fail to materialize?

I note that the unused playoff credit is only a credit and will not be refunded as in past years.
Where does it say the Pats will not provide a refund if one is asked for? I was under the impression the credit towards future years was just the default option, like with Rider season tickets. I would think it's illegal to obtain money in advance for a product, and then refuse to provide a refund upon request if it turns out the product can't be provided.

mjw22
03-04-2015, 01:52 AM
holy crap even the Parkers werent this greedy. Your ownership is acting like this team has accomplished something recently. Price gouging at its finest. I agree with the guys who dont renew . Parking sucks ppl walking back and forth during play . Warriors try this crap I'd be done as well.

Bartholamew
03-04-2015, 08:37 AM
I was at the Moose Jaw game on Saturday. I went to the ticket office and purchased 4 tickets for my family. The ticket agent handed me my tickets in an envelope and I walked out. I should have checked them. When we were finding our seats we discovered that we had 3 tickets for the same seat. To top it off after the first period a gentleman came and asked us if he could have his seats as he was the season ticket holder for those seats. He showed us his tickets and sure enough we were sold someones season ticket seats. To top things off some one entered the wrong butto. On the 50/50 draw and the were not able to announce the winning number. Bush League.

RWAH
03-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Stated in red at the bottom of the price list credit for 2015/16 season tickets or 2015/16 flex pack.
I called the Pat office to get clearification about the un-use portion of a playoff package and it was confirmed they keep your money, you get 2015/16 tickets, either season or flex-pack.

RWAH
03-04-2015, 10:57 AM
holy crap even the Parkers werent this greedy. Your ownership is acting like this team has accomplished something recently. Price gouging at its finest. I agree with the guys who dont renew . Parking sucks ppl walking back and forth during play . Warriors try this crap I'd be done as well.

You are right price gouging. the new structure will increase season ticket revenue for QCSE from 25 to 35 percent, mostly on the back of seniors and juniors. The main question remains un-answered (why change the season ticket system to a zone system) What is the advantage. It increases the adult ticket the least and will make corporate tickets more attractive but corporate tickets have a lower attendance rate.

mjw22
03-04-2015, 11:14 PM
I was at the Moose Jaw game on Saturday. I went to the ticket office and purchased 4 tickets for my family. The ticket agent handed me my tickets in an envelope and I walked out. I should have checked them. When we were finding our seats we discovered that we had 3 tickets for the same seat. To top it off after the first period a gentleman came and asked us if he could have his seats as he was the season ticket holder for those seats. He showed us his tickets and sure enough we were sold someones season ticket seats. To top things off some one entered the wrong butto. On the 50/50 draw and the were not able to announce the winning number. Bush League.

lol bush league this from a fan of a team the Parkers owned :confused:

wacko
03-06-2015, 12:46 AM
I was wondering about zone pricing for season tickets, and how many other WHL teams actually did that. So I decided to look it up for myself, looking at 2014-15 season tickets for all WHL teams. This is what I found:

Everett, Vancouver and Edmonton are strictly zone pricing only, no age-related discounts.
Portland, Seattle and Swift Current offer age-related discounts in certain sections only. Otherwise they use zone pricing.
Spokane, Victoria, Calgary and Prince Albert have a combination of zone pricing and age-related pricing.
The other 11 WHL teams use age categories only, with the exception of club seating (if available).

The Pats' pricing scheme for next season would be closest to that of the Vancouver Giants, who also offer only two zones and no age discounts.

Stated in red at the bottom of the price list credit for 2015/16 season tickets or 2015/16 flex pack.
I called the Pat office to get clearification about the un-use portion of a playoff package and it was confirmed they keep your money, you get 2015/16 tickets, either season or flex-pack.
The red print does mention a credit towards either season tickets or voucher packs for next season, but doesn't say anything about not providing any refunds whatsoever. However, since you called for clarification, I will go by what you said. Though in that case, it doesn't seem right to me that you can't get your money back for any playoff games not played. For example, what if you had to move to another city over the summer? Things like that do happen, and I feel you should absolutely be entitled to get a refund upon request if the specific product which you purchased (i.e. playoff games) is not provided. I'm not certain how keeping your money without providing the product contracted for could possibly be considered legal. I'm not a lawyer though, so I don't know for sure.

RWAH
03-06-2015, 11:26 AM
I was wondering about zone pricing for season tickets, and how many other WHL teams actually did that. So I decided to look it up for myself, looking at 2014-15 season tickets for all WHL teams. This is what I found:

Everett, Vancouver and Edmonton are strictly zone pricing only, no age-related discounts.
Portland, Seattle and Swift Current offer age-related discounts in certain sections only. Otherwise they use zone pricing.
Spokane, Victoria, Calgary and Prince Albert have a combination of zone pricing and age-related pricing.
The other 11 WHL teams use age categories only, with the exception of club seating (if available).

The Pats' pricing scheme for next season would be closest to that of the Vancouver Giants, who also offer only two zones and no age discounts.

The red print does mention a credit towards either season tickets or voucher packs for next season, but doesn't say anything about not providing any refunds whatsoever. However, since you called for clarification, I will go by what you said. Though in that case, it doesn't seem right to me that you can't get your money back for any playoff games not played. For example, what if you had to move to another city over the summer? Things like that do happen, and I feel you should absolutely be entitled to get a refund upon request if the specific product which you purchased (i.e. playoff games) is not provided. I'm not certain how keeping your money without providing the product contracted for could possibly be considered legal. I'm not a lawyer though, so I don't know for sure.

Thank you for researching the West Conference I did not do that conference. IMO the US market is so diffent from the Canadian market I am not sure there is any value in a comparison with those teams. It is true PA and Swift utilize zones but they are not (sides and ends) but a discount for lower rows in most sections as the view is limited. much the same as the Pats have done for the first 4 rows in sections (105 and 108)??. This model is much like Edmonton as no age discounts and Edm has club seating and two zones (side and end)

The point is in the Canadian market a zone systems are only in NHL cities with a population of over one million people a far cry from this prairie city and both Cal and Edm WHL teams get ticket sales help from the NHL team.

patsdude114
03-06-2015, 12:58 PM
Wacko you could of saved yourself a lot of time if you had viewed page 2 of this thread, I also handed out about 100 copies of this at the town hall meeting for other people could be informed as well.

But all good the more info we have as fans the better but unfortunately it most likely wont mean much as I don't see the owners making any changes at least not until after April 30th when they get their renewal numbers in and hopefully see how much the new prices are effecting peoples decisions in renewing. Myself ill be renewing mainly cause I am an adult and I still feel the $520 for my seat is fair value but im not giving them my $100 down payment on my seat until the final week and not fully paying for my tickets until the final week as well

http://patsdudewhl.blogspot.ca/2015/02/whl-season-ticket-prices-around-league.html

I will be printing this off and making photo copies of it and handing them out at the town hall meeting. Let everyone be informed for this meeting. Will prob only limit it to 100 copies

Here is a list of WHL Season Ticket Prices for the 2014/15 season league wide......

BRANDON WHEAT KINGS
ADULT-$450 SENIORS-$400
STUDENT- N/A CHILD-$200

CALGARY HITMEN
ADULT SENIORS STUDENT CHILD
red- $613 red-$448 red-$410 red-$306
copper-$533 copper-$389 copper-$351 copper-266
blue-$424 blue-$294 blue-294 blue-$195

EDMONTON OIL KINGS
RED-$1049 GOLD-$709 BLUE- $549 (Area seating prices only)

EVERETT SILVERTIPS
BLUE-$895 SILVER-$695 GREEN-$525 PURPLE-$595 RED-$450 ORANGE-$430

KAMLOOPS BLAZERS
ADULT- $426 SENIORS-$374
STUDENT-$252 YOUTH-$170

CLUB SEATING $426 (applies to anyone who wants seats in this area)

KELOWNA ROCKETS
ADULT-$530 SENIORS-$412
STUDENT-$412 YOUTH-$272

CLUB SEATING $734 (applies to anyone who wants seats in this area)

KOOTENAY ICE
ADULT- $565 SENIORS-$465
STUDENT- $415 YOUTH- $365

LETHBRIDGE HURRICANES
ADULT-$414 SENIORS-$305
STUDENT-$415 YOUTH-$125

MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
ADULT-$499 SENIORS- N/A
STUDENT-$259 YOUTH-$159

MOOSE JAW WARRIORS
ADULT-$460 SENIORS- N/A
STUDENT-$310 YOUTH-$185

PORTLAND WINTERHAWKS
WHITE-$940 BLUE-$755 PURPLE-$698 RED-$698 ORANGE-$584
YELLOW1-$464 YELLOW2-$327

PRINCE ALBERT RAIDERS
ADULT-$540/$441 SENIORS-$468/386
(area seating only applies to adults & seniors)
STUDENT-$358 YOUTH-$187

PRINCE GEORGE COUGARS
ADULT-$538 SENIORS-$362
STUDENT-$358 YOUTH-$224

RED DEER REBELS
ADULT $564 ($599 AFTER MAY 30, 2014)
SENIOR (65+) $464 ($499 AFTER MAY 30, 2014)
YOUTH (13-17) $464 ($499 AFTER MAY 30, 2014)
CHILD (3-12) $299

REGINA PATS
ADULT-$520 SENIORS-$385
YOUTH & SPECIAL NEEDS-$260

SASKATOON BLADES
ADULT-$565 SENIORS-$450
STUDENT-$360 YOUTH-$180

CLUB SEATING $666 (applies to anyone who wants seats in this area)

SEATTLE THUNDERBIRDS
CLUB- $975 GLASS-$738 PREMIUM-$576
NORTH ZONE ADULT-$414 NORTH ZONE YOUTH-$306

SPOKANE CHIEFS
ADULT PRICES.....PURPLE-$595 YELLOW-$520 RED-$470 BLUE-$405 GREEN-$362

YOUTH PRICES.....PUPRPLE-$324 YELLOW-$308 RED-$272 BLUE-$242

SWIFT CURRENT BRONCOS
PLATINUM-$537 STANDING-#384
SILVER ADULT-$337
SILVER YOUTH-$241
SILVER CHILD-$206

TRI-CITY AMERICANS
ADULT-$788 SENIORS-$659
STUDENT-$492 YOUTH-$383

VANCOUVER GIANTS
GOLD- $639 RED-$549

VICTORIA ROYALS
ADULT............ SIDES-$612 CORNERS-$522 UPPER-$414
SENIORS & STUDENTS-$414 YOUTH-$198

CLUB-$892 KING CLUB-$1172
(applies to anyone who wants seats in this area)