PDA

View Full Version : MH/SC/PA/Brandon

Fight Guy
02-12-2015, 11:36 PM
Well, with the distraction of the new ticket pricing, an entertaining hockey game from Medicine Hat has flown under the radar.

I was able to catch a lot of this one on my phone again and was happy to find WHL Live was using the Shaw feed. Though I can't comment too thoroughly, this was a fast paced game with the Tigers getting a lot of shots on net. Wapple was great again. This loss had to have been a real downer in the dressing room considering how close they were to sealing the win. I believe Wagner had another empty net icing call. He needs to be less antsy and get to the red line. Otherwise, lob it in to their zone avoiding icing and use that speed to pressure immediately.

Either way, it's another learning experience. In OT, the Pats were on their heels for a lot of it, like usual. Though they had their chances also and it made for an exciting end. In the shootout, Elmer got an opportunity and looked pretty good on his attempt. He made a good move to go five hole, but Langhamer held it out. Disappointing loss, but exciting! Can't complain about the 1pt either.

Also, Hunt kind of ran into Wapple at one point. Seemed harmless, until Hunt turned around after the matter and Gabrielle lit him up after the whistle. Even though the collision was harmless, Gabrielle showed he's not going to sit back when those things do happen. It's happened lots where Wapple has been somewhat run and everyone mostly sits back. Thought him and Hunt were going to fight!

On to Swift Current. First time playing since the trade deadline and pretty well likely the start of the playoffs. Should be a great game. Not sure what the injury situation is looking like at this time, but if someone gets called up, I have a feeling Gardiner will be getting the call for Friday and Saturday, as he would leave off at home. Plus, that sorta seems to be how they are calling players up, with convenience to travel. If that's the case, I'm excited to see him in action again. I'm confident he will be on the Pats roster next season with Leschyshyn. Wouldn't think Brooks will be ready to go and I'm not too sure on what Coopers status is. We'll know come morning.

While I'm excited for tomorrows game, I'm even more excited for the game Monday against the Wheat Kings. Was glad to have made the trip to the last game in Brandon and see Klimchuk and Gabrielle play their old teams, even though the roads were terrible and the final score was rough. While Klimchuk looked like Klimchuk, Gabrielle played his first Pats game as himself. He was so exciting to watch against his old team and was looking to fight anyone...lol. He was crazy pumped for that one and was the beginning of his resurgence. Since then, he has kept getting better. If the game is not exciting hockey wise, Gabrielle will make it exciting, though I doubt it will lack good hockey.

Good weekend of hockey ahead!

Thatshockey1965
02-13-2015, 01:36 PM
It was a good effort against Medhat. They match up well against them. We will see about Swift, and certainly Brandon. The team is still you and does make mistakes, but those will disappear with experience. As far as them empty net it was Steel who missed and the play reversed back to the Pats zone.

Tonight will be a real test as they can put the nail in the coffin of Swifts hope of passing them. As far as Brandon goes well lets hope they can put up a good fight as that will give them confidence heading into the playoffs.

Cooper I think will be back and Brooks is still a week or two out. Will be nice to get Brooks back.

I said very early in the season give him a chance before writing him off. He has really played well this year under the new coaching situation. Just shows what a coaching staff can do to a player.

Bighat
02-13-2015, 01:42 PM
A coach can install or take away confidence in a player, that's why the best coaches and bosses know how to treat each individual differently.

patsdude114
02-13-2015, 02:36 PM
http://620ckrm.com/podcasts

for anyone who missed John Paddock on sportscage with Rod Pedersen yesterday..... jump to the 44min mark of the podcast

chopper
02-14-2015, 12:33 AM
There was nothing to like about Friday the 13th's game. Swift out worked, out hit, out intimidated us, out goal tended us, and simply kicked our butts. Unless something dramatically changes, any first round meeting will be a short one - say four games!

I have waited all season to see Zabrovsky improve..all I see is regression.
Harrison is here because of his ability and his being a 19 year old next season - yikes!

I along with a few others said that if they didn't get some toughness and grit they would be in trouble, particularly if they ran into Swift Current. Who will be play in the 1st round you say! We hit nobody because we were too scared to. Far too chicken s_it.

I guess getting a 63% increase in ones season ticket makes one a bit testy. I can say the rink will be far from full in the future. This team hasn't developed any sustained excellence/championship/elite qualities to justify the kind of increase they are extorting from us.

Many of us who have supported this team over the years with seasons tickets and at the rink purchases have been treated very shabbily. They should have offered something to season ticket holders, and made sure students/seniors were treated better.

Lay more eggs like tonight and a lot of walk ups will think many times over before coughing up $25 to watch something like that. It was not entertaining at all. I've been a fan since the mid 70's and I can say without exception I am bitterly disappointed.

Quarter Century Fan
02-14-2015, 09:25 AM
I didn't listen to or watch the game but from looking at the stats on the WHL website the Pats outshot the Broncos in each period for a total of 44 - 34 in favor of the Pats. Were they quality shots or weak shots from the outside? Otherwise it would appear as though Bow stole a game in Regina.
The Broncos are in my opinion an underachieving team this year for how many 19 year olds are on the roster. There won't be much left for next year.:confused:

D cherry
02-14-2015, 09:53 AM
You are right again Chopper . Zborovskiy and Harrison have not improved at all . I don't no if that was the game plan Dump and chase that's the only play Zborovskiy has used all season . Wish he would change it up and try to rush with the puck into the offence of zone . Just once . Harrison looks as if he not interested in the game .or just lazy . He sure likes to watch the plays go on around him . Thats what I think I'm seeing anybody else .

chopper
02-14-2015, 09:59 AM
I didn't listen to or watch the game but from looking at the stats on the WHL website the Pats outshot the Broncos in each period for a total of 44 - 34 in favor of the Pats. Were they quality shots or weak shots from the outside? Otherwise it would appear as though Bow stole a game in Regina.
The Broncos are in my opinion an underachieving team this year for how many 19 year olds are on the roster. There won't be much left for next year.:confused:

The Broncos richly deserved the win last night. They were light years better in every regard than the Pats on that night. Most of the Pats shots were from the outside or bad angles and Bow will stop them all night long. He didn't have more than 4 or 5 difficult stops.

The thing that stood out the most was the Broncos work ethic. I have never seen them work that hard in any game here. It's agreed that the Pats are young but there is no excuse for not bringing a strong work ethic. The post game comments reflected that.

Right now leadership seems to be at a premium. Most of the Pats wearing letters wouldn't be had the trades not been made. Those currently charged with that responsibility aren't doing the job. I am becoming less and less enamoured by Paddocks passive approach.

As our broadcasters said on the post game last night, if the Broncos play like they did last night the first round will be over fast. Heatherington will be back soon making them stronger on the back end. Even with Brooks and Cooper back I don't have a good feeling.

RWAH
02-14-2015, 11:58 AM
I figured it out. Every time there is a crowd over 4500 this team plays the sh**s so the new owners have adjusted season ticket prices to assure the crowds next year will never be over 4000

What were we thinking, it so envisionary of the new owners

witness
02-14-2015, 03:13 PM
Game in PA postponed tonight. The Pats can't get there. Roads are closing everywhere.

Bighat
02-14-2015, 03:43 PM
Good choice it's ugly out there.

patsdude114
02-16-2015, 12:31 PM
I see that the pats callup Zimmer for today's game. Enjoy the game today guys unfortunately I got to miss this one due to snow work I guess I'll get to listen to Phil in the radio today

D cherry
02-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Do you think they will ever sit Zodroushiy for a couple of games . If the D coach is not seeing what we see . Maybe give it a try see if play better after a couple of games from the stands . Someone said he hasn't played this much hockey in one year . Maybe sit him. Mite refresh his mind and see the game from a different aspect .

witness
02-16-2015, 05:28 PM
Sit him in favor of who??? A 16 year old call up?

Better game today. At least they entertained me today. Can't say that after the game on Friday

D cherry
02-16-2015, 06:12 PM
They have been dressing seven D go with six D for a couple of games.

patsdude114
02-16-2015, 06:37 PM
Zborovskiy is still miles ahead of Krushen and Mortlock..... I wasn't at the game today but sergey's games been that bad especially when you consider how much he has the puck on his stick the more you have the puck the more chances of turnovers

nivek_wahs
02-16-2015, 07:30 PM
They have been dressing seven D go with six D for a couple of games.They only have 10 healthy forwards (11 with Zimmer in the lineup). How do you not dress 7 defencemen?

D cherry
02-16-2015, 07:35 PM
That's why they need to sit Zborovskiy today he give the puck up on the first goal twice . On the third goal he was to far ahead of the play . Is all over the ice . I would like to see he sit a couple game . Give the Canadian boys some ice time . Maybe they mite not give the puck up as much. . I hope Dave does something with Zborovskiy . It's time

D cherry
02-16-2015, 07:45 PM
As for the ten healthy forward . How many shifts did smith get today if your so worried about how many forwards that where dressed.call up a 16 yr old can't do any worse than what Zborovskiy been doing the last while .

cpaw74
02-16-2015, 08:13 PM
I thought Zimmer looked really good. I really hope he stays up for the rest of the year.

witness
02-16-2015, 08:28 PM
Not enough ice time to keep Zimmer.
Better to send him down to continue to get first line minutes.

D cherry
02-16-2015, 08:42 PM
Have a feeling that Berg would be here before Zimmer .

booboo
02-16-2015, 08:52 PM
Very surprised the Pats did not beat the WK today when they were missing 6 of their top players. What chance would they have if the WK were healthy?

Bighat
02-16-2015, 09:57 PM
None but we new that after the trade deadline. Next year no chance again. Maybe 2 years from now we may win a game or 2.

Fight Guy
02-19-2015, 06:02 AM
Zimmer actually looked pretty damn good last game. He could easily play on this team now. He played a lot of minutes and looked to fit right in. Playing in the MJHL helped a lot, just like D'Amico. Probably still in tough to be much a piece moving forward though. Also, Berg looks like he may be unavailable for at least a bit longer as his Mustangs appear to be playing great and are now currently sitting in a playoff spot. Looking like Brooks will be back tomorrow night, and Cooper is a possibility even, I think I read.

crashnbang
02-19-2015, 01:27 PM
Very surprised the Pats did not beat the WK today when they were missing 6 of their top players. What chance would they have if the WK were healthy?

Keep in mind the Pats were missing their 2 top players in Brooks and Cooper but even with them in the lineup its not a real surprise for any one to lose to Brandon no matter who is in the lineup. The Pats game the all they could handle, just didn't put the puck in the net.